Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you wanna see in The Sims 4: Pets?

Comments

• Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    @h :p owsimlish: Okay maybe they get a higher polygon count but still plastic fur like the hair of the Sims.
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    I want that cats will finally be able to eat fish or drink cream/milk from their cup/plate
    Maybe EA knows that regular milk is bad for cats! Milk contains milk-sugar (lactose). Cats cannot digest it and they get diarrhea!

Yes, that's true. But it would still be a funny little thing in game, maybe cats in the simworld are different. :p
  • Options
    NinannaNinanna Posts: 16 Member
    edited March 2015
    I kinda liked being able to breed pets but it also became boring taking care of them over time. I think EA needs to flesh out the pets a little bit more and I really don't understand why they haven't already. A lot of us people from the internet loves pets, especially dogs and cats, and a big part of that is their personality and funny things they do such as hiding in a box or just goofing around. I think there are a lot of possibilities with pets, but even though EA gave us the possibility to customize them, their personalities didn't really show and they were all kinda the same. Also I would wish for more things to do once you have pets, so that they don't just walk around and take care of their basic needs. Sharing videos of your pets on social media is trending atm, so a possibility to do that would be fun. You could also have social activities like going to a park with a friend and walking your dogs together or entering competitions that are not just rabbitholes and so on. Also, considering how many simmers run virtual kennel sites I also think the ability to run an actual kennel would be awesome. Lastly, more interactions for e.g. rodents would be awesome - I mean, how cute would it be to have your little girl play with her rabbit in her room? :smiley:
  • Options
    Claret1011Claret1011 Posts: 297 Member
    I would love pets. I'd like:

- the usual cats/dogs/fish/rabbits/hamsters/guinea pigs/gerbils/birds
    - exotic pets e.g. snakes, lizards
    - chickens that produce eggs which can be used for cooking (and then use the chicken for cooking too!)
    - cows that can be milked for milk and butter for cooking
    - horses that can be ridden
  • Options
    ChausserChausser Posts: 129 Member
    I agree with the idea that both dogs and cats should have multiple sizes. For dogs, the size difference is obvious, but cats tend to get labeled as either fat or not fat in cultural perception and people seem to forget they come in quite divergent natural sizes. I know folks who own adult cats that are only a little too large to fit in the palm of your hand, and I've personally owned a cat that I could bear dance with if I leaned over a bit. (I'm 5'8" and this cat easily came up to my waist when standing on his hind paws.) I'd love to be able to replicate that in Sims 4.
  • Options
    DextroyerX2DextroyerX2 Posts: 267 Member
    I want to own a Pet Shelter so I can find wild pets and take care of them and help them get adopted :)
  • Options
    FuzzygiraffeFuzzygiraffe Posts: 172 Member
    I want pets to steal food from plates that sims leave around. And an active vet career like doctors. Other than that idk 0.o
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    Birds, now that are one of the main pets, alongside dogs and cats. :D That means they have as many features as dogs and cats do. :D
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    Pets is so diverse. They will always include the norm of cats and dogs. I personally want a large aquarium floor to ceiling where we can create aquatic salt water aquariums. Also, a large range of reptiles like snapping turtles, iguanas, geckos, chameleons, albino pythons, boa constrictors, California king snakes and corn snakes. And as for smaller pets we could have pet mice, gerbils, hamsters, guinea pigs, and ferrets. It shouldn't be limited to just different breeds of cats and dogs.
  • Options
    Pets is so diverse. They will always include the norm of cats and dogs. I personally want a large aquarium floor to ceiling where we can create aquatic salt water aquariums. Also, a large range of reptiles like snapping turtles, iguanas, geckos, chameleons, albino pythons, boa constrictors, California king snakes and corn snakes. And as for smaller pets we could have pet mice, gerbils, hamsters, guinea pigs, and ferrets. It shouldn't be limited to just different breeds of cats and dogs.

I agree, I hope smaller pets can be taken out of their cage and also be sold GTW style.
  • Options
    StokedSimmerStokedSimmer Posts: 58 Member
    howsimlish wrote: »
    An example of what I want for dog sizes:
    dog_sizes.jpg

I especially dig this size chart! It'd be neat to get different sizes for cats, too. My cat is on the small side, while some of the other cats around the neighborhood are HUGE. xD

Hm...how about more tails? Bushy tails, fluffy tails, shorter tails, longer tails, stubby tails. Additionally, cats could have the option for a tail that sticks straight up. MarMar doesn't like to walk with her tail down, lol.

Also, I hope animals will be hugely customizable in Create-A-Pet, like Sims are in CAS. In TS3 a lot of the preset breeds didn't look so hot, lol, and the sliders made it tricky to get them to look at least close to what I wanted. Now that we can push and pull and smush faces and body features and all that, hopefully we'll get to do it all with animals. It'd be rad to get my Pit to LOOK like he's a Pit, dangit! xD

I'd also like to see more smaller pets, especially ferrets! I've got a ton more things to list, but these are the first to come to mind, lol. :D
    tumblr_m4lb9nR8lz1qztmnoo1_500.gif

"The city is flying. Okay, the city is FLYING, we're fighting an army of robots...and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense." - Hawkeye, becoming self-aware in AOU

Origin ID - Blue_Nikon_007
  • Options
    DottyDotty Posts: 80 Member
    horses again, and ponies for the children, that would be so sweet. Also to solve the problem of keeping horses on to small a lot, livery stables would be brilliant, buy a horse, stable it on a livery lot. Then they could add lots for all the different equestrian activities.

Also dogs of course, farm animals, and more interactions with smaller pets, house rabbits would be cute.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    One thing that some family players (like me) who love pets/animals would like a lot would be that your Sims could sell their puppies, foals or kitties to other Sims in the neighborhood. That was very awesome feature in The Sims 2 and 3, but this time I want to see it improved. I want that my Sims could set a price to their pets, no matter if they are mongerls or purebred (however, purebred animals could be more expensive if my Sims buys them from other family) :) also I would like to see REAL ponies along with horses this time, many Sims 3 Pets fans have wanted that for The Sims 4 Pets (if I remember correctly). Also please let us have more than one little animal in a cage this time! Maybe rodents could get offspring too, also snakes, lizards and turtles too? Oh and I want to have rabbits as well! Imagine cute, furry little rabbit cubs <3
  • Options
    Lunachic62391Lunachic62391 Posts: 161 Member
    sallone wrote: »
    Farm animals, and also the option to keep pets as NPCs.
    Yes! I really never enjoyed watching their motives or lifetime wishes or having them take a slot in my house. It would be nice if we could get it as an option, for those who did enjoy it though. And a farm would be soooo fantastic! I' like to see being able to earn meat and possibly fur from the animals as well. In Castaway for PS2, they would wrestle the wild pigs, then earn a ham. Something like that maybe.
  • Options
    chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    The return of guinea pig disease >:)
  • Options
    BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    Just wanted to add the idea of using the pool-drawing tech to make above-ground room-sized aquariums. Essentially pools flagged to hold assorted sizes of fish, octopus, turtles, rocks, kelp trees, and other animals & decor. \o/
    tCTe03l.png
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I want pets, but I want a spay and neuter clinic. The runaway breeding drove me crazy.

Yes! I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned this. It's crazy that it's not available.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I want pets, but I want a spay and neuter clinic. The runaway breeding drove me crazy.

Yes! I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned this. It's crazy that it's not available.

That would be a really great thing to add, I hope Claire the bear, bird watching and raccoons come back...
  • Options
    That would be a really great thing to add, I hope Claire the bear, bird watching and raccoons come back...

I was just checking on the Sims 3 site to make sure I wasn't just being a total spacecase and there was a way to do so in the Sims 3 and several people hypothesized that it was "too inappropriate" to put in the game. However, I think spaying and neutering pets is more widely accepted then same sex marriage, which is in the game - I could be wrong though? Not to say I am against it, I just don't feel that's a valid argument. Addtionally, it was available in the Catz and Dogz games, which is rated E, so it's not like the ESRB council wouldn't approve. I honestly can't think of a reason why it hasn't been in the game yet.

Sorry to keep bringing it up, but I'm a HUGE advocate for it.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

I was just checking on the Sims 3 site to make sure I wasn't just being a total spacecase and there was a way to do so in the Sims 3 and several people hypothesized that it was "too inappropriate" to put in the game. However, I think spaying and neutering pets is more widely accepted then same sex marriage, which is in the game - I could be wrong though? Not to say I am against it, I just don't feel that's a valid argument. Addtionally, it was available in the Catz and Dogz games, which is rated E, so it's not like the ESRB council wouldn't approve. I honestly can't think of a reason why it hasn't been in the game yet.

Sorry to keep bringing it up, but I'm a HUGE advocate for it.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, that it might be considered ' not suitable for teens ' ( I don't know why it would be, teen is anything 13 and up and I knew way more than that at 13 ) They could always substitute the words like they do with woohoo and nectar. Maybe ' get *insert pet name* sterilized ' ?
  • Options
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, that it might be considered ' not suitable for teens ' ( I don't know why it would be, teen is anything 13 and up and I knew way more than that at 13 )
    Yes, especially in this day and age.
    They could always substitute the words like they do with woohoo and nectar. Maybe ' get *insert pet name* sterilized ' ?
    I think all the terms are fine. I know at my vet's office, the official term is "altered". Can't get more tame then that. I would be interested to know the reason it hasn't been added in the game before.

Sometimes, it kind of annoys me how tame The Sims is :D
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    edited March 2015
    Wild animals (and maybe in a rainforest environment, exotic...like a safari kind of thing), and I want the return of raccoons, etc. Squirrels would be nice as a decoration. Maybe have them hang around trees and stuff.

What I would love is an animal shelter-where you can adopt for a small fee.

Personally, I wouldn't like to see a zoo, but that's just my opinion. I don't like zoos in general due to how animals tend to be treated there.
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    charlottecupcakecharlottecupcake Posts: 80 Member
    I think TS3 did a good job of introducing pets as their own standalone "sim," but TS4 should take it further. You should still have traits for the animal, but you could also have jobs (from TS2) and maybe even "aspirations." I also wouldn't mind if, instead of traits, you just had "points" toward "good" pet traits that you could use, much like TS2's "personality" system.

I'd like to see them bring back pet careers too! Service Pet, Showbiz, and Combat would be my three main suggestions for this. These careers could be open to cats, dogs, and horses. Service Pet would be like a seeing-eye dog, allergy notifier cat, or a therapy horse - with the learned skill of Obediance. Showbiz could be either modeling or acting, but either one would require the skill of Tricks. Combat dogs, cats or horses would require the Hunting skill. Of course, these skills could be beneficial to any and all of the careers, but they would be the focus of each career.

I liked the idea of hunting from TS3, but I would like it to be reformed a little. I think that, instead of the hunted collectibles benefiting the owner, they should benefit the pet instead. The pet would also have its own rewards, whims, and "aspirations."

I also don't like how the pets could just run free. I think leashing them should be added as well. In public lots, unless the pet has a certain obedience level, it should be leashed or harnessed and cant get off the leash or harness unless they "made a break for it" (which would offer many funny interactions). Consequently, there should be fines for dogs or cats caught running around unleashed. Maybe sims could "call in" a stray or runaway animal and they would get a "good public duty" buff or something. Then if your pet is unleashed and taken to the "pound," you'd have to pay to get it back.

I'm not sure about exotic pets, as I don't think there would be too much of a "market" for them, but definitely horses, cats, dogs, fish, birds, snakes, and turtles/lizards. I would also LOVE if bunnies were introduced too, but I'd hate to ask for too much lol.
  • Options
    KyrichuKyrichu Posts: 8 New Member
    I'd like horses, and the more you trained and rode it the better it got, and you gained the horse-riding skill. Once you get to horse-riding level 5 you can enter horse races (It would be like a rabbithole scenario, though) and you could come out with either money or the sad emotion.
  • Options
    finefashionistafinefashionista Posts: 168 Member
    edited March 2015
    I'd like to be able to vary the length of the dogs legs, so I could make a proper dachshund!

I also agree with having an active Vet career, it'd be nice to have a job caring for animals.
  • Options
    KinuBugKinuBug Posts: 138 Member
    I would absolutely LOVE seeing more animals integrated into the game! I made another "Idea Pitch" thread in this forum, what do you guys think of my ideas? =D The thread is called "Idea for Animals EP: Not just cats and dogs"