Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Marriage Material? - On Hiatus as of 8/2/15

cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
edited September 2015 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
2z3t739.png

Calling single sims, calling singles sims, sign up to find your perfect match.

This is a fun little idea I came up with based on a show I like. What I thought could be fun to do is take 8 sims, 4 guys and 4 girls, and pair them up to try and find a perfect match. We’ll do this by you answering a few questions each week as your sim, playing some games for chances to change your partner, specially planned date courses and much more until a perfect match is made.

To enter all you have to do is provide a profile picture of your sim with their name, traits, and a small background on where they come from and their background like how they were raised? Family? No family? Pets? Stuff like that and nothing else as your sim will get interviewed and their answers must only be known by me and you until I reveal them. As the interviews/answers will be secret, you can give them to me by pm or email whichever you prefer, you’ll find my email on mypage under about me.

Oh and I will be taking pictures and writing it up as a story based on the interviews and everything else they do as they will all live on one lot. I call it Singlettes and is built in Lucky palms as that’s where I’ve decided they will all live.
rm75au.jpg
What you need to know before entering your sim:

Any sims are allowed from normal to SN types of any kind even plumbots! I own all Eps and Sps except KPST, Diesel, & Movie stuff. For store stuff I own a good portion but not everything so keep it to a limit please and sims must be available to download from the exchange as a household. (If you have problems with the exchange and cannot upload to it you can email me the sims3pack by going into your electronic arts folder for me it’s found in Documents -> Electronic Arts->The Sims 3->Exports )

Concerning Skills your sim can have them if you want but it won’t make a difference if they have any or not

The sim you enter can’t be completely perfect so they should have 1 or 2 unfortunate traits so for example your sims could have a personality like Hopeless-Romantic, Family-oriented, Natural Cook, Unflirty, & Loner

I'm going to try and make this a weekly thing so since today is Sunday all Sims should be turned in by next Sunday March, 28th. Also, once your sim has been entered meaning their picture, name traits, background info and download link are provided I will provide you with the first challenge which is just a set of interview questions your sim needs to answer so they can introduce themselves. If you are going to do this by email make sure to email me and let me know who you are if I don't already have your email :) .

Entry Form:

Username:
Sim Name:
Traits:
Background Info (optional):
Download Link:
Profile Picture of Sim:
Post edited by cmbaker16 on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2015
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Q & A:

This looks interesting, I just might have create a simmie or 2 that is if we can enter one of each sex ?

I would like it if you could just enter one just to give a chance to others if the time comes and not all the slots are filled I will than open it to offer others a chance to enter a second sim if they wish.

If they have a pet, should we include it in the upload? Or just the sim?

Just the sim please as the household will be big with the 8 sims already it's fine if they have a pet but they'll have to stay at a pet care shelter until your sim goes back home.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Episodes:

Episode 1: First Meeting
    Episode 2: Country of Romance
    Episode 3: A Turn of Events
    Episode 4: Around the Campfire pt.1 & Around the Campfire pt.2
    Epsiode 5: Festive
    Episode 6: The big Dance Starts on pg.22 Ends on pg.26
    Episode 7: I want to know more about you! -broken into 5 posts
    Episode 8: Something New
    Episode 9.1: Girls Day Out
    Episode 9.2: Guys Night Out
    Episode 10: Who's That Guy?
    Episode 11: New Arrangements
    Episode 12: The Banished
    Episode 13: Newcomer
    Episode 14: Sports Day
    Episode 15: What the Plantation is Going on?
    Episode 16: Wedding Vows
  • Options
    edited August 2015
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Announcement: We're really sorry but since Shannen and I will be hosting the gift exchange which is right around the corner we would like to put this on a hiatus until after the exchange as we feel it might be too much trying to host both. Since the exchange is right around the corner we also need some time to flesh out some things so we really hope you all understand and we hope to see you all back when we take it off hiatus :)
  • Options
    ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    Obviously I'm playing.. I have the perfect sim for this.. you will love her! <3

So I would like to reserve a female place for this game..please. :)
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited March 2015
    Sounds like so much fun! I will reserve a place for a male please :) When do you need him by?
  • Options
    @tanubanu: I don't have an exact starting date yet so for now let's just say sometime after all the slots are filled :) I hope that's ok to say LOL
  • Options
    AerlinnielAerlinniel Posts: 1,041 Member
    I would love to play as this sounds like fun! The only catch is I'm in the last two (rather insane) weeks of school so can't go in game at the moment. When would you need the sim by? If I can get it in my your deadline I'd love to enter a female sim in this.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @Aerlinniel: oh hmm...I don't have an exact date as of yet but the first portion involves you answering a few questions so I can do the first round of matches and you'll have a whole week to turn it in do you maybe have a day that would be good for you?
  • Options
    tanubanue wrote: »
    Sounds like so much fun! I will reserve a place for a male please :) When do you need him by?

*Hyperventilates* Tanu!!!!!!! <3

Aerlinniel wrote: »
    I would love to play as this sounds like fun! The only catch is I'm in the last two (rather insane) weeks of school so can't go in game at the moment. When would you need the sim by? If I can get it in my your deadline I'd love to enter a female sim in this.

*Hyperventilates * Bub!!!!! <3
  • Options
    AerlinnielAerlinniel Posts: 1,041 Member
    @cmbaker16
    A week? I think the first chance I'll have to do it is Wednesday or more likely Thursday. Assuming I can get two essays done before then. I'll find the time or harass Kitty into helping me. So I'm in :)
  • Options
    @Aerlinniel: Alright, Kitty loves being harassed into helping :)
  • Options
    @Cmbaker16 and @Aerlinniel .. it's cause I think the plumbob of you both!
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    this looks intresting. i just might have create a simmie or 2 that if we can enter one of each sex ?
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    @calmorezoo: for now I would like it if you could just enter one just to give a chance to others if the time comes and not all the slots are filled I will than open it to offer others a chance to enter a second sim if they wish :)
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    @tanubanu: I don't have an exact starting date yet so for now let's just say sometime after all the slots are filled :) I hope that's ok to say LOL

I already know who he is so when he comes out to play is up to you! ;):p
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited March 2015
    @calmorezoo: for now I would like it if you could just enter one just to give a chance to others if the time comes and not all the slots are filled I will than open it to offer others a chance to enter a second sim if they wish :)
    Thats ok with me
    i will create a male sim

h2xmsbl]

• Options
    edited March 2015
    calmorezoo wrote: »
    Thats ok with me.

Alright, than just let me know if you'd like to reserve a male or female slot :)
  • Options
    tanubanue wrote: »

I already know who he is so when he comes out to play is up to you! ;):p

@tanubanu: Alright, if you have him ready you could post his profile picture, name and traits and provide his download link if he's already on the exchange :)
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    This sounds like fun! May I join? I already have a couple ideas... I can make either male or female, whichever you end up short on.
  • Options
    @KaytayRoall: There's actually an even amount of males and females so you can choose whichever one you want to do :)
  • Options
    Tough choice, tough choice... I think I will go with female, then. Thank you. :)
  • Options
    your welcome :)
  • Options
    That does bring up a question for me, though. If they have a pet, should we include it in the upload? Or just the sim?