Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help needed to save my sims traits

I want to play an old save, but my sim is an elder. If I take her into cas to make her an adult again she loses ALL her traits except the top 4! How can I re-age her without losing her traits? any ideas please?

ziggystats_zpswhot6egu.jpg

Comments

• Options
    omgxxstefferkneeomgxxstefferknee Posts: 154 Member
    i'm guessing they lose the traits because not all of those are even in CAS. and the young again potion only brings you back to the beginning of whatever stage they are in. not back to young adult like the sims 3. so i have no idea! wait this might sound silly. use the cloning machine from the science lab and see if they can be cloned into an adult lol!
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Not really giving an answer but I find traits to be buggy. For example I took J Huntington into CAS and got rid of his non-committal trait and replaced it with Gloomy. (I like his sim, but not that trait he had) yet he still gets non-committal moodlets and constantly wants to quit his job.

I do find it odd though that it's taking your traits away in live mode.

Is it resetting her aspirations as well or do they stay completed?
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    Aspirations remain completed, I had a look at those to see if I could cheat them complete to regain some of the lost ones, but no luck there. Ive had a search through some old saves and I found the day I made the decision to let her become an elder. The youth potion is on the counter waiting to be drunk. I remember now thinking back then that it was time to let her go and be an elder, and now I want her back again!!

This save is dated February and to be honest I havnt played much since then just waiting for GTW EP to get released, so gameplay time, I think I lose half a generation by going back. Looks like my best option if I want to keep all those hard earned traits
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Aspirations remain completed, I had a look at those to see if I could cheat them complete to regain some of the lost ones, but no luck there. Ive had a search through some old saves and I found the day I made the decision to let her become an elder. The youth potion is on the counter waiting to be drunk. I remember now thinking back then that it was time to let her go and be an elder, and now I want her back again!!

This save is dated February and to be honest I havnt played much since then just waiting for GTW EP to get released, so gameplay time, I think I lose half a generation by going back. Looks like my best option if I want to keep all those hard earned traits

There's an aspiration cheat but it's a tiny bit tedious.
    sims.add_buff Satisfaction_Points
    sims.remove_all_buffs

repeat until you get all the aspiration points needed. Can't remember if there was a cheat to type in the amount directly.

Better yet there IS a cheat to add traits, forgot about that.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Double post sorry:
    Cheatcc wrote:
    • Traits
    After activating the "testingcheats true" code, the following codes can be used at the console window:

Equip indicated trait to Sim traits.equip_trait [trait name]
    Remove indicated trait from Sim traits.remove_trait [trait name]
    Remove all traits from Sim traits.clear_traits

Source: http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/sims4cheatscodes.html
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    ObsidianMyst78ObsidianMyst78 Posts: 308 Member
    Try saving a copy to your library and use the copy to see if really does erase the traits. I had a Sim in CAS (not to change age, but for other reasons) and it wasn't showing all her traits either, but they were there in play mode. Play with the copy version to see if it is only showing partial in CAS or if it really will erase all of the traits.
    View my builds HERE.
    Gallery ID: RAINE78 or click HERE
    [img][/img]16960920500_af39128c74_o.jpgSims Homes by raines_secret, on Flickr

• Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »

sims.remove_all_buffs

repeat until you get all the aspiration points needed. Can't remember if there was a cheat to type in the amount directly.

There's a cheat to add Satisfaction now, they added back in the February Patch. :) Use testingcheats true, then "sims.give_satisfaction_points #" (don't type down the quotation mark). I believe you replace "#" with the number of Satisfaction Points you want to gain. :)
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

sims.remove_all_buffs

Is this the cheat you are looking for: sims.give_satisfaction_points 10000
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    thanks everyone , ill go have a look and see if I can put her traits back using this info. I don't use cheats as a general rule but sometimes needs must.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

sims.remove_all_buffs

Is this the cheat you are looking for: sims.give_satisfaction_points 10000

Oooh, yes! Thanks. :)

sims.remove_all_buffs

There's a cheat to add Satisfaction now, they added back in the February Patch. :) Use testingcheats true, then "sims.give_satisfaction_points #" (don't type down the quotation mark). I believe you replace "#" with the number of Satisfaction Points you want to gain. :)

Thank you as well. I thought it was possible but I couldn't remember. Wish there was a site that kept all cheats up to date regularly. Sometimes it makes me want to compile them all some where, myself.
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    duska3419duska3419 Posts: 180 Member
    How'd you get the immortal trait?!
  • Options
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    mapleholliemaplehollie Posts: 179 Member
    edited April 2015
    I think I've got what you need.
    Use the cheat traits.equip_trait [trait]

So like traits.equip_trait steelbladder
    And so on. It'll be a little tedious to get them all but it will work! So you can cheat her down to an adult then just give her all those traits.