Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long did Sims 4 take to install for you?

Just curious. Mine was a birthday present in September. The same day I bought my sims, I got back from a flight and was pretty jet lagged. Then I had to wait 2-3 hours for it to install. Wasn't very amused, Sims 3 only took an hour or so, another 15 mins for the sims 3 pets.
rbjwwn.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    i have high speed internet so it was like a few minutes. i do think the size of the download for 4 is bigger then 3's base and most EPs typically are smaller in size as well as the base, and size effects time. but i will say compared to others postings yours wasnt as bad as some. some even reported over 5 hrs.
  • Options
    Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    Are we talking about installing the game, or downloading the game? I installed the game from disc, and it only took a couple of minutes. There is no way anything should ever take 3 hours to install. If you meandownload, that on the other hand depends on how fast your internet is.
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    Mine took around 25-30 minutes to download on preload sims 4 (wireless)
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Sims 4 took about 1 and half hours for me to download, and about 1 minute to install.
    Download depends on your download speeds, if you get less then 2 mbps then it will be slow, I get 6.5mbps and others get 20-50mbps. all depends on your ISP and where you are located.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    45 minutes to download the Sims 4. A minute or two installing the Sims 4.

It just depends on your internet connection honestly.
  • Options
    MyDarkSimsMyDarkSims Posts: 534 Member
    1 hour and 45 Mins for sims 4 to download on my laptop.
    tumblr_newjmcFwHD1r2nmjyo1_500.gif

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Downloading and installing took about 45 minutes. As mentioned above, it depends on your internet.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    oliwiazoliwiaz Posts: 253 Member
    edited February 2015
    Nearia35 wrote: »
    Are we talking about installing the game, or downloading the game? I installed the game from disc, and it only took a couple of minutes. There is no way anything should ever take 3 hours to install. If you meandownload, that on the other hand depends on how fast your internet is.

Install. I have the physical copy of the game. It shouldn't take 3 hours to install but it did.

EDIT: I'd like to just add that it isn't my laptop, it was only a few months old at that time.
    rbjwwn.jpg
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    oliwiaz wrote: »

Install. I have the physical copy of the game. It shouldn't take 3 hours to install but it did.

EDIT: I'd like to just add that it isn't my laptop, it was only a few months old at that time.

ahh sorry that means the digital version actually installed, origin is very annoying next time if you ever need to reinstall base or buy another disc for the series first turn off the internet connection to your laptop and the disc will upload.
  • Options
    oliwiazoliwiaz Posts: 253 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    oliwiaz wrote: »

ahh sorry that means the digital version actually installed, origin is very annoying next time if you ever need to reinstall base or buy another disc for the series first turn off the internet connection to your laptop and the disc will upload.

I'll have to give that a go, would be a relief. Thanks! ;)

rbjwwn.jpg
  • Options
    MegidoMegido Posts: 5 New Member
    I've had the luxury of installing it on three different computers on three different networks.
    About an hour to download on my crappy dormitory internet, a few minutes on my high speed home internet and about a day or so over my university's public internet. Each time it only takes a couple of minutes to install.
  • Options
    angelpuppy2angelpuppy2 Posts: 162 Member
    edited February 2015
    it took me overnight. (i have great internet connection btw)
  • Options
    angelpuppy2angelpuppy2 Posts: 162 Member
    Megido wrote: »
    I've had the luxury of installing it on three different computers on three different networks.
    About an hour to download on my crappy dormitory internet, a few minutes on my high speed home internet and about a day or so over my university's public internet. Each time it only takes a couple of minutes to install.

How'd you install it on three computers? I need to reinstall mine on my computer cause my laptop broke and it won't let me use the same product code again.
  • Options
    Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    Megido wrote: »

How'd you install it on three computers? I need to reinstall mine on my computer cause my laptop broke and it won't let me use the same product code again.

It's attached to your Origin account. You just need to install Origin and log into your account to which you registered the game. You'll then be able to re-download and install it on that computer as well. :)
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    On my old computer it took overnight to download (at least 7 hours); I cannot remember how long to install. On my new computer it took maybe 30 minutes to download and just a few minutes to install. Same internet connection/connection speed.
  • Options
    Simmer4LyfeSimmer4Lyfe Posts: 1 New Member
    So far it has taken me 8 hours to download and I still haven't gotten to the Installation stage yet...
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    So far it has taken me 8 hours to download and I still haven't gotten to the Installation stage yet...

I hope that the downloading will be finished for you soon and then you will be able to enjoy playing sims 4 @Simmer4Lyfe. Welcome to the forums :)
    You are invited to visit this thread and introduce yourself.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself

• Options
    thisuksthisuks Posts: 1
    So it took 15 minutes to download but installation has taken 2 days now
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    @thisucks
    Please open a new thread about the issue you're experiencing.
    In the thread post your system specs (press windows_key+R, type dxdiag, hit ok, then export the whole list an put it in a few cosecutive posts).
  • Options
    VanillaAngelzVanillaAngelz Posts: 48 Member
    I'm having to redownload the sims 4 after my computer broke. Its been 30 ish minutes at its at 40%. Its not doing bad actually. Last time it took like 4 hours. I hope i'll get to play soon.. and this time i won't download like 1000 items of cc. I'm sure thats what broke it last time >_<
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    It varies so if I answer, my answer won't be accurate to you.
    We probably have diff wifi, diff PCs and live in diff places. These factors mean download speed for you will vary.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited August 2015
    3 days. It always takes at least 2 days on my internet connection. I don't live that roral (nearest town about 7 minutes away) but my internet is just....ugh. Hoping fibre will get installed soon.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    3 hours, my internet speed is horrible.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited August 2015
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    3 hours, my internet speed is horrible.

@sigzy05 I'm jealous.
  • Options
    MilkySimmerMilkySimmer Posts: 5 New Member
    weird, mine took about 3 hrs to download, i also have a very new computer, got it on birthday and sims 4, im reinstalling right now as it isnt working