Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll: Do you think The Sims 4 will have toddlers? ...for free?

For me at least, the addition of toddlers would add a lot to the game. The question is though, will we get them?
I have been thinking about this for a while. While I do hope toddlers are patched in to the game there are some problems with this. For starters, everything that has been patched in so far has more or less been half baked (Ghosts but no cemeteries; pools but no pool lots; 2 new careers, no fundamental differences). I'm worried that this trend will continue with toddlers. Now if they put them up as DLC, this would cause a major problem. This means that if you buy the toddler DLC, that's it, there will be no future items for them in EPs because some people obviously wouldn't buy it, and you can't have EPs depend on DLC, it just doesn't work. But knowing EA and Maxis, they just want the $$$$$
TLDR: I want them, it's just I'm afraid of what we will actually get (that is, if we get them)
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I would hope an optional free DLC in addition to a "Generations" type pack.
    I think it should be separate from an actual pack because I have a bad history with toddlers in my game, and them removing it was a blessing. And if it's optional I get to see how they look and what other contents they have before I go through the trouble of installing them and take up space.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited February 2015
    No, and if I'm wrong, "no," to the second question. They won't be free.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    search?q=confused+black+girl&id=E2F564A82E00966228426470381F4ECB858BFA86&FORM=IQFRBA#view=detail&id=E2F564A82E00966228426470381F4ECB858BFA86&selectedIndex=0

This is Ea were talking about.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Maybe.

Maybe not.

Who knows?

It is currently unknown. ;)
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    This is EA. I really don't think they'll do all the work to make toddlers and give them to us for free.

I really hope I could be wrong, though.
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I don't believe that we will get them for free because it wouldn't be very reasonably to make toddlers without emotions and multitasking for toddlers too. Therefore it actually would be huge work to make them. So if you want them then I would hope for them in an EP instead.
  • Options
    rabidkitty07rabidkitty07 Posts: 416 Member
    I hope they will be free, but I won't be the least bit surprised if they aren't. :\
    My Origin ID: rabidkitty7

• Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I won't be surprised if they're added back (or if they aren't), but I will be surprised if it's for free.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I'm wonder if they'll even be added in. There's no direction to where this game is headed right now ...

I think it'd be great if they could tell us something about Toddlers. Like, will they even think of at least adding them in? I can only take their silence for so long.
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited February 2015
    Possibly. It would make sense to have a gamepack centered around toddlers, but have the toddlers themselves be patched in with some basic stuff. Kinda like how when Island Paradise for TS3 came out they patched in swimming in the ocean. That way they can continue to make content for toddlers because they are a base game feature that everyone will have.

I don't care either way though, I don't miss them.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    HaylziesHaylzies Posts: 169 Member
    I do think they'll be back and I do think they'll be free. They gave us pools back for free, why not toddlers?

Either way I don't mind, if they're a part of an EP I'll mostly likely be buying it anyway since I've never not bought an EP.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm really hoping so. It seems like the game isn't doing so well, so maybe, just maybe, they will start prioritizing some of that major missing content to make the base feel more appealing to buyers. If they add them in an expansion... I don't think that would go over well for them. I think it would probably be smart to patch them in for free and then expand on them in an upcoming pack. Of course I'd love for them to just make toddlers awesome in a patch, but I'm thinking free toddlers plus paid add ons may be the best we can hope for at this point.

Or maybe they will decide to just drop the sims 4 alltogether

Or maybe they will just say ah screw it and continue adding a bunch of random junk and continue to completely ignore what the players are asking for.
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    If we do get toddlers I'd like to think they would be patched into the base game. On saying that I think if they were they might turn out to be very basic and maybe patched in at the same time as a Family Play type game
    pack.

I think from EAs point it would be a seller as toddler items were huge sellers in the sims 3 store. Then people who don't want toddlers won't have to buy, and can age them up right away.
  • Options
    AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    edited February 2015
    ONLY if they want to make a lot of money they would release tots. 308gGoF.gif
    Post edited by Amot on
    Let them eat cake.
  • Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    nope, they will slog us for something that should be in the game from the beginning, and if they do they better add an extra life stage too like tween.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    Yes. I think they would be stupid not to because if Toddlers are part of a game pack / expansion pack then you can kiss any further updates for them goodbye.

That being said, EA has shown they are capable of making stupid decisions before.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I believe that at some point Toddlers will be put in the game, not sure if they will be free. If not (I will buy the Ep or Gp anyway) but I will stay off the forum for awhile. their will not be enough pop corn to go around.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, and I'm going to bet right now, the TS4 never has that life stage. I will lay money on it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    If they do I hope they are smart and patch basics but give us paid dlc or whatever for the extra items and fashions etc. I think that's fair. I don't think it's fair one play style should be penalised by having to pay more to actually enjoy ts4 properly.

If they don't that will be the end of sims 4 for me and il wait for the next sims while reminding them how important they are ;)
  • Options
    pinkangelsimpinkangelsim Posts: 389 Member
    They might be added in BUT, I think we will have to pay for them. I think if they come it will be in a GP or EP. I personally think it is dumb on their part not to have added toddlers into the game by now!
  • Options
    stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    They'll probably patch them in for free along with some related expansion pack.
    So if there is ever a Sims 4 generations expansion pack, toddlers will probably still be there for people who didn't buy the EP.
    I really doubt they'd make us pay for something that should have been in the base game. They know they'll get a lot of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for it if they do.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    I'm really hoping so. It seems like the game isn't doing so well, so maybe, just maybe, they will start prioritizing some of that major missing content to make the base feel more appealing to buyers. If they add them in an expansion... I don't think that would go over well for them. I think it would probably be smart to patch them in for free and then expand on them in an upcoming pack. Of course I'd love for them to just make toddlers awesome in a patch, but I'm thinking free toddlers plus paid add ons may be the best we can hope for at this point.

Or maybe they will decide to just drop the sims 4 alltogether

Or maybe they will just say ah screw it and continue adding a bunch of random junk and continue to completely ignore what the players are asking for.
    Or maybe they will just concentrate on the mobile versions and console versions of the Sims 4 - because such versions of the Sims games have never had toddlers anyway ;)

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    EA is a company who's goal is to generate revenue, and regardless of how much people think that toddlers would influence more people to buy the game, the simple answer is they won't. You have to think toddlers weren't the only corner cut during development here, and even if we got them (free or not) that wouldn't change anything else about the game. We would just have toddlers in a boring game. People know that, and the only thing that would truly drive sales would be to redevelop the game at it's core, which let's face it, is pretty much out of the question.

Believe me I wish EA would admit fault in how they have wronged many players, but it's not going to happen. If we see toddlers they will be sold to us at a premium price whether that be in an Expansion pack, or a Game pack.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    If it can be done at all, I hope they patch it in. But I think if it could have been done, it would have been by now since so many people are so upset they are gone.

Hope they come back!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Yes, we will get toddlers eventually.

Yes, they will either be in a free patch or DLC.

Just my opinion.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)