Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    em.em. Posts: 20 Member
    PLEASE give us a patch that will allow us to influence the gender of the object babies. I am only having girls no matter what I try. Also I miss the realistic genetics of the sims 2. Please bring back realistic genetics. If I have a (first gen) redhead and brown haired couple make babies, it is far more likely that most, if not all, of the children will have brown hair. But the grandchildren will have a better shot at having red hair since its part of their parents genetics even if it is not the phenotype. Really miss those realistic genetics. I now have a rather large population of redheaded women roaming my sims world.
  • Options
    Boon81Boon81 Posts: 25 Member
    [quote="em.;13338868"]PLEASE give us a patch that will allow us to influence the gender of the object babies. I am only having girls no matter what I try. Also I miss the realistic genetics of the sims 2. Please bring back realistic genetics. If I have a (first gen) redhead and brown haired couple make babies, it is far more likely that most, if not all, of the children will have brown hair. But the grandchildren will have a better shot at having red hair since its part of their parents genetics even if it is not the phenotype. Really miss those realistic genetics. I now have a rather large population of redheaded women roaming my sims world.[/quote]

Try blowing off when your 2 white sims have a black baby. Thought it was funny at first now all the family has changed skin tone. I can get over the hair that can be changed but skin can't. Going to test genetics soon on skin codes and see if it was a fluke or something broken. Bread the blacks back white that like I had to do in other sims.
  • Options
    Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    What you liked
    -I like that the sims have emotions
    -I like the building mode
    -I like CAS
    -I like how our sims looks alike.
    -I like that the sims 4 is more realistic
    -I like the pools

What you didn't like
    -I didn't like loading screens (closed world)
    -This game is more realistic.Right?So where are the toddlers?
    -The worlds are too small

Suggestions?
    -Open world (not with loading screens)
    -Toddlers
    -Create a world tool(so we can create our world)
    -Maybe pre-teens
    -More floors.Five or six floors.Not three floors.
    -Relaease the sims 4 get to work tomorow (kidding)

Overall thoughts?
    In general this is the best sims game.Not good is that I missed toddlers and open world.
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• Options
    FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    I really really really want the doorbell back. Knocking on the door is not working for me if the house is big you can't hear it.
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    I put all of my feedback in one single thread because there was a lot of it. Sorry for the massive walls of text but I thought it would help, and I at least tried to make it funny.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814054/build-buy-added-sims-4-free-trail-feedback-extremely-detailed-with-pictures/p1
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    auricio288auricio288 Posts: 149 Member
    I really want my Sims watching TV on bed again. Hope they bring back this feature.
    Zvt4d0O.gif
  • Options
    tanner2020tanner2020 Posts: 1 New Member
    What I liked:
    1. The improved "Create a Sim". It's quite fun playing around with this, I must admit.
    2. How quick it is to save the game.

What I didn't like:
    1. How you have to go to the loading screen whenever changing lots. It is annoying.
    2. The game controls are harder to reach. If you are like me, you are used to the Sims 3 controls which are easy to reach. The Sims 4 controls are only reachable when you click the button to show them. This gets annoying. Sims 3 was overall easier to navigate through.
    3. You cannot see the world as a whole, as you could in ts3. It is frustrating for me.
    4. You cannot see your sims actually go to work. You click a button, great. But you don't see your sim actually walking into work, you cannot catch co-workers on their way out of work.
    5. I would love to see an Exchange for ts4. That was the only thing that kept ts3 interesting for me.

Overall thoughts: To be honest, I hate this game. The Sims 3 was soo much more interesting. I am really annoyed that EA has talked so highly of this game. I do not know how they thought users would react to the inability to navigate through a world with ease. I am extremely 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I wasted 47 bucks on this game. I am praying the reason for the negatives in the game, is because it is still early. I truly hope EA updates this game and brings back the same format the Sims 3 was. The game just makes me so bad. I want to achieve, yet I cannot see how my sim is achieving. The whole, going back and forth between "worlds" is an horrible idea. I cannot express to EA enough, BRING BACK THE SIMS 3 FORMATTING, WORLD WISE. Buying this game was a mistake. I am not going to list suggestions, for I feel all of my suggestions are just fixing what I do not like about this game. This game would be more enjoyable if they just got rid of those worlds and the loading screen between houses, for gods sake. :s
  • Options
    lenelovlenelov Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 2015
    I haven't gotten past building mode yet, but here are some feedback:

Positive feedback:
    - I like that you can do more to personalise your characters (but it's not easy to just make small adjustments!) The contouring feature is really nice!
    - I like that you have keyboard shortcuts for tools that they show the letter assigned when you hold your marker over them.

Negative feedback:
    1. Not portable computer friendly. Difficult to navigate the camera controls, especially the tilt up and down function.
    2. When you use the "top down" camera angle, you don't really see it top down, more like a really high up diagonal angle, that makes it difficult when you need to align things when building.
    3. I miss the design button where you can customise fabric, pattern and colour, the new design tool only let you change colour.
    4. I miss being able to make half floors so that you can make a creative house. The place foundation then delete function just doesn't cut it.
    5. This game has gotten so animated, it is like you made your whole realistic touch and just made it all cartoons.
    6. The clothing compartment is extremely limited! I could hardly find anything nice. I feel like I've bought an app for a dollar and you have to buy all the extra stuff, but without the extra stuff.
    7. The hairstyles are so unnatural, It looks like the hair is hovering above the sims head. And don't get me started on the eyelashes! Shame on you!
    8. Is not possible to delete part of the floor, either you have to delete the entire floor or keep it. Makes it difficult to change things later on. This is one of my main issues with build mode!
    9.Should be able to place stuff off grid! When you have a 3 square wall but can't place a door in the middle. This is also one of my main issues! This was possible to do in the sims 3 when you used a cheat. Now it is only possible to move objects vertically, not horizontally. To move objects horizontally is most important for me when it comes to building a home!
    10. In the sims 3 you could move the camera with dragging your mouse point to the edges, this is now only possible to the right and left, but not up and down.
    11. The camera jumps when you try to focus on something, When you zoom in to get a good look at something, the camera jumps down, and when you try to bring it back up it jumps back to its original position. This is really difficult when you are working on something detailed.
    12. I have yet to see normal wallpapers and wood panels on the sims ever. It wouldn't hurt to have more colour options. When I come to think of it I have yet to see the colour white on any type of wallpaper, you only get this kind of yellowish white or pale grey or light brown, never white. I could fix that with the design tool, but now that you have removed that from the game, that is no longer possible.

I do hope the game is better than its "build mode", because "build mode" has been a really big disappointment.
    Post edited by lenelov on
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    tanner2020 wrote: »
    5. I would love to see an Exchange for ts4. That was the only thing that kept ts3 interesting for me.
    Have you checked the Gallery in-game?

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AESTHETICEAESTHETICE Posts: 4 New Member
    What I liked:
    - the new animation; is really simple and claylike but it has such a nicer feel to it than Sims 3 in my opinion.
    - loading time; is soooooooo fast
    - furniture; I really like most of the furniture; but there were a lack of variety in sofas and ceiling lights.
    - party/date events; I like how they make them more challenging with criterion to fill be filled before the event ends, but some are just so difficult, like having many sims dance at the same time, when I only control 1 or 2.
    - school tasks; I see quite a few Simmers disliking this feature, but it makes it more challenging to get my kids A's, and I like how uneasy that is.

What I didn't like:
    - absence of colour wheel and material customisation
    - leftover food system; I just dislike the window having to pop up all the time, instead of the previous games' style.
    - no difference in height for teen, young adults and adults; it was so confusing trying to get my sims to find potential mates before their new update (which showed their age group when you hovered over the sims).
    - too little sofas
    - no basement and no way to make hills or beveled lots; which makes creating homes a little boring after a while, not having that feature to experiment with.
    - I really like the Sims 3's free roam neighbourhood and was disappointed that they couldn't bring it to TS4 but for the cost of loading time, I suppose it's not that big of a deal to me.

Suggestions?
    - apart from adding on a colour wheel (at least) and the ability to shape the ground on the lots, I'd also suggest the addition of non-traditional career option, such as freedom-fighter, ooh, and maybe a maid profession (as an add on to the upcoming get to work EP)

Overall thoughts?
    - great job, I really think this is one of the best sims games, despite lacking some of the best features as outlines in my suggestions.
  • Options
    ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    A few more comments about the game:

Don't like:
    - No basement
    - No toddlers
    - Teen sims look like YA.
    - Camera controls (even changing it to TS3, it's not the same, the up/down doesn't work properly)
    - No store items? (or not there yet?)
    - Jogging doesn't work with closed worlds
    - Boring... nothing to do (almost no community lots)
    - No colors wheels (build and cas modes). All the individual touch is gone...
    - No possibility to edit town?

Like:
    - Interactions among the sims
    - The game doesn't crash
    - Graphics

Suggestions:
    The game's just out... still time to add many of the good suggestions I read in this thread.
    I uninstalled it myself since I don't keep games I don't play in my pc. And of course I won't buy any expansion unless there'll be really good changes. I'll keep one eye on it, hoping for good news! :)
  • Options
    UrbzUrbz Posts: 3 New Member
    What engine was the urbz sims made with?
    Sorry I'm completely irrelevant
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,436 Member
    There needs to be a way to distinguish from couples and relatives in the gallery. If the uploader doesnt mention if the sims are brother and sister or married you won't know unless you download them.

• Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    There needs to be a way to distinguish from couples and relatives in the gallery. If the uploader doesnt mention if the sims are brother and sister or married you won't know unless you download them.

Yea i agree too with this as it can be tricky to tell who are siblings and who are couples ect
  • Options
    HaniieeHaniiee Posts: 33 Member
    I have been playing TS 4 for a few months now and I think I have experienced most aspects of the game.

Things I like:
    1. CAS is so much easier to use and I love that you can mold their face and body to exactly the shape you want.
    2. Build mode is much more flexible and makes it much easier to change the house around when you get a bigger family or get bored with the layout you started with.
    3. Load times are much better.
    4. Party/social events. It's much more interactive having to complete goals rather than just chatting and dancing etc. I love trying to beat my last event scores and I like how you receive gifts depending on how well it went.
    5. The goals for school are a good addition. In previous games it has been too easy to get and maintain an 'A' grade for the children.
    6. I like that you can sell collectibles for money but you still keep the achievement for finding them.
    7. The secret lots! I have only got into Sylvan Glade so far, but I love it. It's really well designed.

Things I dislike:
    3. The absence of a colour wheel. Although I appreciate it has made room for other features to be added instead, not all items come with optional colours. Some of them are just one colour which can limit which items you can place in your home.
    4. Teen/YA/Adult all being the same height, body type. It is really difficult to distinguish between the age ranges now because everyone is the same height.
    5. I like the gallery but I think there needs to be a section added in the future for hairstyles, clothing etc like TS2/3 had with the exchange.
    6. There isn't a lot of choice for ceiling lights or sofas.
    7. There is a bug that prevents sims taking their partner's surname when the get married. EA have been aware of this since before Christmas (according to another forum thread I saw) but they are yet to fix it. The only way to change it is to use the cheats.
    8. There isn't a good range of community lots and I was surprised that there are no diners/restaurants at all in this game. Perhaps they will be added with expansion/game packs.
    9. Although I like Sylvan Glade (secret lot) there could have been more than one exclusive rare fish to find! Harsh :(

Overall:

If I was rating it I would give 7.5 out of 10. A better than average start but plenty to improve on! The EP Get To Work looks amazing and I'm really excited to play that, but I WILL NOT be paying £30 for it! Looks like i'll be waiting a few months more for it to drop to a reasonable price.
  • Options
    JamSimmiesJamSimmies Posts: 16 New Member
    edited February 2015
    Share:

What you liked:

the sims can go to work during pregnancy and also have more than one outfit during pregnancy.
    the body shape can be adjusted.
    the sims can multitask (sit on toilet and talk on cell phone)
    the sims have personality options

What you didn't like
    the sims are too cartoon looking
    the career cars are invisible
    the maid is invisible
    No nanny
    Build mode is just too difficult, TS2 was easier
    the main menu map is sad, what is it 5 lots you can use? Thats just cruel.

Suggestions?
    bring back:
    garages, driveways and cars
    home telephones
    automatic roof
    more lots both community and home
    ability to slim faces down more
    florist that one was fun.
    Stylist,
    furniture maker (plates etc) was fun too.

My career list would be

*Photographer
    *Movie career (screenwriter, producer, director etc)
    *Life coach (available for Sims to call & use, have homework, gain aspiration points etc)

I think we should have an option to either go to work with Sim (actually inside) or let them be gone for those hours.
    If we choose to go to work with them let it be a series of options like the ones we get while they are away and some
    work task like bake 200 cakes, serve 50 customers, create 25 new toys etc. Like those time management games
    (ie: Hotdog hotshot, flo's diner) and curtail it to the career specifics. Not everyone wants to do the full 8 hr shift
    with their sims. LOL. but it would be nice to have the option to.

Overall thoughts?

I love the sims and I look forward to new stuff with this generation but we need some more
    creative stuff and room to breath/build in the worlds
    Post edited by JamSimmies on
  • Options
    ShannonSimsFanShannonSimsFan Posts: 67 Member
    I am a huge fan of Sims 4. I love: the animation style, the zany fun, the look, the ease of loading and maintaining the game, so many details of how the sims act, the more challenging work and school goals, the desert world Oasis Springs, Granite Falls, the group activities, the multi-tasking, the social nature of the sims themselves (but more introverted traits to change that up would be nice). Build mode is amazing, as is CAS. The amount of options with the base game and first gamepack are quite nice, in my opinion.

There are only three things (besides normal EP type things like weather and attraction) that are currently hard to live without in Sims 4:

1. Toddlers (yes, it is so hard to keep a timeline going when kids jump from 6 months old to 4 years old in a single bound out of the bassinet!)
    2. Terrain heights on lots
    3. Editable neighborhoods (which I am willing to wait years for, just really hope it comes eventually.)

And I always preferred the personality point system of Sims 2 to the traits system, I wish you could add that back in somehow!
    banner_zpsq7jv57ue.png
    Take Me to the Moon: A Sims 4 Legacy-Style Story
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Can the sims team please put in an option to change how many lots we have active/loaded at one time? My computer could handle loading an entire neighbourhood. I'd like to have that option to avoid so many loading screens.

I also still don't approve of making the game 32-bit. I know that ship has sailed but I needed to state it for the record.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    HaniieeHaniiee Posts: 33 Member
    > I think we should have an option to either go to work with Sim (actually inside) or let them be gone for those hours.
    > If we choose to go to work with them let it be a series of options like the ones we get while they are away and some
    > work task like bake 200 cakes, serve 50 customers, create 25 new toys etc. Like those time management games
    > (ie: Hotdog hotshot, flo's diner) and curtail it to the career specifics. Not everyone wants to do the full 8 hr shift
    > with their sims. LOL. but it would be nice to have the option to.

These features are coming in April in the Get To Work expansion pack. You can be a Detective, Doctor or Inventor or you can start your own business like TS2.
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    If I wanted to play a time management game I would buy one. I don't and I won't. I want to play a sandbox with room for creativity. Please EA don't make me have to reach a goal of "serve 50 customers" to be "successful"
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Shaobun wrote: »
    Can the sims team please put in an option to change how many lots we have active/loaded at one time? My computer could handle loading an entire neighbourhood. I'd like to have that option to avoid so many loading screens.

I also still don't approve of making the game 32-bit. I know that ship has sailed but I needed to state it for the record.
    Shaobun wrote: »
    If I wanted to play a time management game I would buy one. I don't and I won't. I want to play a sandbox with room for creativity. Please EA don't make me have to reach a goal of "serve 50 customers" to be "successful"

<3
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited February 2015
    1. I like how we can multi-task you should make the waving apart of that, the queue is annoying.

Dislikes & Suggestions

1. You should be able to use the handiness skill to add a doorbell to your door and in a couple different flavors like a gong or the Westminster chime
    2. Door & Gate locking - we need it
    3. Setting a bedroom to a Sim - Need that too
    4. NPC bartenders need those too
    5. No dishwashers, clothing washer and dryers, or trash compactors
    6. No holiday lights - should have gotten that option with the holiday stuff
    7. No long nightgowns - really need it
    8. Need a few additions to the exercise equipment
    A. Exercise bikes
    B. Pull up bar
    9. Exercise choices
    A. Jump rope
    B. Yoga
    C. Meditating
    D. Tai Chi
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    edited February 2015
    Oh y'all wanted feedback? This game sooks! I want to be able to rename sims and have married sims share the same surname (like they've always done since TS1). That's the whole point of doing a legacy - keeping the family name alive!

EDIT: Oh and also...Pancakes? Who da hail has Pancakes as a surname? I want to rename pre-made sims too!
    WsYdHZD.jpg

• Options
    PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    I've only recently starting really playing The Sims 4 (hence why my activity here has picked up a little...)

As like many people here, I've played every previous generation of the game, so it's hard to not have a bias opinion. I do miss some things that haven't been included that were in previous titles, but we can't have it all!

I'm thoroughly impressed by the game. The redesigned build mode is probably a highlight, I can now make houses that don't actually look all that bad, as opposed to other games where it would just be a box. Plus, I've managed to rack up 41 hours of playing so far. Doesn't seem a lot, but between September and the beginning of February, that number was only in single digits. :'(

I just wish the graphics on my laptop were a tiny bit better, then it would make the game so much better for me.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Oh y'all wanted feedback? This game sooks! I want to be able to rename sims and have married sims share the same surname (like they've always done since TS1). That's the whole point of doing a legacy - keeping the family name alive!

EDIT: Oh and also...Pancakes? Who da hail has Pancakes as a surname? I want to rename pre-made sims too!

Use the cas.fulleditmode cheat.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.