Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aliens and "Try for Baby"

Ok, so everyone knows that aliens can impregnate men, and with the Sims 4 Get to Work an alien couple can both get pregnant and have babies... but only if they're a male/female couple.

By male aliens getting pregnant with the "try for baby" interaction with female aliens, doesn't that mean that the female alien is essentially impregnating the male? So, by this logic, why can't homosexual couples (female/female or male/male) with at least one alien have biological babies together?

I don't know, logic seems sound to me but when testing it only male/female couples every have the "try for baby" interaction :( Maybe this has solely to do with coding (which I know next to nothing about) but I feel like the homosexual alien couples need some love! I was so excited to have an alien family from two mothers until I tested it :(

Comment/like to express your thoughts on this matter? :)
Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!

Comments

• Options
    alexandriaannealexandriaanne Posts: 7 New Member
    That would be awesome! However, I don't think it is sound reasoning. Maybe Alien women just lack the parts to carry a baby?
  • Options
    Itz-a MeItz-a Me Posts: 74 Member
    Alien women can get pregnant too it seems. I have a female alien who tried for a baby with a male human. She ended up getting pregnant instead of the man... but then again my male alien got knocked up by a female human so I honestly have no clue what is going on with these sims. o_o'
    It would be cool though if homosexual alien couples could have kids of their own though. Ya know without adopting.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Could a Human Sim and an Alien Sim have a plain human Sim child??
  • Options
    Easy BreazyEasy Breazy Posts: 88 Member
    I think the baby is always some sort of hybrid between alien & human.
  • Options
    DonsvlinderDonsvlinder Posts: 312 Member
    I created a list with all possible combinations and the outcome of the pregnancy :)
    sims-online.com/aliens-sims-4-get-to-work-male-pregnancy/

You can find it in the guide but I'm sharing it here too:

Male Sim + Abduction = Male Sim is pregnant with Alien Baby (hybrid)
    Female Sim + Abduction = No pregnancy
    Male Alien + Abduction = Male Alien is pregnant with Alien Baby
    Female Alien + Abduction = No pregnancy
    Male Sim + Female Alien = Both are pregnant with Alien Baby (hybrid)
    Male Sim + Male Alien = No pregnancy
    Male Alien + Female Sim = Female Sim is pregnant with Alien Baby (hybrid)
    Male Alien + Female Alien = Both are pregnant with Alien Baby
    Male Alien + Male Alien = No pregnancy
    Female Sim + Female Alien = No pregnancy
    Female Alien + Female Alien = No pregnancy
    signature-the-sims-4-3.jpg
  • Options
    PulversoppaPulversoppa Posts: 1,146 Member
    So no confirmations on the type of baby you get, only who gets pregnant? Which combinations can produce 100% aliens, except for alien+alien and male+abduction?

Very eager to know after 15 failed normal, but blue, hybrid children here...
    "They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    I have actually gotten zero hybrids after trying the following.
    Sim getting abducted - twice. getting twins both times
    Actively trying to have a baby with an alien female - He had twins, she had a single, all pure aliens.
    So all in all, in two or three seperate worlds, I got 2 + 2 + 2 + 1
    Seven kids, all pure aliens.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    How can you tell the children are hybrid? Do they look different?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    They got hair I think.
  • Options
    All my 15 got blue skin, but normal eyes, hair and ears. :disappointed: But in a few simdays there'll be more. It's a female sim and a male alien trying by woohoo in bed + spaceship. After 5 more failed kids I'll just go in CAS and randomize... There it seems it's around 50% chance for them to get a pure alien child, but not ingame.. xD So annoying...
    "They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    Return to first message, no sound logic

In fact, when was found than aliens for woohoo can work as male and female, I though than EA found a 'valid, no woohooer' way to same-sex pregnant using an alien + couple of same sex
  • Options
    50% and that is through the entire sim community? xD
    (I get em you don´t? :D)
  • Options
    SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    edited April 2015
    @leo3487 Well maybe I'm just crazy but it made sense in my head lol :)

Edit: I didn't want to get too scientific but here was my logic: If a heterosexual alien couple can both get pregnant from trying for a baby, then that means that both have the reproductive systems necessary to both fertilize and carry the child--because the male impregnated the female and the female impregnated the male. That stands to reason that all aliens have the reproductive systems necessary to both fertilize and carry a child, therefore you would not need specifically a male and female combination to produce an embryo, just a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 from one party and an egg from another party.

As far as hybrid aliens and the chances of that, if you think of alien genetics as a trait (like hair or eye color), then the chances of such trait being seen in the child depends on how dominant that trait is. If the reproduction system isn't coded this way in the Sims 4 and is based solely off of set percentages (which makes sense for coding purposes), then you just have to flip the coin on hybrid or not, then again on full alien or full human.
    Post edited by Snowie on
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Thanks for the responses. I had a female sim get pregnant by a male alien and the kid is suppose to be a "hybrid" but she looks completely human to me and has a lot of the Father's disguise features and the mother's eyes. I also had updated his disguise in CAS. I am wondering if that had something to do with getting basically a fully human child.
  • Options
    That is a very interesting observation. O.O I gave up after the 27th failed blue sim child and CAS:ed me real alien children by playing with genetics. If it's so simple as to not have given your alien a disguise I'll go hang myself for doing that... :unamused:
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    I've only had normal Sims with alien colored skin aside from my abductees. But then, I've only had one sim have a baby with an alien. I didn't kbow at the time that he'd get pregnant too. Now my legacy LP has three kids when it was supposed to have one. Lol!
  • Options
    KimmyPersunKimmyPersun Posts: 40 Member
    I made a female alien and a male human. They've had 3 kids, all with blue skin. but no alien baby =( I'm a little disappointed, I was hoping for at least 1 human baby and 1 alien baby. The 1st pregnancy they both got pregnant. But I used a cheat to "abort" his. I don't really like the idea of males getting pregnant.
  • Options
    Meaghan ProctorMeaghan Proctor Posts: 1 New Member
    Okay, so what happens when a hybrid male sim tries for a baby with a female alien?
  • Options
    Mikoto1518Mikoto1518 Posts: 1 New Member
    Keekee53, I've heard that the completely human look in a child sim even though one parent is an alien is because of a bug. Supposedly the bug causes children to inherit traits from the disguise instead of the alien underneath. Knowing this I didn't have my male alien wearing a disguise when he woo hooed my human female sim.

As a result I got the "hybrid" alien result. Green skin but with human eyes, ears and hair. Which makes sense to me since I'm crossing human and alien traits. I'd only expect a 100% alien from human male abductions or if you invite a full alien to live with you.
  • Options
    Wolfgirl21Wolfgirl21 Posts: 1 New Member
    I did try for a baby with a male and female aliens it didn't work
  • Options
    VennaeVennae Posts: 1 New Member
    how long is a male pregnant for? mine has been forever now.
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Okay, so what happens when a hybrid male sim tries for a baby with a female alien?

I got an alien baby that way.
  • Options
    HannahcleolaHannahcleola Posts: 252 Member
    Ok so all I play in TS4 is pure aliens but I have never ever had my male alien sim become pregnant execpt if he was abducted @Donsvlinder Have you personally had a pure alien couple both become pregnant at the same time? :o
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    Service306 wrote: »
    Ok so all I play in TS4 is pure aliens but I have never ever had my male alien sim become pregnant execpt if he was abducted @Donsvlinder Have you personally had a pure alien couple both become pregnant at the same time? :o

They patched that out of the game. Don't get me started! I was never able to get it to happen before they removed it either. :'(
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    They patched that out of the game. Don't get me started! I was never able to get it to happen before they removed it either. :'(

Really? That's... really unfortunate. That was one of the most interesting things about aliens, IMO.