Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think Create-a-Style will return soon...

PoppyRichardsPoppyRichards Posts: 1,466 Member
edited March 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
The fact that you can make fashion boutique businesses wouldn't make sense if there was no new 'designing' element.
Who would go to a clothes shop that has all the same stock as everybody else?!

I don't think new clothes options will cut it, it would make so much more sense if you could actually design new patterns and pick fabrics etc :)
2dl3asp.jpg
Post edited by PoppyRichards on

Comments

• Options
    KyleeAngelKyleeAngel Posts: 18 New Member
    I think you might be right, but they also could add a option to buy your clothing for your boutique instead of making it yourself, but you might be right.
  • Options
    mapleholliemaplehollie Posts: 179 Member
    Unfortunately, I doubt it. The EP is probably done, more or less, so if create a style was in it, I'm sure they would've announced it by now to build up hype.
  • Options
    LorenzoUzuLorenzoUzu Posts: 52 Member
    Create a Style is not coming back. One of the gurus confirmed that it's a thing that can't be patched.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    The fact that you can make fashion boutique businesses wouldn't make sense if there was no new 'designing' element.

I don't think new clothes options will cut it, it would make so much more sense if you could actually design new patterns and pick fabrics etc :)

Would make sence isn't "it's coming in the next EP".

Making a boutique isn't a synonym of Cast, but the fact is we don't know anything about stores yet, 2 more active career trailers to go before stores, we will see, right now we have info the the mannequins are "awsome" and they are they way you can "set up" clothes, we don't know more.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    k3okik3oki Posts: 107 Member

@PoppyRichards‌
    Who would go to the library to read the same books you can buy and read from your house without loading screens? It does't make sense, but it's in the game...

I want more than anybody else to get the CASt back, but I think they have created too many expectations with the description they wrote over the clothing stores. In the latest trailer there's a mannequin that's wearing the reward outfit for athlete career. I hope to give more information about the clothes soon...
  • Options
    Ok, now the EP is only a few days away it does seem quite unlikely. But I'm sure this is something they'll introduce again in the future, and I won't mind paying for it. They don't have to do the whole hog and allow CC patterns and any colours ever. But just having some pattern customisation would be great!
    2dl3asp.jpg
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    edited March 2015
    I personally don't want the choice to choose textures/patterns, but the option to select colors would be fantastic, or the ability to create our own color swatches. I get so annoyed when I have a Sim dressed in a light pink and purple cocktail dress but none of the shoes match the dress.

If it's impossible to add a color wheel into the game I would love if they designed a stand-alone program that was free like they gave us CAW & CAP for TS3. A create-a-color program where we could add whatever colors we want and than transfer the files into the game.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    CASt is not coming back. Not now, not ever.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    LorenzoUzu wrote: »
    Create a Style is not coming back. One of the gurus confirmed that it's a thing that can't be patched.

No, I think you are right. But I could imagine it would be possible to let sims make clothes in a way like in the Sims 2 Freetime. I could definately wish that.

• Options
    MESSAGE RECEIVED to all those who keep stressing it will never, ever, ever happen. I do think some lesser version of it will turn up sometime, and I don't even mind if it's a (well-crafted) mod. I doubt people will allow life to go on, leaving CASt in the past forever...
    2dl3asp.jpg
  • Options
    WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    Even for a modder it'll probably be too much work : ( The game engine just won't allow for CASt. What you got in the base game is how the game will play out until they stop supporting it, expansions can add content and interactions but something thing like a color wheel is a lot more complicated than you think. Sorry.