Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are you buying GTW or why are you not?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Probably won't pre-order, but I'll get it shortly after release. The developers are working hard to provide both new content and to please those people who want old content back; this pack does both with the active careers (and careers that were traditionally rabbit hole jobs) and bringing back the OFB content which was one of the most requested packs in Sims 3 (but evidently wasn't really feasible in an "open world" environment). I'm looking forward to trying out the new careers, but also hoping that if I have an inactive Sim in a career or owning a business, my other Sims will be able to use the services (for example, if there's a doctor Sim then all my families will be able to get treated). It sounds like a pack that's worth a shot, and with potential for future content based on the programming if it works.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I don't want to buy more for this series until these things happen.
    The list was longer, but EA has been chipping away at it with patches.

The list:
    - Toddlers/tweens
    - Larger lot sizes
    - Placeable lots
    - A recoloring tool or a better structured CAS styling feature
    CASIDEA.jpg
    - Neighborhoods with more than 5 lots/but I will probably cave to more neighborhood choices
    - Trees more like TS2/TS3 and a little more realistic sky (probably won't happen)
    - Fears and a fear emotion
    - The ability to have private conversations (no townies butting in)
    - Stop it with the multi-tasking musical chairs.

However, it could depend on how deep and fun this expansion is. I am not playing TS4 now as I don't get much enjoyment out of just the base game. Outdoor retreats and Get To Work could get me playing, plus another game pack, but my confidence in the things from my list happening will need to be high. I need to know more about this EP and probably the next game pack. I would like enough content to at least play TS4 while I wait for more EPs.

I wonder if there might be some sort of mini-CASt (not as extensive as what was in Sims 3) with the ability to set outfits for sale with the OFB content? And the clothes designed with CASt would only be available for purchase at the clothing store then added to your family's dresser for access? Otherwise what's the point of a clothing store when all the clothes are available in the dresser already? That would be a great way to handle the issue.

I honestly don't think we'll get any lots bigger than 50x50, but it would be nice if we could have more of those and the 40x30s. Maybe if we get a third world for residences they'll keep that in mind. I also want a return of apartments, possibly in an entertainment pack that adds restaurants, dance clubs and other entertainment options.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I'm buying the game when it comes out. I've wanted an Open For Business type EP for a very long time. It was my all-time favorite EP in TS2. It didn't quite work in TS3. From the trailer, the graphics look amazing and I'm excited about running a business again. Also the active careers look really cool. We've never had a game that allowed you to really go on the job (in these specific careers).
  • Options
    profanedogprofanedog Posts: 108 Member
    I'm not preordering. I might get it at some point, possibly on a good sale around next fall/winter. I don't dislike the idea of the ep but I feel that work takes up so much of the Sims 4 gameplay right now and there's much less to do outside of work. I would have really enjoyed something along the lines of Sims 3 Late Night or Sims 3 Generations or Sims 2 Freetime right now.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,411 Member
    For more places for our sims to go. The bakery,hospital and shops is a start.

The new hairstyles because I love them.

Because I plan on buying every ep of the sims 4. :p
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    theres a bakery . i didn't know that.
  • Options
    theres a bakery . i didn't know that.

Yes you can run it or npc's can and your sims can eat there.

• Options
    Here is a pic of the bakery
    9gtw_zpsa142a02a.png
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    9gtw_zpsa142a02a.png

i have seen that but i thought it was a cafeteria for the hospital since i didn't know about the bakery.
  • Options
    9gtw_zpsa142a02a.png

i have seen that but i thought it was a cafeteria for the hospital since i didn't know about the bakery.

No it's a bakery but it still may be in the hospital. One of the gurus said it was a bakery.

• Options
    zenrainzenrain Posts: 29 New Member
    Buying. I was a big fan of OFB in The Sims 2 also, and GTW looks like it will expand The Sims 4 world, gameplay and storytelling options considerably. It's probably the most excited I've been about any expansion pack in years.
  • Options
    lilcasscasslilcasscass Posts: 81 Member
    I'm buying and pre-ordering because every Sims game needs a make your own business EP. Sims 2 Nostalgia. And of course anything for my YouTube channel.
  • Options
    ShannonSimsFanShannonSimsFan Posts: 67 Member
    :) I already pre-ordered. Hopefully we'll be able to take playable sims to the hospital, businesses, etc, but even if it's just playing the career itself as an active career, it's still got tons of new content that looks incredible!

I'm timing the aging-up of my current legacy generation to coincide with this expansion, so they can take these jobs!
    banner_zpsq7jv57ue.png
    Take Me to the Moon: A Sims 4 Legacy-Style Story
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    RARAW wrote: »
    why are you buying GTW or why are you not?

The short answer is because it's The Sims.

The longer answer is I don't know whether I'm buying it, but I probably am. It sounds amazing, but EA isn't always honest in how it advertises. Having learned from past experience I'm going to wait & see, and see if I'm patient enough to wait for a sale.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,999 Member
    I've pre-ordered from Game Stop. Pick up on release day. Yes!! I'm getting it because I'm sure it will be a fun and entertaining expansion. Not because it will add life to a boring base game because for me it is not boring, not because I need everything sims related, but simply because it will expand my game play options. Which is what an expansion pack is all about. #Sims4GetToWork
  • Options
    yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    I'll most likely buy it since OFB was my favorite TS2 EP next to Seasons. But like others, I'll probably wait until after it's released to pick it up.
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.