Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Some specially-edited screenshots of the proposal. I need a tissue. *sniffle*

"You… you would promise yourself to me, for the whole world to know?"

"With all that I am. I love you so much, Valois."

proposal_thering_700.jpg

proposal_shock_700.jpg

proposal_kiss_700.jpg

I totally forgot this story and cool update
  • Options
    RebornMonsterRebornMonster Posts: 552 Member
    @SimMadMeg
    wrote: »
    :heart: OH MY GOD THAT WAS SO CUTE!!! Thank you so much for releasing those poses! You did a really great job. I love how expressive they are! :kissing_heart:

I know how that shipping business goes - I have that same problem in my own story, sort of. I really really just want Suzy and Adrian to get together. I've spent literally hours thinking about how I could arrange for that to happen eventually, but it just doesn't make sense in the story. *sigh* :heartbreak: I hope you have a way to make it work for Nico and Hayley. It is interesting how someone can be jaded and experienced in one thing, but totally naive in another, isn't it :smile: Your story seems really interesting :dizzy: .

I'm with you on the snoring thing. :wink: I've always been a heavy sleeper (conscious conditioning on my parent's part) and can say I've fallen asleep at a Indy car qualifying. I actually find it absolutely adorable when my boyfriend or dog snore, because then I know they're really tired. :blush:

@alexandrea
    If there is one thing I have learned in the last few years is that there is no such thing as a "wrong" time to get up. Left to my own devices I'm a morning person. In high school I used to get up a couple hours before I'd have to leave for class so I could have some quiet and productive time in the day. Even now I'm usually up by 8am at the latest. But having spent the last 3 years doing late night shifts (very regularly not even getting home until after 2am) I can tell you that it is FAR FAR more important to listen to your own body and just do what makes yourself healthy and sane then query if there's merit in the specifics of it.

Sorry if that comes of preachy. I'm kinda sensitive to it since people were always commenting like I was lazy when I'd say I'd woken up at 10am - when in my world that was pretty much the crack of dawn. :tired_face:

That said - I totally understand what you mean about early morning being like night-time. It's dim, quite, calming - just like the dead of night. :heart: I am totally a sap, but I feel like the world just has so much more energy and mystery in the wee hours. :blush:

- about the name thing - I'm pretty sure it came about in the era's when a woman was considered property of the man she married. I could be wrong though. If you do end up looking into it let me know what you find out. It'd be interesting to know.

@kipper123
    HEY! Nice to meet you too :mrgreen: Thanks, I've always biked a lot, but I have to admit commuting on one has been a lot harder then I thought it would be. :dizzy::confounded:

@ValoisFulcanelli
    OMG! SPOILERS GUYS :cry: Valois and Gunther are getting married!?!! I need to get caught up!! lol

No problem :smirk: What is a creepy-stalker-fan good for if not to lavish you with praise. I officially get my gold star for the day. => :star:

That said, I totally understand where you're coming from. I tend to be very sensitive to what people say to me. (Coming from a family where I was once kicked out of the house because of an argument between my mother and boyfriend about whether the word "quadrilogy" was a real word and whether it was an insult to her intelligence that I disagreed with her about it - I believe I come by it honestly.) I have definitely been in that spot where something said in passing just hit me really hard and I couldn't move past it. But, I promise you that you are entitled to your emotions even when they seem trivial or overblown to somebody else. Being very aware of these subtleties can be a boon too. It helps you examine and express yourself and empathize with others.

Actually - this is pretty funny - I've been getting a lot of praise at my new job and I've been agonizing over it. I keep analyzing it and wondering if it's some sort of convoluted training strategy or maybe local sarcastic undertone that I just can't pick up on. I was trying to talk to my boyfriend about it the other day and he gave me the most exasperated look - like I'd just said my hair was on fire and I didn't like the color. :sweat: It honestly freaks me out and I literally obsess about it. I just can NOT handle praise. Don't get me wrong, I still MONTHS LATER go back and read flattering comments on my writing and it'll make my day, but tell me that you like my shirt and I'll probably never wear it again. :fearful: lmao :tongue:

Either way, I'm glad I helped you feel better. I'd miss you :heartbreak:

I'm kinda annoyed with my lack of productivity today. A couple days ago I had a breakthrough and was thinking of stuff I could write in my story, but my day ended up being sucky and I just haven't been able to re-claim that excitement I had. :disappointed: It's so frustrating because I've actually had my computer to myself again.

I need to get out of this funk. :neutral:
    Gen1Banner.png
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    @RebornMonster o:) I know that, I get up around 10am on the weekends, it's just not my preference...We all have our likes and dislikes, it makes the world go round. :) I don't like talking in the morning, that's when my mean streak comes out and 'f' bombs start flying lol. And you're right, you have to do whatever makes your body happy...I actually read a study about how not everyone actually needs 8hrs of sleep at night.

I didn't find your comment preachy...And I wasn't trying to relate waking up at 10am to being lazy lol, I've woken up at 1pm before...That's life.

And Yes omg! The morning sky is so beautiful sometimes...It's the little things that make life so much more enjoyable. I feel like such a hippie sometimes because I love being alone with nature. My brother's campus has this long river that runs through it and it's just so beautiful, whenever I go there for one of his school events or something like that I sit out there and just take it all in...Beautiful.

And you're probably right about the name thing, I've heard someone else say that too...I'm still going to look it up just because I'm curious, but I'm too lazy to do that any time soon lol. But yeah, when I get married I will not be taking my husbands last name, I plan on hyphenating our names. And it's not because I'm a feminist or anything like that, I just feel like being different and going against the norm. But then again life is unexpected, I may just end up taking my husbands last name, who knows...The future is far away lol.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    @alexandrea
    :smiley: YEAH! I know how that goes. Sometimes it's impossible to not be sucker-punched by just how amazing the universe is. I totally would never say that out loud - but it goes through my head often enough. lol

I've always thought it would be fun to both change your names - choose a name for your marriage and then you would both adopt it as a sir-name. Unfortunately I don't think I'd ever actually get to do it, my boyfriend is very very anti-marriage. :no_mouth: He probably wouldn't go for it anyway. He was not understanding at all when my Aunt chose a different name after her divorce... :expressionless:

... I hate saying stuff like that about him - he really is an amazing guy with a wealth of patience and sweetness. I promise. lol :sweat_smile:

Gen1Banner.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Double-post
    Post edited by RebornMonster on
    Gen1Banner.png
  • Options
    ThePartySimThePartySim Posts: 852 Member
    @kipper123 thanks for reading :) I love the teens' prom pic so much lol. I'll be checking out chapter two of your story this weekend!

@ValoisFulcanelli good to see you posting in the thread again ^_^

Screenshot-36_zpsvsl3nh5s.jpg

You can read it here.
    My stories:
    A Graying World http://agrayingworld.wordpress.com/
    Sim Star Idol http://simstaridol.wordpress.com
    How to Be a Star http://howtobeastarstory.blogspot.com/ [Complete!]
  • Options
    powderjrpowderjr Posts: 249 Member
    Hi hi! The heir vote was closed two days ago with Stephen coming in victorious! Other than that I have no updates for anything else, as my game has been a little funky lately (graphics are being weird and sims in one save are refusing to age up) but mostly because alongside the novel I started quite some time ago and am quite far into, have started another series. So I'll be busy with lots of writing and I've got my birthday party tomorrow as my birthday is on Tuesday!
    How's everyones week been? Mine's been full of snow!
    KXisNC.png uaxxBS.jpg
  • Options
    NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    Hi. I finally did some stuff on my Tumblr page. LOL. I found this old writing prompt I had written a few months ago, just hanging out in my Wordpress drafts, so I decided to make some poses and put some Sims pictures to it. Whee.. there's more information about it at this post. Enjoy. :blush:

Stop That Wedding: A Tumblr Exclusive

@winterbaby20: Aww shucks. LOL. Thanks for the compliment, I am happy the office building worked for you.
    @RebornMonster: *high fives* We are definitely too awesome for the rules. Heehee. Plus, we're tasteful, so it's all good. XD *pats back* I hope you get out of your funk soon. It's no fun to be feeling that way.
    @ValoisFulcanelli: Ahh, yeah, coding is easy for me too, I just don't prefer to do it for my chapter posts. I usually code when I am redoing a blog template, or some other web design stuff, like changing my Tumblr themes. Your template stuff that you have, for like when Valois says 'mon coeur' is definitely a good idea, it probably saves you a lot of time. ;)
    @alexandrea: What? Shy people aren't naturally like that? LOL, I always think people are the way they are, sure, sometimes things in their life change their demeanor, perhaps some shy people weren't naturally shy... whatever. He sounds like a wierdo. LOL. Ooh, how was the dance competition? :smile:

LateKnightSimmer
  • Options
    SimMadMegSimMadMeg Posts: 685 Member
    @RebornMonster I love hayley and Nico so much (I have even played with their genetics to see what their possible kids might look like and can I say AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW) Sorry you are struggling to get your ship together :( I guess I am just sorta lucky that Hayley and Nico are both needing somebody to trust, a friend and that can easily grow into more :)
  • Options
    @NewToTheSims Yeah I agree, the guy was a real weirdo lol. And the competition was nice...I loved the lyrical performances. My friend won an award ^_^ His performance was really intense, he was swinging a girl around his body like a cyclone...It's hard to explain but yeah. My eyes were wide open (I thought he would drop her), they were really good though lol.

@RebornMonster Yeah, I agree...It's funny you said that, I woke up this morning, listening to some T.v. show about some guy talking about the universe and how we're all connected...It was very odd.

Awww maybe your boyfriend will change his mind about marriage, that's a clever idea you have. But I personally believe that as long as the couple loves each other, that's all that matters...A ceremony is nice though. And if I ever got divorced I wouldn't want to keep my ex-husbands last name.

And don't sweat it, I'm sure he is an amazing guy if you're with him. Everyone gets annoyed with their partner sometimes "I love you but you make me wanna _________" lol :p
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    kipper123kipper123 Posts: 595 Member
    @powderjr Hope you have super-fantastic-amazing-awesome party!! :mrgreen: I will try my very hardest to remember to wish you happy birthday on Tuesday, but I have the short term memory of a gold fish... My week has been full of rain. I would LOVE some snow :o

@NewToTheSims Cool story, the photography was great! Wow talk about a dramatic wedding!!... or almost wedding. I can't imagine having your father drag you by your hair is much fun, let alone on your wedding day :sweat_smile:

@ThePartySim Great chapter, I haven't decided who I want to vote for yet... It's between Pandora and Scarlett. I love both their characters and Pandora seems to have a really interesting history, but Scarlett and Night make THE cutest couple :heart: Their babies would be adorable!! I'll be voting when the poll is up.
    Always remember you are braver than you think, stronger than you seem and smarter than you believe ~ Christopher Robin
  • Options
    Dandylion240Dandylion240 Posts: 279 Member
    Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

I have (finally) a new chapter for Not So Ordinary Life, you can read it here: simstoriesbydandylion.blogspot.com/2015/03/generation-2-chapter-32.html

[img][/img]Screenshot-283_zpsqhvgjicp.jpg

• Options
    RaeNicRaeNic Posts: 767 Member
    edited March 2015
    Just came by for a quick peek in to say hello and I notice this:
    Some specially-edited screenshots of the proposal. I need a tissue. *sniffle*

"You… you would promise yourself to me, for the whole world to know?"

"With all that I am. I love you so much, Valois."

proposal_thering_700.jpg

proposal_shock_700.jpg

proposal_kiss_700.jpg

Ooerrmg. haha I love the look of all of your photos to begin with, but I don't know what it is about these that I love just as much but in a different way. If that makes sense. lol I can't wait to read this chapter. It may be much later tonight or maybe tomorrow after I get my latest update out since I'm so behind. *whispers sotto voce* But really, it'll probably be tonight. ;) lol

Ah, yes. I hate when people ask what's wrong or say things like lighten up when you're already feeling down. I know they're trying to be nice or considerate, but sometimes it just doesn't feel that way. Kind of makes one feel as though one needs to validate ones feelings to that other person and that's frustrating and disheartening. Especially when you're already feeling crappy. Ugh. I'm sorry. I'm glad that you were coaxed back into the thread, though. I love your posts and how you're always so helpful and knowledgeable.

Anyway, so much has happened since I was last here so I'm just going to say a collective Hello! to everyone. Hope your weekend is going well. :) Funny story about mine: I went to Ikea today and all I was thinking about as I was walking up and down the different aisles was how I could take all those different pieces of furniture, misc decor, and colors to decorate my sims' houses. Oy, I have problems. lol
  • Options
    ThePartySimThePartySim Posts: 852 Member
    Screenshot-33_zpsfrbmylut.jpg

The heir vote for gen 4 is up now. All of the info can be found in this link. I go in detail about each possible heir in case you've never read my story before. The poll will be open until next saturday. Make sure you scroll all the way down to reach the poll!

My stories:
    A Graying World http://agrayingworld.wordpress.com/
    Sim Star Idol http://simstaridol.wordpress.com
    How to Be a Star http://howtobeastarstory.blogspot.com/ [Complete!]
  • Options
    EmmaBarbieEmmaBarbie Posts: 5,836 Member
    *Slowly pokes head in and looks around*
    Just thought I'd say hi. It's almost 11:30 at night and I'm REALLY bored. It's nice to see people are still posting stories here :)
    You're too late.
  • Options
    Perfection
    Chapter 27: Part 3/3

perfection-sims3.blogspot.com/
    16129384843_ed61c80b4f_b.jpg

@ThePartySim Voted :)
    @EmmaBarbie Hey! Long time no see...How's life?
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Hi there everybody,I've got another chapter for GLEN HARBOR
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    RaeNic wrote: »
    Anyway, so much has happened since I was last here so I'm just going to say a collective Hello! to everyone. Hope your weekend is going well. :) Funny story about mine: I went to Ikea today and all I was thinking about as I was walking up and down the different aisles was how I could take all those different pieces of furniture, misc decor, and colors to decorate my sims' houses. Oy, I have problems. lol
    @RaeNic I have the opposite problem lol... When I'm browsing for cc clothing I'll see someone really pretty and think "I wonder if they have that in my size?" :tongue:

@everyone I will return tonight to read all the new stories. I hope you all have a lovely Sunday! xox
    Always remember you are braver than you think, stronger than you seem and smarter than you believe ~ Christopher Robin
  • Options
    ValoisFulcanelliValoisFulcanelli Posts: 672 Member
    @kipper123 Awww, I got emotional as I was writing it, so I know what you mean. I've almost finished building the wedding venue (although I'm an inveterate tweaker when it comes to builds like that, so I'll probably be fiddling with it and adding little bits of CC right up to the point where I start the photo-shooting with it).

@msbeckycat & @ThePartySim Thank you!

@RebornMonster Eep! Sorry for the spoilers! The chapter was already out, so I figured I was safe to post those pics XD

I'm the same with praise. I guess it boils down to our own inner critic telling us that we know we're not sure about XYZ thing, so when someone tells us we're brilliant at XYZ thing, we wonder what the heck they're buttering us up for!

On the subject of the getting-up-in-the-morning convo you're having with @alexandrea, I am SO with you there. I'm a night owl by nature; I never feel sleepy until sometime between 2am and 4am, and yet in my old job I spent 20 years being routed out of bed by my alarm clock at 03:50am. Don't get me wrong; I loved those 5am walks to work. Serenaded by blackbirds in spring and the first one to stomp all over the untouched snow in winter, but I was permanently tired for all those years. I feel so much better now I can keep the hours my body clock wants to.

@RaeNic Those pics came about because I discovered a new free image editor that has some amazing effects. I've been playing around with it and posting the results on my Simblr. Here are some composites of a few of them (they do look better at a larger size; made smaller for this post they look a bit fuzzy) -

imageedits01.jpg

imageedits02.jpg

I did a quick video tutorial over on Tumblr, to show how you can get that effect. (Warning: contains me gabbling away :mrgreen:)
    tfb.jpg
  • Options
    @Dandylion240 I've left a comment after the chapter and followed your blog :)

@ThePartySim Voted for Scarlett, I'm in love with her relationship with Night and I think she'll make a great heiress! Beneath all the pink hair I think she's a tough cookie ;)

@alexandrea I posted a comment on your blog :)

@TadOlson I'm trying my best but I can't find any new Glen Habor posts :confounded:

• Options
    NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    Hey dudes,

I don't have anything to post here today, but I thought I'd come in and chit chat. I am drinking some coffee and just kind of chilling since it is Sunday here.

@alexandrea: *waves* Hello! Hope you're doing well. Thanks for those comments on Tumblr. You're so sweet. B)
    @kipper123: Hi! Thank you so much for the compliments. I had fun with those pictures, that story was way more mean and fast paced than my others, LOL. Since it was a short story, and I needed it to end, I just went for dramatic. I'm glad you enjoyed it. LOL IKR? She has such a mean father, a crazy father, even. :o
    @RaeNic: LOL, I think stuff like that about houses I see when I'm driving down the road. I'll see a cool looking house and think, wow, I should make a house like that in Sims! I've built my actual house in game before, multiple times. I try to match my actual furniture too. Sometimes when I watch tv and I see a piece of furniture or something, I'll be like omg, that looks like something I have in my game! ROFL.
    @RebornMonster: I understand your difficulty with accepting praise. It's crazy how that sort of stuff affects people. I used to have people tell me I was worthless for so long that I've sadly ingrained that into my brain. Now when people praise me I can't fathom how it can be true. I'm better for the most part, I think I believe less of the 'I'm worthless' lies, but praise really does still catch me off guard, and I sort of have to convince myself that it's true. I hope with time, your co-workers praise becomes less agonizing for you. <3 I used to have a roommate who would call me a lazy bum because I got up later than she did, and it was like I would get up at 9am when she got up at 6am. *rolls eyes* I really can't stand people like that. My schedule was much different than hers, so she was just lording her attitude over me. Now that I am free from the pain of living with roommates, I get up whenever I want and I feel a lot better.

LateKnightSimmer
  • Options
    BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    @RebornMonster: ahh, praise. My boss actually gets on my case about this. The other day she said, "Your response should be, 'thank you, Jenny.'"

So, I mumbled, "Thank you, Jenny." Then walked briskly back to my desk. I'm not good with praise either. Makes me want to stick my head in a hole until the person walks away. I have some childhood issues that make it hard for me to believe good things about myself and my abilities. Plus, I'm extremely sensitive in general, so I shy away from the limelight.

In other news, Kieran is shining the ol' ball and chain. Poor thing...the pictures are pretty though...lol

Happy Sunday!
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    edited March 2015
    Story 1: Ramsey Merry-Go-Round Part 2 will focus on the teens once they age up to young adults in 27 sim days
    Prom Week Drama
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    This was a stressful week for everyone. The days went as usual with ups and downs. Alice has finished her lifetime wish of Bot Builder. Cathy did not make things easy by trying to skip school. It was on prom day also. Cathy got punished and could not go to prom. Her brothers got to go and Brian got off work in time to go and gets crowned King of the prom.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Dennis now has a romantic interest but no one has seen her yet. Bailey is Fred’s romantic interest. Bailey comes over every other day to study.
    Post edited by msbeckycat on
  • Options
    BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    Hi all, I need some names. Well, I need help choosing some names. So, if you could head on over and choose your favorite three? You don't have to know anything in advance. Just choose three (3) names that call to you.

Please and thank you!

torreslegacy.saytaina.com/2015/03/08/poll-for-names-again/
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Options
    EmmaBarbieEmmaBarbie Posts: 5,836 Member
    edited March 2015
    alexandrea wrote: »

@EmmaBarbie Hey! Long time no see...How's life?

Eh, quite a load of stuff happened. My mom went into DKA (Diabetic ketoacidosis, I think) Turns out her sugar went over 600. She's out of the hospital now, thank goodness. She's had to go on insulin. In an attempt to get more exercise in, my family bought a Wii-fit-u and a couple of Wii's (a couple mini's and a Wii U) since it was REALLY cold we couldn't drive to the near deserted mall all the time for a thirty minute walk so we just used the Wii fit. Worked out pretty well because one day she used the Wii Fit and walked around a couple stores and had her sugar down SIGNIFICANTLY the next day (around 68, I believe) Plus the Wii's are fun xD

On top of that, I've been trying to get around to writing some more. Been kind of difficult because I've been busy with a lot. If anything, my brain keeps rattling off ideas and I've only got so much time for a handful of them. I've been working on and off on three projects (two stories and a screenplay) and I've not been overloaded. All I really want to do is actually find a place to post my stories since I can't post them here (they all tend to fail for one reason or another). I'm leaning toward either Tumblr or Livejournal, more so Livejournal since it's free and what not.
    Also been thinking of unofficially joining NaNoWriMo this year but I need to pick a project, and see if I can keep with it.

Sorry to rant xD How have you been?
    You're too late.