Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DEBATE TIME !!

Comments

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    200_s.gif

I am just saying... we know there are those in camp toddlers and those out of it. It is time to move on! :)

And if all of us not happy with the game because the toddlers do not exist spend no more money on the game - believe me it will affect all of you who are fine with it. There are tons of us that are furious and unable to play the game as it is. So we let it go - what happens to Sims 4. Think about it.

You do realize the people on this site only represent a small percentage of EA's fanbase, right? So just because a lot of people here want it doesn't mean everybody does. You (and me, and her, and him) not spending any more money on the game will not affect EA in any way.
    That is true if all the people who do not post here are happy with the game. Are they? Do you know that? Have you talked to them? I guess not.

No I haven't, have you? Do you know they are all unhappy with it? Have YOU talked to them? I guess not.
    Nice parrot. Polly want a cracker?
    My point is that you claim they are happy with the game.

Where did I claim anybody was happy with the game? I said that just because a bunch of people on this site want toddlers, doesn't mean all of EA's fans do. What thread are you in?
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    bethanyablottbethanyablott Posts: 85 Member
    200_s.gif

I am just saying... we know there are those in camp toddlers and those out of it. It is time to move on! :)

And if all of us not happy with the game because the toddlers do not exist spend no more money on the game - believe me it will affect all of you who are fine with it. There are tons of us that are furious and unable to play the game as it is. So we let it go - what happens to Sims 4. Think about it.

You do realize the people on this site only represent a small percentage of EA's fanbase, right? So just because a lot of people here want it doesn't mean everybody does. You (and me, and her, and him) not spending any more money on the game will not affect EA in any way.
    That is true if all the people who do not post here are happy with the game. Are they? Do you know that? Have you talked to them? I guess not.

No I haven't, have you? Do you know they are all unhappy with it? Have YOU talked to them? I guess not.

Dude, why you edit your post ?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    200_s.gif

Because I can.

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    200_s.gif

Because I can.

58ab9d580b07f5ffcf75764bb8576b7c.jpg

• Options
    lilybluebelllilybluebell Posts: 495 Member
    edited April 2015
    Of course they should bring back toddlers.

It's creepy having a newborn baby jump right out of a bassinet into a fully-grown eight year old! :grimace:

I loved the toddler life stage in TS3. I miss teaching them to walk and talk and going for strolls and all the really cute interactions that came with them like tickling them and tossing them in the air.

(Edit: my typo's were apalling. It's late, sorry. :sleeping: )
    tumblr_m6lwv1LDhs1r1fabt.gif
    In Evan Heaven.

• Options

Vlaxitov wrote: »
    200_s.gif

Because I can.

58ab9d580b07f5ffcf75764bb8576b7c.jpg

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

Not again! :D
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2015
    200_s.gif

Well as I go to many sites everyday - including twitter, reddit, facebook - and many other sites where simmers do gather - i see the talk. I am well aware that actually few simmers come here as i do most of my talking with simmers elsewhere. In my family alone that has nearly 30 simmers only two of us come here at all - so even to talk sims with my own relatives and friends i have to go elsewhere - and the number one topic is no toddlers.

I also know some don't care - like most of the teens and pre-teens in the family - many of which this is either their first sims game or they started with Sims 3 - but there are huge numbers of other simmers that are way annoyed by this - and are getting further annoyed.

Also the fact it has been so long as was said has already driven away some simmers who decided to put their money into other games - that is reflected in the sales in GTW seeing previously the first ep of every previous series was quickly in the number 1 slot in sales and stayed there for months not just a day or two. GTW is number 13 - and I doubt they would be that high except most of the games on the list are console games so there is not enough pc games out there competing for the ranking spots - but 13 for a sims games is unbelieveable and usually takes months to drop that low.

The fact when they said no toddlers they also indicated it was a time issue and indicated it was being worked on - otherwise most of us here would not still be here - never mind have bought the game and the gp. i know if they had said off the bat they would not be adding toddlers period - i would not be here at all as I would not have ever bought the sims 4 period. If they would say no we are not making toddlers - then many of us would leave. We only hang here waiting to hear. It has reached the point we are getting fed up anyway - and because I go other places I am aware it is not just on this forum.

ETA -Keep in mind I am severely limited in what I can do in real life - I only sleep 4 hours a day have 20 minutes of therapy a day, and on a good day may be able to manage 40 minutes of some kind of housework - so that leaves me 17-18 hours a day 7 days a week to do nothing but go to different forums. Please do not say you are lucky - people tell me that believe it or not - I assure you I am not.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited April 2015
    200_s.gif

Well as I go to many sites everyday - including twitter, reddit, facebook - and many other sites where simmers do gather - i see the talk. I am well aware that actually few simmers come here as i do most of my talking with simmers elsewhere. In my family alone that has nearly 30 simmers only two of us come here at all - so even to talk sims with my own relatives and friends i have to go elsewhere - and the number one topic is no toddlers.

I also know some don't care - like most of the teens and pre-teens in the family - many of which this is either their first sims game or they started with Sims 3 - but there are huge numbers of other simmers that are way annoyed by this - and are getting further annoyed.

Also the fact it has been so long as was said has already driven away some simmers who decided to put their money into other games - that is reflected in the sales in GTW seeing previously the first ep of every previous series was quickly in the number 1 slot in sales and stayed there for months not just a day or two. GTW is number 13 - and I doubt they would be that high except most of the games on the list are console games so there is not enough pc games out there competing for the ranking spots - but 13 for a sims games is unbelieveable and usually takes months to drop that low.

The fact when they said no toddlers they also indicated it was a time issue and indicated it was being worked on - otherwise most of us here would not still be here - never mind have bought the game and the gp. i know if they had said off the bat they would not be adding toddlers period - i would not be here at all as I would not have ever bought the sims 4 period. If they would say no we are not making toddlers - then many of us would leave. We only hang here waiting to hear. It has reached the point we are getting fed up anyway - and because I go other places I am aware it is not just on this forum.

Don't worry, I am on your side with the whole toddlers thing- I would like them back too, I have played since the beginning. Ts2 toddlers were my favorite. I'm sure there are a high number or people who don't want them, too. But I won't go to the extent to tell them "watch what happens to your fun game when we don't pay anymore"
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    simmer4life3simmer4life3 Posts: 105 Member
    I think people need to enjoy the expansions that are available and give them time to add things i mean they only did just add basements..let the developers develop...
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    I think people need to enjoy the expansions that are available

tumblr_mt47o2Euw91qakh43o1_250.gif
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2015
    Well it's because I see what's being said everywhere I go. And you are right - it is not everyone - as I said the pre-teens and many teens are okay with it, as is many of the builder types too - but as mentioned it is already showing when they go to number 13 in any Sims ep . It does not matter what i say - people are reacting to the game itself - but i see no point in denying what i am seeing or hearing either.

Even WA which was not as popular as most eps in Sims 3 stayed in the top three spots for weeks after it came out and Sims 3 did not have the same level of base game sales sims 2 had. Sims 2 doubled Sims 3 sales and not a single ep during Sims 2 dropped below 1st or 2nd place for almost the time it took for a new ep to come out. Sims 3 was no slouch either and still held onto 2nd place in sales for weeks and weeks. So it is already affecting Sims 4 big time in comparison to previous sims games. Shoot i generally buy family sims things for Christmas - and this year every single one of them asked if they could just have a gift card to Amazon or something instead of any thing for Sims 4. 3 family members have yet to buy the game period and those three are actually teens. It is unheard of in my family.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    WolfEyes wrote: »
    WolfEyes wrote: »
    I predict this thread will be moved to the feedback section just like all the other bring back toddler threads.

sorry didn't release they was a section for that I should have looked lol

It's ok. I was joking more than being serious. ;)

Although if someone does bring it to the attention of the gurus or one of them notices, it likely will get moved. Especially if people start breaking forum rules. I've noticed that with threads like this rather than close them they move them and that usually either ends the bull or at least reduces it to a dull roar. ;)

haha I think I need to have a goodluck at this site ,because every time I start a discussion it never seems to be in the right place lol

Sometimes I hate it when I'm right. lol :D
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote:

ETA -Keep in mind I am severely limited in what I can do in real life - I only sleep 4 hours a day have 20 minutes of therapy a day, and on a good day may be able to manage 40 minutes of some kind of housework - so that leaves me 17-18 hours a day 7 days a week to do nothing but go to different forums. Please do not say you are lucky - people tell me that believe it or not - I assure you I am not.

I am in the same boat as you. I just turned 30 and am just about permenently confined to my home. Most days I don't even leave bed. I don't feel lucky either, people don't realize how boring life gets doing the same things all day everyday.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    AshlynneAshlynne Posts: 288 Member
    Not meaning this to cause arguments its just a bit of fun! ya know hahah
    So basically the debate topic is..........
    Bring back toddlers or not?
    Just want your pure opinion !
    If someone agrees with you and has put a similar answer go ahead and like their comment! (and this post) aha!
    so im going to start:
    I think bring back toddlers like if you agree :wink:

I could be completely off base, but considering how this post is worded, I think the reason we are having "another one of THESE threads" is because someone just wants to farm "likes". lol

I could be wrong... just an observation based on the last sentence.

I say bring them back. I would like everyone to be happy. Those who don't want them can easily skip them.
    qLr9gBj.png
    This is what I look like IRL. "Bald is beautiful" my husband says. I'm getting used to it and I'm starting to like being bald.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited April 2015
    Regarding toddlers, I will say only this:

I will NEVER pay for toddlers in an expansion pack. Period, end of story.

ETA: By the way....how many threads have you made about toddlers? Don't you think it's time you get off this bandwagon and focus on something else? It's getting old.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote:

I am in the same boat as you. I just turned 30 and am just about permenently confined to my home. Most days I don't even leave bed. I don't feel lucky either, people don't realize how boring life gets doing the same things all day everyday.

I'm sorry to hear this, brookesaywhatx. I wish you all the best. From my dialogue with various Simmers on this forum, I know that there are many people here who are struggling with very painful and difficult issues.

On topic, I will repeat that I want toddlers to be returned to the game. Not because the lack of toddlers was the deal breaker for me but because I think they belong as part of the core of the game, the Sims themselves. My opinion. I will also add that the exclusion of toddlers topic will continue to pop up, throughout the length of the series, until or unless they are returned. The fact is, not every Simmer spends time on this forum and they wouldn't know, necessarily, that there have already been multiple threads and multiple debates about the exclusion of toddlers and whether they should be returned. Yes, many Simmers have already posted their opinions on the subject-but not all of them. Those who haven't posted on this subject yet and wish to do so, will continue to show up here. They can post their opinions too.
  • Options
    Ashlynne wrote: »
    Not meaning this to cause arguments its just a bit of fun! ya know hahah
    So basically the debate topic is..........
    Bring back toddlers or not?
    Just want your pure opinion !
    If someone agrees with you and has put a similar answer go ahead and like their comment! (and this post) aha!
    so im going to start:
    I think bring back toddlers like if you agree :wink:

I could be completely off base, but considering how this post is worded, I think the reason we are having "another one of THESE threads" is because someone just wants to farm "likes". lol

I could be wrong... just an observation based on the last sentence.

I say bring them back. I would like everyone to be happy. Those who don't want them can easily skip them.

that was 1/2 the idea haha
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Jarsie9 wrote: »

ETA: By the way....how many threads have you made about toddlers? Don't you think it's time you get off this bandwagon and focus on something else? It's getting old.

you don't have to read them if you don't want to? And besides I wanted to do a debate and this was the only topic I could think of aha
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    ArielleSaireArielleSaire Posts: 59 Member
    @Sul5ul Hahahaha loved the Hermione glare.
    Animated_sims_plumbbob_zpsf02263fe.gif
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I think there are people who really want them back because they love playing families. I don't usually play toddlers, but I support the people who do want them back.
  • Options
    boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    I'm on the fence, I liked them in TS2 eaisier to take care of, didn't like them in The Sims 3, mainly because of all the time it took to teach them life skills so you could choose their trait. If they are brought back as a fun addition and not a chore, I'm fine with that, otherwise no thanks, if it's a chore I'd rather raise a real child.
  • Options
    ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    Bring them back! The more Sim life stages, the merrier. Just hope they're done right (TS2 style, IMO).
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    I'm personally not affected by the loss of them. However, for Family-Based gamers, legacy players, etc., should NOT feel robbed of having a generation skipped like this. It's not fair to them.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'm really not affected by Toddlers not being in the game but it would be a nice addition to the game, I'd like the game more if they added it.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »

you don't have to read them if you don't want to? And besides I wanted to do a debate and this was the only topic I could think of aha

You're right. I don't have to read them if I don't want to.

And next time i see one of your threads, I won't bother to click on it.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!