Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

over lapping music?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    This used to happen to me on my old computer, which makes me think it has something to do with memory or other specs. I had no custom music. It would happen if the initially loading screen was too long, or if I lingered in the gallery or in build/buy mode too long. Since getting the new computer, I have not had this problem.
  • Options
    taatelimiestaatelimies Posts: 105 Member
    edited February 2015
    Happens to me, too, occasionally. It mostly happens with custom music playing from the radio (mostly Ellie Goulding blasting in all modes). It's not that big of an issue for me, I just relaunch the game to fix it.
    Origin ID: pinkb4tman | PSN: otttoe
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    JoBass24us wrote: »
    I wonder if any of you have a wall speaker? I've had this issue and I noticed that even when its not turned on by me or my sims it will still play music. I have to click on it, turn it on and then click again to turn it off. It will solve it for the time being but it starts to happen again. My solution is not to use them and I have not had problems since deleting them from my game.

Interesting, because my issue was a case of the actual game soundtrack overlapping, like the main menu music stays on when I get to my family in live mode, then I go to build mode and that music is playing to. Well that's the problem I was having anyway, it seems to have been gone for sometime now.
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited February 2015
    I've never used a wall speaker outside of editing the gallery* to allow for proper weddings where I placed a couple of classical ones in adjoining rooms to the main hall near the bar/kitchen areas I added.

edit~ gallery meaning museum lot.
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Yea ive started to get this issue too i never used to get it. Mostly in CAS
  • Options
    ureshii_waureshii_wa Posts: 598 Member
    edited April 2015
    ''.''
    Post edited by ureshii_wa on
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    Senbre wrote: »
    :) is too "expensive and difficult" to fix

Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited March 2015
    Badmagic wrote: »
    Well, I know its not a comfort to anyone but, on the bright side if its not a direct cause I can put my custom music back so... thats nice... I guess... for me. :\

Yep, put it back. I have cc of any kind and no mods and I still have the issue. And it happens after using gallery, manage world, loading a game, after using build mode so there does not seem to be a defined trigger.

kim :/

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Ugh I've had this happened many times. Kinda annoying.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    BlastboomBlastboom Posts: 175 Member
    This just happened to me today, it started when i exited out of CAS and didn't stop until i quit the game. Quite annoying.
  • Options
    ThatSwaggieThatSwaggie Posts: 255 Member
    I usually have to restart the game to stop the music from over-lapping
    tumblr_nuspl0ybfb1u94f66o4_540.gif

• Options
    Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
    This overlapping music bug is really killing the game's awesome music. Especially the dynamic tracks we get in Build Mode and CAS. I hope it gets sorted out soon.
  • Options
    Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
    This overlapping music bug is really killing the game's awesome music. Especially the dynamic tracks we get in Build Mode and CAS. I hope it gets sorted out soon.
  • Options
    katina92katina92 Posts: 33 Member
    Strange... I just noticed a few days ago that my 'overlapping' music bug hasn't happened in ages... i assumed it was fixed for me
    ill go into the gallery a lot more to test it
  • Options
    celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    nhulhihhb wrote: »
    hey

sometimes in my game I have two or more soundtracks playing at the same time and when I go into live mode it doesn't stop. is there a fix to this or prevention?

thankyou :)

happens to me too, I have to shut the whole game down. it's the starting music that keeps playing when i enter a lot
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Happened to me yesterday while the load screen was loading after 3 Sims of my household traveled to another lot.
  • Options
    ChazLee86ChazLee86 Posts: 296 Member
    I've had it a couple of times too..never thought to just turn music off :|

Reloading usually does the trick...my loading time is pretty fast, so not too much of chore but a fix would be nice
    http://sims4100babies.blogspot.co.uk/ Check it out! Enjoy as the drama unravels...