Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    alysonleeealysonleee Posts: 2 New Member
    im pretty sure most people have said this but toddlers!! i miss that interaction with them... plus being able to adopt children or babies or toddlers!! it always says sims 4 has that but i never see the option to do so. Plus i see in the picture for sims 4 that there is an alien option yet i dont see any aliens or an alien town!???? ANIMALS!! If this is going to be a expansion pack then fine but i feel like sims has been around for a long time, i think the best thing to do would be to put what we have already been use to playing in the game instead of having to buy the same expansion packs everytime. plus another thing would be birthdays and aging... there needs to be some bug fixes on that, i made my sim blow out the candles and grow up to an adult and then he blew out the other cakes candles an hour later and became an elder!!! there was no way for me to change him back, it shouldnt be that easy to grow up! also the baby can be born and within minutes u can press on it and decide to make it grow up to a child??? i liked when u didnt have the option i liked when u actually had to wait the aging time out before they grew up. i feel like this game has so much potential and has amazing graphics it just needs to actually stand up to its potential. Its sims 4!!
  • Options
    alysonleeealysonleee Posts: 2 New Member
    ALSO WEATHER AND SEASONS!!!!!!! that shouldnt be an expansion pack that should be part of the game!!! being able to have illness's or acne.... being able to get fat when eating bad food or eating to much and then being able to work out and loose weight. whats the point of having them work out and get "sore" and good at it if there is no actual payoff??
  • Options
    lavakillulavakillu Posts: 18 New Member
    Another vote for weather! I do love,me, a rainy day!

Also, maybe drinking would make a Sim less inhibited, more prone to engage in AUTONOMOUS offensive and inappropriate behavior. More realistic reactions to such behaviors...Someone mentioned that they woohoo'd with Bella in front of Mortimer with little effect on his mood.

More public spaces with activities specific and appropriate for those spaces. Dancing is pretty weak. Maybe not having all sims do the same dance, and face the same direction would be helpful. It seems like it was an activity that was thrown into the game as an afterthought. Maybe dancing could become a trait that could be practiced with beneficial side effects.

I may not be stating it in a clear way but, when groups of sims are present, like in public spaces or party's, whatever, it feels like the group is bland...nobody wearing a lamp shade and embarrassing themselves.

I appreciate that it is a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to make a game that walks the line between being "real" and emulating real life without offending anyone and finding that elusive greatest common divisor but, in my experience, paying too much heed to the latter results in banality. The weak link in The Sim's is the actual gameplay...what to do once you've created a killer Sim and built a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 homestead. Nudging this game toward the dark side, with all the appropriate parental control's, would make things far more interesting. Jealousy, depression, deception, self destruction, disillusionment...sorry, I digress.
  • Options
    AnnieBonnie007AnnieBonnie007 Posts: 245 Member
    I'm sorry to not have liked TS4. I feel limited when I play it. I don't like the way the sims look (even with CC), they are far too cartoonish. There is not much to do in base game and it din't happen in TS2 or TS3. Emotions are not everything in a game, have that inmind when you are going to develop something new to the game
  • Options
    LyricAiLoveLyricAiLove Posts: 54 Member
    Not to offend the creators of the game or anything, but if you ask me they hit the nail on the head with Sims 2 and Sims 3. They expanded upon what came before and then we hit Sims 4 and they take major steps back. I don't get it. I think the moodlets were better. Emotions don't really make all that much of a difference. Mainly because I find that my sims are usually always either happy or uncomfortable. Those two emotions tend to overwhelm all others.
    <3 I'm believing you and I can do anything, we can change the world
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    On a lark, I re-downloaded and installed TS3 a week or so ago, the process made necessary because I had upgraded my comp since having played it last. I anticipated that it would become, once again, my go-to game but I found it to be unplayable. Even in the vanilla mode, with no CC or EP's, the load time was insufferable. My box is more than adequate to run the game (and TS4) at full settings but, it just seemed glitchy and really a test of my patience. I'm not sure if there was a conflict of some sort or if the game, by comparison to TS4, just felt less polished but, TS4 is a much better base upon which to build a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game! But, then, I am also willing to accept that I haven't a clue of which I speak...
    Post edited by lavakillu on
  • Options
    dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    lavakillu wrote: »
    On a lark, I re-downloaded and installed TS3 a week or so ago, the process made necessary because I had upgraded my comp since having played it last. I anticipated that it would become, once again, my go-to game but I found it to be unplayable. Even in the vanilla mode, with no CC or EP's, the load time was insufferable. My box is more than adequate to run the game (and TS4) at full settings but, it just seemed glitchy and really a test of my patience. I'm not sure if there was a conflict of some sort or if the game, by comparison to TS4, just felt less polished but,
    TS4 is a much better base upon which to build a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game! But, then, I am also willing to accept that I haven't a clue of which I speak...
    I agree TS4 has a lot of potential. Like you said Sims 3 is quite glitchy. I also think the game play is lacking.
  • Options
    RohndaRohnda Posts: 10 New Member
    > @zombii3 said:

> " * Faster eating/drinking..I'm sure we can all agree that unless your sim is pretty much alone and eating - they'll never finish. I've had my sims get up two hours before their work or school and they end up being late because they spent so much time talking and randomly taking bites or they lost their plate in a couch because another sim wanted to hug."

I agree with this 100%. I thought it was crazy how long it took to eat a meal. If they could speed up the process of getting out of bed and making the bed, why did they go backwards on the eating aspect?
  • Options
    RohndaRohnda Posts: 10 New Member
    I dislike Sims 4 so much that I would rather they just keep trying to fix Sims 3. There is not one thing I like about Sims 4. Sad because my husband bought me the 80 dollar version of Sims 4 and I never play it. I do watch for expansion packs in hopes that something will change, but I just see the same "decade 2000 animated cartoons" instead of the digital 3D look that came with Sims 3. The Sims 3 camera view in Sims 4 is not the same as Sims 3 with the angles. I just want Sims 3 with all the fixes that it needed.
  • Options
    sleepygamergirlsleepygamergirl Posts: 2 New Member
    edited March 2015
    I'd like to be able to build balconies that come out into a roof slope. Currently, I can make a balcony and put fencing on the edges, but when I add the roof and line it up with the balcony, the fencing disappears.

Example: ow.ly/K48iI
  • Options
    ACEANDLADYACEANDLADY Posts: 45 Member
    > @zombii3 said:
    > Faster eating/drinking..I'm sure we can all agree that unless your sim is pretty much alone and eating - they'll never finish
    > @Rohnda said:
    >If they could speed up the process of getting out of bed and making the bed
    -I agree I believe since a sims day is so short (only 24 mins as you all know) that it should only take 30secs-1min to cook a meal not 3-4 min and 15-30secs to eat. When Im not repairing my game to get my fridge to work it takes them forever to cook a meal, then the rest of the day to eat it.
    -The same goes with getting in and out bed half the morning it gone by the time they wake up. This is one thing I thought they would've changed from TS3 not make it longer. I use cheats have the time just so I can get through my sims day quicker.
    -They really need to add a patch where it cuts down the time on all the sims ADL's throughout the day so I can actually take my sim to the bar more or have them learn more skills.
    -Why can you not exercise from a t.v. or stereo anymore either for children or any other sim?
    -Also why are my sims getting the embarrassed moodlet when another walks in on them on the toilet, but still sit there having a conversation?
  • Options
    haha! Sooo true about the eating! I've resorted to feeding my sim's manually, and one bite at a time :)
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    What I would LOVE is if, in Build Mode, there were a way to click on two different "rooms" (which may not be rooms at all) and tell the game to accept them both as a single room. I say this because it's annoying having a single square, for whatever reason, being treated as a different room that I can't merge into the larger room.

I'd also like a few more life states. I do miss toddlers and I'd like for teens to be shorter than young adults. And I'd like if there were a hint of Generations in the game. One of the things I loved -- LOVED -- about Generations was how much it added to the family aspects of the game. Yard toys for children, pranks for teens, strollers to take infants and toddlers out on a stroll, and just activities that families as a whole could do TOGETHER. As it stands right now, I can make a family, but I'm often left not knowing what to do with the children other than make them farm skills, which makes it so I don't have any attachment to them at all. This is a little more annoying when it comes to Legacy Challenges, too. If you can't bond with the Sims, how are you going to care about their lineage? Other than, you know, scraping around in your brain to try and form a story around "and then little Jessica played with a dollhouse again!...because that's kinda her only real option! other than these...pretty lackluster toys...and a stuffed animal...hm...".

I feel bad for being so picky and finicky, but I really do miss having an emotional attachment to my Sims, especially when they're still young. Like many others have said, I wouldn't be adverse to a toddler/preteen life stage being added to the game, either.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited March 2015
    We need core gameplay elements back...

- Sims caught cheating as negative consequences.
    - Illness which can be caught of another Sim and have a knock on affect to other Sims in the world.
    - Repuation system
    - Some type of story progression
    - More immersive interactions with Sims
    - turn on's and turn off's
    - Emotions that actually have an impact, they don't seem to work (i.e sims not bothered by death/fights/cheating)
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    - More residential lots/worlds
    - Prank calls and money calls from Sims 1 and Sims 2 (your Sims could get calls and win money or get fooled by a prankster)
    - More traits
    - Emotions based on memories
    - School buses
    - Taxis
    - Cars
    - Jealousy emotion/moodlet
    - More romantic interactions
  • Options
    Capt_OdeeCapt_Odee Posts: 70 Member
    > @lavakillu said:
    > haha! Sooo true about the eating! I've resorted to feeding my sim's manually, and one bite at a time :)

Ohhh so you baby your Sims, eh? heheheheh <3 o:)
  • Options
    YuiVooYuiVoo Posts: 173 Member
    Add easier deaths back in the games!
  • Options
    piratezevelynpiratezevelyn Posts: 100 Member
    defiantly need to bring Toddlers back and more interactions with babies. The ability to lock doors would be great too. And Basements. Spiral stairs, I'd love to see The Sims 4 get some of The Sims 3 Ep's like seasons and Supernatural. Smaller Telescopes. There was a bunch of good ideas on your list but those are what I'm most hoping for. Already got one of my wishes with Get to Work. Please don't get me wrong The Sims 4 is awesome. The graphics and stuff are way better and I know it's just starting out so I will try not to complain too much :D
    as a side note I think the need decay is faster in The Sims 3 (could just be my imagination) but I'm really glad It's not that bad in The Sims 4.
  • Options
    SuwariishSuwariish Posts: 7 New Member
    > @knazzer said:
    > We need core gameplay elements back...
    Repuation system

Ewww no. Would rather not see that particular element come back. It made controlling cheating and the ways its found out much to hard (or the Sims find out immediately even if they weren't in the area).

Would much rather have the TS2 memories system back as well as the Family Tree showing uncles, aunts and other types of extended family. Kinda annoying to look at a brother an sister with the siblings marriages not showing up on either side. Also having jealousy/envy added as one of the emotions would be nice.

Other than that... fix the reactions (ie have them react) to things like cheating and death. Having turn ons and offs for each sim, lockable doors, bed assignment, toddlers and most of what has already been said.
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Suwariish wrote: »

Would much rather have the TS2 memories system back as well as the Family Tree showing uncles, aunts and other types of extended family. Kinda annoying to look at a brother an sister with the siblings marriages not showing up on either side. Also having jealousy/envy added as one of the emotions would be nice.
    I agree with this entire chunk.
    I loved the TS2 memory system. The TS3 memories system was broken as heckle (SO glad I found a mod to clear memories and turn them off). With TS2, you got a premade icon and a little description on what happened and with who. And those memories covered fires, births, first day of school, child getting into private school...a bunch of things! With the humor of patch notes, it'd be really easy to get some good, funny memories implemented alongside the current system we have now.

I would also like to have jealousy/envy added. Especially between siblings. Goooood, that'd be so good. Two twins and one twin gets all the attention and good grades. Imagine the possibilities for that second twinnnnn.
  • Options
    0oodle0oodle Posts: 3 New Member
    The Military Career.

My boyfriend is in USMC and I would love to have my sim family be as close to home. Astronaut is just boring, and it irks me a bit for this to not be at the top of the MILITARY career.

Would be cool to see them add the military career to the newest expansion. Take your sim to boot camp, go up the ranks, go on deployment, etc.

It's sad to see this isn't available in the base game.
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    I'd like to be able to build balconies that come out into a roof slope. Currently, I can make a balcony and put fencing on the edges, but when I add the roof and line it up with the balcony, the fencing disappears.

Example: ow.ly/K48iI

Nice idea but I can't see how it could be done because walls and fences cannot exist on the same grid line. Unless the balcony fences were done as some sort of decorative roofing object but then you would be limited with the roof angles.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    Mrsbailey3Mrsbailey3 Posts: 15 Member
    I would love to see weather again. the change of seasons, different venues to go to.
  • Options
    giallorossigiallorossi Posts: 167 Member
    *More advanced CAS sliders.
    *Girlfriend / boyfriend / fiancé options in CAS when selecting relations.
    *Vets career with the Pets expansion.
    *Yoga (TS2 style)
  • Options
    crazybowler1621crazybowler1621 Posts: 35 Member
    I find it quite ironic that Maxis (which created Sims) was shut down by EA very shortly after Sims 4 was released and there is all these problems with the game. Hmmm......

But I agree, all needs functions, on decay too fast, and two take too long to full fill. Which is frustrating when it comes to those stupid daily tasks for the careers. You spend so much time trying to make your sim happy again you can't get anything done for work. It's like they did it on purpose to force you to do aspirations so that you can get the points buy the aspiration points that slow the needs down.

Obviously toddlers. Right now when it comes to Kids and generations the game is too Sims 1, also I would like to be able to see the needs of the babies.