Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your book titles!

I've a writer Sim and was racking my brain trying to come up with book titles. *Cue lightbulb moment* I'm playing a Sims game so what could be better than writing llama-themed books right? So I present to you my Sim's bestselling titles:

1) How to win lambs and influence llamas (motivational)
2) Charlie and the llama factory (children)
3) The llama's guide to the galaxy (sci-fi)
4) The llama chronicles (fantasy)
5) Much ado about llamas (screenplay)
6) The llama with the unicorn tattoo (mystery)
7) Smoke and llamas (short story)

What titles have you come up with? :)

Comments

• Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I usually always write a children's book called 'It's Okay to be Different' because irl I'm all about individuality, and starting at a young age it's important so they don't become a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and media obsessed.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    So, I'm not the only one with an author whose books are all about llamas :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    lissiealissiea Posts: 175 Member
    candace92 wrote: »
    I usually always write a children's book called 'It's Okay to be Different' because irl I'm all about individuality, and starting at a young age it's important so they don't become a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and media obsessed.

I like that!
    So, I'm not the only one with an author whose books are all about llamas :)

What can I say? Llamas are such fascinating creatures. :D
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    How about:

The Joy Of Llamas
    A Day In The Life Of Llamas
    A Tale Of Two Llamas
    Do Llamas Dream Of Electric Sheep
    The Perks Of Being A Llama
    The Llama Survival Guide
    A Clockwork Llama
    The Llama Who Came In From The Cold

Sorry, I got rather carried away there with llamas :D
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    For screenplays:

Ordinary Llamas
    The Llama Who Would Be King
    A Llama for All Seasons
    Superllama
    The Llama of La Mancha
  • Options
    How about:

The Joy Of Llamas
    A Day In The Life Of Llamas
    A Tale Of Two Llamas
    Do Llamas Dream Of Electric Sheep
    The Perks Of Being A Llama
    The Llama Survival Guide
    A Clockwork Llama
    The Llama Who Came In From The Cold

Sorry, I got rather carried away there with llamas :D
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    For screenplays:

Ordinary Llamas
    The Llama Who Would Be King
    A Llama for All Seasons
    Superllama
    The Llama of La Mancha

These are great! *takes notes* :D
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Hey Kids: I'm Not Your Father (children's book) in the story line it's a children's self help book on dealing with serious issues including Hey Kids: Santa Clause Is A Fraud! HAHA....
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    I made a romance book called 50 shades of plumbob and a sci-fi book called plumbobs, the being above
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    I had my sim write. Usually I just bash the keyboard and te title is something like: usjejsksl or usjssuus. Once the word pong came up lol. But in all seriousness I did title one called "Where have all the toddlers gone?" It became a best seller lol. Believe it or not!

• Options
    @Haiden Was it non-fiction? Lol. You just gave me an idea for a title for a new book called "It's A Small World"...lol
  • Options
    @degrassigen. Yup it was non fiction. They toddlers are really gone . . . .didnt you know that :mrgreen:
  • Options
    @Haiden Yeah I knew that I'm re installing the game right now. (Only cause I had to factory system restore my computer) I was just asking what genre the book was for...good title and love your avatar too...
  • Options
    Hey Kids: I'm Not Your Father (children's book) in the story line it's a children's self help book on dealing with serious issues including Hey Kids: Santa Clause Is A Fraud! HAHA....

Haha I thought "Hey Kids: I'm Not Your Father" was going to be a book set in the Star Wars alternate universe. :D
    I made a romance book called 50 shades of plumbob and a sci-fi book called plumbobs, the being above

Haha good ones!
    Haiden wrote: »
    I had my sim write. Usually I just bash the keyboard and te title is something like: usjejsksl or usjssuus. Once the word pong came up lol. But in all seriousness I did title one called "Where have all the toddlers gone?" It became a best seller lol. Believe it or not!

Ha! This literally made me laugh out loud. I thought it would be a mystery book. :# You and @DegrassiGen just gave me some ideas. I think my Sim's next bestsellers will be "The Mystery of the Missing CASt", "The Basements Strike Back" and "The Scandal of the Grim Llama and Tweetgate".
  • Options
    @DegrassiGen. Tks for like the avi. He is the ts4 version of my ts3 avi. Good luck with you reinstalling. Hope all goes well.
  • Options
    @Haiden Thanks. I can't wait to create a hot headed artist!
  • Options
    @Haiden @lissiea Future titles might include "Get to Work EA" "There's A Bear In My Granite" lol and hopefully future bestselling novel called "Fart Out The Truth From Your Beans"....
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    This will look bad on me but here we go... Every time I start a writer's career, my books are a part of a special series. Guess the common theme...
    1. The End of the World
    2. The End of the World 2: Surviving
    3. The End of the World 3: Return to the Beginning
    4. The End of the World - The Prequel: Where'd It All Go Wrong?
    5. The End of the World 2: The Presequel
    6. The End of the World 3: The Resequel
    7. The End of the World: The Musical
    8. The End of the World: Oh, The Internet Just Went out For Five Minutes...
  • Options
    pax1swpax1sw Posts: 654 Member
    edited March 2015
    lissiea wrote: »
    I've a writer Sim and was racking my brain trying to come up with book titles. *Cue lightbulb moment* I'm playing a Sims game so what could be better than writing llama-themed books right? So I present to you my Sim's bestselling titles:

1) How to win lambs and influence llamas (motivational)
    2) Charlie and the llama factory (children)
    3) The llama's guide to the galaxy (sci-fi)
    4) The llama chronicles (fantasy)
    5) Much ado about llamas (screenplay)
    6) The llama with the unicorn tattoo (mystery)
    7) Smoke and llamas (short story)

What titles have you come up with? :)

Playful:
    I Wouldn't Stick That There...
    (blurb:) They shouldn't. They do anyway. Owies of the rich and famous.

1, 2, 3, 4... WHATEVER...
    (blurb) What time is it? I don't know and I don't care.

I'll Do It Tomorrow... Maybe...
    (don't remember the blurb)

Mystery:
    The Malted Falcon
    (blurb) Solid chocolate (with little malty bits) and as long as your arm.

SciFi:
    Bugboys of Backwater Boonies
    (don't remember the blurb)

Non-Fiction
    Politics: The Art of Wool-Pulling
    (blurb) Truth? Not Popular. Lies will get you elected... and re-elected.

There are tons more, but I can't remember them and delete the daily reports.

Do you get to keep a copy of your books if you publish them? They vanish from my backpack when I publish. Wish I could at least buy them from the bookshelf... haven't tried to on the pc... need to see if I can!

**UPDATE**
    Nope, can't buy them from the pc either. <:(

**UPDATE SOME MORE**

Screenshot of Royalty Report. As you can see, most titles are sorta not much:
    smokey-daily-royalty-report.jpg?w=218

Don't like that the older titles drop off so quickly, but guess they want to keep it between $3,000 - $5,000 a day.
    Post edited by pax1sw on
  • Options
    pjericksimpjericksim Posts: 89 Member
    edited July 2019
    [First Edit]
    To be more specific to this thread, these are the titles that I generated when I had a household of Authors... If you remember the animated series, Avatar, you might remember the was a running joke about a grocer's produce being lost / damaged punctuated with the exclamation, "My Cabbages!" I don't know why, but this came to mind when I started naming manuscript titles... they were all Cabbage related:
    Injurious Cabbage
    Chomp! A Complaint in Cabbages
    It Happened in the Cabbage Patch
    Celestial Cabbage, Come to Me
    12 Years a Cabbage
    Life in the Court of the Crimson Cabbage
    Sunglasses Don't Need Cabbages
    When Lunch Breaks, Cabbage to the Rescue
    The Joys of Frozen Sauerkraut
    The Cabbage Named Desire
    Llama Man, a Secret Cabbage Chomper
    The Ture Story of Granny Raymond and the Cabbage Fart that Shook the World
    Metropolitan Cabbage Caper from Planet 9
    Mind Over Cabbages
    Move Your Cabbages
    He Just Wants to Squeeze My Cabbages
    Kabbages
    Juiced up on Cabbage
    All About Cabbage Head
    Confident Like a Cabbage
    Cabbages Lovelier Than Poems
    Turning Water to Cabbage Wine

[Back to my original post]
    Things that make me go, "Hmmm..."

1. After I sell my manuscript to the publisher, does the title ever become available when I buy/order books? I don't think so.
    2. Instead of selling the manuscript, can I store it in a bookcase, or simply leave it on a coffee table?

To answer my own questions: Yes, you can... But if you don't publish it, you won't get paid and you won't receive ongoing royalties. You can only sell an original manuscript, and it doesn't have to be your manuscript. If you have someone else's original manuscript (either by gifting or kleptomania) you may sell it to a publisher. I have only done this within a single household in my game, so even though the Notification Wall identifies the original author, it's not clear to me whether the ongoing royalties are paid to the author, the seller or the household where the manuscript was sold. Within any specific game, the Royalty Report will be visible on the Notification Wall to any other household you play within that game.
    In exploring this question, I discovered that instead of rushing out to the mailbox to sell the manuscript, if you place it in the world, you have options to: rename, analyse, or *copy* the manuscript. For a price, depending on the quality of the book, a copy of the manuscript will appear in your inventory that cannot be sold again to a publisher. So, take this step initially, and make two copies: sell the original manuscript so you get paid & ongoing royalties; place one copy in a safe place (behind a locked door) so it can't be stolen, and place the second copy somewhere you want it to be found, a book case or a coffee table for other sims to read, analyse, or copy.

3. With GTW, I could store my manuscript at my public lot, right?
    4. Can another sim come onto my lot and find my manuscript?
    5. Can a sim steal someone else's manuscript? And if they steal it from my GTW lot, would it disappear from my lot's inventory?
    6. If a sim sold a stolen manuscript, who would receive the royalties... the seller or the author?
    7. If you uploaded a sim into the galleries with titles in a Royalty Report... will another player downloading that character see the titles in the subsequent report?
    8. Since @pax1sw's royalty report included the royalty from a song... same as the previous question as applied to a singer/song writer. When a sim is uploaded to the galleries, will his/her respective playlist be included in the download?

Still answering my own questions: Okay... so you have a sim that has a bibliography of original content (salacious) titles -- books & songs included -- sad to say these titles are restricted to your specific game. If you try to transfer this character through the galleries, the titles and the royalties will be wiped clean just like memories and relationships.
    Post edited by pjericksim on
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    The Red Plumbob of Courage
    To Kill a Llama
    The Lord of the Plumbobs
    The Wind-Up Llama Chronicle
    Of Llamas and Sims
    The Maltese Llama
    All the Pretty Llama
    The Llama of the Baskervilles

I like the classics.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2019
    Captain Stinky Pants
    (Sorry I couldn't refuse, I've been dealing with a baby and smelly diapers)
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    The Peterine Prophecy
    Buddy Bill, Bosun of the Buggernaught
    Fifty Shades of Gay
    Humpback Mountain
    et cetera
  • Options
    This is a test to see if I can post a picture.
  • Options
    pjericksim wrote: »
    This is a test to see if I can post a picture.
    Still working on it.
  • Options
    RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    @pjericksim I usually upload pictures I want to post to Imgur. Then click the down arrow on the uploaded picture for the drop down meny, click Get share links and copy the BBCode (Forums) option.
    Then you just paste that into your post :)