Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else miss the Burglar?

Anyone else miss the Burglar

I kinda do....

>:)

Comments

• Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    Not a ton. The burglar alarm was kinda expensive. Every once in a while it was fun to watch the fight between the cop and the burglar, but I've already seen it a bunch.
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited April 2015
    I do. Things like the burglar have always been a staple of The Sims. I don't get how you could not include that, but include some huge virtual gaming thing.

That, and for many other reasons, is why The Sims 4 will never count as a real Sims game for me.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah I do a lot. It added a bit more drama to the game. Now my Sims live in a Stepford Wives neighborhood where nothing bad ever happens.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I do. I didn't even like the burglar that much before, but it just seems really weird to not have that risk at all.

A key part of the Sims experience is when the burglar steals your toilet and you can't afford to replace it...
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    For the most part, I don't miss the burglar. In TS3 when ever they would strike, I would get a message from them stating how much they have in common with the woman, whom's house the broke into, or attempted to break into.
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    Not really. I always got a security system for my house asap with every new game in TS3, so they'd get caught and wake up all my sims, and get hauled off and it's one of those things that once I'd seen it just to see it I was good not to any longer.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    RudeBoyRudeBoy Posts: 67 Member
    i def miss it,i bet they come out with a ep with all the npcs back lmao
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I don't. I hated when burglars came into my houses so I always had to buy burglar alarms. If they return, burglar alarms have to return too.
  • Options
    mapleholliemaplehollie Posts: 179 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    I don't. I hated when burglars came into my houses so I always had to buy burglar alarms. If they return, burglar alarms have to return too.
    I usually try not to be one of the haters, but I can 100% see them not giving us a burglar alarm because it would make it "too easy." I mean, wasn't that their reason for not giving us NPCs like repairmen?

• Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I wish I could be the burglar....liked that about TS3 :D But the alarm was too expensive and not really effective in TS3 and it made me mad. Sims 1 and 2 had a good system, but it wasn't as interactive. All the burglar did was have me not put expensive items on the lawn!
  • Options
    The Sims 1 burglar music was great and scary.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    No I hate getting their stuff stolen.
    New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    GoldenkrowGoldenkrow Posts: 166 Member
    I really want the burglar back(and the cop), and the firefighter.
    A reminder that an expansion pack is coming along, and yet somehow there are still no Dishwashers.
  • Options
    No I hate getting their stuff stolen.
    It's ok neighbors and maids are already stealing stuff in the game.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Yes, and also repairmen, firemen, babysitters...
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    hihi122122 wrote: »
    I wish I could be the burglar....liked that about TS3 :D But the alarm was too expensive and not really effective in TS3 and it made me mad. Sims 1 and 2 had a good system, but it wasn't as interactive. All the burglar did was have me not put expensive items on the lawn!

Once I realized the alarm had to go on the OUTSIDE of the house, it worked every time!
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    no because my sim never did anything about him he just stared and smiled as the thief kept walking by. Only if my sim can tackle him and fight him I would.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    townie1010townie1010 Posts: 104 Member
    the worry of having something stolen was always a great factor in having fun while playing sims. Hopefully it comes back soon. Do fights between inactive sims ever happen on the current lot?
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    I do miss them the Sims 1 burglar music was creepy but yes I'm surprised they wasn't added in Sims 4
  • Options
    Sundial IcieSundial Icie Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Jimboola11 said:
    > Anyone else miss the Burglar
    >
    > I kinda do....

aaah...forgot all about the Burglar! NOW I miss him.
  • Options
    FoxcrestFoxcrest Posts: 348 Member
    If Burglars returned the Detectives would have actual crimes to solve instead of doing absolutely nothing all day at the police station.

But yes I'd like to see burglars return
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I used to get so angry when a burglar would break into my sim's house....yet somehow, without them in TS4, something feels missing and I miss burglars terribly! If they are going to bring back burglars, I hope they bring back the scary raccoon from TS1- they already look like burglars anyway.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Not even remotely.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    They're still in the game - the maids are really the burglars and we don't have any maids.