Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 six months on...

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    kirby356 wrote: »
    RoyaiChaos wrote: »
    DonLatharo wrote: »
    The Sims 4 is literally one of the biggest disappointments a Sims game has had, it lacks everything. Just because "When EPs" come out it will be the "best" is not a excuse, but rather a way to make yourself feel better about this crap game.

A base game should be finished enough to play on its own. It shouldn't need EPs to feel "complete" so all of your arguments saying so. You are wrong.

An bashing Sims 3 just to feel better about Sims 4 is not alright either, because you KNOW, you played Sims 3. You KNOW you enjoyed it. So go outside and smell the roses, you might realize something.

Bashing about the Sims 4 to feel better about the Sims 3 is equally as wrong. And, actually, you know, people have different opinions on things. I'm sorry but some people didn't enjoy the sims 3, belive it or not. You can't choose someone's opinions for them.
    People are bashing TS4 because of the numerous issues it has, as well as the huge step-backward it took compared to TS2/TS3. TS3 may not have been everyone's favorite but is HEAPS better than TS4 in terms of building, customization, aesthetics, and gameplay. The open world is the best thing that ever happened to the franchise. It gave the game more life and realism. Made the game feel more like a life simulation and not a cheap dollhouse like TS4 is.

Opinion, not fact. For some player, TS3 was a misstep; for some, TS4 is a misstep. I've seen plenty of players say they like both. People don't actually all like and look for the same things, not even in a life simulation game. What you like is what you like; it's not a right answer to a question that even has one.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The Sims 4 is literally one of the biggest disappointments a Sims game has had, it lacks everything. Just because "When EPs" come out it will be the "best" is not a excuse, but rather a way to make yourself feel better about this crap game.

A base game should be finished enough to play on its own. It shouldn't need EPs to feel "complete" so all of your arguments saying so. You are wrong.

An bashing Sims 3 just to feel better about Sims 4 is not alright either, because you KNOW, you played Sims 3. You KNOW you enjoyed it. So go outside and smell the roses, you might realize something.

Bashing about the Sims 4 to feel better about the Sims 3 is equally as wrong. And, actually, you know, people have different opinions on things. I'm sorry but some people didn't enjoy the sims 3, belive it or not. You can't choose someone's opinions for them.
    People are bashing TS4 because of the numerous issues it has, as well as the huge step-backward it took compared to TS2/TS3. TS3 may not have been everyone's favorite but is HEAPS better than TS4 in terms of building, customization, aesthetics, and gameplay. The open world is the best thing that ever happened to the franchise. It gave the game more life and realism. Made the game feel more like a life simulation and not a cheap dollhouse like TS4 is.

Reply of the week!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    Oh look, another one of these threads.
    Oh look another one of these comments telling people what to post and what not to post. You knew what this thread was when you saw the title, yet you come here to post a flame-baiting comment.
    Colten =/= EA. You have no evidence that EA is going to make us pay for toddlers, don't complain about them if they haven't done anything. So far, all paid content has been things we've paid for in the past.
    I'm sorry but are you really that naive to think that EA, and the money-hungry company it is, would give out toddlers for free? Please...

You can't complain about something you assume someone will do. You can complain that they would be a horrible company if they did that. But you can't act like they already did it.
    Anyone who's been with this series since TS1 knows exactly how EA has ruined this franchise. They have been taking advantage of their consumers for some time now, which is why they've been named 'Worst Company of the Year' twice in a row!

EA cares about money, like any company. With toddlers in high demand, why do you think they would give it to us for free when they could potentially make money by selling it in an EP? Think about it.
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    colton147 wrote: »

EA is very money-hungry, but Maxis is not. ;)

Biggest BS EVER. THey are a million to billion dollar company. They are money hungry.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member

Were you aiming this comment at someone in particular or is it just a general comment to everyone who played TS3? I can tell you without a word of a lie, I did not enjoy TS3!!

I also did not visit the forums and tell everybody who did enjoy it that they were wrong. I actually did not visit the forums - such was my disappointment. I bought a few EPS to make it better, but it did not for me. Clearly the game was fantastic for other people, I did not know this at the time, I kept seeing new EP and SP turn up in stores and thought "are people still buying this carp?" Lol.

But anyway, what I am trying to say is, TS4 is obviously is not for you, just like TS3 was obviously not for me. You like TS3, I like TS4 - which of us is wrong?
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member

Opinion, not fact. For some player, TS3 was a misstep; for some, TS4 is a misstep. I've seen plenty of players say they like both. People don't actually all like and look for the same things, not even in a life simulation game. What you like is what you like; it's not a right answer to a question that even has one.

Can I just thank you for everything you have done on these forums. Your posts all honestly make my day.
  • Options

High five!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

Even though everyone didn't like Sims 3, it wasn't as bad as Sims 4 by far. The game doesn't have the next big innovation to draw customers and it's showing, the 'innovations' are half-done and not even worthy of a sequel. Sims 4's sales and reviews alike accurately depict how bad the game is and that it is fundamentally flawed not only by opinion but by design.
  • Options
    Oh look another one of these comments telling people what to post and what not to post. You knew what this thread was when you saw the title, yet you come here to post a flame-baiting comment.
    Colten =/= EA. You have no evidence that EA is going to make us pay for toddlers, don't complain about them if they haven't done anything. So far, all paid content has been things we've paid for in the past.
    I'm sorry but are you really that naive to think that EA, and the money-hungry company it is, would give out toddlers for free? Please...

You can't complain about something you assume someone will do. You can complain that they would be a horrible company if they did that. But you can't act like they already did it.
    Anyone who's been with this series since TS1 knows exactly how EA has ruined this franchise. They have been taking advantage of their consumers for some time now, which is why they've been named 'Worst Company of the Year' twice in a row!

EA cares about money, like any company. With toddlers in high demand, why do you think they would give it to us for free when they could potentially make money by selling it in an EP? Think about it.

*Bows down*
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

I never said it wouldn't happen. I'm just saying you shouldn't complain about something that doesn't exist.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Even though everyone didn't like Sims 3, it wasn't as bad as Sims 4 by far. The game doesn't have the next big innovation to draw customers and it's showing, the 'innovations' are half-done and not even worthy of a sequel. Sims 4's sales and reviews alike accurately depict how bad the game is and that it is fundamentally flawed not only by opinion but by design.

If you go anywhere and read articles about S4 and read the comment section, there is more disappointment and backlash on S4.
    People may like it, but in terms of volume, it's speaking loud and clear that it has more disappointment then praise.
  • Options

Another well said reply :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    LaAbby wrote: »

If you go anywhere and read articles about S4 and read the comment section, there is more disappointment and backlash on S4.
    People may like it, but in terms of volume, it's speaking loud and clear that it has more disappointment then praise.

Agreed. I see one praise thread for every 5 negative threads while TS3, had one or two negatives against 5 or 6 praises and that seemed to be the case in TS1 & Ts2 as well
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I just want to say ... I am not bashing EA/Maxis. It is the truth. Everything I said is truth. I have gritted my teeth and played this game more than it deserves (what can I say, I love my fiancé)... Everything I mentioned in the past few days is stone cold hard to accept truth. There are some things I don't like about Sims 3 but it wasn't a failure and I did enjoy playing it. Sims 2 spoiled me because to me and this is an opinion is was the best of Sims .. a true life stimulator.

I am not bashing T4 I am telling you the truth about the game. It is fact. Now if you love incomplete games and mobile apps on your PC ...cheers for you! I am happy for you, even if the mother part of me wants to give you lecture on it.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Apparently, EA thinks computer games = mobile games :\
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member

High five!

Do you think everyone enjoyed TS3 and are just lying about disliking it? I think there are some people who actually think that. Just like there are some people (not saying you) who think that people are lying when they say they are enjoying TS4.

Actually, anyone can answer this question because I am interested if people are actually thinking this.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member

Well some people bash The Sims 3 because Open World caused them heaps of problems.
    Yeah because of your computer. The biggest misconception is that an open world causes trouble when it all really has to do with your computer.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    joleaco wrote: »

High five!

Do you think everyone enjoyed TS3 and are just lying about disliking it? I think there are some people who actually think that. Just like there are some people (not saying you) who think that people are lying when they say they are enjoying TS4.

Actually, anyone can answer this question because I am interested if people are actually thinking this.

No, nothing in this world is ever liked 100%. There's always two sides to everything.

Even with TS2 there's bound to be people who didn't like it.
  • Options

Well some people bash The Sims 3 because Open World caused them heaps of problems.
    Yeah because of your computer. The biggest misconception is that an open world causes trouble when it all really has to do with your computer.

Taken the words out of my mouth. I know for a fact that Open World runs well on decent PCs. My PC is coming up for four years old, can run any base, EP or store world without a hitch and can even run my massive 355 lot, 300 Sim, 120.948 KB world fairly well although, for the latter, I do reply on mods and are more carful, avoiding long play times, reg saves ect but I have seen to pros and cons of open world, and the cons are when running at low end
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    I just want to say ... I am not bashing EA/Maxis. It is the truth. Everything I said is truth. I have gritted my teeth and played this game more than it deserves (what can I say, I love my fiancé)... Everything I mentioned in the past few days is stone cold hard to accept truth. There are some things I don't like about Sims 3 but it wasn't a failure and I did enjoy playing it. Sims 2 spoiled me because to me and this is an opinion is was the best of Sims .. a true life stimulator.

I am not bashing T4 I am telling you the truth about the game. It is fact. Now if you love incomplete games and mobile apps on your PC ...cheers for you! I am happy for you, even if the mother part of me wants to give you lecture on it.
    So, you're not bashing Sims 4. You're just bashing people who like it (while patting them on the head so it will hurt less).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

But why should I have to buy an above-average computer to play it? I can run pretty much all other games I play on max settings.
    Edit: This is getting off the point, The Sims 3 is a fine game, but like The Sims 4 it has its problems.
  • Options
    Deandra TheNewGirlDeandra TheNewGirl Posts: 384 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    Apparently, EA thinks computer games = mobile games :\
    Except mobile games are better and cheaper. #FreePlay
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    gamekitten wrote: »

So am I lying when I say I like The Sims 4 and feel like it's a complete game perfect for the PC?
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    edited March 2015
    Nevermind.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member

There were issues with routing and some houses that housed NPCs.. but there were work arounds. The car build up was real. The Sims 3 was not optimized each time a stuff pack or expansions came out causing some issues.

I have a high end computer that I use to use for high graphical art programs that demanded a high end machine. The renders alone would lag out on normal machines. So, I did have lag issues until I got Twallan's mods and reworked maps and destroyed a few NPCs home.

They were fixable.