Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SOMEBODY UPLOADED MY SIMS AS THEIR OWN

Comments

• Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited March 2015
    BryDeca wrote: »
    @marcel21 @thesimsfairy47 I need to pint out something, let's say you made a sim called 'Sim Simmer' someone downloads it and they change there hair and clothes a bit, They played with this sim and found a partner, They upload this sim and there new partner, Let's name them 'Pre view'. The person who has made there own sim has uploaded yes but the downloader has made there own story with it and as the OP has stated the person in question had download these 2 sims and added to a family which means they have liked the OP work and wanted to add it to there story. All of this is just a tad tedious as every person who uploads/Downloads has no copyright ownership of any thing you create and you are not entitled to claim said sim/lot/house it is stated in the user agreement. This entire thread is getting out of hand and no one is a thief, No one has stolen, no one owns 'sim siimer' but maxis does own 'pre veiw' and the tools that was used to make 'sim simmer' so in whole maxis owns 'sim simmer'. Yes we have all paid for this to play and upload (if you want to) not any of us own copyright or any sort over any thing in the game and that does include CC makers they have used software that is either owned by maxis or owned by someone else who in turn may have got permission off maxis. So to the point this thread is not right you uploaded it, You acknowledged that people will download it and re-upload it.

Edit: I have skimped through the EULA again to try and see if there is anything to back my own statement, And yes there is it states in the EULA that the game is on lease, You have not bought the game.

So in a nutshell we are all paying to borrow the game for the fun of the game and anything like misuse or if EA/Maxis wish they can stop access to Anyone of our games if they so wish. If you search 'IMPORTANT POINTS IN THE EULA' on this thread there is someone who has even pointed all this out @SweetieTreats (sorry SweetieTreats for bringing you into this, But your thread is very insightful) So as I have stated none of us own the game.

If you accepted the EULA you accept that you don't own the game and you don't have any power over anything you have created with Maxis's tools.
    I don't think anyone is saying we own the Sims/lot/house that we made unless I missed that post. We are saying we put a lot of time and effort into making Sims and would like to receive credit if someone re-uploads the Sims we made. As I pointed out before I couldn't care less if people re-uploads the Sims I made, but it would be nice if they gave credit to the person who created that particular Sim. :)

He/Him
  • Options
    BryDecaBryDeca Posts: 309 Member
    > @ironknight35 said:
    > BryDeca wrote: »
    >
    > marcel21 thesimsfairy47 I need to pint out something, let's say you made a sim called 'Sim Simmer' someone downloads it and they change there hair and clothes a bit, They played with this sim and found a partner, They upload this sim and there new partner, Let's name them 'Pre view'. The person who has made there own sim has uploaded yes but the downloader has made there own story with it and as the OP has stated the person in question had download these 2 sims and added to a family which means they have liked the OP work and wanted to add it to there story. All of this is just a tad tedious as every person who uploads/Downloads has no copyright ownership of any thing you create and you are not entitled to claim said sim/lot/house it is stated in the user agreement. This entire thread is getting out of hand and no one is a thief, No one has stolen, no one owns 'sim siimer' but maxis does own 'pre veiw' and the tools that was used to make 'sim simmer' so in whole maxis owns 'sim simmer'. Yes we have all paid for this to play and upload (if you want to) not any of us own copyright or any sort over any thing in the game and that does include CC makers they have used software that is either owned by maxis or owned by someone else who in turn may have got permission off maxis. So to the point this thread is not right you uploaded it, You acknowledged that people will download it and re-upload it.
    >
    > Edit: I have skimped through the EULA again to try and see if there is anything to back my own statement, And yes there is it states in the EULA that the game is on lease, You have not bought the game.
    >
    > So in a nutshell we are all paying to borrow the game for the fun of the game and anything like misuse or if EA/Maxis wish they can stop access to Anyone of our games if they so wish. If you search 'IMPORTANT POINTS IN THE EULA' on this thread there is someone who has even pointed all this out SweetieTreats (sorry SweetieTreats for bringing you into this, But your thread is very insightful) So as I have stated none of us own the game.
    >
    > If you accepted the EULA you accept that you don't own the game and you don't have any power over anything you have created with Maxis's tools.
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't think anyone is saying we own the Sims/lot/house that we made unless I missed that post. We are saying we put a lot of time and effort into making Sims and would like to receive credit if someone re-uploads the Sims we made. As I pointed out before I couldn't care less if people re-uploads the Sims I made, but it would be nice if they gave credit to the person who created that particular Sim.

I have said that in one my post's too, It is nice when people do download your sim/lot/house and it makes you feel alot better if you do get credit for it. But I know that not everyone will, I have also said this too :P I have download two different peoples Sims and made them sister's and uploaded them but in the comment section I put the OP's names.

@ironknight35 Sorry if it seemed I was moaning about anything that may not be on the post, But I am sure I have read somewhere on here that a user did complain that they owned the sim just because they bought the game. I am certain infact as I was mentioned in the post.
    I can see you looking at me

pGXSGA08M9LFN.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2015
    BryDeca wrote: »
    > @ironknight35 said:
    > BryDeca wrote: »
    >
    > marcel21 thesimsfairy47 I need to pint out something, let's say you made a sim called 'Sim Simmer' someone downloads it and they change there hair and clothes a bit, They played with this sim and found a partner, They upload this sim and there new partner, Let's name them 'Pre view'. The person who has made there own sim has uploaded yes but the downloader has made there own story with it and as the OP has stated the person in question had download these 2 sims and added to a family which means they have liked the OP work and wanted to add it to there story. All of this is just a tad tedious as every person who uploads/Downloads has no copyright ownership of any thing you create and you are not entitled to claim said sim/lot/house it is stated in the user agreement. This entire thread is getting out of hand and no one is a thief, No one has stolen, no one owns 'sim siimer' but maxis does own 'pre veiw' and the tools that was used to make 'sim simmer' so in whole maxis owns 'sim simmer'. Yes we have all paid for this to play and upload (if you want to) not any of us own copyright or any sort over any thing in the game and that does include CC makers they have used software that is either owned by maxis or owned by someone else who in turn may have got permission off maxis. So to the point this thread is not right you uploaded it, You acknowledged that people will download it and re-upload it.
    >
    > Edit: I have skimped through the EULA again to try and see if there is anything to back my own statement, And yes there is it states in the EULA that the game is on lease, You have not bought the game.
    >
    > So in a nutshell we are all paying to borrow the game for the fun of the game and anything like misuse or if EA/Maxis wish they can stop access to Anyone of our games if they so wish. If you search 'IMPORTANT POINTS IN THE EULA' on this thread there is someone who has even pointed all this out SweetieTreats (sorry SweetieTreats for bringing you into this, But your thread is very insightful) So as I have stated none of us own the game.
    >
    > If you accepted the EULA you accept that you don't own the game and you don't have any power over anything you have created with Maxis's tools.
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't think anyone is saying we own the Sims/lot/house that we made unless I missed that post. We are saying we put a lot of time and effort into making Sims and would like to receive credit if someone re-uploads the Sims we made. As I pointed out before I couldn't care less if people re-uploads the Sims I made, but it would be nice if they gave credit to the person who created that particular Sim.

I have said that in one my post's too, It is nice when people do download your sim/lot/house and it makes you feel alot better if you do get credit for it. But I know that not everyone will, I have also said this too :P I have download two different peoples Sims and made them sister's and uploaded them but in the comment section I put the OP's names.

@ironknight35 Sorry if it seemed I was moaning about anything that may not be on the post, But I am sure I have read somewhere on here that a user did complain that they owned the sim just because they bought the game. I am certain infact as I was mentioned in the post.

I actually enjoyed reading your comment and learned some things that I didn't know! :)
    He/Him
  • Options
    BryDecaBryDeca Posts: 309 Member
    > @ironknight35 said:
    > I have said that in one my post's too, It is nice when people do download your sim/lot/house and it makes you feel alot better if you do get credit for it. But I know that not everyone will, I have also said this too :P I have download two different peoples Sims and made them sister's and uploaded them but in the comment section I put the OP's names.
    >
    > ironknight35 Sorry if it seemed I was moaning about anything that may not be on the post, But I am sure I have read somewhere on here that a user did complain that they owned the sim just because they bought the game. I am certain infact as I was mentioned in the post.[/quote]
    > I actually enjoyed reading your comment and learned some things that I didn't know!

Lol thank you, I have read the basic EULA on the game the full one hasn't been released yet, But I used EA's basic game one. If anyone wants help on understanding it just ask. I am more than grateful to help you. Just send me a PM or add me on origin.

But sorry to the OP you don't have a case of copyright of sort's and I know it is morals to give credit.
    I can see you looking at me

pGXSGA08M9LFN.jpg

• Options
    bjk607bjk607 Posts: 168 Member
    I now simguruchick is an awesome help and this is why i dont play online or upload my creations anymore. EA we need some kind of watermark to protect our creations please help us. Marcel you now where to find me if you need to talk ok :D xXhugsxX
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Honestly I really don't know how to feel about this issue. The gallery/exchange is there for a reason, its to share your creation with others. So when your uploading your creations, your telling people its okay to use it. I just feel like if you don't want your creations to be stolen, then putting them on the gallery might not be a good idea. I have sims on the exchange, if people use them and call them theirs..i really don't care cause it was my decision to place them there. If i use a sim not created by me, yes, I will give recognition to that person, but at the same time I don't expect everyone to do it.

If the person had edited and made changes to my two Sims and uploaded them I would be fine with that but they uploaded both as I created them!

I myself and some others don't share creations for people to uploaded as their own, we share them for people to use and yes they can make them their own as far As I'm concerned but that's not the case here, they just completely uploaded them with other peoples Sims without even a name change or anything else what so ever!

The same thing when people build amazing lots then somebody else uploaded them as their own, or somebody creates a mod and somebody else re-uploads it and claims as their own :/

its just not the type of behavior I would encourage and feel its disrespectful to the person who put all those hours and love into creating it to share with others only for somebody to upload to clam as their own!

It can feel a bit like for example

Creating a great story in work or school and somebody else posts it as their own work after you!

But that's just my own opinion on this whole subject!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Honestly I really don't know how to feel about this issue. The gallery/exchange is there for a reason, its to share your creation with others. So when your uploading your creations, your telling people its okay to use it. I just feel like if you don't want oyour creations to be stolen, then putting them on the gallery might not be a good idea. I have sims on the exchange, if people use them and call them theirs..i really don't care cause it was my decision to place them there. If i use a sim not created by me, yes, I will give recognition to that person, but at the same time I don't expect everyone to do it.
    I want people to download my Sims and they can even upload them to they gallery, but they should give credit to the original creator in my opinion. :)

I don't even expect credit,

just a simply edit to make them different to how I created them before they upload, but of course you can't do that with all creation, like a house for example!

until you make huge changes to its original to make it more your own!

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Hmmmm, all I figured out is, that this whole "stealing", calling each other thieves stuff has been going on as long as players have uploaded their stuff created or recoloured from The sims 1, The sims 2, The sims 3, and now The Sims 4. I am so sick and tired of it, that I sincerely consider NOT to upload anything anymore! I have been creating for all the other games, and I did this gladly. Not to get credit but to feel the joy of helping other players to new stuff in their games. This is the "head of the nail" to me. I keep my creations to myself in the future. Sad story.

PS. I love my "attitude", and I love playing the Sims.

Simsister2004

According to you yes!

You have all the answers after all :open_mouth:

I just don't agree with you!

I will repeat this for you again, I am talking about something somebody created with the game that they personally put hours and love into to share and for people to play with, only for somebody else to upload without any changes and to claim as their own!

Like I posted above

its just not the type of behavior I would encourage and feel its disrespectful to the person who put all those hours and love into creating it to share with others only for somebody to upload to clam as their own!

I'm not just talking about me Here, others who this had happened to that would agree like myself!

I get you don't agree!

Difference of an opinion, that's all Simsister2004 ;)

I never said I personally wanted credit, just not to upload as I created them, for them to clam as their own!

The game is very creative and I feel differently to what I create and share to how you do And do it for others as well as myself for the joy of creating and sharing also !

Where did that come from :o

I'm shocked you would consider not sharing any of your own creations all because we have a difference of opinion here :o

That a shame for any fans of your work to make such a statement just like that over something you don't agree to!

That's up to you of course and sorry to hear you would result to such a thing!

how about we just agree to disagree ;)

I am fully aware you love your attitude which is another reason why we don't agree!

Happy Siimming

Post edited by marcel21 on

• Options
    bjk607bjk607 Posts: 168 Member
    I do have to agree with you Marcel sweetie it is very wrong for someone to take your creations and call them theirs I agree with you 100%. This is madness I tell you just madness.
  • Options
    EvieMaiye95EvieMaiye95 Posts: 36 Member
    I think the point is that nobody has said they own/ have rights to the game/households/lots ect however this all started because the op was upset about their sim being re uploaded as someone elses and why shouldn't they be upset. I certainly would be it is plain rude. Of course if we are going to upload our creations to the gallery we should accept that some people will upload as their own and that's just how it is, its not against any rules but that doesn't make it right. People should have more courtesy and respect for others creations but sadly some people just dont.
    Check out my origin ID on the gallery at EvieMaiye95
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I think the point is that nobody has said they own/ have rights to the game/households/lots ect however this all started because the op was upset about their sim being re uploaded as someone elses and why shouldn't they be upset. I certainly would be it is plain rude. Of course if we are going to upload our creations to the gallery we should accept that some people will upload as their own and that's just how it is, its not against any rules but that doesn't make it right. People should have more courtesy and respect for others creations but sadly some people just dont.
    Well said!

He/Him
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    But but but but - attitude or not. Talking about STEALING is so much "over the top" in my opinion. Who likes to be called a thief, when it's only something you did for having fun and share with others? To own something you must have been buying that particular stuff in the first place. We don't buy simmers, we create them. The player is totally knocked down being called a thief just for sharing his sims family. He/she didn't write their name under it!!

I just visited his upload page, and the family is no longer there. My guess is, that he just accidentally uploaded them to give a friend a teenager, who has to go with a family, as you can't get them alone. I am still new to the Sims 4 myself, and sitting playing with the different tabs ex. in CAS, I have made mistakes myself. When I thought I saved a sim for myself, and then (surprise) had shared it on the Gallery. Please be kinder to your co-players in the future. They just love playing The Sims like we do.

Is ok, now I understand what you mean. Maybe they did do a mistake, i was confused too in the beginning. Maybe thief is too much, but some people still take credit for others work, in real life too and that is what I think they felt sad about. So both of you have good arguments.

• Options
    AvianatorAvianator Posts: 188 Member
    The reason of sharing a sim should be the sharing itself.

I still understand that people get upset when seeing someone else reuploading their sims, but we can't teach everyone about the dos and the don'ts of using the gallery in a respectful way.
    Uploading a sim should not be about feedback and compliments (though it's a nice rewarding addition), it should be about helping other simmers and making their game more fun.

And getting favourited by Maxis has nothing to do with quality...it's totally random...so that's not a compliment at all.

Stopping to upload at all, won't punish the one who reuploaded your sims.
    But it will punish everyone who loves your sims.
    And it won't make this community a better place.

But I'm becoming repetitive and you already made your decision.
    It's just a shame.

• Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited March 2015
    I know, on the in-game gallery If there is a sim in a person's upload created by someone else it should say.
    I think if you upload a sim, that's a risk your gonna have to take.
  • Options
    Avianator wrote: »
    The reason of sharing a sim should be the sharing itself.

I still understand that people get upset when seeing someone else reuploading their sims, but we can't teach everyone about the dos and the don'ts of using the gallery in a respectful way.
    Uploading a sim should not be about feedback and compliments (though it's a nice rewarding addition), it should be about helping other simmers and making their game more fun.

And getting favourited by Maxis has nothing to do with quality...it's totally random...so that's not a compliment at all.

Stopping to upload at all, won't punish the one who reuploaded your sims.
    But it will punish everyone who loves your sims.
    And it won't make this community a better place.

But I'm becoming repetitive and you already made your decision.
    It's just a shame.

I understand your views on your own creations. Some of us won't agree with everything here!

These are lot of good reasons for sharing creations :D

Feedback alone is very important to a creators, myself included!

I was using maxis creations as an example when somebody builds or creates something then somebody re-uploads as their own and receives credit for work they did not deserve!

I understand that some will be upset which I am very sorry for but this has changed how I feel about what I upload in the future and you can hardly blame others for doing this same thing because of this sort of thing!

Its not about punishing anybody at all,

I just think its disrespectful to the original creator of the upload

No longer uploading Sims won't be fun for me either but I can't allow that to happen again with any future Sims and this seems the only way I can at least have some control back and prevent it!]

This forum thread as really opened my eyes to how some people view this type of behavior that as only made me glad I have stuck to it, I have made the right chose!

I can fully understand and appreciate how others felt when this happened to them and why they stopped uploading!

• Options

I think if you upload a sim, that's a risk your gonna have to take.[/quote]

It seems so :/ and its risk I won't be making on future sims!

• Options
    bjk607 wrote: »
    I do have to agree with you Marcel sweetie it is very wrong for someone to take your creations and call them theirs I agree with you 100%. This is madness I tell you just madness.

Thank you bella :D

• Options
    KatverseKatverse Posts: 238 Member
    But what if someone takes your sim and changes it 100%. is it still stealing?
    Origin ID: katverse
  • Options
    Sims4Kat wrote: »
    It's fine if you download a Sim off of the gallery and change their looks then re-upload. :)

He/Him
  • Options
    islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member
    It's weird that sometimes the Gallery is able to identify copied content (throwing out the "Original By: <Name>" line in the description) and other times it doesn't. That sucks, not only is it lazy of the other party, but we all like to get our deserved dls/faves when they're due.

The gallery is also a bit wonky in regard to custom content - If I upload modded sims to the Gallery, the Mod box is automatically checked, filtering my items out, yet there are a few players with CC who are on the front page - exempted from the mod filter. I don't understand it.
    Gallery: Islaroses
    Build Showcase: Islaroses
    Simblr: islarosesims.tumblr.com
    Sims Mobile: NJUTWNP

• Options

As for as i'm concerned you made it your own design and idea by doing this above!

I would be happy with anybody using any of my Sims as long as they change how i created them, like name, hair clothing ect ect!

They could create a family with kids and those kids would be your own design, even though the father was mine to begin with!

• Options
    It's fine if you download a Sim off of the gallery and change their looks then re-upload. :)

Agree!

• Options
    edited March 2015
    It's weird that sometimes the Gallery is able to identify copied content (throwing out the "Original By: " line in the description) and other times it doesn't. That sucks, not only is it lazy of the other party, but we all like to get our deserved dls/faves when they're due.

The gallery is also a bit wonky in regard to custom content - If I upload modded sims to the Gallery, the Mod box is automatically checked, filtering my items out, yet there are a few players with CC who are on the front page - exempted from the mod filter. I don't understand it.

The gallery as been a mess constantly since launch sadly :/

My game only ever crashes when I have been in the gallery for more than a few minutes!

I hate what they did with CC how its hidden unless you tell people but other simmers are allowed for it to show on the front page when others can't even see their own unless you ticked the box that unticks as soon as you leave the filter page :s is so unfair and typical of this website!

Also you can't even use the filter can you, when offline from the game by using the website part instead of in game :o

The whole thing of not allowing cc to transfer is a really big problem as most don't even link you the cc for all the Sims and lots and the game won't even generate default content to replace the cc either!

When ever i upload some I make sure they will look how they did when i upload or at least add the links!

It makes you not want to upload with cc at all and these problems won't do this game any favors :/

• Options
    islarosexivislarosexiv Posts: 454 Member
    The whole thing with CC being automatically hidden really saddens me, as I get the impression some people don't even know about that feature. I still have no idea how people are uploading modded sims to the Gallery and bypassing the auto-mod detection.

I'm torn on their implementations of it though, because with TS3 I would download cc sims, and wind up getting a lot more than what was displayed (like fully nude bodies, or hideous tops that didn't scale with body shape/maternity, or that weren't regulated to an age/gender, resulting in random townies, including children, wearing a woman's top with a womans figure and all..) so I appreciate not including the mods, because it's a simple thing to just add a link to a tumblr or something in the item description.

But, yeah, I get plenty of downloads for my NoCC sims, but it seems odd to have my cc versions of the same sims get zero hits.
    Gallery: Islaroses
    Build Showcase: Islaroses
    Simblr: islarosesims.tumblr.com
    Sims Mobile: NJUTWNP

• Options
    simslovers456simslovers456 Posts: 213 Member

I know I'm late with this, but there has been certain incidents were people would give credit and attribute to it's "original owner" but what if it isn't it's original owner, it someone the supposed creator that got hooked it from somewhere thus creating a chain reaction. If you don't want your sim to be shared or played with then don't put it up on the gallery. It's just as the same for someone taking a sim from the gallery to play with them. I don't understand why this is a big deal when there was the exchange, before all the bad cc came spreading around. No one had a problem with people playing with their sims. You do have an option to make your sims or household private y'know.
    large.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top