Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Announcment TODAY???? Update: No Announcment TODAY????

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »
    And then I look at the WooHoo challenge thread and cringe for those talking about a 'reward' and how they want it --
    Surely another let down. :(

Plot twist: It's open world.

XD
  • Options
    Ladyliberty1301Ladyliberty1301 Posts: 623 Member
    Why did it take them so long to announce the challenge. Ugh but at least it was something. I wonder if it has to be one sim or if it's any you want. I have quite a large sim family. Also I wonder if it's only woohoo or try for baby too?
    origin/gallery Id is Snaffles1301
    Twitter @Snaffles1301
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Well I knew it wouldn't be a download. In the history of sims we never get friday downloads. So I knew at most it would be a new blog, a chat maybe (but that was doubtful with the tuesday thing), a video, a GTW promo pic, or maybe just some new info - but I said many time it would not be a download because Guru's are not usually there on Saturday and if a download went horribly wrong - that could be awkward and why they are generally on Tuesdays - thru Thursdays at the latest.

I am not disappointed because i did not expect it to be anything to add to the game - I only had hope it was info I could smile about coming maybe - but even that was doubtful at this point.

So not really disappointed - in fact not much of emotion one way or the other personally - although I feel badly for those who did think it would be something to smile about. Sorry guys - I do feel for you all who had hopes dashed. I just sort of don't care one way or the other otherwise as far as for myself goes. I sort of figured no matter what it would be seeing it is Valentines day tomorrow my sims would be indifferent about it. They are wearing chastity belts I have mentally bestowed upon them all - so nothing to be unhappy or happy about. Just another challenge that is empty as far as I am concerned.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Well I knew it wouldn't be a download. In the history of sims we never get friday downloads. So I knew at most it would be a new blog, a chat maybe (but that was doubtful with the tuesday thing), a video, a GTW promo pic, or maybe just some new info - but I said many time it would not be a download because Guru's are not usually there on Saturday and if a download went horribly wrong - that could be awkward and why they are generally on Tuesdays - thru Thursdays at the latest.

I am not disappointed because i did not expect it to be anything to add to the game - I only had hope it was info I could smile about coming maybe - but even that was doubtful at this point.

So not really disappointed - in fact not much of emotion one way or the other personally - although I feel badly for those who did think it would be something to smile about. Sorry guys - I do feel for you all who had hopes dashed. I just sort of don't care one way or the other otherwise as far as for myself goes. I sort of figured no matter what it would be seeing it is Valentines day tomorrow my sims would be indifferent about it. They are wearing chastity belts I have mentally bestowed upon them all - so nothing to be unhappy or happy about. Just another challenge that is empty as far as I am concerned.

I'd prefer it if it wasn't focused on woohoo. I'm a little uncomfortable with that to be honest, seems weird given the amount of kids who play. Surely any romantic interactions would have been better?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member

I'd prefer it if it wasn't focused on woohoo. I'm a little uncomfortable with that to be honest, seems weird given the amount of kids who play. Surely any romantic interactions would have been better?

Valentine's Day and woo-hoo seem to fit, to me.

And the woo-hoo in game is quite tame. In fact, I actually wish it was racier, as it was in TS2, where we saw limbs escape the covers and we had that cutaway video for the first time.
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I.... I was expecting a little more than just a silly challenge.
  • Options
    weejohnathonweejohnathon Posts: 10 New Member
    lol the rewards a gnome :(
    although potential for some hairstyles :D
  • Options
    PinkJellyBeansPinkJellyBeans Posts: 219 Member
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »
    And then I look at the WooHoo challenge thread and cringe for those talking about a 'reward' and how they want it --
    Surely another let down. :(

Aaaand it's a gnome. lol Obviously.
    (I always hated those things and now I hate them even more because of EA's obsession with them.)

Possible hairstyles, though. Better than nothing.
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    lol the rewards a gnome :(
    although potential for some hairstyles :D

I hate gnomes. The amount my Sims will woohoo this weekend: 0
  • Options

And the woo-hoo in game is quite tame. In fact, I actually wish it was racier, as it was in TS2, where we saw limbs escape the covers and we had that cutaway video for the first time.

I agree in the wider sense but this challenge only focuses on woohoo. That's my point.
    I think it would be nicer to have a challenge incorporating all romantic interactions, that would be far better.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

I agree in the wider sense but this challenge only focuses on woohoo. That's my point.
    I think it would be nicer to have a challenge incorporating all romantic interactions, that would be far better.

Here's what the blog says:

It’s not all about WooHoo though. We truly want to see love in The Sims 4 flourish. We want your Sims to kiss, find their soul mate, go on dates, have children, and more. When the event ends, we’ll put all of this data together to share with you so we can all enjoy your accomplishments. I can’t wait!

• Options
    VondiitaVondiita Posts: 198 Member
    9a1ZMIZ.png
    f2CVppS.png

I honestly don't care for the gnome,
    but I'm really excited for the snazzy new hairstyles!
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »

It’s not all about WooHoo though. We truly want to see love in The Sims 4 flourish. We want your Sims to kiss, find their soul mate, go on dates, have children, and more. When the event ends, we’ll put all of this data together to share with you so we can all enjoy your accomplishments. I can’t wait!

If that's true, the amount of time I play the Sims 4 this weekend will be : 0 seconds
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    mikmaker wrote: »

If that's true, the amount of time I play the Sims 4 this weekend will be : 0 seconds

So, yeah. My new Sims 3 game is calling to me.

Can they PLEASE quit treating the whole subject as a sport? I thought the fist bump beforehand was bad.

• Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    Sims 2 weekend?
    Heck yeah!
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    Vondiita wrote: »
    9a1ZMIZ.png
    f2CVppS.png

I honestly don't care for the gnome,
    but I'm really excited for the snazzy new hairstyles!

No Owen Shaw? Hmmph! Forget this challenge...
    tumblr_msrnr2Ugd61sb2u7eo1_500.gif

LOL!
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited February 2015
    Planned on building a new house this weekend in TS4 but suddenly I have the urge to play TS3 instead.

Edit: And binge watch Grey's Anatomy.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Vondiita wrote: »
    9a1ZMIZ.png
    f2CVppS.png

If that gnome will be patched in, I will make a room in the garden witout a door, put all the gnomes (nakëd gnome too), place a fireplace in it and wait >:)
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    My reaction to this announcement....
    headdesk.jpg
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    headdesk.jpg

Exactly, Easy but I tried to play along. :sweat_smile:
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Oooooo Hairstyles :D
  • Options
    Yep, again a topic to cover the first page ;)
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    headdesk.jpg

Exactly, Easy but I tried to play along. :sweat_smile:
    I would play along but I can't stand this game. :sweat_smile:
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options

I point to @jaxie086 post here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/815260/woohoo-weekend-challenge/p6 because it's promising it just through woohoo interactions. It doesn't count all romantic interactions.
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    headdesk.jpg

Yep. Me too.