Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can We Just a Shout Out to the People at EA?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    Man oh man, dat forum censorship. Way to go guys. Thanks for deleting my post. Only says more of what I said to be accurate.
    BRAVO
    7KC58xB.gif
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    They deserve praise for their work and dedication. :)

shout-out.png

Cancel that. They are messing up big time.
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited April 2015
    Saying thank you is fine. Saying you're disappointed in the game is also fine. This is the Sims official forum and that is one of the reasons for the forum, to express opinions about the game, whatever they might be. The fact is that, regardless of any OP's opinion of the game, there will be others who feel differently and will express their differing opinions. It also happens on threads where someone is disappointed with Sims4, often times, someone will come on and express their differing opinion from the OP. I have said this many, many times. I don't think any one "side" of this on-going debate can claim that they have always responded in the best, most respectful way to those with a different opinion. Mostly people have been respectful to each other and have followed the forum rules. But no matter the opinion of the OP on any given thread, there will often be someone with a different opinion who will post that opinion.
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Speaking of the "family play" thread, Sparkfairy has had to lay down the law on more than one occasion to certain players who insisted on lecturing thread participants on how wrong they were and being condescending and belittling their opinion over the lack of toddlers. So, your point is totally useless, because believe me, I've seen plenty of posters here who regularly go into a negative thread and belittle and condescend other players for not liking the game or say that they're playing it wrong. I call those people "Keeper of the Flame" and "The Voice of Reason" because, inevitably, their whole tone is arrogant and condescending towards those players who don't like the way The Sims 4 team has changed the game play style.
    I know, and those people are pests. That's what you are doing only in reverse.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    RaindropsRaindrops Posts: 389 Member
    Fanboy of The Flop 4 found
    tumblr_oc39b9Vin11se7bv3o2_r1_500.gif
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited April 2015
    Darkling wrote: »
    I'm glad you're liking the game but threads like this always confuse me. I bought a new car last year but I didn't feel the need to sit down and write Ford a thank you note. In fact, the opposite happened and they sent me one...several, actually! LOL

I appreciate when people thank me for doing good work. It beats being told I did lousy work (which a lot of people around here seem to think it's perfectly fine to tell the developers, and often), and it beats radio silence. I generally assume that other people enjoy the pick-me-up too. I think it's nice. Maybe the world would be a better place if we told people when we appreciated their work, not only when we didn't.

I work in the service industry so I understand the value of a "thank you" but I think the context of that "thank you" is also important.

If I'm at Starbucks and order a coffee, I'll thank the barista who served me. I won't go home and send the company an email thanking them for selling cappuccinos. If I'm at Ulta and a clerk directs me to a palette I'm looking for, I'll thank them. I'm not going to send Urban Decay a thank you note for making the Vice 3 palette. I thank companies by supporting them through my purchases.

When I'm at work I value the appreciation of my managers and co-workers above all else and I don't really expect showers of thank-yous from our customers, even though I guess it's nice to have. The fact that they are bringing us their business, and providing me with a paycheck by default, is thanks enough. I guess it's kind of an old school approach to things but I'm kind of old school, so yeah.

If this comes off as rude or whatever, that's not my intention but it is how I feel.

The person is thanking the developers, not the company.

Yes, I know the OP was referring to the devs. I'm going to bring up another possibly unpopular point but, apparently, it's my day for rubbing people the wrong way.

I think the line between who and what the devs are perceived to be and who and what they really are has been blurred, and blurred in EA's favor. With the recent advent of the devs tweeting away on Twitter, posting on the forums and doing LiveChats, I think that people seem to see them as being somewhat removed from the entity of EA and sometimes this can lend itself to them being less likely to be criticized and more likely for them to be defended. However, they actually are EA employees first and foremost. And not just employees, but employees who came up with the "vision" for TS4 and the "direction" of TS4. Employees who basically made this game from the ground up. So in this sense, I really don't see much of a difference between the devs and EA.

Edited for clarity.

I don't see how any of that:

a) Means one cannot thank someone they want to;

b) Warrants the OP's thread being completely derailed and destroyed.

If people think they have the right to call the developers lazy and incompetent (I have seen "lazy being used at least seven times today), perhaps they could leave alone the one thread that actually has a nice, positive message, without putting the OP on the spot and demanding to know WHY the OP has an opinion and feels he can express it - "how dare you have an opinion? JUSTIFY IT TO MY LIKING!"

It boils down to having good manners and being a bit more respectful to others. It's not like threads tearing EA and the developers, who are human beings, apart, are lacking in the Forum...

One could leave this Thank You thread be and be a nice read to those who are being thanked instead of vicious and hostile.

That post was to show how I equate the games devs to the company in this instance, which relates to my previous post.

Just for the record:

a) I never said that the OP could not thank anyone he/she wanted to.

b) Threads like this invariably go slightly OT. You yourself have participated in the "derailment" of this thread by responding to other posts. This is not an accusation just an example of how normal this is as conversations develop organically.

I am not rude. I am not hostile. I am not vicious. I have good manners. I am more than respectful to others. I do not call anyone on these forums names. I do not attack other posters or the devs. However, I am also not going to change my opinions or thoughts just because others don't care for or approve of them, and I will never let people dictate to me what threads I can and can not post on.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    I'm glad you're liking the game but threads like this always confuse me. I bought a new car last year but I didn't feel the need to sit down and write Ford a thank you note. In fact, the opposite happened and they sent me one...several, actually! LOL

I appreciate when people thank me for doing good work. It beats being told I did lousy work (which a lot of people around here seem to think it's perfectly fine to tell the developers, and often), and it beats radio silence. I generally assume that other people enjoy the pick-me-up too. I think it's nice. Maybe the world would be a better place if we told people when we appreciated their work, not only when we didn't.

I work in the service industry so I understand the value of a "thank you" but I think the context of that "thank you" is also important.

If I'm at Starbucks and order a coffee, I'll thank the barista who served me. I won't go home and send the company an email thanking them for selling cappuccinos. If I'm at Ulta and a clerk directs me to a palette I'm looking for, I'll thank them. I'm not going to send Urban Decay a thank you note for making the Vice 3 palette. I thank companies by supporting them through my purchases.

When I'm at work I value the appreciation of my managers and co-workers above all else and I don't really expect showers of thank-yous from our customers, even though I guess it's nice to have. The fact that they are bringing us their business, and providing me with a paycheck by default, is thanks enough. I guess it's kind of an old school approach to things but I'm kind of old school, so yeah.

If this comes off as rude or whatever, that's not my intention but it is how I feel.

The person is thanking the developers, not the company.

Yes, I know the OP was referring to the devs. I'm going to bring up another possibly unpopular point but, apparently, it's my day for rubbing people the wrong way.

I think the line between who and what the devs are perceived to be and who and what they really are has been blurred, and blurred in EA's favor. With the recent advent of the devs tweeting away on Twitter, posting on the forums and doing LiveChats, I think that people seem to see them as being somewhat removed from the entity of EA and sometimes this can lend itself to them being less likely to be criticized and more likely for them to be defended. However, they actually are EA employees first and foremost. And not just employees, but employees who came up with the "vision" for TS4 and the "direction" of TS4. Employees who basically made this game from the ground up. So in this sense, I really don't see much of a difference between the devs and EA.

Edited for clarity.

I don't see how any of that:

a) Means one cannot thank someone they want to;

b) Warrants the OP's thread being completely derailed and destroyed.

If people think they have the right to call the developers lazy and incompetent (I have seen "lazy being used at least seven times today), perhaps they could leave alone the one thread that actually has a nice, positive message, without putting the OP on the spot and demanding to know WHY the OP has an opinion and feels he can express it - "how dare you have an opinion? JUSTIFY IT TO MY LIKING!"

It boils down to having good manners and being a bit more respectful to others. It's not like threads tearing EA and the developers, who are human beings, apart, are lacking in the Forum...

One could leave this Thank You thread be and be a nice read to those who are being thanked instead of vicious and hostile.

That post was to show how I equate the games devs to the company in this instance, which relates to my previous post.

Just for the record:

a) I never said that the OP could not thank anyone he/she wanted to.

b) Threads like this invariably go slightly OT. You yourself have participated in the "derailment" of this thread by responding to other posts. This is not an accusation just an example of how normal this is as conversations develop organically.

I am not rude. I am not hostile. I am not vicious. I have good manners. I am more than respectful to others. I do not call anyone on these forums names. I do not attack other posters or the devs. However, I am also not going to change my opinions or thoughts just because others don't care for or approve of them, and I will never let people dictate to me what threads I can and can not post on.

Agreed.
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    NOTICE: closing this thread due to the disrespect being shown to other users.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top