Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do kids ever shop?

Just opened a clothing store, and I have 4 child mannequins but I've yet to have kids come into my store and try this stuff on. Do they ever? Is there a point in selling children's clothes? I'd like to know so I can delete them and just get more adult mannequins.

Comments

• Options
    iraeshiniraeshin Posts: 163 Member
    kids do purchase things (:
    they're not much different from the adults from what I've seen.
    tumblr_mrvims5wr21rd43h2o5_500.gif
  • Options
    WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    Yp. I've had kids come in and try clothes on and purchase other things as well. Just the same as the adults :)
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• Options
    AdeleynaAdeleyna Posts: 37 Member
    It's been days and still no kids :-/.
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    I had like 1 or 2 kids that would come into my bakery when my Sims owned it. I think it all just depends on who the game decides to send to your store that day. I'm sure you will get some kids eventually :)
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,519 Member
    Yep! A kid bought a giant space rock in my store. lol
  • Options
    Tiffany_BabiiTiffany_Babii Posts: 427 Member
    Yep, I had a kid buy a cupcake for $150. LOL
    OriginID: SummerRed7
  • Options
    $150 for a cupcake????
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited April 2015
    Is it an old save? In my first save, after a while everyone aged up so there were a lot of elders and hardly any kids. The game is supposed to add new families as they die off, but it can be a bit wonky. I think because the game counts the dead as residents.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    In my game kids shop ALL THE TIME! It's almost ridiculous! Some of the best customers of my art gallery are actually children...
  • Options
    iraeshiniraeshin Posts: 163 Member
    @Adeleyna haha I was really surprised too when a kid bought chocolate biscotti from my bakery for 2k was it? LOL
    tumblr_mrvims5wr21rd43h2o5_500.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes, how many kids are in your townie non played category? In one game I have added many kids to those households and have many kids in some families. In another game I checked the non played/not in the world and there weren't that many, only two all others were single Sims in the game. It has a lot to do with how many kids are in your game in total.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    A kid just purchased a set of pearls for over 1200 lol xD
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    Customers are randomly rolled. If you don't get a few kids on the first two days, you likely won't see ANY kids. For some reason, the game is incapable of letting anyone except a handful of randomly selected sims shop at your store, over, and over. The crowd doesn't ever change.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,471 Member
    I've not seen any kids in my clothing store yet, but I do get the same customers day in, day out... Maybe my Sim started a loyalty card scheme and didn't tell me?! :o:)
  • Options
    tilghmansim3tilghmansim3 Posts: 56 Member
    lot's of kids in my retail store... just wondering where a child gets 3,000 to buy a masterpiece at 3 am ???
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Before I rebuilt my shop I had kids come in and buy the clothes. Alexander Goth looked smashing in the outfit I made. Lol.
    Since I redid the shop I haven't seen any though. Also not sure the bakery stuff is selling but it may be BC my cases are against the wall....
  • Options
    That's a lot of money for food lol. I got ONE kid finally.... maybe I'll make a family with all kids or something.
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    They do, there is some kids that come all the time. Alex Goth actually called my sims owner and asked if he could come hang out at my shop :D so cute. He even helped clean some dishes lol dunno why. And he was browsing some cookies in the bakery for sale :)

Some other kids is very cute he comes all the time to buy roses and flowers prob for his mom (in my mind of course lol).

The clothing shop for adult mannequins I never got any kids there dunno why?
  • Options
    Simmy869Simmy869 Posts: 36 New Member
    I have the same kid come to my market almost daily and she buys produce :)
  • Options
    Oh you can sell produce! Sweet!
  • Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    I have children shopping for plants in my shop.
    Here's Olivia spencer buying spinach.
    ke7p7s.png
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,011 Member
    take0nme wrote: »
    A kid just purchased a set of pearls for over 1200 lol xD
    How do you get pearls?
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited April 2015
    I have had kids come into my Sims' shop where there are kid's clothes but none of them has bought anything yet.
    Post edited by Nh6650 on
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    katoregama wrote: »
    Customers are randomly rolled. If you don't get a few kids on the first two days, you likely won't see ANY kids. For some reason, the game is incapable of letting anyone except a handful of randomly selected sims shop at your store, over, and over. The crowd doesn't ever change.

That might be a bug because my shoppers are always changing. There are repeats, but I'm always seeing new people that I didn't know were even in my game.
  • Options
    HlootooHlootoo Posts: 24 Member
    I get newbies all the time as well as my regulars. Kids are some of my best customers.