Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

False advertisement!

Comments

• Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    As we all know npc / community sims just buy stuff just to be buying it so all the sims hanging in the park or where ever will buy buy buy even if they are very full or don't need the item .....so trust me when I say .....even if they eat a whole pie and drink a pot of coffee (just to help your place to look like a dining area) they will buy something or leave out come back and buy something because without story progression (which caused sims to kinda do their own thing)

now they just go with the flow of the game...grill/play in the park...read in the library...play horseshoes when camping....sit at the bar and order a drink...and now I'm sure they will automatically (want) to buy what we have to sell..... the sample food was just to give you the cafe or restaurant look

I'm sure if you could click on that npc sim to check the inventory of him or her a few days after having this EP they will have an inventory full of spoiled food or unneeded items.. (buying a bed without a house) :o
  • Options
    MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I think it'll be amazing if they'd have a restaurant game pack release in late April/May......probably not going to happen, but it'll be awesome if it did. :#
  • Options
    FireproxxyFireproxxy Posts: 109 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    @ceejay402

You won't make any money off a food you don't sell through. It also won't look right having sims reach behind the counter to take food that don't work for your establishment.
    i dont think townies buy because they are hungry but will stay and eat if they are.

Hopefully? That would be great! But then Graham didn't say that as a side note, he just said "nope" ...
    gcfhaNi.png
  • Options
    AstroX1424 wrote: »
    Because false advertising has never been in any sims trailer before. Please...

yeah just be passive aggressive to a fan, not EA...that's the way to go.
    gcfhaNi.png
  • Options
    brsy wrote: »
    As we all know npc / community sims just buy stuff just to be buying it so all the sims hanging in the park or where ever will buy buy buy even if they are very full or don't need the item .....so trust me when I say .....even if they eat a whole pie and drink a pot of coffee (just to help your place to look like a dining area) they will buy something or leave out come back and buy something because without story progression (which caused sims to kinda do their own thing)

now they just go with the flow of the game...grill/play in the park...read in the library...play horseshoes when camping....sit at the bar and order a drink...and now I'm sure they will automatically (want) to buy what we have to sell..... the sample food was just to give you the cafe or restaurant look

I'm sure if you could click on that npc sim to check the inventory of him or her a few days after having this EP they will have an inventory full of spoiled food or unneeded items.. (buying a bed without a house) :o

Okay, so what I was saying was that we don't need them to have all of the items IN their inventory, I was saying that they could just take the pie when they buy it, to a table!!!! Like the snacks in the base game when you buy them or when a townie buys them?
    gcfhaNi.png
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I wonder how much you can fake a bakery atmosphere by selling some stuff and having other stuff unpriced just sitting there to eat. Unplayed Sims like to eat whatever food is just hanging around.

I've thought about that and it might work, for story purposes. According to Graham, the NPC shopper leaves after making a purchase, so you'd have to entice the sims who aren't making purchases to grab a plate to eat. He already said that the shoppers will look to fill their needs if they are low enough, so you would need them to be quite hungry before they seek out food. In the end, you are hoping for starving sims who will eat for free and the bakery will end up spending money to keep them around.

I really dislike staged trailers and screenshots. Obviously they know what people are hoping to see, just wish they'd put it in the game and not be so tricky with it all.
  • Options
    Fireproxxy wrote: »

Okay, so what I was saying was that we don't need them to have all of the items IN their inventory, I was saying that they could just take the pie when they buy it, to a table!!!! Like the snacks in the base game when you buy them or when a townie buys them?

:) I know exactly what you mean and that's what we all want but if it worked like that it would be a restaurant or cafe ect... they are calling this "RETAIL" like a store...like with most stores in rl ...we buy and leave...

but I was giving you options to kinda fake it (like they did in the trailer) and have the best of both worlds (kinda) but they always said RETAIL and only RETAIL they would never refer to a restaurant or cafe ect.. as RETAIL...

so, the other sims we have no control over ~~~>that little chip in our computer~~~> is set up to automatically play this like it's set up to play it...RETAIL...that's where mods and Game packs and other EP's come in and change that whole set-up.

trust me I want it like that as well <3

• Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    Dang! I lost 5 bucks. I bet a friend that posts of disappointment in GTW wouldn't start until 5 days after release...not 7 days before release
  • Options
    AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    edited March 2015
    I just don't see it as false advertising. The trailer just said sell baked goods. You don't even see much of the shop, just the counter. It didn't say anything about serving. I know of tons of places where you buy your bread (or cake or cookies ect.) And leave. Not false advertising.
    EDIT: After viewing several more times, I do see the people eating in the background. Missed that the first couple of times.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • Options
    Bamajam wrote: »
    Dang! I lost 5 bucks. I bet a friend that posts of disappointment in GTW wouldn't start until 5 days after release...not 7 days before release

lol you been lost that bet weeks ago...... a few days after the first trailer was launched...if you guys should add interest on the five you may owe way more if you just now noticing disappoints from the forum. <3
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    edited March 2015
    I wonder how much you can fake a bakery atmosphere by selling some stuff and having other stuff unpriced just sitting there to eat. Unplayed Sims like to eat whatever food is just hanging around.

I've thought about that and it might work, for story purposes. According to Graham, the NPC shopper leaves after making a purchase, so you'd have to entice the sims who aren't making purchases to grab a plate to eat. He already said that the shoppers will look to fill their needs if they are low enough, so you would need them to be quite hungry before they seek out food. In the end, you are hoping for starving sims who will eat for free and the bakery will end up spending money to keep them around.

I really dislike staged trailers and screenshots. Obviously they know what people are hoping to see, just wish they'd put it in the game and not be so tricky with it all.

That's pretty much what I was imagining. A bit of my own staging. And I can live with that, personally - it's only a small part of what I was looking at doing with this EP.

I'm also intrigued by what Graham or Daniel (probably Graham) said about building on the tools they introduce with this EP - it sounded like they're looking at future gameplay that supplements *this*. GPs on top of EPs type thing. Or EPs that have extra things they can do if you have another EP too. Like, say this dating/nightlife/apartments EP people want came about. I'm only interested in the apartments part, but what if it also had not just non-rabbithole restaurants but ones you could run, if you also have GTW? A few people would yell and stomp their feet about EA wanting All Their Money, but it would sell that EP for sure for me, in combination with this one. (EDIT: Which I'll be buying anyway)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member

lol you been lost that bet weeks ago...... a few days after the first trailer was launched...if you guys should add interest on the five you may owe way more if you just now noticing disappoints from the forum. <3

Shhh....don't tell my friend....I can barely afford the 5 bucks, let alone interest! ;)

• Options

Shhh....don't tell my friend....I can barely afford the 5 bucks, let alone interest! ;)
    hahahhahahha <3

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member

That's pretty much what I was imagining. A bit of my own staging. And I can live with that, personally - it's only a small part of what I was looking at doing with this EP.

I'm also intrigued by what Graham or Daniel (probably Graham) said about building on the tools they introduce with this EP - it sounded like they're looking at future gameplay that supplements *this*. GPs on top of EPs type thing. Or EPs that have extra things they can do if you have another EP too. Like, say this dating/nightlife/apartments EP people want came about. I'm only interested in the apartments part, but what if it also had not just non-rabbithole restaurants but ones you could run, if you also have GTW? A few people would yell and stomp their feet about EA wanting All Their Money, but it would sell that EP for sure for me, in combination with this one. (EDIT: Which I'll be buying anyway)

So is what you are saying is they're planning a future EP that will rely on the simmer owning GTW in order for it to function fully and properly?
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited March 2015
    The Sims trailers have never been completely accurate in regard to game play. They have gotten better, but they aren't game play previews, they are theatrical trailers. Case in point, a personal favorite from TS2: https://youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w

I've been with The Sims since TS1. This is nothing new, and I do not expect it to be otherwise... nor do I get miffed about it.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    Keori wrote: »
    personally i dont care if my sims can or cant do stuff from the trailer if you dont like how the game is turning out dont buy it ....
    So you would basically buy this even if it had literally nothing it advertised? Sounds like EA's perfect customer!
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    There is one advantage to townies not eating at the tables and that's this. They won't sit at the table your sims on a date are sitting at.
    I always think you can never make enough excuses for EA's blatant lies, but you prove me wrong every time.
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    There is one advantage to townies not eating at the tables and that's this. They won't sit at the table your sims on a date are sitting at.

That is the lamest excuse ever. Who cares for dates and that stuff that much.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    I have not seen a single advertisement for GTW that states that NPCs will sit down and eat. I've seen a photo that has a couple of sims sitting at a table and eating, but that isn't false advertisement, all we know is that your sims will sit down and eat. So they were probably active sims. There is difference between false advertising and expectation.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    That'd be the reason they put on the bottom of the trailers that it doesn't represent game play. They've done it for a while.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,654 Member

That is the lamest excuse ever. Who cares for dates and that stuff that much.
    What was the point of this post? Obviously he cares... and if it was such a lame excuse why point it out?
  • Options
    Luke2153Luke2153 Posts: 538 Member
    I thought everyone knew this?
    large.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    edited March 2015

So is what you are saying is they're planning a future EP that will rely on the simmer owning GTW in order for it to function fully and properly?

If you think that it doesn't function fully and properly without service retail, not just sales retail, then perhaps. Depends on what you think is absolutely necessary for an OFB + active careers EP, I suppose. I'm not actually complaining about what they've included and what they haven't; I can work with the EP as designed.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Another reason I am not all that excited about this EP.
    RabbitSigh.gif
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited March 2015
    It's false advertisement but since people don't care, nothing will be done.
    Someone should get Maxis into legal trouble. This is all false stuff being advertised as part of the game.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1