Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need a Name for Your Sim?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SylvSylv Posts: 885 Member
    @Graycat2000 it totally does sound like that! Hahaha!
    tumblr_naeqm3rHmH1tca3q3o1_400.gif
    Origin ID: SylvRo
    Sims 4 Current Household: Generation 11

• Options
    RSully94RSully94 Posts: 212 Member
    I've lately been taking the first letter of members of my family, teachers I've had, and family members of my ex-boyfriend plus friends I know. It works for me.

I tend to use celebrity last names for my challenges as well. In my Sims 2, I have a blonde ambition legacy in affect with the surname being Cyrus. My ABC Legacy has the surname of Tisdale and my black widow Sim has the surname Cosgrove

Other sources for names:
    - Hurricane names (i.e. Roxanne, Opal, Katrina, Camille, Irene, etc.)
    - Weakest Link episodes (i.e. Rocki, Misti, Annalise, Celina, Heidi, Randi, Shauna, Cydnei, etc.)
  • Options
    Graycat2000Graycat2000 Posts: 304 Member
    Roxanne Cydnei.. I like that :)
  • Options
    @RSully94 I've never tried using celebs as sources for last names, though it could work. I like Cosgrove (Miranda Cosgrove I'm assuming?)

• Options
    RSully94RSully94 Posts: 212 Member
    @RSully94 I've never tried using celebs as sources for last names, though it could work. I like Cosgrove (Miranda Cosgrove I'm assuming?)

Yep.

I mainly use them because they're not typical last names and they make me more invested in my challenges, because I'm personally connected to them that way.

• Options
    RSully94 wrote: »

Yep.

I mainly use them because they're not typical last names and they make me more invested in my challenges, because I'm personally connected to them that way.

That's true not many people use them because they don't want people saying they're trying to copy a celebrity, so it is a good source for where to get ideas.

• Options
    MewMew Posts: 93 Member
    > @SimmySammyWammy said:
    > Hey there!
    > So I know we've all been at that point in playing the Sims where we just have no ideas whatsoever on what to name our Sim, whether that be just a first name or a last name. I'm more aiming for last names, since I like really creative names for my Sims (especially for Legacies), but if you have any unique first names, feel free to advertise them as well. What my friend and I do is we usually just put two random things together to create a unique last name.
    > i.e. Cineplex + Ginger = Cinger
    > Dill + Poppy = Dippy
    > Kitten + Hamburger = Hambitten
    > I tend to just look around my surrounding area for ideas on things to put together. It's a lot of fun and I'd like to see what other people can come up with. I also hope this will help give fellow Simmers ideas.

That's a good idea for coming up with names! I usually end up just sitting there thinking about it...
    I also keep a list of names that I've come across that I like. I'll share a few with you guys.

Female:
    Kaia
    Shenzi (The Lion King is my favorite movie)
    Cerise (means cherry in French)
    Yuna (from FFX)
    Esha (it's a name of Indian origin)

Male:
    Esmourd
    Percival
    Emsbry (from How I Met Your Mother XD)
    Vasu (of Indian origin)

Surnames:
    Poersch (pronounced "perch", of German origin)
    Roepke (pronounced "ripkey", also German)

I'm not sure if those surnames are pronounced their German way or their Americanized way because they came from my grandma's parents' cemetery. They're from a small town of German descent in Kansas.
    mew~
    Scz0hyy.gif
  • Options
    Mew wrote: »
    > @SimmySammyWammy said:<br />
    > Hey there!<br />
    > So I know we've all been at that point in playing the Sims where we just have no ideas whatsoever on what to name our Sim, whether that be just a first name or a last name. I'm more aiming for last names, since I like really creative names for my Sims (especially for Legacies), but if you have any unique first names, feel free to advertise them as well. What my friend and I do is we usually just put two random things together to create a unique last name.<br />
    > i.e. Cineplex + Ginger = Cinger<br />
    > Dill + Poppy = Dippy<br />
    > Kitten + Hamburger = Hambitten<br />
    > I tend to just look around my surrounding area for ideas on things to put together. It's a lot of fun and I'd like to see what other people can come up with. I also hope this will help give fellow Simmers ideas.<br />
    <br />
    That's a good idea for coming up with names! I usually end up just sitting there thinking about it...<br />
    I also keep a list of names that I've come across that I like. I'll share a few with you guys.<br />
    <br />
    Female:<br />
    Kaia<br />
    Shenzi (The Lion King is my favorite movie)<br />
    Cerise (means cherry in French)<br />
    Yuna (from FFX)<br />
    Esha (it's a name of Indian origin)<br />
    <br />
    Male:<br />
    Esmourd<br />
    Percival<br />
    Emsbry (from How I Met Your Mother XD)<br />
    Vasu (of Indian origin)<br />
    <br />
    Surnames:<br />
    Poersch (pronounced "perch", of German origin)<br />
    Roepke (pronounced "ripkey", also German)<br />
    <br />
    I'm not sure if those surnames are pronounced their German way or their Americanized way because they came from my grandma's parents' cemetery. They're from a small town of German descent in Kansas.
    That's really cool @Mew! I love Esha for a girls name.

• Options
    GoldpuffleGoldpuffle Posts: 1,872 Member
    Now I have a question about what to name my new Disney Legacy Son?
    (Also, awesome thread @SimmySammyWammy‌)

So I have a Legacy Going on and this is my third kid, I have been looking at names on the internet but I don't know if any of them would. Their Last Name is Peterson. If anyone could think of any names please let me know.

giphy.gif[img][/img]
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Goldpuffle wrote: »
    Now I have a question about what to name my new Disney Legacy Son?
    (Also, awesome thread @SimmySammyWammy‌)

So I have a Legacy Going on and this is my third kid, I have been looking at names on the internet but I don't know if any of them would. Their Last Name is Peterson. If anyone could think of any names please let me know.
    I have recently been obsessed with the name Margo for a girl. I can look around for a name if it's a boy though. A little tip though for your next generation; having a theme to follow is easy and great. For my Sims 3 Legacy, first generation was named after anything have to with Naturesque things (e.g. Oliver, Jade, Magnolia...) second generation was different Oceans and Lakes, third generation was named after exotic colours (kind of e.g. Celestial, Ivory...) ..etc. It really helps make things easier if you plan ahead like so.

• Options
    GoldpuffleGoldpuffle Posts: 1,872 Member
    Thanks but I finally found names for my boy, but I had twin boys. They don't rhyme but they are adorable. I named them Noah and Uriah!

01-28-15_12-34nbspPM_zpszq91viui.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    I-Am-Unicorn123I-Am-Unicorn123 Posts: 137 Member
    > @Goldpuffle said:
    >
    > [img]

Ellen Peterson/Alfred Peterson
    oh god i really did make this account when I was 11 and it shows
  • Options
    Love those names. Isn't Uriah a character from the Divergent? Love him and the name.

• Options
    LunqsLunqs Posts: 166 Member
    u dont even want to know the kinds of names i was thinking of .0.
    Contract?
    tumblr_m5b80x2g8w1rum37jo1_500.gif

• Options
    Lunqs wrote: »
    u dont even want to know the kinds of names i was thinking of .0.
    I hate to ask, but now I'm incredibly curious.