Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are you buying GTW or why are you not?

Hello guys, I'm debating in preordering GTW. Just to know what you guys are thinking and maybe your reason will convince me, why are you buying GTW or why are you not?

Thanks.
tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif

Comments

• Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited February 2015
    Most likely I will preorder soon, depending on the confirmation on the following issues
    a. Can sims be criminals instead of just detectives
    b. Can sims be patients instead of doctors
    c. Can sims be customers instead of business owners

If the answer is yes to all, I will jump on it immediately. If the answer is only yes to c. I will still jump :)
  • Options
    JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    I'm buying GTW because I know I'll enjoy the features just as I did with Open for Business. I love the whole concept of having actual control over the careers and having the opportunity to run and manage your own Retail shop. It may not be for everyone but I definitely think this Expansion Pack is one worth buying.
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm buying it because it is quite possibly the most exciting EP I've ever heard of! It has so many things that appeal to me: active careers, getting to see inside the workplace for the first time ever, businesses (eek!) and if that wasn't enough, they're bringing aliens back! They are adding so many things that I loved from the previous instalments, plus some exciting extras. This EP is a dream for me :grin:
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    I pre-ordered yesterday just by seeing the trailers, the game looks like an expansion i would enjoy but then again i buy every Sims game so... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited February 2015
    I don't want to buy more for this series until these things happen.
    The list was longer, but EA has been chipping away at it with patches.

The list:
    - Toddlers/tweens
    - Larger lot sizes
    - Placeable lots
    - A recoloring tool or a better structured CAS styling feature
    CASIDEA.jpg
    - Neighborhoods with more than 5 lots/but I will probably cave to more neighborhood choices
    - Trees more like TS2/TS3 and a little more realistic sky (probably won't happen)
    - Fears and a fear emotion
    - The ability to have private conversations (no townies butting in)
    - Stop it with the multi-tasking musical chairs.

However, it could depend on how deep and fun this expansion is. I am not playing TS4 now as I don't get much enjoyment out of just the base game. Outdoor retreats and Get To Work could get me playing, plus another game pack, but my confidence in the things from my list happening will need to be high. I need to know more about this EP and probably the next game pack. I would like enough content to at least play TS4 while I wait for more EPs.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    TheN0vahTheN0vah Posts: 73 Member
    Well first off i'm getting it because it's the first freakin EP of The Sims 4! And second off, it is basically Open For Business in The Sims 4!
    3o1XJO2.png?1
    Check out my Sims 4: Lets Play on YouTube
    https://youtube.com/channel/UC6nMNPkp6b_dDqj5ebr1IDA
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    I need more information, information that I doubt is going to come in any trailer. I'm interested to see how this pack turns out so I'm looking forward to either a maxis live braodcast or some lets plays after the pack releases to see what it really has to offer and not what they staged in a trailer.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm buying it because I enjoy the game. I am not disappointed in the base or the OR GP. I'm really looking forward to this EP because of how much it seems to have in it and what it will add to my game play. Aside from that, it is the first time in the sims that we will go in to the hospitals and the police department as active careers! To me, that's awesome news!

I think the sims team is doing a great job of working on problems and issues that arise, and they are listening to feedback to make this game more fun for everyone. Is it perfect yet? No, but I think they are trying their best and as the content comes, it will just get better and better.
  • Options
    Boon81Boon81 Posts: 25 Member
    Hope the doctor has some pills to make the emotional swinging stop :p As it is now my Sim can laps 4 emotions just getting up from the couch and going pee.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited February 2015
    i'm buying because i'm a collector so i have to have it. collector sounds better than sim addict
  • Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    The better question is why wouldn't I, it's like OFB 2.0
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I'm not preordering, and I don't know if or when I will be buying. Used to be a given I would pre-order but things changed.

Right now I don't have the kind of relationship with TS4 where I want to put money into an EP (regardless of how awesome it looks) if I am not in love with the base game. I'm still uncertain of whether or not I want to continue with TS4 at all.
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I'm refusing to preorder because I want to see LPs or Twitch streams of the careers and things before I buy.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    RARAW wrote: »
    Hello guys, I'm debating in preordering GTW. Just to know what you guys are thinking and maybe your reason will convince me, why are you buying GTW or why are you not?

Thanks.

Hello :D I love your avi B)

Well I am getting it as soon as i seen the first trailer and we have another on Wednesday and I think we will have at least 3 more for the other careers!

We will have 3 open careers and be able to run our own business too and from the looks of the first trailer there's going to be tons of content and gameplay B)

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I'm not preordering, and I don't know if or when I will be buying. Used to be a given I would pre-order but things changed.

Right now I don't have the kind of relationship with TS4 where I want to put money into an EP (regardless of how awesome it looks) if I am not in love with the base game. I'm still uncertain of whether or not I want to continue with TS4 at all.

Hello Jessa, It's nice to see you :D

I can understand! Its a shame if you did not continue :\

They did cut so much out of the basegame :'(

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member

This is pretty much where I am at right now as well. I haven't even bought Outdoor Retreat yet, I think GTW MIGHT be a step in the right direction, but I just don't have enough confirmed about it (or things adjusted/released for the base game) to jump on board yet. There are a handful of things in regards to expansion and customization I need to see before I casually pick up content at full price.

• Options
    RebcoonRebcoon Posts: 157 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

The list:
    - Toddlers/tweens
    - Larger lot sizes
    - Placeable lots
    CASIDEA.jpg
    - Neighborhoods with more than 5 lots/but I will probably cave to more neighborhood choices
    - Trees more like TS2/TS3 and a little more realistic sky (probably won't happen)

Save your troubles and play sims 3 instead, it sounds like more the game to you :)

And yes I will buy GTW! Sounds like my type of expansion

• Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    I'm buying it because I really like both the base game and Outdoor Retreat. GTW is something I really want in my game so it will only add more to my enjoyment. :)
  • Options
    Sim_Man17Sim_Man17 Posts: 173 Member
    Well. I will need more information on this very expansion pack before I even decide on purchasing it... EA has a history of exaggerating the expansion pack's game play through their trailers... Unfortunately, I believe that this expansion pack is not going to be what everyone is hoping for it to be. We still don't know how the base game careers, for example, the criminal career, will play a role in this upcoming expansion pack. Plus the whole business owning situation just might be a bit downgraded than The Sims 2 Open for Business. What if it is just an upgraded version of The Sims 3 Store's Savvy Seller's Collection? What if we can't sell collected items like Frogs, Gems, and so on? I'll just wait until it comes out and some reviewers have decided to take a grab at it. Who knows? It just might convince me to buy the base game. I'm more curious about the science career though.
  • Options
    Lenne42Lenne42 Posts: 80 Member
    > @Alysha1988 said:
    > I need more information, information that I doubt is going to come in any trailer. I'm interested to see how this pack turns out so I'm looking forward to either a maxis live braodcast or some lets plays after the pack releases to see what it really has to offer and not what they staged in a trailer.

Or, if you have the funds, you could just test it out yourselves. I believe Origin gives you 24hr to decide if you want to keep a game you buy from them. That's what I did for Outdoor Retreat. I'm not really all that into camping but I fell in like with granite falls! So I kept it. This is just a simple suggestion to anyone that's on the fence about Get To Work. Although the idea works with pretty much every game. So yea, simply put.
    BUY IT, TRY IT.
    HATE IT, RETURN IT.
    [img][/img]2hf78fn.jpg
    Check out this YouTube Channel! MySimsVideos has Mod Tutorials, Game Reviews & GIVEAWAYS! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HOU-s_hNldYgy86_waGAA?app=desktop&persist_app=1
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I've heard people have had a hard time actually claiming their refunds, so yeah, I'm gonna wait for reviews and LPs and stuff. Let somebody else be the guinea pig. Been burned by EA too many times already.
  • Options
    grnblzgrnblz Posts: 249 Member
    I pre-ordered yesterday from my local Game Stop. Can't wait for this EP. I enjoyed OFB so much in the Sims 2. Can't wait to run my own business & sell things to my neighbors. So excited!!!
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I plan to buy it around the time it comes out just in case there are any discount codes and so I can watch a live stream of it. There's no point for me to pre-order it as there are no benefits to doing so in terms of content.

Owning a business and visiting other shops in addition to new furniture and clothes is what makes me want it.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited February 2015
    beccz96 wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »

The list:
    - Toddlers/tweens
    - Larger lot sizes
    - Placeable lots
    CASIDEA.jpg

Save your troubles and play sims 3 instead, it sounds like more the game to you :)

And yes I will buy GTW! Sounds like my type of expansion

Which is the point of the list and not buying until they happen. :p
    And I am playing TS3 along with a bunch of Steam Games waiting in the wings. I am fully prepared to wait it out and buy it all up at the end at a discount.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Andrew060Andrew060 Posts: 281 Member

This is my opinion entirely
    Andrew - UK Fan and player of the Sims since the year 2000