Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If the Sims 4 is like the Sims 1...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    False, the sims 2 seems to be most people's favorite. The sims 4 is like the sims 1 in that it has object babies and fewer life stages.... Sims 4 seems to have taken the not so desirable aspects of past games and none of the features and little details that everyone loved.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    If sims 4 wanted to be like sims 1, it should get rid of those goals and lifetime aspirations, and traits, and any kind of family relations (since sim 1 doesn't recognize family relations, oh wait...), kids don't skill or grow up into adults (unless by magic), no teens, no YAs, etc....
    Aww you forgot about the incest glitch that hit the Sims 4. XD I read someone is still experiencing it with their ghost Sim sadly with romantic interactions between great grandparent and their great grand daughter. Sad that step parents and in-law relationships aren't recognized.

Well, if everyone wants to play 'their' way, family trees would become an obstacle. Inter-family relations are at least one choice we still have with S4. If they take that away, what's next? o:)
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The Sims 1 was a classic game, The Sims 4 is a classic *insert sarcastic word here* ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Intra-family relations. Sims 4: Down on the Bayou.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options

I'd buy it. The Bayou has some gorgeous scenery.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    If sims 4 wanted to be like sims 1, it should get rid of those goals and lifetime aspirations, and traits, and any kind of family relations (since sim 1 doesn't recognize family relations, oh wait...), kids don't skill or grow up into adults (unless by magic), no teens, no YAs, etc....
    Aww you forgot about the incest glitch that hit the Sims 4. XD I read someone is still experiencing it with their ghost Sim sadly with romantic interactions between great grandparent and their great grand daughter. Sad that step parents and in-law relationships aren't recognized.

You could always make a Sim that looks like Jerry Springer. Today's show "Grandparents who really love their Grandchildren".

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member

You could always make a Sim that looks like Jerry Springer. Today's show "Grandparents who really love their Grandchildren".

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    excuse-me.gif
    The classic Sims is the one that started it all. It is the parent of the Sims games that came afterwards. Pay some respect.

But, by all means, Sims 4 doesn't remind anyone of the first Sims game. Maybe its incapabilities, perhaps?
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Hagfisher wrote: »
    Yay you went back to your old avatar! The other ones scared me and I was all :0

Anyways, Sims 4 will be the best when the spiked buffaloes come riding on fire chains or whatever it is you've posted in other threads. I guess.

Your signature is going to give me nightmares.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    excuse-me.gif
    The classic Sims is the one that started it all. It is the parent of the Sims games that came afterwards. Pay some respect.

But, by all means, Sims 4 doesn't remind anyone of the first Sims game. Maybe its incapabilities, perhaps?

The Sims 4, the failed The Sims reboot. :p
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    kirby356 wrote: »
    Memina11 wrote: »
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Actually I find Sims 2 to be nearly everyone's favorite, and TS2 surpasses TS4 by who knows how much. TS1 does not get too much love.
    you are wrong i much prefer the sims3 evendo i played the sims2
    No he is not wrong. The majority of people do prefer TS2. Just because you don't doesn't mean he's wrong about the majority. You don't make up the majority (thankfully).
    None of us can estimate what the majority prefers, so you are both wrong. If anyone bases their numbers on what they perceive from online forums and whatnot, that is a very small percentage of the total amount of simmers.
  • Options
    Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member
    edited February 2015
    TS1 was an amazing game... for 2001. And TS4 doesn't even come close to that.

TS4 is the iconic failure of 2014-2015. :)
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member

28t7xqa.jpg

Oh yeah! Show me the lovin!

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options

Sims 1 was from 2000, even older lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member

No kidding. I can't think of the worst game for those years other than this one.
  • Options
    Jimil wrote: »

No kidding. I can't think of the worst game for those years other than this one.

Somehow I think that 2016 might not be any better either
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Waky wrote: »
    > @Darleymikey said:
    > Sims 1 is a 2000 release. I don't want to buy anything that reminds me of 2000 quality in 2015.

Wait wait .... what quality ? Ever since ( 2009-2010) almost all AAA titles are mediocre at best.So from my point of view games before current era of game industry (before 2009) have more value due to content and quality.

Also I am Sims 2 veteran and I pretty sure that all Sims game became something when expansions started to roll out.Even the so called "full featured" The Sims 3 was not so "magnificent" before first tree expansions rolled out (I know this because I tried base game first before installing expansion packs,unfortunately this is where poor optimization and bad patch finding kicks in and gets worst with each new EP).

I've been playing since Zork on the Apple (and pong on Atari, and at the arcade, yikes). My first experience with Maix games was Sim City on the Mac Plus (1980s). As nice as the games were, they were not as good as they are today. I'll take the latest Sim City over the original Sim City, and I'd almost certainly prefer Sims 4 to Sims. Of course it's been almost thirty years (since Sim City on the Mac), so the current game SHOULD be greatly improved. And I agree with you in this respect: for their time, games like Sims, Sim City, and the like were far better relative to their time than are current games (to the present). The quality has, relatively speaking, gone down. Very few pushing the envelop of what computers can do. And, of course, there are always aspects of games that were done better in earlier iterations than they are in later iterations.

I haven't purchased a new title in quite some time. Bought a couple of cheapies off STEAM, but that's it. Not many games that impress me anymore.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    kimmyfrmtxkimmyfrmtx Posts: 140 Member
    edited February 2015
    I really have to find my Sims disk, all I can find is the Hot Date expansion, the rest are all in 1 package......somewhere. I don't even know if I can run it on this machine *sigh*
    The sims 4: I give up.
    Maxis and EA have killed the sims. RIP
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I've been playing since Zork on the Apple (and pong on Atari, and at the arcade, yikes). My first experience with Maix games was Sim City on the Mac Plus (1980s). As nice as the games were, they were not as good as they are today. I'll take the latest Sim City over the original Sim City, and I'd almost certainly prefer Sims 4 to Sims. Of course it's been almost thirty years (since Sim City on the Mac), so the current game SHOULD be greatly improved. And I agree with you in this respect: for their time, games like Sims, Sim City, and the like were far better relative to their time than are current games (to the present). The quality has, relatively speaking, gone down. Very few pushing the envelop of what computers can do. And, of course, there are always aspects of games that were done better in earlier iterations than they are in later iterations.

I haven't purchased a new title in quite some time. Bought a couple of cheapies off STEAM, but that's it. Not many games that impress me anymore.

This sounds exactly like me. Very few new titles have grabbed my attention. It's been like this for a few years. I think the last few titles that appealed to me were on the PS2. I just don't find the games that great any more. I don't know if I've just lost interest or if the games just aren't as good. I've been buying mostly classics from Steam and the App store the last little while. I loved Zork. I also really loved the puzzle games from the early 90's like Zork Nemesis, Myst, The Clock Tower, etc... It just seems like the games today are less focussed on encouraging us to use our heads.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I'm not sure either what the issue is, but just not much looks good anymore. Oh well, never know, huh?
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg