Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am i the only one?

SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
edited February 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
as I saw the announcement probably there isn't really much content.
Am I the only one think they should extract the retail businesses from the EP and release them in a patch?
and use the title "Game Pack" instead of "Expansion Pack". for the rest of the content

Comments

• Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    It looks fabulous~
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I bet you are a barrel of laughs at Christmas.
    :p
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    fake buzz. it's probably their marketing people hyping up the forums.
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    It depends on what you want, really.
    A lot of people wanted an "Open for Business" kind of expansion pack, and that's it (plus Ambitions, it seems).
    Not my cup of tea, but I understand their excitement.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    While I agree with the sentiment I don't really agree that would be viable, they are a business, they do need to make money and I understand that. However, its 3 careers and a shop, its... lacking.

If it had all the other careers from the survey it would be amazing value for money, I feel a middle ground would have been appropriate.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I don't understand all the buzz either. I'm looking at screenshots and videos and thinking ... meh.

I don't understand why we have to pay for these. isn't these they took out from the base game? now they are just using "retail business" 's signboard to try to ripped us off
    Create Unique Retail Businesses: Create any number and type of retail business you want, including bakeries, clothing boutiques, art galleries, bookstores, and much more. You can customize every facet of your business with Build Mode; select what items to sell, manage your employees, and even upsell customers!
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Some people just like it, they are allowed to be excited about it. Just like you are allowed to be not excited about it.
  • Options
    EcongEcong Posts: 42 Member
    I'm excited about it NOBODY tells me how I should feel
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Senbre wrote: »
    I don't understand all the buzz either. I'm looking at screenshots and videos and thinking ... meh.

I don't understand why we have to pay for these. isn't these they took out from the base game?
    Create Unique Retail Businesses: Create any number and type of retail business you want, including bakeries, clothing boutiques, art galleries, bookstores, and much more. You can customize every facet of your business with Build Mode; select what items to sell, manage your employees, and even upsell customers!

How could they have "taken out" retail businesses from Sims 4 base game that we haven't had since a Sims 2 expansion pack?

Also, please - go ahead and see how much content and gameplay you can program and animate and figure out what you'd have to sell it for to just break even. Good luck to you.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ShadyProShadyPro Posts: 227 Member

I don't understand why we have to pay for these. isn't these they took out from the base game?

hahaha LMAO LMAO most 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing I have EVER red on this forum. 🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    No.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Aliens have returned in this EP, yes, Aliens are back, oh my gosh. I can't wait .
  • Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    Zzzzz ;)
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Bakeries were never in a Sims base game. As much as I hate this game, you can't make false claims.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Why does it matter to you that people are excited about this? Unless it annoys you to see people happy...
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

The actual stores...yes but we wouldn't be able to own them. Owning them was a expansion. I see no reason to make it free.

Still not biting. I like how it looks, but still waiting for my basic gameplay elements to be put in before getting happy.
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    edited February 2015
    So excited!

Post edited by Simulator4 on
  • Options

How could they have "taken out" retail businesses from Sims 4 base game that we haven't had since a Sims 2 expansion pack?

Also, please - go ahead and see how much content and gameplay you can program and animate and figure out what you'd have to sell it for to just break even. Good luck to you.

book stores, clothing boutiques. weren't they in sims 2's base game? now they are just using "retail business" 's signboard to try to ripped us off
  • Options
    Pandia101Pandia101 Posts: 175 Member
    I, for one, am very excited about this EP because it offers my favorite Expansion Pack of all time OFB. I do hope it is going to be just like Sims 2's OFB or even better. My expectations are high for this EP, and if they deliver (which it looks like they are going to) I am an even more fan of Sims 4.
  • Options
    xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    Well no th things included were not in any base games. Yeah ok in sims3 there are bookstores but in this ep we can go into the bookstore or even own one if you want. X
    Gallery xbecky685x
  • Options
    @CrackFox wrote: »
    Why does it matter to you that people are excited about this? Unless it annoys you to see people happy...

don't misunderstand.. I am not annoyed. changed the title
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    @CrackFox wrote: »

don't misunderstand.. I am not annoyed. changed the title

thanks for changing the title.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

[

book stores, clothing boutiques. weren't they in sims 2's base game? now they are just using "retail business" 's signboard to try to ripped us off

I think if you take your hands off your eyes you will be able to see clearer.
    There is so much to this EP, even Aliens.

• Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    Aliens have returned in this EP, yes, Aliens are back, oh my gosh. I can't wait .
    I'm pretty happy about Aliens too, and now with family trees we can see the half alien, half human families through generations of sims.

To OP: To answer your title change, no you are not the only one who doesn't like this EP, but many were asking for an open for business type expansion pack since sims 3 didn't really have one. I'm excited about some of the parts of this EP, but I will need to know more information before I buy. :smile:
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited February 2015
    IMHO, I think this EP is the perfect balance.

With TS2, all we got was the OFB portion, and with TS3, we got only the active career portion. This EP is giving us both (for the same price of a TS3 expansion), while seemingly making things a lot more interesting in the active careers area.

Of course, all we have is the trailer to go by, so it's a bit too early to give an actual opinion on this EP. This is just my speculation/how it seems on the surface of things.