Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need a Name for Your Sim?

SylvSylv Posts: 885 Member
edited January 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hey there!
So I know we've all been at that point in playing the Sims where we just have no ideas whatsoever on what to name our Sim, whether that be just a first name or a last name. I'm more aiming for last names, since I like really creative names for my Sims (especially for Legacies), but if you have any unique first names, feel free to advertise them as well. What my friend and I do is we usually just put two random things together to create a unique last name.
i.e. Cineplex + Ginger = Cinger
Dill + Poppy = Dippy
Kitten + Hamburger = Hambitten
I tend to just look around my surrounding area for ideas on things to put together. It's a lot of fun and I'd like to see what other people can come up with. I also hope this will help give fellow Simmers ideas.
tumblr_naeqm3rHmH1tca3q3o1_400.gif
Origin ID: SylvRo
Sims 4 Current Household: Generation 11

Post edited by Sylv on

Comments

• Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm going to try that from now on, I'm sick of picking sims last names after neighbours ;L
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    I feel your pain. I've seen and played with enough Smith's to last me a lifetime.

• Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    I really like that idea. I've been playing Sims since Sims 1, and have played so many, I've totally run out of different names. I really like the idea of combining two different names to make one. Thank you for the thought.
  • Options
    TheGirlyGamerTheGirlyGamer Posts: 5 New Member
    I was looking around and saw a curtain cover & computer my sims last name is now Curcomcover
  • Options
    Yes! That's it! You end up with some really different last names. Neurology and fisherman gave me Neuman.

• Options
    AlmaMMAlmaMM Posts: 200 Member
    I'm actually pretty satisfied with TS4's name randomizer, but Hambitten is just 10/10
  • Options
    Thank you, I tried. And on remarks to TS4's randomizer, I find it to be more repetitive than TS3's, but then again, I'm biased and I prefer the way I do it, so my opinion isn't exactly justified.

• Options
    sakagunsakagun Posts: 85 Member
    Sometimes I really have hard time finding names especially when my sims have twins. Generally I think about only one name and when there are two children, I just look for it from the net :)
  • Options
    I like unique names for twins/triplets, since they ARE unique. I Had twins once in game named Celestial and Skylar (went with the theme of blue.)

• Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    Close to me I see my Tablet and a water bottle. So, my sims last name is Tabottle :smiley:
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    I like it. Not may Tabottle's out there!

• Options
    AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    I feel your pain. I've seen and played with enough Smith's to last me a lifetime.

Haven't we all?
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • Options
    @Amazingamphy Indeed we have.

• Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    sakagun wrote: »
    Sometimes I really have hard time finding names especially when my sims have twins. Generally I think about only one name and when there are two children, I just look for it from the net :)

I named my latest twin girls Isabella and Gabriella after my real life friend's daughters that are a year apart.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @SimSwim2 Those are really pretty names.

• Options
    Graycat2000Graycat2000 Posts: 304 Member
    I get inspiration for names and their character types from various sources..

1)Putting two random words together can be fun...Dixie Foxtrot for instance has been with me since Sims 1
    2) film credits are a great source of names, especially the non speaking actors in James Bond Films, that's where I got my ageing party girl Papillon Soo Soo from.
    3) song lyrics - Dexter Fishpond from Frontier Psychiatrist by the Avalanches or Stinky Bo Hoon from curse of Milhaven by Nick Cave.
    4) Even got a cool name from the side of a passing Van - Aubrey Cornfoot!
  • Options
    The credits one I have used before, it's great, I agree. The passing the van though is hilarious.

• Options
    The Real Aubrey Cornfoot who is apparently a plasterer who drives a red van has no idea the Sim version of himself is obsessed with Christmas and in the Sims 2 had his own Christmas Shop.
  • Options
    HAA!

• Options
    ckrulesinakckrulesinak Posts: 407 Member
    I thought of pigs and yoga. Piga. yogurt and coffee Yofee. My Sim is Piga Yofee.
    i love this! Totally naming my Sims like this now, at least last name.
    I named my twins Peter and Parker, get it?

I normally think of a letter and just try to make a work like, F- Frickburkston, idk sometimes it works
    When I was little i named them after friends and crushes lol
    Be kind :)
  • Options
    @ckrulesinak Aww! When I was younger too I'd also name them after my friends.

• Options
    When I was playing the Sims 2 I used to listen to what the Sims were saying to each other, I was certain that elder male Sims would shout Belinda McCoy in the presence of an attractive lady and dinner conversation always mentioned Coconut Les.
    therefore I created Belinda McCoy - a female student who dressed like mime artist and was looking for love.
    coconut Les Gaffney was a man who was rescued from a deserted island who now lives in a wooden shack by the sea and grows his own food as he could not settle back into Sim life
  • Options
    ckrulesinakckrulesinak Posts: 407 Member
    @Graycat2000 - That is hilarious!
    Be kind :)
  • Options
    @Graycat2000 Sometimes in CAS for Sims 4, I swear I hear them say Robots. Another idea for a name: Frold (french and gold).

• Options
    I ve decided I want a Sim called Peaches Malloy...don't know why, just think I sounds cool!

Guinevere Frold perhaps? Sounds like an embittered old woman who keeps lots of cats :)