Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New The Sims Anniversary pic! (Sims 4 future content hinted???)

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    OOH soo exciting! I see a policeman, a burglar (it think!), a tragic clown (look how IT's hanging over poor Mr Pancake), a gardener being suspicious about the cow plant and a mail man!

The person being suspicious about the cow plant looks like the park ranger from outdoor retreat. The tragic clown could be a fun return. Who do you think the burglar is, I don't see anyone who looks like a burglar? (Unless you mean the girl who looks like she just took the policeman's hat, but she looks more like a michevious sim than a burglar.)

That is actually just Princess, she is a sim made by the gurus she is availlable to download in the gallery.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited February 2015
    Either EP or the next GP -- Active Careers seems a bit skimpy for a full on EP.

EP more than likely because that info was from a survey about EPs. It had more than just the careers, but I don't remember what off hand other than aliens.

34336_s.gif
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    edited February 2015
    If they don't do an announcement on the 4th my next guess is the 17th when the Mac version is released
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    ferret9005 wrote: »
    Bring back the policeman but leave the paparazzi in the circular file. and there is a university llama!

That might be the llamacorn that came with the December careers update (part of the athletic career -- I had a pregnant llamacorn as my avatar for a while when one of my pregnant Sims got that as her work outfit).
    OOH soo exciting! I see a policeman, a burglar (it think!), a tragic clown (look how IT's hanging over poor Mr Pancake), a gardener being suspicious about the cow plant and a mail man!

I think that's actually the ranger from Outdoor Retreat. There are gardeners for the parks and community gardens, but they're dressed differently (you can find them working or later in the day they're hanging out in the park playing chess).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Either EP or the next GP -- Active Careers seems a bit skimpy for a full on EP.

EP more than likely because that info was from a survey about EPs. It had more than just the careers, but I don't remember what off hand other than aliens.

From what I've seen, the survey did not meantion Aliens at ALL. Only careers, a new neighborhood or world with workplaces for sims to actually go and work, sort of Ambitions 2.0. It would definitely be an EP not GP. The aliens were sort of hinted in a dev twitter, but nothing is for sure, they were indeed working on an EP.

The cops were not meantioned in the survey but rather an Investigator Profession that could investigate crime scenes.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2015

I want that "a lot" to be toddlers and/or NPC patch so bad...so bad...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Now that the release date for the Mac edition has been confirmed for 2/17 (see thread) I hope so too -- if we don't get the patch this week, then maybe next week which would give the Mac coders plenty of time to incorporate the features into the Mac version. B)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Now that the release date for the Mac edition has been confirmed for 2/17 (see thread) I hope so too -- if we don't get the patch this week, then maybe next week which would give the Mac coders plenty of time to incorporate the features into the Mac version. B)

I still hope it's tomorrow, it's the sim aniversary it wouldn't make sence to let it pass by and only release the patch next week, also if there is a major game breaking bug, devs stil have at least one week to release an emergency patch to fix somethings if needed.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    maxdarvmaxdarv Posts: 15 New Member
    reading this has made me realise how much is missing from the game. Made me feel a little sad
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It's not going to be an EP because we are still in fiscal year 2015. GP maybe, EP no not until at least April.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    The clown can be made if you have digital deluxe -- I've got the face makeup and outfit in my game already.
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    It's not going to be an EP because we are still in fiscal year 2015. GP maybe, EP no not until at least April.

Well, they could theoretically announce the new EP now, two months ahead of release if it's coming out in April.

• Options
    AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    Looking forward to it!
    Let them eat cake.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Well, they could theoretically announce the new EP now, two months ahead of release if it's coming out in April.
    Yeah that's true. Honestly I don't even know if it is coming out in April or not. It could be May, June, July, etc. I wonder what the bug fixes will be for this month and if free content will be released again.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

Yeah that's true. Honestly I don't even know if it is coming out in April or not. It could be May, June, July, etc. I wonder what the bug fixes will be for this month and if free content will be released again.

One word...bartenders...bartenders guys.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I really hope family trees are back very soon! I also want to see a world editing tool and it would be amazing if there was a CASt alternative they came up with for this game. I hope they wow us! :)
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

One word...bartenders...bartenders guys.

Yes

OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I won't lie, seeing this render makes me excited to see what all is coming this week.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    Ayumap wrote: »
    I won't lie, seeing this render makes me excited to see what all is coming this week.

It's this week, Sims 1 was launched 4th February.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2015

:o GNOME AVATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

Makes happy dance (but not too happy still want toddlers) :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2015
    That clown in the picture is just as others have said clown make-up but the actual Sims Tragic Clown that Will Wright first introduced into his game was a rendition in Will's eyes of the famed real life clown known as "the Tragic Clown "- other wise known as and portrayed as the famed Emmett Kelly.

Emmett Kelly had a huge frown on his face and a big blue tear below one eye (I heard the tear was not always there but added after the tragic Hartford Circus fire where 167 people died and was because of a picture taken of Emmett in full costume crying real tears). Emmett Was very thin and lanky and wore a heavily patched hobo-ish clown outfit. Where other clowns brought laughter where ever they went - the Tragic clown was supposed to show the true face of the clown - from the history that clowns had no joy in their real lives and had to paint on a smile - that they cried in silence alone and through their tears brought joy. Emmet Kelly never spoke while portraying the Tragic Clown - was almost mime like in his action. His crowning act was trying to sweep up the 3 circus rings every night at the end of the performance and never succeeding.

But anyway - that is what the actual Tragic Clown is meant to be in honor of Emmett Kelly - the official Tragic Clown.

Here is a website from Joel Kelly the grandson of the famed Emmett Kelly SR.

http://www.joeykelly.com/emmett.htm

Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Ayumap wrote: »

It's this week, Sims 1 was launched 4th February.

What I meant by "this coming week", was just from now til Friday. Sorry. :)
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    finefashionistafinefashionista Posts: 168 Member
    edited February 2015
    If they give us some futuristic junk before family trees and toddlers I'll scream. I don't want any more weirder stories, I just want to be able to make a proper family!

I would however welcome the return of a Law career!
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    The clown can be made if you have digital deluxe -- I've got the face makeup and outfit in my game already.

Yeah, same with the alien. Its literally a bald sim with blue skin. The police officer outfit looks new though.
    WLfAA9V.png