Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

False advertisement!

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Another disappointment. Barista coffee shops had seats for heaven's sake.

We can always add tables and chairs. There is an empty shop coming with the ep as well. I think I'm going to download one from the gallery though.

• Options
    FireproxxyFireproxxy Posts: 109 Member
    acee313 wrote: »
    > @Fireproxxy said:
    > pumpkinspicy17 wrote: »
    >
    > This means that sims will not sit down and order food, they can still sit after they purchase their food and eat in the store. "Sit Down Dining" is a restaurant where you order food from a waiter or waitress off a menu they hand you. The bakery can still have tables for sims to sit and eat the food they buy from you or your sim can eat at an npc sim's bakery.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > How do they do that if the food doesn't go in their inventories?

When did they say that it won't be in their inventories?

Oh you'd be surprised it came from the devs. SimGuruGraham has said that, which angered some people, but some understood the logic behind that. Oh if you're still uninformed, might as well tell you that any buyer from your store wouldn't get the items they buy and wouldn't lose their money, but don't worry, you'd still earn, it's just that nobody will get any poorer from purchasing from your store. They have reasons for this and I understood the reasons very well.

I knew they wouldn't keep the items they buy anyway because that would bloat the game apparently, but come on, they should've added that in for the bakery/cafe aspect of the game that the players would've wanted OR not advertised it.....

Plus, what are the reasons? very curious.
    gcfhaNi.png
  • Options
    IconicIconic Posts: 427 Member
    My question is: are you really surprised? The Sims 4 has been a bonafide disappointment since day one. I'm sure I'll find some enjoyment to be had with Get to Work, but how I feel about it overall once I experience it will determine whether or not I purchase any future expansion packs. I'm really sick and tired of EA, Maxis, what-have-you releasing content that is unacceptably lacking. Honestly, why bother having a bakery when Sims are just going to buy and run? Even worse, why show Sims sitting down and having a chat while they eat their pastry if that isn't even available to do in-game? Why in the name of God did they think to not include that feature? I can only imagine other common-sense features that were not included either.

What I really don't understand is that when your Sims are at a bar or lounge and order a snack, they actually sit down and eat it. Not put it in their inventory and be on their merry way. Why isn't that carried over? Absolute rubbish if you ask me, and I think The Sims 4 will be the last Sims generation I participate in.
    Yes, I am the one obsessed with Michael Myers.
    Origin ID: iRetr0
    tumblr_ph50sjUexV1r2aobgo3_540.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Fireproxxy wrote: »
    acee313 wrote: »
    > @Fireproxxy said:
    > pumpkinspicy17 wrote: »
    >
    > This means that sims will not sit down and order food, they can still sit after they purchase their food and eat in the store. "Sit Down Dining" is a restaurant where you order food from a waiter or waitress off a menu they hand you. The bakery can still have tables for sims to sit and eat the food they buy from you or your sim can eat at an npc sim's bakery.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > How do they do that if the food doesn't go in their inventories?

When did they say that it won't be in their inventories?

Oh you'd be surprised it came from the devs. SimGuruGraham has said that, which angered some people, but some understood the logic behind that. Oh if you're still uninformed, might as well tell you that any buyer from your store wouldn't get the items they buy and wouldn't lose their money, but don't worry, you'd still earn, it's just that nobody will get any poorer from purchasing from your store. They have reasons for this and I understood the reasons very well.

I knew they wouldn't keep the items they buy anyway because that would bloat the game apparently, but come on, they should've added that in for the bakery/cafe aspect of the game that the players would've wanted OR not advertised it.....

Plus, what are the reasons? very curious.

Other sims don't buy stuff to keep the files from bloating but ours do so that's not suprising I already knew that. What worries me is the bakery isn't even in the game from what I've heard and read and will the gurus be uploading it on release day?

I've already requested to the sims on twitter to please upload it the day the game comes out. I wanted to send my sims on a date to the bakery and have them eat there first thing. I was going to show the pics but now I have to wait or build my own and I"d rather just download one to save me the time of furnishing it.

• Options
    My question is: are you really surprised? The Sims 4 has been a bonafide disappointment since day one. I'm sure I'll find some enjoyment to be had with Get to Work, but how I feel about it overall once I experience it will determine whether or not I purchase any future expansion packs. I'm really sick and tired of EA, Maxis, what-have-you releasing content that is unacceptably lacking. Honestly, why bother having a bakery when Sims are just going to buy and run? Even worse, why show Sims sitting down and having a chat while they eat their pastry if that isn't even available to do in-game? Why in the name of God did they think to not include that feature? I can only imagine other common-sense features that were not included either.

What I really don't understand is that when your Sims are at a bar or lounge and order a snack, they actually sit down and eat it. Not put it in their inventory and be on their merry way. Why isn't that carried over? Absolute rubbish if you ask me, and I think The Sims 4 will be the last Sims generation I participate in.

It isn't carried over to keep your game file from bloating. Same when they buy anything else like clothing,jewelry,electronics etc.

• Options
    Graham just said this on twitter

Graham Nardone ‏@SimGuruGraham 5m5 minutes ago
    @blewis823 Your Sims can buy food from a bakery and eat it there; customers in a store you're running will leave after making a purchase.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I want my customers to eat in the store. Ah, well. Whatever.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options

Completely agree.
    gcfhaNi.png
  • Options

It isn't carried over to keep your game file from bloating. Same when they buy anything else like clothing,jewelry,electronics etc.

It shouldn't be in the inventory, that's not what we're saying. It should just be like ordering something from the base game's bar...like snacks and stuff. They already had that code, why not implement it for this EP?
    gcfhaNi.png
  • Options
    There is one advantage to townies not eating at the tables and that's this. They won't sit at the table your sims on a date are sitting at.
  • Options
    stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    I guess all of the tables and chairs in my bakery are just for decoration...... -_-
  • Options
    There is one advantage to townies not eating at the tables and that's this. They won't sit at the table your sims on a date are sitting at.

Great, thanks for the update. All the same, they should not advertise that if they didn't plan to put it in the game.
    gcfhaNi.png
  • Options
    Fireproxxy wrote: »

Great, thanks for the update. All the same, they should not advertise that if they didn't plan to put it in the game.

All those sims shown sitting at different tables were probebly in the same household.

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Not a valid point, for me.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Graham just said this on twitter

Graham Nardone ‏@SimGuruGraham 5m5 minutes ago
    @blewis823 Your Sims can buy food from a bakery and eat it there; customers in a store you're running will leave after making a purchase.

thanks CLP for posting the clarification
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I got this answer in a Twitlonger: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/nj659f
    Not sure what that means, but I think there are different scenerios from an active sims viewpoint, like running the business and visiting a business. Still confused.

Guess I have to wait until people post their game play pictures.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Op your title is correct. Sims has done that for a long time. I never understood the why of it. It is false advertising. I still wish my Sims 2 children and toddlers could swing from curtains and ceiling fans. But as each generation comes the false in their advertising grows more. I also thought customers could eat at the bakery, and to be honest I do not know one bakery that doesn't have a place for the customer to sit and enjoy their purchase of food.. Even Miejers across the street from has a dining area and it is a supermarket/retail store...o.o!

One day someone in EA/Maxis will remember the little things mean a lot to simmers (maybe just older simmers) and they stop cutting everything out of the game and putting out these false advertising videos..o.o!
  • Options
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Not a valid point, for me.

Agreed. Considering the fact that when two of my Sims are on a date at the lounge, for example, townie Sims still join their table and their conversation. Since they already invade your space regardless, might as well allow them to eat at tables as well.

Not sure what you mean.
    Either way, there's no valid reason why Sims aren't allowed to purchase a baked good and sit down to eat it. I'm sure as a patron, you can send your Sim in to buy something and then tell them to sit down and eat. As the owner, there isn't an interaction that says, "Ask to sit and eat."
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I would say that it is very bad manners to start eating something you have bought from a bakery there unless they have made provision for it. In real life you usually pay extra for the privilege. Haven't you been asked before in a cafe/bakery if you are taking out or eating in?

If you are worried by it just add an outside table and chairs.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    I honestly don't see the problem, 95% of people don't eat at bakeries. They get the things they pay for and leave, it is realistic. It's like people complaining about the teens height, they complain about realism, but most teens are as tall or taller than their parents around the age 15.
  • Options
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    I would say that it is very bad manners to start eating something you have bought from a bakery there unless they have made provision for it. In real life you usually pay extra for the privilege. Haven't you been asked before in a cafe/bakery if you are taking out or eating in?

No. Every bakery I've ever gone to had proper seating inside and you had the choice to stay and eat or take your order to go, without an extra charge. But then again, I don't live in New York or Los Angeles where you have to pay $0.25 to use a bathroom either. Might just be etiquette in my town.
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    I honestly don't see the problem, 95% of people don't eat at bakeries. They get the things they pay for and leave, it is realistic. It's like people complaining about the teens height, they complain about realism, but most teens are as tall or taller than their parents around the age 15.

Where, pray tell, did you get that 95% statistic? I think it's more 50/50 considering the fact that a lot of people like to sit and eat and bakeries or cafes and chat with their companion or friend.
  • Options
    I'll be so glad when we get real resturents so npcs and out sims both sit at the tables. I remember how TS2 Nightlife was.
  • Options
    SimsSocietyInfoSimsSocietyInfo Posts: 33 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > I'll be so glad when we get real resturents so npcs and out sims both sit at the tables. I remember how TS2 Nightlife was.

Yeh, would like to have an EP similar to TS2 Nightlife / TS3 Late Night, being able to run restaurants, cafe, bars etc ...
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    I feel like they confirmed a loooong time ago that you will not be able to run a "service" type business and that this expansion is literally just focused on selling. The gurus just keep reiterating that point over and over and over because people keep asking in different ways hoping the answer will be different. I do hate how the trailers always tend to falsely advertise the game though. If you can't do it in the game, it shouldn't be in the trailer. Not everyone goes around hunting for information, so if they see it in a trailer, they'll expect it in the game... which is what EA wants. Ugh.
  • Options
    ludusludus Posts: 144 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > I'll be so glad when we get real resturents so npcs and out sims both sit at the tables. I remember how TS2 Nightlife was.

Yeh, would like to have an EP similar to TS2 Nightlife / TS3 Late Night, being able to run restaurants, cafe, bars etc ...

Personally, I would adore a food-themed (not that Katy Perry!) gamepack, with different types of eateries - inc. pub food, diners and high class opulence