Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update on the whole Toddler situation?

Comments

• Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited March 2015
    mikmaker wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Hey guys look who can write in piiink! So fancy!

how can you write in collors?

Look at the box where you type your post. Click on the blue BBCode link.

ETA: Make sure you use the 3rd color code listed. There is also a link there for basic hex colors.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    Because I'm fancier than you. :D
    Now who's fancy?

• Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited March 2015
    Now who's fancy?

Edited for the fifth time cause I couldn't get it to work :|
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    Ashlynne wrote: »
    > @jacqpinks said:
    > I think it is very rude that EA haven't commented on this issue, it is a core feature of the game and it really annoys me that we are being ignored on this issue. I use to really love the Gurus and loved this game but I have lost faith and love for this game. I am still playing here and there but it just has no heart any more

What if it turns out that this whole time they were simply working really hard on making some super-awesome-can't-live-without-them-toddlers (better than TS2 and TS3)? On top of that, they wanted to make it a huge surprise? Would that win your heart back?

This is all highly unlikely.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    LaAbby wrote: »
    Now who's fancy?

start with [ color=red ] without the spaces and end it with [ /color] without the space

like this

ETA: you can also use hexadecimal colors
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2015
    Now who's fancy?

Not you!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    WolfEyes wrote: »
    Now who's fancy?

start with [ color=red ] without the spaces and end it with [ /color] without the space

like this

You're awesome, thanks! :D
  • Options
    Now who's fancy?

like this

You're awesome, thanks! :D

You're welcome and thank you! :)
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • Options
    Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    Shaobun wrote: »
    I just want an answer so I can either move on or have a reason to stick around

They are aware that people want an answer to The Toddler Question.
    But the fact is, even if they have an answer, they are not legally allowed to give it to us yet.

No matter how much the Gurus want to answer the questions they have answers to, the fact is, no answer is worth them loosing their jobs over.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2015
    I really don't understand the "they won't say anything because they aren't coming" philosophy. That's just people choosing to be negative. By that logic we must not be getting any more Packs this year because they haven't said anything about the next one yet.

They seem to have a code of silence about adding content until that content is totally set in stone. I doubt toddlers would be at this point. It's only been six months! These games take, what? At least five years to develop? How much of that time is just life stages?

Stages are probably one of the toughest, most expensive parts of the game. Not to mention, I think the developers know not to rush it. Maybe they could take seven months and give us a watered down toddler stage. But if it takes a year and a half (just making up a number), then we won't be hearing a peep until next spring at the earliest.

We can poke them and complain all we want, but that's not going to change their policy. Every time they've made an exception, it has blown up in their face (like when they told us certain things would be in and then had to come to us saying "plans change." That must have been a fun time for them).

To be terribly honest, I'm getting really sick of these threads because they don't seem to serve any purpose. The team can't use these. They won't make coding any easier. My greatest wish for this forum would be that all the "where are the toddlers? what's happening with toddlers? GIVE US TODDLERS!!!" threads would disappear and be replaced with threads that actually contribute ideas for what makes toddlers unique, what players are hoping for, ideas for clothes, items, hair, interactions... THOSE would actually be productive and maybe actually contribute to a toddler life stage that is a joy to play. It just annoys me that there are maybe one of those threads to fifteen of these at any given time. I'd like to reverse those numbers. Not to mention that when those threads come up, they get so little response compared to these. I guess it is easier to complain and be mad at EA than it is to come up with unique and creative ideas for them. It's just a shame because I know how incredibly creative this community can be.

Well to some of us - no matter what is in a coming pack until our base game is complete - we ain't buying.

Why would we buy if we have a play style that includes all the stages of life - and they have a new ep with new Species for the game that also has babies - (aliens) especially knowing the fun we have had with aliens and male pregnancy - in the past . My playstyle (Sims 2 legacy style) i always played around raising families. I do not skip stages but play each stage fully - and with an entire stage missing - I cannot play the game period. So what does it matter what great things they have planned for the game if I know already I cannot enjoy it?

To me it is like buying a car that has no steering wheel, or a refridgerator that has no shelves, or a kitchen stove that has no burners. It is that important.

Lets say the game I am talking about is GTA - and they came out with a new game that had no cars. Would you still want that game? To me it is like having a first person shooter game and there were no guns in the game. I cannot play the game as it sits.

Lord knows i have tried. Even bought the gp seeing I know toddlers or babies for that matter could not ever go camping in a sims game - it was fine for a couple sims day - up until my male Sims went and fell in love with the female park ranger - and time to go home came around. Then you start thinking of Sims getting married - and in my game - most of the sims that get married start families... That is my play style. Just like you cannot drive a car without a steering wheel - my sims cannot live a life without family and to me family includes toddlers.

I won't be buying anything else for a game I can't play - and that distresses me. More than many people I live through this crazy game and now it is like even that is taken from me. It may be just a game to you - but to some of us it is like giving us back a life we cannot otherwise live. It makes us equal to you in a way... but of course if you are not me and do not live my existence - i guess you will never understand.

Just picture what your real life would be like if you could never go out of your own home - not even outside to your own yard and all you could do day after day for years is exist inside the walls of your house. A game like sims becomes your salvation. You can live via that kind of game and through it live a full and fun life - then your real life situation is not all that bad. You have an escape.

Tell me you would not find the fact that game is no longer playable to you devastating. So yeah you are sick of seeing our threads - and those of us that live through this game and was hoping for an enjoyable NEW version - instead get left out and leaving us feeling - one more thing was taken from us. I guess you will never understand - sorry we took up some space pleading to have the game we are used to back in the new Version. I should just go play the versions I already have and be happy i guess. Why should i think I deserve anything anyway -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    @Writin_Reg I agree with you. If these people are sick of our threads they can simply skip them. I'll always fight for more family play which is missing in TS4.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Kuypers125 wrote: »

But the fact is, even if they have an answer, they are not legally allowed to give it to us yet.

No matter how much the Gurus want to answer the questions they have answers to, the fact is, no answer is worth them loosing their jobs over.

Are you saying they have signed a nondisclosure agreement that prevents them from giving customers answers? Every nondisclosure I have signed prohibited passing sensitive information or personal information to another company or individual. Please explain how telling us we will or won't be getting toddlers in the future is sensitive or personal info.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member

Are you saying they have signed a nondisclosure agreement that prevents them from giving customers answers? Every nondisclosure I have signed prohibited passing sensitive information or personal information to another company or individual. Please explain how telling us we will or won't be getting toddlers in the future is sensitive or personal info.

NOT saying that this is the case but nondisclosures cover ALL sorts of things. When I used to sculpt with polymer clay, some of the instructors would have students sign nondisclosure agreements about their class and processes, for instance. Again, I have no idea if that's the case here or why their PR department is doing such a horrific job with this game but I would guess it's possible they can include whatever info they want to fall under their nondisclosure.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    And yet again I reiterate people are not asking Gurus to tell us without authority or asking them to sacrifice their jobs. We are asking EA to revisit their policy on this to allow them or someone else to speak. I really don't think that is too much to ask given the depth of feeling within the community on this specific issue.
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »

NOT saying that this is the case but nondisclosures cover ALL sorts of things. When I used to sculpt with polymer clay, some of the instructors would have students sign nondisclosure agreements about their class and processes, for instance. Again, I have no idea if that's the case here or why their PR department is doing such a horrific job with this game but I would guess it's possible they can include whatever info they want to fall under their nondisclosure.

Yes I know NDAs can cover all sorts of things. The kind of things that are considered "sensitive". Sensitive being a general term to cover all sorts of things. ;)

I'm sure all of the devs had to sign NDAs. EA/Maxis aren't ignorant. Here's an example of an NDA commonly used for programmers: http://ea-programmers.com/nda.html In section 4 Time Periods note the two terms confidential and trade secrets. Both of those terms are sensitive information. While an answer to the toddler questions may fall under confidential (although at this point it is no longer confidential since it is common knowledge toddlers were to be in the base game), the answer to the toddler question isn't a trade secret. The coding for toddlers is a trade secret.

After giving it some thought, I can see where giving us an answer (disclosing) could be a slippery slope for the devs. If it were up to me, I'd be doing everything I could to convince the higher ups to allow an answer, even if it was only "they are being worked on and we hope we will be successful". That's really all people want to know. Is there any effort being made. Most would be content and feel some confidence just knowing the devs are trying to get toddlers into the game. It really is not too much to ask.

Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
  • Options

Yes I know NDAs can cover all sorts of things. The kind of things that are considered "sensitive". Sensitive being a general term to cover all sorts of things. ;)

I'm sure all of the devs had to sign NDAs. EA/Maxis aren't ignorant. Here's an example of an NDA commonly used for programmers: http://ea-programmers.com/nda.html In section 4 Time Periods note the two terms confidential and trade secrets. Both of those terms are sensitive information. While an answer to the toddler questions may fall under confidential (although at this point it is no longer confidential since it is common knowledge toddlers were to be in the base game), the answer to the toddler question isn't a trade secret. The coding for toddlers is a trade secret.

After giving it some thought, I can see where giving us an answer (disclosing) could be a slippery slope for the devs. If it were up to me, I'd be doing everything I could to convince the higher ups to allow an answer, even if it was only "they are being worked on and we hope we will be successful". That's really all people want to know. Is there any effort being made. Most would be content and feel some confidence just knowing the devs are trying to get toddlers into the game. It really is not too much to ask.

This.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    You really want to know what the suits actually think - it sounds to me very much different than what we are actually getting on this Sims 4 site - Read for yourself - i want things the way Andrew Wilson thinks - and so should the devs of the Sims game. He IS their boss after all and pays them their paychecks.

This CEO was a gamer unlike previous ones and he in fact worked his way up to being the CEO of this company - unlike the previous Banker Minded J.R. - but for some unknown reason it seems things still run in the Maxis Division with CIA like secrecy (which was not always this way in the Sims Division - but only became this way after JR took over shortly prior to Sims 2 BV came out. Devs used to be friendly - holding live chats where they did nothing but answer live questions with players - no game play, no talk of coming games - just down to earth real chats with a whole table full of Maxoids (DEVS). BUt JR wiped that all out.

Fact is he has been gone for over a year - and a man in charge sounds like the kind of place we had before JR turned EA into the CIA.... But anyway - you really want to know the vision of Andrew Wilson - and how he sees us - their customers -

here's some reading for you

Q: Services like EA Access to make sense in the context of this generation, which seems to largely about choice, whether that’s variety of games, how you want to buy, how you want communicate with other players. The experience is very open now.

AW: One of the things that we’re learning as we make the digital transformation is that we don’t need to guess what players want any more. For the longest time we had to guess, and the first opportunity to find out whether you got it right or not was when you saw the game on the shelf. Now, we’re getting better at listening. We haven’t always been great listeners, but we’re getting better, and what that’s telling us is that people want choice. They want to be able to choose what’s right for them at a given moment in time. There isn’t a one-size-fits-all any longer. We’ve got to build a core platform, game engines and games that facilitate that.

full article can be found here:

http://simscommunity.net/2014/08/19/ea-havent-always-great-listeners-getting-better/

also see this as well

http://www.fastcompany.com/3038121/innovation-agents/electronic-arts-ceo-on-transforming-the-worst-company-in-the-us

Electronic Arts' CEO On Transforming The "Worst Company In The U.S."

EA's Andrew Wilson has transformed the "worst company in the U.S." during his first year, and is now wooing the next generation of gamers

Wilson says he’s got a three-pronged strategy to make sure the company stays pointed in that direction. One prong is the establishment of that "player-first" culture, a phrase Wilson repeats like a mantra....

Believe me it is no longer the suits creating our strife with the devs -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member

This makes even more sense now that I think about it in context. Look how flooded the forums were with people cheering on the idea of potential competitor last week. I'm sure job security in the game industry isn't a guarantee, so it makes sense the company would want to keep things under lock and key, even if they (meaning, the existence of toddlers) seem like common knowledge to us (consumers). There might even be compartmentalization where people are potentially working on coding toddlers without even knowing if/when they would be implemented. Releasing info is a slippery slope, like you said.
  • Options
    qrlcode wrote: »

This makes even more sense now that I think about it in context. Look how flooded the forums were with people cheering on the idea of potential competitor last week. I'm sure job security in the game industry isn't a guarantee, so it makes sense the company would want to keep things under lock and key, even if they (meaning, the existence of toddlers) seem like common knowledge to us (consumers). There might even be compartmentalization where people are potentially working on coding toddlers without even knowing if/when they would be implemented. Releasing info is a slippery slope, like you said.

I doubt many of us would even bother with a competitor or the idea of one if we felt they were providing the full experience we were expecting. There is a reason I haven't played other games much for years. The sims was the best game for my gaming needs. That is no longer the case because EA threw my play style out by the wayside, along with my loyalty to them.
    And what is truly upsetting is that I don't see a player first experience here at all. I see a 'vision' that is much talked about but which isn't available to their customers so they can make informed decisions regarding further investment.

What worries me is a 'vision' was much acclaimed by the Sim City 2013 team but in the same fashion it was at odds with many of their loyal customers requirements for the game. Instead of altering said vision to accommodate their customers visions and requirements they have quietly dropped the game. The very thought of that really hurts me. I don't want to see a repeat of that with the sims. There very much is a customer base willing to invest. Its just whether those in charge will be willing to change course.
  • Options
    Reaper5901Reaper5901 Posts: 33 Member
    Please EA yes or no it's simple just answer us
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    Lol, I see someone dug up this 3 month old thread.

& Ahhh, whaddaya know...

Still no answers regarding toddlers. :/

Plum.
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited June 2015
    I hope they come soon. I can only play s1utty Sims for so long
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    MiamineMiamine Posts: 731 Member
    This is a thread that needs to be revisited every couple of months until said toddlers come (or never).
    SIMS 3:YOU’VE NEVER SEEN THE SIMS LIKE THIS BEFORE! This #1 bestselling award-winner* is better than ever on iPhone and iPod. Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving analytics technology. EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice.
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    I hate when game developers leave their audience in the dark. Never understood that business strategy..
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I hate when game developers leave their audience in the dark. Never understood that business strategy..

Simple. If they don't promise something and it never comes, then they don't have to be held accountable because they never committed to anything.

If they never flat out say "no, it won't happen," then they keep people around hoping, and maybe those hopeful people will buy stuff in the meantime.
    IHJCfa6.jpg