Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Not Working After Latest Update [March 26th, 2015] [SOLVED]

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MiuPanda18MiuPanda18 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have over 1,000 cc lol and removing them all and adding them back one by one is going to be a lot of work. :/
  • Options
    MaybelliqueMaybellique Posts: 14 New Member
    > @MiuPanda18 said:
    > I have over 1,000 cc lol and removing them all and adding them back one by one is going to be a lot of work. :/

What a pain. -1 I don't know how much custom content I have in the game already, but what I've dl'ed is necessary for my sims to look accurate. I hope they come up with a fix soon so that we can still use our CC.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    MiuPanda18 wrote: »
    I have over 1,000 cc lol and removing them all and adding them back one by one is going to be a lot of work. :/

Add back in batches. If a batch doesn't work, pull half the batch back out.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    > @SugarRave said:
    > I don't think it's just mods that broke from this update, when I tried mods alone (I only use two) that didn't make the crash happen. When I started adding my CC back in, that's when things went awry. I think I figured out which stuff does it though, and it's a shame because I really liked those Newsea hairstyles...

I think you'll be happy to learn that the Newsea content worked just fine for me. I added my CC back several at a time and finally found the culprit in the name of "sheermaxiskirtbg". I don't remember where I got that! Sometimes I go on late night CC downloading binges. It's just cheaper than hitting up the real clothes sites and Sephora. lol
  • Options
    Should we compile a list just so that others know which files have already been proven to not work in the game anymore?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Mods are supposed to be updated by their creators with every patch - Nrass was always telling people that - and are always supposed to be removed from game before an update - then to check with the creators to see if a new version is up before reinstalling. If you never do this - then it is no wonder there were problems with Sims 3 and now Sims 4 games. It has always been a given when it comes to mods - as very few do not need updating with every single patch as they are usually made to be patch specific.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    x_anjuta_xx_anjuta_x Posts: 13 New Member
    I also had my game crash after the march update. I figured it was because of some cc files by simsimi (piercings, hair, skin, caps, biker leather jacket) and CFS (facial hair), which didn't work in the first place but now also corrupt the game. Additionaly the following files crash my game: [SM]IceHat.package (caps), SocksTreatShirt4.package (stockings), Alesso_ClicheNoBraid_MHShairedit.package (hair)
  • Options
    KalowKalow Posts: 11 New Member
    [quote="Writin_Reg;13466464"]Mods are supposed to be updated by their creators with every patch - Nrass was always telling people that - and are always supposed to be removed from game before an update - then to check with the creators to see if a new version is up before reinstalling. If you never do this - then it is no wonder there were problems with Sims 3 and now Sims 4 games. It has always been a given when it comes to mods - as very few do not need updating with every single patch as they are usually made to be patch specific. [/quote]

Come on . . .
    This is a little off topic (but i have to retort to this). Just using sims 3 regularly without mods or cc (which i had neither) was a problem. It was just super glitchy. The more stuff packs and expansions, things just got more messed up. Sims 4 is better but still glitchy. I feel that it is your decision to use mods and cc but don't expect perfection either way. It's just not the EA way.
  • Options
    Tucan23Tucan23 Posts: 5 New Member
    I have tested all my CC. Should I post which ones caused the game to not load??
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Tucan23 wrote: »
    I have tested all my CC. Should I post which ones caused the game to not load??

There's a topic in the Mods and CC area here about dead CC. People there would probably appreciate it :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ladyceeladycee Posts: 1 New Member
    I too had a problem with Sims 4 not working after the latest update. In fact, after every update EA pushed down for the TS4, i lost all progress ... frustrating to say the least but not uncommon for any Sims. Still, I'm a fan so will work through all the bugs, fixes, glitches, etc. i un-installed and re-installed the game, repaired it, messed with the origin settings, still getting stuck on the loading screen. Didn't even think to move the cc to someplace else. Chatted online with a few different EA techs, they had me empty all caches, changing system settings and re-freshing/re-config'ing IPs...still, same problem. So disappointed ...Three techs and one super tech later what worked was updating my video drivers (hello captain obvious) and cutting the EA folder from its current location (documents) and pasting it to the desktop. I have about 1G of cc that i got from TSR and none of it is working. Going to try to take them out and put them in one by one see what happens ... wish me luck!
  • Options
    MorpharMorphar Posts: 140 Member
    edited April 2015
    Many people have installed CC that is made for TS3 by mistake. The latest patch detects that and stop the game.
    Post edited by Morphar on
  • Options
    zombii3zombii3 Posts: 388 Member
    I have absolutely no CC or mods in my game and I'm getting this error. (I don't even know how to do sims 4 cc/mods so I wouldn't have any idea of where to look for it.) And so far I haven't found a fix for those without mods in the first place.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    EA will never fix this as they do not fix mods. It is up to the creator of the mod to make the mod patch compatible and up to the user of the patches to download and install the updated versions. It is like that in all games I know of. it is why as long as a game gets patches i refuse to use mods or CC for that matter no matter how badly i want it. It is not worth the hassle.

Zombii3 look in the folder that is in your game entitled mods and make sure as you may have inadvertently gotten some CC if you downloaded anything from the gallery at least up through February.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    zombii3zombii3 Posts: 388 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    EA will never fix this as they do not fix mods. It is up to the creator of the mod to make the mod patch compatible and up to the user of the patches to download and install the updated versions. It is like that in all games I know of. it is why as long as a game gets patches i refuse to use mods or CC for that matter no matter how badly i want it. It is not worth the hassle.

Zombii3 look in the folder that is in your game entitled mods and make sure as you may have inadvertently gotten some CC if you downloaded anything from the gallery at least up through February.

Oooh wow I'm stupid. Apparently at one point I knew how to mod sims 4.. XD Well then.. Yeah I had a bbunch of stuff in there.. Thanks