Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A grandnephew is black but no black people in this branch of family??

I'm playing my new Charming Legacy and I'm checking on my various houses. Well one of these houses is my sim-self's sister. She and her husband (who is Blue) just had two grandsons via one of their sons. One of their grandsons, Octavion is black but no one in the family is the same colour. The grandsons' mom's side of the family only have white people in it. The other grandson takes after his dad and Paterneal grandpa blue colour
2mpcxmd.jpg

family tree part 1:
2i0w6x4.jpg

family tree part 2
nn17rd.jpg
6adMCGP.gif

Comments

• Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    Perhaps it is a glitch because of the blue skin? Scobre has a similar issue with her smurf family. The first kids she had, came out with regular colored skin, although both parents have blue skin.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,758 Member
    gayars wrote: »
    Perhaps it is a glitch because of the blue skin? Scobre has a similar issue with her smurf family. The first kids she had, came out with regular colored skin, although both parents have blue skin.

that is kind of werid. But I know there used to be actual human blue people in the U.S. In Kentucky
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    I have an explanation:
    The skintones in cas mode go like this: pale skins > white > black > green/blue
    So it simply found in the cas skinones the exact middle counted one between blue and her shade of white. That so happened to be black. It didn't work this way in sims 3 cos that had clever sliders which could mix to any skin tone, however sims 4 skintones do look so much better tbh. With aliens it works differently, the sim definatly gets one of their parents skins. Hope this helps :)
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    i forgot to mention the Paterneal grandfather has a brother who is green
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    RealmOfAJAXRealmOfAJAX Posts: 87 Member
    The genetics is bugged. Most likely will be fixed in the newest patched.
    Origin: RealmOfAJAX
  • Options
    AstroX1424 wrote: »
    What color is the mailman?

it can't be the mail man due to the fact the kid's twin brother is the same colour as their papa and grandpa
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    My daughter is now having an issue of a child that came out with reddish hair and both parents are black haired. Go figure.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    emmaning wrote: »
    I have an explanation:
    The skintones in cas mode go like this: pale skins > white > black > green/blue
    So it simply found in the cas skinones the exact middle counted one between blue and her shade of white. That so happened to be black. It didn't work this way in sims 3 cos that had clever sliders which could mix to any skin tone, however sims 4 skintones do look so much better tbh. With aliens it works differently, the sim definatly gets one of their parents skins. Hope this helps :)

omg ea would be so dumb for doing this..

• Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    In one save I used the CAS cheat to change a townie Sim. Then I created a blond haired blue eye couple for another household. They had two kids I had to edit in CAS because they kept having black babies.
    In that same save a black couple had a white baby with red hair. I stopped playing the save after that. I think the cheat I used to change one Sim in the first household I played in that save messed up the genetics.
    I stopped using that CAS cheat because IMO it messes up the genetics in that save.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

it can't be the mail man due to the fact the kid's twin brother is the same colour as their papa and grandpa
    I knew it wasn't the mailman, it was just a joke. :D
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited April 2015
    MadameLee wrote: »

you know something called "Superfecundation"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superfecundation

the great greek hero hercules and his brother despise born in the same day where made from different fathers
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heracles

lol then could be a chance to be the mailman :P .

tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Just another bug
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,611 Member

Oh my God, I'm in class and I almost laughed out loud at your comment. XD

Anyway, I think maybe you should wait for the baby to grow up to a child. Some people's sims have dark skinned babies but when they grow up, they become white. But yeah, it could also be because of the blue skin. Haha.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    MissBMissB Posts: 323 Member
    edited April 2015
    I find the babies' skin tone change when babies age into children. Wait for the baby to age up and let us know the skin colour... If it is still dark, we can blame the mail man.
    Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go play sims.
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member

I just had to thank you for the laugh, I needed it!
  • Options
    the kiddo is still black.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ObsidianMyst78ObsidianMyst78 Posts: 308 Member
    Well be lucky you are getting diversity in your families! All of my Sims so far in this legacy come out looking like a clone of one of the parents! I just started Gen 3 and I feel like I have been playing the same Sim for all three generations!
    View my builds HERE.
    Gallery ID: RAINE78 or click HERE
    [img][/img]16960920500_af39128c74_o.jpgSims Homes by raines_secret, on Flickr

• Options
    KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member
    Someone has been sneaking some chocolate.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Legal fatherhood does not equal biological fatherhood.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I usually get one odd child in the mix over generations that can't be explained how that happened. I just laugh when it happens.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    I know! Mutation! <joke> really I think their genetics just aren't all that.
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    My sims are white and they had a black baby. I was a tad shocked! Bug i think.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited April 2015
    Granted these kids' dad is a pasty prince but still...

ehjkgx.jpg

They gave us amazing CAS options to work with this time around in regards to making all ethnicity look good, but it has no consistency in the game.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Paterneal grandma Laura:
    2pqtmyv.jpg
    Paternal grandfather Jordan
    2rmnn5w.jpg

dad Jean:
    8we2vn.jpg

Maternal grandparents:
    Grandma-Aurora
    dnhjq9.jpg