Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am i the only one?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited February 2015
    Senbre wrote: »
    I don't understand all the buzz either. I'm looking at screenshots and videos and thinking ... meh.

I don't understand why we have to pay for these. isn't these they took out from the base game?
    Create Unique Retail Businesses: Create any number and type of retail business you want, including bakeries, clothing boutiques, art galleries, bookstores, and much more. You can customize every facet of your business with Build Mode; select what items to sell, manage your employees, and even upsell customers!

How could they have "taken out" retail businesses from Sims 4 base game that we haven't had since a Sims 2 expansion pack?

Also, please - go ahead and see how much content and gameplay you can program and animate and figure out what you'd have to sell it for to just break even. Good luck to you.

book stores, clothing boutiques. weren't they in sims 2's base game? now they are just using "retail business" 's signboard to try to ripped us off

There were grocery stores and clothing boutiques in Sims 2's base came, but your sims could not own them. They could just shop there.
    Clk1143 wrote: »
    Evalen wrote: »
    Aliens have returned in this EP, yes, Aliens are back, oh my gosh. I can't wait .
    I'm pretty happy about Aliens too, and now with family trees we can see the half alien, half human families through generations of sims.

To OP: To answer your title change, no you are not the only one who doesn't like this EP, but many were asking for an open for business type expansion pack since sims 3 didn't really have one. I'm excited about some of the parts of this EP, but I will need to know more information before I buy. :smile:

Where did you guys see aliens?
    Can you show me a link or a picture?
    I really liked aliens in past games.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    there will be so much to do, imagine what we can build now. It is like a dream come true. we can build our own business. And Aliens too. I am dying to see what the Aliens are like and what they can do. Aliens have come to Willow Creek. New stories can now be made.
    I am so excited I should get off here, each new thing I learn is more exciting.
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    edited February 2015
    Excited! I have been waiting for an open hospital for years. I would have agreed with you if we got rabbit holes. Useless things.
  • Options
    SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    @Alnairan wrote: »
    I don't understand all the buzz either. I'm looking at screenshots and videos and thinking ... meh.

I don't understand why we have to pay for these. isn't these they took out from the base game?
    Create Unique Retail Businesses: Create any number and type of retail business you want, including bakeries, clothing boutiques, art galleries, bookstores, and much more. You can customize every facet of your business with Build Mode; select what items to sell, manage your employees, and even upsell customers!

How could they have "taken out" retail businesses from Sims 4 base game that we haven't had since a Sims 2 expansion pack?

Also, please - go ahead and see how much content and gameplay you can program and animate and figure out what you'd have to sell it for to just break even. Good luck to you.

book stores, clothing boutiques. weren't they in sims 2's base game? now they are just using "retail business" 's signboard to try to ripped us off

There were grocery stores and clothing boutiques in Sims 2's base came, but your sims could not own them. They could just shop there.

at least they should give the stores for free. and sell the OFB option. the base game barely has anything
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    For me, I'm all about gameplay. Offer me something that I can get excited about. This EP is perfect for a lot of people because for one there isn't much to do in the game right now anyway. And second, I wasn't much of a OFB fan (don't hurt me!) and I generally liked the Ambitions EP. So putting these two together might be a good balance for me at least.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Alnairan wrote: »

Aliens have returned in this EP, yes, Aliens are back, oh my gosh. I can't wait .
    I'm pretty happy about Aliens too, and now with family trees we can see the half alien, half human families through generations of sims.

To OP: To answer your title change, no you are not the only one who doesn't like this EP, but many were asking for an open for business type expansion pack since sims 3 didn't really have one. I'm excited about some of the parts of this EP, but I will need to know more information before I buy. :smile:

If you see the post here look at point number 7
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/813475/its-official-the-sims-4-get-to-work#latest

I haven't seen pictures yet myself.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    xbecky685x wrote: »
    Well no th things included were not in any base games. Yeah ok in sims3 there are bookstores but in this ep we can go into the bookstore or even own one if you want. X

there was a book store in the base game but we did not own it. I am happy, so happy I can't stand it.

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Just three new careers accessible via loading screens
    The same stuff as in the previous games, thus I am not really missing out on anything
    and still no toddlers, cars or Open World (unless cars have been confirmed in which case I apologise)

I will pass on this one, thanks.

Hope everyone else is happy with it though

I am not hating, just stating :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    Alnairan wrote: »

If you see the post here look at point number 7
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/813475/its-official-the-sims-4-get-to-work#latest

I haven't seen pictures yet myself.

Okay, I guess I might need that expansion pack.
    Like, really bad.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    The same stuff as in the previous games, thus I am not really missing out on anything
    and still no toddlers, cars or Open World (unless cars have been confirmed in which case I apologise)

Yup and that's perfectly fine. I'm not sure I want an OFB type expansion pack this time around myself. Aliens are something I'm interested in though, so I'm half n half right now lol.

• Options
    KrowpaKrowpa Posts: 56 Member

Actually, three new careers that you actually go and play, not just send your Sim to work at while you tend to the rest of the family. So if you are into that kind of thing, plenty of stuff to do there. And new businesses you can build up and run which has never been a base game feature. Not much into businesses or careers so not really my cup of tea but there is plenty to do in this one.

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I don't understand why we have to pay for these. isn't these they took out from the base game? now they are just using "retail business" 's signboard to try to ripped us off

No, they weren't in any base game. In Sims 2 they were in the Open For Business expansion pack, and in Sims 3 they were Store content -- we had the retail business set that came with Midnight Hollow store world (and it never really worked as people wanted because you couldn't sell your own crafted items) and then the bakery set. The bookstores in Sims 3 base were rabbit holes, no interactions.

What I want to know is if we don't want our Sims to be business owners or in any of the active careers can we still take advantage of them? Will our Sims still have bakeries to visit, staffed by NPCs? Will they be able to visit a doctor? Or are we going to have to have at least one family in each of the jobs so our other families (if you play rotationally) can avail themselves of the services? And what about household Sims that are elsewhere? I had to rush back home when I sent my couple camping so I could get their teen off to high school when I got the flashing red alert on her portrait (she was watching TV). Are we going to be subjected to even more loading screens to keep track of our families? Or are they actually going to improve the Sims so that they do gain skills, take care of their homework, and such? (I resumed a family after some time away, and I found that the little girl had already done her homework so maybe they are getting a little smarter.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Yeah, so it LOOKS like it has possibilities. However I have questions. How much freedom do you really have with these new careers? Are they as scripted and rigid as the game itself? What happens to sims on your home lot while your sim is on a "career" lot?
    They have said there will be more than just the careers and the venues so maybe it will be worth the price of an EP. I have serious doubts and will not purchase until I have read reviews. As I am still not convinced this game is for me as the sandbox is gone, I will wait to see just what the "rest" of the stuff they include is.

kim :\
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think there'll be enough in the pack to warrant my purchase -- not all that crazy about either active careers (though I might start a single Sim in one before getting them married off especially since I play on Long lifespans) or business owning (though if we can set unplayed Sims to own/run businesses that could work; I could make a couple of business families, move them into houses and never touch them again) but looks promising. Really like the return of the doctor and science careers; I was positive we wouldn't see those till University. And the science inventing looks a lot better than the Ambitions inventing; it seems to have borrowed a bit from bot building in Sims 3 ITF. And it does seem to be a lot more in-depth than the earlier descriptions -- enough that it warrants the EP treatment rather than GP.

The most important thing though is that it's coming in April -- so while technically correct that it's in FY2016, it's not the "indefinite" delay that some folks were claiming. And only a month or two later than we got EPs for previous Sims games.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)