Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can You Sell the Dead?

I was reading somewhere that in the new expansion you can sell any items within your household or that your sims have in their inventories. If that's true, does that mean we can sell graves of the people in our family? Crazy thoughts man!

Comments

• Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    Or can we sell dead cow plants that are in our inventory?? :o
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,519 Member
    Do Gravestones have a price? If they are $0 then we can't sell them. :P
  • Options
    LoveKybabyLoveKybaby Posts: 90 Member
    I love you for thinking this up! <3 Idk if we can but I'm definitely gonna try!
    Gif_zpsabk3us37.gif
  • Options
    ElectraPotatoElectraPotato Posts: 156 Member
    @cheesetruck that's what I thought at first too, but if it's similar to previous expansions then maybe there is a way to change the price? If so, I sense some madness coming... slaughter houses! @Quaay those cow plants may make a crazy addition to the madness!
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I forsee attempts (who knows if they're successful or not) to create a mod to sell graves/urns. I would use it.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Oh yikes, that seems possible! I could open a store called Ophelias Graveyard or something - the idea of selling dead Sims creeps me out though! :o
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I was reading somewhere that in the new expansion you can sell any items within your household or that your sims have in their inventories. If that's true, does that mean we can sell graves of the people in our family? Crazy thoughts man!

That would actually be a nice idea for a store, selling urns and gravestones like in a funeral store.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    candace92 wrote: »
    I forsee attempts (who knows if they're successful or not) to create a mod to sell graves/urns. I would use it.

wouldn't you be able to get them in hidden objects by using debug?
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,623 Member
    This is my favorite GTW question so far. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    liliaeth wrote: »
    candace92 wrote: »

wouldn't you be able to get them in hidden objects by using debug?

If they don't have a cost, they can't be put for sale.
  • Options
    Lea347Lea347 Posts: 248 Member

I like your morality lol

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I think that you need to lay off the bubbles from the bubble machine in Sims 3 for awhile. Can you sell the dead, boy that's a good one. :)
  • Options
    ElectraPotatoElectraPotato Posts: 156 Member
    Well I figure if you can change the prices of items like in previous expansions, and if it's true we can put a price tag on anything in the inventory, then this is definitely a possibility. Haha my mind connects the crazy dots.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    If you put the occupied urns in the retail shops of GTW there might be a mysterious culling of Sims! :o
  • Options
    ProMarshmallowProMarshmallow Posts: 77 Member
    Would that mean that if this was possible say your sim bought an urn (presuming the spirit is still inside) maybe a random ghost would pop out sometimes!! Oooooooooh!! XD
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    If that's possible than I'm definitely opening up a store I'll name "The Selling Dead". Then my Sim who hates her mother-in-law can buy her a ghost as a birthday gift and watch the madness fly off the hinges. Or if my Sim is running low on income and needs to sale something to pay a bill she or he can sale their loved ones- eh, their dead... who will miss 'em?
  • Options
    Well I figure if you can change the prices of items like in previous expansions, and if it's true we can put a price tag on anything in the inventory, then this is definitely a possibility. Haha my mind connects the crazy dots.

If youre refering to selling graves because of the set price thing, which is percent based iirc, a guru confirmed that the item can't have a default price of 0. If it costs 0, it can't be sold...which makes sense since 0 and whatever % markup would still be 0.
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited March 2015
    :o Who would have ever thought the sentence "I own your mother" would be used in the sims series??...

It puts a whole new twist on the saying " I owe you my life" >:)

and the valentine candy "Be Mine" would be taken a bit more literal now <3

(edit)-#priceless
  • Options
    dnmartyndnmartyn Posts: 282 Member
    tumblr_ndai6nCxEd1qadimdo1_500.gif

I couldn't resist, sorry
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    How do graves work on non-residential lots? Can we have them?
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Alright, so I killed my sim and couldn't sell the gravestone, so I am guessing since there is no price associated with it or with an urn then you can't sell it with a ghost attached.
  • Options
    gregariousgregarious Posts: 84 Member
    Employer: "Hello there. Would you like to buy Sim remains?"

Customer: "I'm so done with this planet. Off to Sixam!"
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Shaobun wrote: »
    How do graves work on non-residential lots? Can we have them?
    I have seen an NPC character die at the park in Willow Creek in my game. If I remember right, there was a head stone and I dragged it into my sim's inventory. And my sim had took that head stone home with them, where I had dragged it out of their inventory and placed it on their lot. :)

• Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    I would love to sell graves to my enemies, and have them be haunted. >:)