Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SOMEBODY UPLOADED MY SIMS AS THEIR OWN

Comments

• Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Avianator wrote: »
    Well everyone has to decide on his own...how to handle the possibility that people might "steal" and reupload his own sims.
    One way to do so, is just stopping to upload at all.
    But that's sad, cause there are other simmers out there, simmers that never would do such unrespectful things.
    And these simmers will no longer have the chance to enjoy your creations, just because of some brainless "idiots".
    That's really sad.

On the other hand:
    You are not the only one, who decided not to upload anymore or at least not to upload your favourite sims.
    But you will miss a very pleasurable aspect of this whole community...its called "feedback".

Some of the creators who stopped uploading certain sims, obviously don't want to miss that aspect.
    So they post their unavailable sims all over the place, catching for feedback and maybe even compliments (we all like compliments),
    but to me that is almost as sad as "stealing" the work of another simmer.

"Look how gorgeous my sims are...but you can't have them!"

This doesn't make this community a better place...no, quite the contrary.

But it's up to you, which path you choose.
    And of course everyone has to respect your desicion.
    I agree with this!

He/Him
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    No, I don't understand much of what you are saying.
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I don't see the "big deal". Be prepared such things happen every now and then. In fact they ARE a bit their own, as it's a much larger family.

Hey thanks :s

Well it will the the last for me :/

That is the last time I upload a household to this website :open_mouth:

And how would you feel if it was yours?

It looks like i'm not the only one These is hundreds of that same Justin beiber Sims on the gallery to!

So because they put my Sims in another family make them there own :s

People are so lazy create their own Sims

But why not take it as a compliment? They obviously like your sims a lot and are playing with them. I think that way, and besides I only upload my sims if I want other players to play with them, too. Fuzzing like you do, only brings you sleepless nights and lots of wrinkles.
    I get what you are saying, but some people (myself included) put a lot of time and effort into making our Sims. I couldn't care less if people upload my Sims to the gallery, but they should at least give credit to the original creator. :/

The original creator is still Maxis, EA Games, if we get down to facts. Besides, you're the user/player of their game, and you are made aware of the terms for using both the game and the "make a sim" feature AND sharing. So I still say: If you don't want to let this happen, keep your sims in your game, and don't share them. You even make a lot of advertising by bringing pics of every piece of clothes you chose for them!!
    Did you not understand what I was saying? I couldn't care less if people upload my Sims, but they should at least give credit to the original creator!! I'm still going to upload my Sims even if someone uploads them without giving me any credit, but it would be nice if they did though.

Wowwww, and didn't you understand what I said? "The original creator" is Maxis and EA Games. You are just a player/user.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I don't see the "big deal". Be prepared such things happen every now and then. In fact they ARE a bit their own, as it's a much larger family.

It looks like i'm not the only one These is hundreds of that same Justin beiber Sims on the gallery to!

But why not take it as a compliment? They obviously like your sims a lot and are playing with them. I think that way, and besides I only upload my sims if I want other players to play with them, too. Fuzzing like you do, only brings you sleepless nights and lots of wrinkles.
    I get what you are saying, but some people (myself included) put a lot of time and effort into making our Sims. I couldn't care less if people upload my Sims to the gallery, but they should at least give credit to the original creator. :/

The original creator is still Maxis, EA Games, if we get down to facts. Besides, you're the user/player of their game, and you are made aware of the terms for using both the game and the "make a sim" feature AND sharing. So I still say: If you don't want to let this happen, keep your sims in your game, and don't share them. You even make a lot of advertising by bringing pics of every piece of clothes you chose for them!!
    Did you not understand what I was saying? I couldn't care less if people upload my Sims, but they should at least give credit to the original creator!! I'm still going to upload my Sims even if someone uploads them without giving me any credit, but it would be nice if they did though.

Wowwww, and didn't you understand what I said? "The original creator" is Maxis and EA Games. You are just a player/user.
    Why do you think there is a (created/modified by) thing on the gallery? If I create a Sim I am the original creator of that particular Sim. I think we will just have to agree to disagree. :)

He/Him
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Well everyone has to decide on his own...how to handle the possibility that people might "steal" and reupload his own sims.
    But that's sad, cause there are other simmers out there, simmers that never would do such unrespectful things.
    And these simmers will no longer have the chance to enjoy your creations, just because of some brainless "idiots".
    That's really sad.

On the other hand:
    You are not the only one, who decided not to upload anymore or at least not to upload your favourite sims.
    But you will miss a very pleasurable aspect of this whole community...its called "feedback".

Some of the creators who stopped uploading certain sims, obviously don't want to miss that aspect.
    So they post their unavailable sims all over the place, catching for feedback and maybe even compliments (we all like compliments),

And of course everyone has to respect your decision.

edited a typo

I totally agree!

And yes its sad to have to do that!

That's one of the worst parts of having to do it!

Just the other household members in the upload that contains mine are from 4 other creator which I will remind SIMSISTER2004 to get the fact straight, because those other members were from other creators and not from there own work but hey but as SIMSISTER2004 pointed out any creator,even Sims, houses, rooms, CC, Mods does not matter because EA owns everything lol!

It does not matter if somebody put their heart into creating something for others. Peoples attitude like SIMSISTER2004 just makes me feel that i'm doing the right thing and even though I hate SIMSISTER2004 attitude and opinion on this subject That will at least solve the issue for me as SIMSISTER2004 pointed out!

I agree again one of the best parts of uploading for many I'm sure is the feedback that I myself value very much!

I know, I have seen many celebrity Sims on YouTube over the years, even houses that creators have videoed but never uploaded because of simulor problem like myself and its always a shame when you can't download them but I personally still enjoyed the video regardless if the creation never gets uploaded but if they have had problem like mine I can understand more why they don't wan't to share them anymore!

I don't see any problem in creations being shown but not uploaded as i said if i enjoyed what they showed I find that as rewarding!

I don't think that's as bad as somebody stealing somebody else s creation though!

One thing I lost with my creation was control. I can't get my creation removed out of that persons studio and if they would have just changed things about them This wouldn't be happening now!

Like i was saying on page one somebody house was uploaded by somebody else and the lot got featured by maxis, nothing was changed yet the person who uploaded it again was getting more downloads and favorites and they never even built the house and people think that's fair shocked me the most and and opens my eyes to parts of this community!

If people are uncomfortable with uploading now you can't really blame them with attitudes like that where some people like that are probably the sort to do the same thing as the topic of this thread!

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options

No need to patronize people :s God I can't stand your attitude :/ That's Just my opintion!

• Options
    edited March 2015
    That's really sad.

On the other hand:

edited a typo

I totally agree!

Just the other household members in the upload that contains mine are from 4 other creator which I will remind SIMSISTER2004 to get the fact straight, because those other members were from other creators and not from there own work but hey but as SIMSISTER2004 pointed out any creator,even Sims, houses, rooms, CC, Mods does not matter because EA owns everything lol!

It does not matter if somebody put their heart into creating something for others. Peoples attitude like SIMSISTER2004 just makes me feel that i'm doing the right thing and even though I hate SIMSISTER2004 attitude and opinion on this subject That will at least solve the issue for me as SIMSISTER2004 pointed out!

I agree again one of the best parts of uploading for many I'm sure is the feedback that I myself value very much!

I know, I have seen many celebrity Sims on YouTube over the years, even houses that creators have videoed but never uploaded because of simulor problem like myself and its always a shame when you can't download them but I personally still enjoyed the video regardless if the creation never gets uploaded but if they have had problem like mine I can understand more why they don't wan't to share them anymore!

I don't see any problem in creations being shown but not uploaded as i said if i enjoyed what they showed I find that as rewarding!

I don't think that's as bad as somebody stealing somebody else s creation though!

One thing I lost with my creation was control. I can't get my creation removed out of that persons studio and if they would have just changed things about them This wouldn't be happening now!

Like i was saying on page one somebody house was uploaded by somebody else and the lot got featured by maxis, nothing was changed yet the person who uploaded it again was getting more downloads and favorites and they never even built the house and people think that's fair shocked me the most and and opens my eyes to parts of this community!

If people are uncomfortable with uploading now you can't really blame them with attitudes like that where some people like that are probably the sort to do the same thing as the topic of this thread!
    You said that very well, and I agree!
    He/Him
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    edited March 2015

What about custom content and hours lost doing it? Maxis may have the copyright, but you can't upload something without quoting the original developer. Specially if is a very characteristic sim. Is not right period.

Maxis own it, but is like a coworker inside Maxis says he did a certain map, town, mesh when somebody else there did it. Both are from EA and EA owns it but is NEVER RIGHT or appropriate to downright STEAL credit on other people's work.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    But but but but - attitude or not. Talking about STEALING is so much "over the top" in my opinion. Who likes to be called a thief, when it's only something you did for having fun and share with others? To own something you must have been buying that particular stuff in the first place. We don't buy simmers, we create them. The player is totally knocked down being called a thief just for sharing his sims family. He/she didn't write their name under it!!

I just visited his upload page, and the family is no longer there. My guess is, that he just accidentally uploaded them to give a friend a teenager, who has to go with a family, as you can't get them alone. I am still new to the Sims 4 myself, and sitting playing with the different tabs ex. in CAS, I have made mistakes myself. When I thought I saved a sim for myself, and then (surprise) had shared it on the Gallery. Please be kinder to your co-players in the future. They just love playing The Sims like we do.
    Post edited by Simsister2004 on
  • Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear this, don't let this upset you, they know in the back of their mind that thy did not make these lovely sims.
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    BryDecaBryDeca Posts: 309 Member
    Well I would like to put my 2 cents in lol, Well yes maxis is the creator of anything you make in game they still own it, But yes the person should have gave some credit of form but the gallery is for people to download and upload when and if they please, I know I have personally download 2 separate peoples sims but I did upload them again and I did give credit, People want your 'creations' to play with make there own stories for there game or even just make another family with your sims. I hope there is a way to make people give credit but as I said I don't mind if people download any of my stuff and re-upload them I know have spent 7hrs on a building and people have downloaded it, I know that people will have probably upload it again with or without changes.
    I can see you looking at me

pGXSGA08M9LFN.jpg

• Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    BryDeca wrote: »
    Well I would like to put my 2 cents in lol, Well yes maxis is the creator of anything you make in game they still own it, But yes the person should have gave some credit of form but the gallery is for people to download and upload when and if they please, I know I have personally download 2 separate peoples sims but I did upload them again and I did give credit, People want your 'creations' to play with make there own stories for there game or even just make another family with your sims. I hope there is a way to make people give credit but as I said I don't mind if people download any of my stuff and re-upload them I know have spent 7hrs on a building and people have downloaded it, I know that people will have probably upload it again with or without changes.
    Yes, but we paid allot of money to have it.
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    bjk607bjk607 Posts: 168 Member
    @ my sweet Marcel21 I agree with you so I guess there is a plus with playing offline. I just wish people would not steal others creations after they spend many hours themselves creating for others to enjoy. EA and Maxis needs to give us something to protect our creations something like a watermark.Marcel sweetie :D I know your work and how much time you put into your creations but you can go to simguruchick and explain to her what happened she will take care of it. HUGS for you sweet marcel XxhugsXx
  • Options
    bjk607 wrote: »
    @ my sweet Marcel21 I agree with you so I guess there is a plus with playing offline. I just wish people would not steal others creations after they spend many hours themselves creating for others to enjoy. EA and Maxis needs to give us something to protect our creations something like a watermark.Marcel sweetie :D I know your work and how much time you put into your creations but you can go to simguruchick and explain to her what happened she will take care of it. HUGS for you sweet marcel XxhugsXx
    I agree! People put so much time and effort into making their Sims and other people try to take credit for making it... Its shameful to be honest! :/

He/Him
  • Options
    That's really sad.

On the other hand:

edited a typo

I totally agree!

You said that very well, and I agree!

Thank You :D

• Options
    GaiaPuma wrote: »

What about custom content and hours lost doing it? Maxis may have the copyright, but you can't upload something without quoting the original developer. Specially if is a very characteristic sim. Is not right period.

Maxis own it, but is like a coworker inside Maxis says he did a certain map, town, mesh when somebody else there did it. Both are from EA and EA owns it but is NEVER RIGHT or appropriate to downright STEAL credit on other people's work.

Glad to hear you agree with this to and your also absolutely Right!

I even seen mods pop up again under a different creator so many times over the years, Including CC ones To :/

No matter what we create some people just don't understand How much care we put into our creations only to have some random person upload our things and take credit for it :D

It a really disrespectful thing for people to do!

I remember a guy in the Sims 3 did this with somebody else lot and was telling people that the original creator had in fact stole it when the original creator had had the lot in TSR 6 months before!

Ones that steal for credit can be very creative just not the the creation they stole!

• Options
    edited March 2015
    But but but but - attitude or not. Talking about STEALING is so much "over the top" in my opinion. Who likes to be called a thief, when it's only something you did for having fun and share with others? To own something you must have been buying that particular stuff in the first place. We don't buy simmers, we create them. The player is totally knocked down being called a thief just for sharing his sims family. He/she didn't write their name under it!!

I just visited his upload page, and the family is no longer there. My guess is, that he just accidentally uploaded them to give a friend a teenager, who has to go with a family, as you can't get them alone. I am still new to the Sims 4 myself, and sitting playing with the different tabs ex. in CAS, I have made mistakes myself. When I thought I saved a sim for myself, and then (surprise) had shared it on the Gallery. Please be kinder to your co-players in the future. They just love playing The Sims like we do.

quote="Simsister2004;13374127"]But but but but - attitude or not. Talking about STEALING is so much "over the top" in my opinion. Who likes to be called a thief, when it's only something you did for having fun and share with others? To own something you must have been buying that particular stuff in the first place. We don't buy simmers, we create them. The player is totally knocked down being called a thief just for sharing his sims family. He/she didn't write their name under it!!

I just visited his upload page, and the family is no longer there. My guess is, that he just accidentally uploaded them to give a friend a teenager, who has to go with a family, as you can't get them alone. I am still new to the Sims 4 myself, and sitting playing with the different tabs ex. in CAS, I have made mistakes myself. When I thought I saved a sim for myself, and then (surprise) had shared it on the Gallery. Please be kinder to your co-players in the future. They just love playing The Sims like we do. [/quote]

But nothing Simsister2004; ;)

That's fine ,you have your own opinion as I already heard, and some of us have ours!

When this happens no matter what it is they do it for gain of some sort depending on the item they upload from another studio!

Nobody Likes to be called a thief but those who are deserve to be called so!

Hear we go again with your attitude :s

When its only something you created for fun and to share :s I know the Sims creating side means nothing to you but it means a lot more to a lot of us its a very creative game you know!

yours

to own something you must have been buying that particular stuff in the first place. We don't buy simmers, we create them

OMG

You should rest your head lol!

We do buy the Sims games you know!

I see, you know the person And they uploaded my Sims and others by mistake in the first place did they lol!

How would you know this?

I have been creating and playing in the Sims for 10 years

I reported it myself and it was uploaded just after myself by that person and how you make the mistake of uploading 4 different creators Sims all together would amaze me lol!

You know what happened and the reason that person uploaded them do you !

you have this all figured out do you?

What does be kinder to other players come into the post for please?

Post edited by marcel21 on

• Options
    edited March 2015
    GaiaPuma wrote: »

Glad to hear you agree with this to and your also absolutely Right!

I even seen mods pop up again under a different creator so many times over the years, Including CC ones To :/

No matter what we create some people just don't understand How much care we put into our creations only to have some random person upload our things and take credit for it :D

It a really disrespectful thing for people to do!

I remember a guy in the Sims 3 did this with somebody else lot and was telling people that the original creator had in fact stole it when the original creator had had the lot in TSR 6 months before!

Ones that steal for credit can be very creative just not the the creation they stole!]
    I defiantly agree with the bolded part! I've been working on a Sim for 4 months and I'm still not finished..... :*
    He/Him
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this, don't let this upset you, they know in the back of their mind that thy did not make these lovely sims.

Thank you :D

Your are right of course!

When you see a creators creations a few different types you start to notice their style to!

• Options
    BryDeca wrote: »
    Yes, but we paid allot of money to have it.

Agree!

• Options
    bjk607 wrote: »

Hi Bella :D

Thanks I know right!

Hope you well well?

I know Its always upset me for years :/

I would welcome that Idea B)

I am going to keep an eye out on the gallery and hoper I don't have to resort to that but a guru might be the best person for extra advice!

Take care XxHugsxX

• Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Honestly I really don't know how to feel about this issue. The gallery/exchange is there for a reason, its to share your creation with others. So when your uploading your creations, your telling people its okay to use it. I just feel like if you don't want your creations to be stolen, then putting them on the gallery might not be a good idea. I have sims on the exchange, if people use them and call them theirs..i really don't care cause it was my decision to place them there. If i use a sim not created by me, yes, I will give recognition to that person, but at the same time I don't expect everyone to do it.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Honestly I really don't know how to feel about this issue. The gallery/exchange is there for a reason, its to share your creation with others. So when your uploading your creations, your telling people its okay to use it. I just feel like if you don't want oyour creations to be stolen, then putting them on the gallery might not be a good idea. I have sims on the exchange, if people use them and call them theirs..i really don't care cause it was my decision to place them there. If i use a sim not created by me, yes, I will give recognition to that person, but at the same time I don't expect everyone to do it.
    I want people to download my Sims and they can even upload them to they gallery, but they should give credit to the original creator in my opinion. :)

He/Him
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Hmmmm, all I figured out is, that this whole "stealing", calling each other thieves stuff has been going on as long as players have uploaded their stuff created or recoloured from The sims 1, The sims 2, The sims 3, and now The Sims 4. I am so sick and tired of it, that I sincerely consider NOT to upload anything anymore! I have been creating for all the other games, and I did this gladly. Not to get credit but to feel the joy of helping other players to new stuff in their games. This is the "head of the nail" to me. I keep my creations to myself in the future. Sad story.

PS. I love my "attitude", and I love playing the Sims.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Hmmmm, all I figured out is, that this whole "stealing", calling each other thieves stuff has been going on as long as players have uploaded their stuff created or recoloured from The sims 1, The sims 2, The sims 3, and now The Sims 4. I am so sick and tired of it, that I sincerely consider NOT to upload anything anymore! I have been creating for all the other games, and I did this gladly. Not to get credit but to feel the joy of helping other players to new stuff in their games. This is the "head of the nail" to me. I keep my creations to myself in the future. Sad story.
    I hope that you will still upload your creations! These are just our opinions, so no need getting upset or offended by it. :)

Post edited by ironknight35 on
    He/Him
  • Options
    BryDecaBryDeca Posts: 309 Member
    edited March 2015
    @marcel21 @thesimsfairy47 I need to pint out something, let's say you made a sim called 'Sim Simmer' someone downloads it and they change there hair and clothes a bit, They played with this sim and found a partner, They upload this sim and there new partner, Let's name them 'Pre view'. The person who has made there own sim has uploaded yes but the downloader has made there own story with it and as the OP has stated the person in question had download these 2 sims and added to a family which means they have liked the OP work and wanted to add it to there story. All of this is just a tad tedious as every person who uploads/Downloads has no copyright ownership of any thing you create and you are not entitled to claim said sim/lot/house it is stated in the user agreement. This entire thread is getting out of hand and no one is a thief, No one has stolen, no one owns 'sim siimer' but maxis does own 'pre veiw' and the tools that was used to make 'sim simmer' so in whole maxis owns 'sim simmer'. Yes we have all paid for this to play and upload (if you want to) not any of us own copyright or any sort over any thing in the game and that does include CC makers they have used software that is either owned by maxis or owned by someone else who in turn may have got permission off maxis. So to the point this thread is not right you uploaded it, You acknowledged that people will download it and re-upload it.

Edit: I have skimped through the EULA again to try and see if there is anything to back my own statement, And yes there is it states in the EULA that the game is on lease, You have not bought the game.

So in a nutshell we are all paying to borrow the game for the fun of the game and anything like misuse or if EA/Maxis wish they can stop access to Anyone of our games if they so wish. If you search 'IMPORTANT POINTS IN THE EULA' on this thread there is someone who has even pointed all this out @SweetieTreats (sorry SweetieTreats for bringing you into this, But your thread is very insightful) So as I have stated none of us own the game.

If you accepted the EULA you accept that you don't own the game and you don't have any power over anything you have created with Maxis's tools. << That is in the EULA too.

Sorry for such the long post I hope people read all of this and not just try and start an argument over anything I have said.
    Post edited by BryDeca on
    I can see you looking at me

pGXSGA08M9LFN.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top