Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,125 Member
    redvelvet wrote: »

On a side note, I'm thinking of starting a challenge, any suggestions?

@redvelvet you could do the challenge I did: The Single Dad with 5 kids challenge. You can't use cheats (except familyfunds when you move them in). The father can only get a part time job and support his kids on that income and the kids can't get jobs. The father can't get married either. The challenge ends when the father raises all 5 kids to adulthood OR one of them gives him his first grandchild. You fail if one of the family members dies. That's basically the gist of it. The full details are at the beginning of my Holland Family Sim story, as you have been reading. ;) Link in my sig.

You can also type in Google "sims 3 challenge stories" and do a search and many things will pop up, mostly from the mod the sims site. Have fun simming! :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    CHAPTER 29 IS FINALLY POSTED ON MY HOLLAND FAMILY SIM STORY! :D Sorry for the wait...
    I
    I
    I
    v
  • Options
    redvelvet redvelvet Posts: 41 Member
    Hmm, I might have to try that. Or I was thinking maybe a ISBI or a backwards one? 'Cause I love all the craziness lol.

Oh, and I read chapter 29, love it!
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited April 2015
    @redvelvet: On the old sims 3 site here is a list of legacy and other challenges.

The last entry in the the additional challenges list is the Zodiac Curse Game, my variation of the original Zodiac Legacy challenge (the link to it on that list is broken).

I wanted to emphasize telling a story using any play style rather than following strict competitive rules. So if you wanted to play strict legacy rules you can. If you wanted to use cheats the whole time you can (except you can't change the zodiac signs of the children). Also when I started that challenge a few years ago Pets was the last EP to come out so all the new traits from the additional EPs are not assigned to specific zodiac signs. I'm not sure if the new attraction system has changed which zodiac signs are attracted to each other but the way the game goes any romantic relationship between your founder (and their descendants) and someone with an incompatible sign (using the list of compatible signs) must eventually result in being broken up. Only those romantic relationships for your active household between compatible zodiac signs can live "happily ever after" while the curse is in effect.

My game lasted much longer than the blog entries and longer than the entries in the thread linked above. My founder, Kate, had one child with Shandor, 3 with Ronny and 2 or 3 with her husband, can't remember his name, who was compatible. Starting with sagittarius for Kate I think I ended up with 7 different signs. That game is on my old computer.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    I've gone back to how I used to play in TS2 where I delete all houses and premades to begin from nothing except for the RH's. Then I fill the neighborhood with my sims. I'm almost complete moving everyone in from my previous save. Once that is complete I'll slowly add more in the neighborhood to do like bowling allies, bars, restaurants, etc. Also more sims I'll need to create to fill out the neighborhood just a bit more.

I've also been having fun with removing the shiny specular layer off of clothes and shoes in CAS. Looks so much better and realistic.

qnljqw.jpg

ztdwua.jpg

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Glad you enjoyed it @redvelvet :) As I said in my thread I may have to break this chapter up into THREE parts because SO much happens! You all are going to love it! ;)
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @Deshong04: Those speculars are a pain. I actually found a few packages to tone them down from all base game and University Life items, and boy do they look better without SHINE.

I've considered picking up the slack for other EPs, but...too lazy. :p I guess I'll stick with the overlay/stencil/specular/etc. remove tool until I'm not lazy.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Deshong04 -You seem to play a little like me though I can only manage that with my game loaded full of Mods.Thank EA's bug-fest for that.
    Here's another update from Evermore Falls,Maine in the summer of 1635.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were up a little late that morning after having overslept and rushed to get ready for the day.
    17060810072_26524b3f76.jpg
    Ami got an opportunity to sell fish to the grocery store and finished it while Eli was studying writing on her smart phone.
    17036301546_7062abb794.jpg
    They both rushed to get ready for work at 2PM and managed to not be too late for work though they worked from 3PM until 6PM.
    16874743720_1e44b4f3c9.jpg
    They both had to make some small adjustments to their outfits because summer was about to end soon and they rushed home after fixing outfits.
    17060821562_9aee00bb5a.jpg
    Ami decided to eat a leftover hotdog for dinner while Eli got into her sleeping bag.
    16874750290_c60dc38426.jpg
    Ami washed up and decided to get to sleep by 8PM.
    17061509301_98da52e31d.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Mrknowitall526Mrknowitall526 Posts: 386 Member
    I downloaded the Debug Enabler mod a few days ago to fix a different issue, and noticed it said "fix invisible Sims" as an option. I had a problem with a Barnacle Bay save from like 4+ years ago after returning home from travelling one Sim was invisible and then horribly discolored. I'd kept playing, but haven't in like two years.

Just opened up that save, used that mod and woohoo!!! He's fixed!!!!!!! Wish I'd done this years ago!

Also created my first apartment lot today and am experimenting with that. I'm enjoying TS3 now more than ever before.
  • Options
    I hope to get into my game later since I've only been into CAW and worked on my project there so far.webmemes.org(awesome)
  • Options
    Nory_05Nory_05 Posts: 355 Member
    I might have too much CC... every time i try to install new ones it freezes, unless I install maybe 2-3 at a time. Quite frustrating...

My sim stories:
    Regrets (Finished)
    Abbie's Diary (Finished)
    Mistakes

• Options
    I'm going to try and play again today but yesterday the game kept crashing. In fact it kept crashing pretty much every time I've played for the past few weeks. Reports says it is a memory problem even though that should not be an issue. It's strange because I'm running a test on my gaming laptop with no CC/Mods but all EP's/SP's/Store content with the graphics maxed. So far I'm experiencing little to mild lag but no crashing.

On my gaming desktop which is way better than my laptop in performance yet this system is crashing a lot. However I am using CC/Mods. My test with this system without CC/Mods, all EP's/SP's/Store content and everything maxed gives little lag and during my short time have not had any crashing at all. So it seems the culprit is one or several of the CC/Mods that is taking too much of the systems memory/resources and constantly causing it to crash. So I lowered some settings to improve performance but now I seriously question my use of CC/Mods. What is it that I feel I must have in order to experience the best out of TS3 and should I just get rid of everything else? It's not like I've ever been one to go over 5 GB in Mods anyway, but even though space is not an issue, how it affects my system is. I don't know why but I'm having difficulty in determining which are resource hogs. I was just thinking about my MOBO and how I didn't really research it at all, so it could possibly be holding back the other components full usage...I don't know. However it's a high percentage it's mainly related to CC/Mods in this case in TS3. Besides I've never crashed while playing The Vanishing of Ethan Carter...a little lag while running sometimes yes but crashing, not once.

Anyway I'll share some screenshots I took a while ago.

rr8npk.jpg

2yjsh9y.jpg

33biupt.jpg

2samc1g.jpg

Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    redvelvet redvelvet Posts: 41 Member
    Well, Fiona must truly be losing it. She had a talking to herself animation while she was supposed to be talking on the phone. Molly and Stiles got engaged and she threw a bachelorette party, though she kept wanting to do a keg stand even though she's pregnant and can't do that.
    River went on a date with Geoffrey Landgraab, but once she tried to flirt with him, he screamed at her that he was married. A dancer showed up at the party, so Riv's trying to get with him. Not much happened with Sandi, but she kept crashing the bachelorette party and she became partners with Mortimer.
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    I made a story about my sims I been posting in play and share and decided to put it on Wordpress for easier reading https://friendshiplovefamily.wordpress.com/2015/04/11/friendshiplovefamily-a-sim-story-chapter-1/
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2015
    In my current game I had a daughter from the time machine who recently hit YA stage and thank goodness cause was waiting to form a family band.My Sim wife I met who is a apartment townie is my drummer,my time machine daughter is the keyboardist,I am the lead guitar and Betty Simovitch is the bassist.It is adorable my daughter Tracey and Betty have been sweethearts since high school and are both YA now and have the faithful moodlet o:) Here is my wife,my daughter from the time machine and betty Simovitch who is Gorgeous even without makeup.All of course are EA made Sims, Betty is the daughter of Vadim and Fatima ,my daughter was randomized like all TM sims but time machine Sims are Hott and my Wife is a default apartment resident,the standby NPC the ones that are jobless.So far we just started and are getting rabbit hole gigs but our first made all of us celebs which was cool :o Just wish I could play more :'(

My time machine daughter and keyboardist Tracey.

Screenshot-797_zpsoooias6r.jpg

Screenshot-795_zpsgj11f38r.jpg

My Sim wife who is adorable and our drummer.

Screenshot-805_zpsfcuqah4k.jpg

Screenshot-806_zpsgghusvkz.jpg

And of course Betty Simovitch who is always a cutie is our Bassist and my Daughters wife now .

Screenshot-800_zpsu4lvmhxc.jpg

Post edited by CravenLestat on
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @Deshong04 -I turned off automatic memories in EA options and have my graphic down though I could have them maxed out if I wanted to.
    @redvelvet -Your game sure sounded like fun for you.I would use that for a video though it wouldn't all happen in my regular games.Great update!
    @memoriivalentine -I should bookmark your blog.
    @CravenLestat -Your game sounds like it was fun for you and your pictures are great.I just use Mods and cheats if something glitches out like a mailbox or sim's motives and my Mods are all for fixing game issues.
    Here's another update from Evermore Falls,Maine in the fall of 1635.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were both up very early that morning and took turns using the washroom and eating breakfast before 7AM.
    16942720738_13889e9d87.jpg
    They both played online social games on the iPads after breakfast and showers.
    17104538616_694bf56bb6.jpg
    Ami ended up deciding to switch to a tank top and boxer shorts for sleepwear.
    17130494945_daf4c173a3.jpg
    They had to get their bills paid and get busy studying skills.
    16944319269_651af0eeac.jpg
    They boh worked on handiness and logic using iPads and computers until it was time to get ready for work.
    16923129187_ef27a1978c.jpg
    They got ready and ended up rushing off to work at 2:30 in the afternoon.
    16942987320_b1e83cda0e.jpg
    They got home at 6:30 in the evening and it was already dark out though they didn't get to bed until 8PM because they had to eat and clean up.
    17104567986_5f9905f3aa.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Hi tad :) ok running off to find a old save file someone wanted one of my houses and I think I still have it. B)
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    Nory_05 wrote: »

Have you ever played in Riverview? I demolished all those massive 1-bedroom homes over where Jon Lessen lives and replaced them with horse farms and the horse lots.

Ah, nice. I have Riverview, but not played there yet.
    For one of my stories I needed a big house for my sim sisters. I saw a perfect one, so I just "infiltrated" it and merged them into the family, then kicked the originals out, apart from the dad, who became the "butler". >:)

LOL at least he lived on. I just kill them all off, I've never been a fan of EA premades. They tend to have really nasty personalities even if you give them make overs and change their traits.

I did have fun making Don Lothario and Jon Lessen a couple once and then releasing them as townies. They were pretty happy together and surprisingly faithful. I did it because the game made them both gay and I thought they would be cute together (Don and Jon).

The biggest issue with Riverview is that is it heavily inflicted with the sunken lot glitch. I think it started after World Adventures was released? Where if you would place a lot that you saved from somewhere else, then it would sink into the ground on the edges and look awful. About 1/3 of the lots that I placed in that world? This happened and it just irritated me so much. It makes things look awful.

@TadOlson - I love your images, I'm intrigued by the 1800's references. What is the backstory? Why are they in modern clothing with laptops and yet in one of your posts you referenced them being in the summer of the 1800's?
    I have a glitch D: The sims go to use the toilet upstairs and end up walking through the floor back downstairs u.u

Have you ever used MOO (move objects on) on them to stage a photo?

I have had that happen when I've used it. It's been a long time since it happened so I can't remember exactly how I fixed it. I think I reset the lot or I may have quit the game and then deleted the cache.package files that you delete when you add mods to your game to reset things... or I may have done both, lol.

Hmmm, I did!! I wonder if that caused it...I read on a forum that sometimes it happens with new lots and fixes itself after a few sim days? I'm not sure about that but I'll give it a go. It's not happening with every sim or every time so we shall see.

Rock'nLlama did you fix your sinking Sim issue? (for some reason my tag for you isn't working right...I even went to your wall and copied it straight off that....)

There is a combination of cheats you can use to fix this problem. It is caused if you place a lot that was made in a different world and the surrounding terrain is at a different level than the world you placed it in.

Basically you need ConstrainFloorElevation False plus another one that I can't fully remember. It's SetTerrainOffset . You have to add a number after the cheat to indicate how much you need to raise or lower the lot. You use positive or negative numbers depending if the lot is too high or too low. It is a good combination to use for dive lots too. If you Google it you'll find lots of info, I haven't used it for ages so I'm a bit rusty with its use.
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Karritz wrote: »

The biggest issue with Riverview is that is it heavily inflicted with the sunken lot glitch. I think it started after World Adventures was released? Where if you would place a lot that you saved from somewhere else, then it would sink into the ground on the edges and look awful. About 1/3 of the lots that I placed in that world? This happened and it just irritated me so much. It makes things look awful.

There is a combination of cheats you can use to fix this problem. It is caused if you place a lot that was made in a different world and the surrounding terrain is at a different level than the world you placed it in.

Basically you need ConstrainFloorElevation False plus another one that I can't fully remember. It's SetTerrainOffset . You have to add a number after the cheat to indicate how much you need to raise or lower the lot. You use positive or negative numbers depending if the lot is too high or too low. It is a good combination to use for dive lots too. If you Google it you'll find lots of info, I haven't used it for ages so I'm a bit rusty with its use.

"setImportedTerrainOffset"

You have to play around with it until you find what works. Sometimes only a 0.3 or a -0.3 is needed. Remember to place it back to normal with setimportedterrainoffset 0. I have been placing lots from many EA worlds into Riverview and not having any problems. Where all the lots you placed from a user created world where they used a different offset rather than 0?
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    Glad somebody updated this thread and pushed it back to the top. It's my favorite thread on the forum and I was missing all the updates.

I've pretty much stopped playing Sims so I won't be around much other than to lurk and see what you guys are posting in here. Last Origin update did something to my game and I can't seem to get past it (constant crashing, rendering issues, etc). Didn't have any of these issues before the update and tried completely reinstalling the game, nothing works.

I've been playing app games instead since I don't care for Sims 4.

So, keep the posts coming in here. I really enjoy reading about your games and Sims.
  • Options
    @TadOlson I have memories disabled in EA's options as well. I don't usually play with SP on.

I've been going through Tips For Better Game Performance from the NRass site. What I'm also doing is checking to make sure all mods are up-to-date and re-reading any information that may help in knowing any incompatibilities that the dashboard may not be picking up on. I went from 4 something GB to under 1 GB with the rest stored away for now.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited September 2018
    I held a wedding and it worked.

Ted_And_Helena_W011.jpg
    Post edited by Karritz on
  • Options
    Hi there everybody,I've had a few glitches come up and it might be time to update NRaas Mods again.I just downloaded the new versions of the ones I intend to use or am using.My game isn't crashing or getting save errors.
    My blog link is alsoHERE if you have signatures disabled.
  • Options
    ColdHearted21ColdHearted21 Posts: 251 Member
    edited April 2015
    I'm building a castle in Dragon Valley been working on it about a week now

UrMeatisNeat

• Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    I held a wedding and it worked.

Ted_And_Helena_W011.jpg

I love the stained glass windows, so pretty.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top