Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 six months on...

So today marks the big day, a half year anniversary of The Sims 4, the game that was promoted as being the biggest and boldest game of last year, the game that was going to be the biggest and boldest Sims game ever!

This game was going to be all about the attitude, the humour, the charm, everything that the 'buggy mess' that TS3 was not, a real Sims game with soul that was going the break new ground in the world of Simming supported with the new emotion system and smarter Sims that this time, you really can connect to!

However, that was the dream, the vision, their vision, the game went off to a rocky start, some stood by it, a few believed that it would get better. There was no pools and no toddlers, no Open World, CASt, less NPCs and the gameplay method had changed from sandbox to goal orinated.

Over the few months, some new content appeared, pools where patched back in, some new careers emerged and a new 'Game Pack' had hit the shelves (in the form of DLC) and now there is talk over the first actual EP, yet criticism still surrounds the forums and the community, Simmers are as unhappy and sceptical than ever, the game that was going to be 'so much better' than the old TS3 has proven to be in it's shadow, a new game is in the shadow of it's predecessor. TS3 turns out, was not so much of a 'buggy mess' after all and has even grown in popularity while other have gone back to TS2 and even TS1 (happy 15th Bday)

So what has happened to The Sims? Where is the hype, the OMG moments, the 'wow' moments? Where is the wow factor? The X factor? What has happened in the last year of development?

Why has, for the first time in living history, a Sim game has disappointed people? Sure the old games had a degree of disappointment, but that was a smaller minority, why is it now that a game that was going to be so big, has ended up being over shadowed by games that are 5, 10 or even 15 years old than itself? Why has this happened and what is the future?

Discuss nicely please, we should all have our opinions heard fairly.

Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 is going to be one of the best Sims games ever when expansions, stuff packs, and game packs start rolling out like a stampede of flying buffaloes wielding flaming chainsaws and spiked whips. ;)

Sounds like quite an EP, but, no toddlers?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member

Toddlers will arrive in time when a Family-related expansion is released - possibly in that expansion's patch.
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    Sims 4 has already gotten a lot of things back already. It should be fine as long as the trend continues.
    Anyways, TS3 is still more buggy than 4.
    And I'd say there's been a lot less complaints than before. Maybe not a lot, but less.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2015
    So many opinions in the OP, presented as outright fact!

I like the game. I wish I had more time to play it. I've been wishing that all day, and popping in here between bouts of work hasn't helped. I suspect that there's less disappointment out there than these forums make it feel like. I've been seeing lots more positive comment from new members here lately too.

Things are fine. Games you don't like aren't so much fun, but games you do are, and now there are more Sims flavours to choose from. It's all good.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    You post this same exact comment on every other post.
    giphy.gif

bc7.png
    So you now have to pay for something that should have been in the base game?

With the patch, you get toddlers with no cost - you get the basic supplements for toddlers - some toys, clothes, and all that; if you want to have more toddler stuff, that is what the expansion is for. ;)
  • Options
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    The truth is that Sims 4 disappointed me. I expected more.

But hear me out please.
    EA made a similar mistake a few years back. After superb DA:O they made pathetic and disappointing DA2. And last year, just a couple of months after Sims 4, DA3 was released and that's one spectacular game.

So make no mistake. You can't make every title a smashhit and sometimes the game won't be as good as it should.
    We'll get Sims 5 eventually and I bet we'll all love it!

The Sims 5 will be either very good, or very poor, so lets wait until 2019 and see what happens :smiley:
    Anavastia wrote: »
    I think dev's will have to tell us what is in store for the future if there is one. Frankly i still think the base game needs some bulking up to create a greater appeal and some limitations the base game has needs to be tackled to where players don't feel the game is a downgrade. Finally it needs some new material to where it feels like an upgrade and not the same thing you're buying.

when you add in everything together that's quite a lot of work that right now for the next 5 years i dont think they will do.

I think what probably will happen is they'll see how sales go when the first expansion comes, if they win over some fans with that and if they don't they'll decide if they need to focus on putting the content players want in the game or sticking the the newer direction they wanted to go.

I'll hold off my money either way because right now im not feeling sims 4 it just can't live up to my expectations and i gotta see more than just limitations and the answer no when the other two games sims 2 and 3 both give me a yes.

Well said :smile:
    LaAbby wrote: »
    You would think that with a new year, from 2009 - 2014 new technology would surface for them to be able to use and create a game that could put its predecessors under the water.

It's like they created the game somewhere in the early 2000s. They couldn't deliver properly because they got caught up in trying to do a sims social, and something "new" and modern, something totally different.

Agreed 100% :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member

Toddlers will arrive in time when a Family-related expansion is released - possibly in that expansion's patch.

joleaco wrote: »
    The sims 3 disappointed me big time. I didn't have any wow moments, just ugh moments. B)

Different play styles I guess, I still get wow moments even to this very day!
    RoyaiChaos wrote: »
    Sims 4 has already gotten a lot of things back already. It should be fine as long as the trend continues.
    Anyways, TS3 is still more buggy than 4.
    And I'd say there's been a lot less complaints than before. Maybe not a lot, but less.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree, TS3 has few issues for me but I feel there is a lot more they can do with TS4 for it to be at base game standards

I never said TS4 didn't have any issues, I'm just saying that EA has been helping it get better, but there's still a lot that needs to be fixed. If EA continues fixing things at the rate it has been, then I'm fine, as long they keep on fixing things.
  • Options
    giphy.gif

bc7.png

With the patch, you get toddlers with no cost - you get the basic supplements for toddlers - some toys, clothes, and all that; if you want to have more toddler stuff, that is what the expansion is for. ;)

So there will be a toddler patch? My guess is now they are working on content packs such as EPs and GPs, there will be less 'free' stuff as, like any company, they don't want to give away too much. Coding such things takes time, time that costs money, money that can be made from sales and thus, they are not going to give away everything just for free now they are working on EPs
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member

So I'm expected to pay out money to complete all the life stages, what? It feels like a collection of some sort, toddlers being the "rare" item.

If we're expected to pay for Toddlers, I'll wait for a 5$ sale. Try selling me a lifestage, they won't be getting the full dough they expect ...
  • Options
    So there will be a toddler patch? My guess is now they are working on content packs such as EPs and GPs, there will be less 'free' stuff as, like any company, they don't want to give away too much. Coding such things takes time, time that costs money, money that can be made from sales and thus, they are not going to give away everything just for free now they are working on EPs

The SimGurus did state that they were going to still give out free stuff once in awhile.
  • Options
    gamekitten wrote: »
    The Sims 4 lost life and imagination....It became a mobile app on the PC. They should of called it The Sim. You can somewhat work some kind of story out of playing a single sim as long as you don't mind object emotions, worthless traits, annoying whims, silly walks...etc. Get to Work just furthers the example that this is a single sim game...

You shouldn't have to buy dlc, expansions, and etc to better a base game. The base game should stand on its own. The dlc/expansions should add extra life to a game..more play... not fix an incomplete game.

The future? Not sure. Guess it depends if you want to reward the developers for handing out an incomplete game and buy dlc/expansions to make it a bit more complete. It will take some heavy coding and reworking to make this game more than a single sim game..

Another brilliant reply! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    For simmers that went toddlers back you will need to be patient if they are in the work it will be for a generation type expansionpack for the sims4 do not forget that young adults were added in the sims2 uni ep so patience is the keyword here
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    kirby356 wrote: »
    You can tell this game is unsuccessful by looking at these forums. It is literally a ghost town! I have never seen a Sims forum so dead and quiet. I remember TS2 BBS Forum was always active, as well as TS3 forums. I look on these forums and I see the same topics from weeks ago because no one is interested in talking about this mess of a game.

And all the TS4 lovers said that once the first EP comes out it will be different, yet the EP has been announced and the hype is as dead as these forums. If it continues like this, I truly don't see TS4 going very far.

and another excellent reply!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    LaAbby wrote: »
    So I'm expected to pay out money to complete all the life stages, what? It feels like a collection of some sort, toddlers being the "rare" item.

If we're expected to pay for Toddlers, I'll wait for a 5$ sale. Try selling me a lifestage, they won't be getting the full dough they expect ...

Toddlers would still feel complete, with still plenty of enough items for them without the need of a expansion for them. :)
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    Oh look, another one of these threads.