Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your thoughts - why Sims 4 isn't bestseller?

Comments

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited January 2015
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    Evalen wrote: »
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    -Their target audience now is a group that didn't care for the series until it switched to an RPG, thus eliminating a large amount of their previous, loyal customers.

-Money hungry thieves run EA.

-(Ties in with my first point) They took away so much from the game that so many types of players are excluded. Bye builders. Bye story tellers, legacy players, and just plain ol' family players. Bye sim creators (yes, the new pull CAS is interesting but that's all CAS has going for it. Presets, lack of clothes/ugly clothes in general, disappointing traits, etc.).

@SimChic I do not see the Sims 4 as a RPG. Please explain.
    because as I do not play different kinds of games, except, Civilization, SimCity, Pirates I do not consider them RPG
    Now as far as a RPG, I did do one, In fact it was my all time favorite game.
    that is Siberia, I loved that game, but it had a ending. I did play Siberia 2 and it also had a ending. that to me is a RPG.
    It is a story you progress through until you get to the end.
    I do not see any of the Sims as that. I have played 26 Generations in Sims3 and am now still carrying the same family recreated in Sims 4 and am now on my 4th generation.
    Please if you could explain how Sims 4 is a RpG, I would appreciate it.
    Sure no problem @Evalen
    I consider TS4 more of an RPG for things such as the achievements. In fact, when I played the trial I was confused why I had gotten an achievement for not speaking to anyone for 24 hours (side note, I'm pretty sure that was a bug because I'm almost certain I had my sim speak to others that day). Also, I was looking through build mode and I saw that I had to unlock some stuff. Now yes, unlocking has occurred in TS3 but not until EPs. If this happens flat out in the base game that kinda sets the tone of what kind of game it is. It just feels linear. I sort of disagree with your definition of RPG though. I don't think a game necessarily needs an ending to be classified as an RPG.

@SimChic I do know that there are things blocked out, but they now have a cheat and you can buy those things anyway. I don't play with goals and achievements, as I have said I just play, My sims do not work or have careers. I have posted above on how I play.
    but we are all different and looking for different things in the sim game.
    It is alright if you disagree with me about RPG as that is why I asked. Tell me does a role playing game go on forever or does it end when you achieve you objective, or do you have to buy a add on (something like a exp) so to say to keep going with another achievement. Is that how it works.

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Ill advised comments in interviews-dismissing the customers who were having issues by inferring the issues were their fault 'can't approach with a ts3 mindset' and 'they'll figure it out' I very much believe that attitude caused further hurt-not only hearing it, but from community thinking that was acceptable to do to one another :(
    That line made me think of how the sims community on Tumblr was before TS4 finally released. It was chaos! The community there was pretty much split in three - those who were excited for Sims 4, those who weren't, and those who wanted everybody to shut up already! A lot of fans were needlessly vicious to one another, fighting over who was right and who was wrong. Trying to calm anyone down only got them more riled up. You were either thrilled for Sims 4 and ready to leave the previous games behind (I remember a lot of bragging from those who'd already uninstalled Sims 2 or 3), or you had no plans to buy it and yelled about how everyone would be paying for half of a game. There was no in between. It was basically any and everyone looking to start a fight.

I wasnt around pre release thankfully but its been brutal since. And all so unnecessary. What does it matter if a lifetime simmer loves 4 or not? Does 15 years or a fan who bought in to the sims series last year before 4 not deserve as much say as anyone else? We are all equal.
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    @Evalen -- sims 3 was also accused of having nearly the same RPG elements. Personally, I don't classify any of the sims games as RPGs. If anything, the sims is a virtual dollhouse :D
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    I bet you'll all agree with me on something:
    The game is not bad but is neither brilliant.

Okay, colton will say it's brilliant, but then again, he's minority. >:)
    On the other hand crap stuff like Flappy Bird... Or Candy Crush Saga... Horrible games are earning cash like crazy.

So why Sims 4, while mediocre and still obviously better than those rotten phonegames, why Sims 4 isn't bestseller?
    What went wrong?
    Why it doesn't have the same appeal as previous Sims games?

Just don't tell me it's lack of EPs, that's not what I'm asking for, we can discuss that in some other thread about how to keep game sales up during years.
    Let's talk about base game here please. Let's try to deduct why Sims 4 is not on top 10 bestselling games on PC in 2014.

There's a lot to love in TS4, but unless you have an idea for a family, an idea for a house or a venue or came up with a great storyline, TS4 struggles with keeping you on board. In TS2 and TS3 all you need is a sim and a place to stay; you take it from there. If have yet to successfully do that in TS4.
    I can't really point at one specific thing in the game that I can hang the blame on. There's always this minor irk in the background, which if could say 'that's the reason for it', I could then repair. There's stuff enough, wacky situations enough, the animation quality is right up my alley, the music is well chosen and never grates on my nerves, plots are big enough for what I want to do. Sounds like the perfect game to me.
    Only it isn't. It's not that bad of a game. It's not the best game too.
    Maybe that's the whole problem with TS4.
    It's average and I have three Sims versions on my HDD that are much more well done. I would probably enjoy TS4 far more if I had never played any of the prior titles.

• Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited January 2015
    Was starting to type a long drawn out ramble, its a nasty habit when I'm sick but, not going to bother, from my perspective its simple. Its shallow, this iteration of the game, the community interaction, all of it, its just shallow and lacks substance.

edit~ Should have said, previous base games were kind of shallow to an extent also but this time, its too much, its embarrassing and I have no affiliation with any of them/it but its so bad I'm embarrassed on their behalf.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited January 2015
    Ayumap wrote: »
    From what I've gathered by reading post on these forums as well as reading post on other sites, this is why the sims 4 isn't a best seller (or why fans are disappointed with their purchase):
    (There are some positive things I find about the Sims 4 but I will stick to what is affecting sales (the negative).)
    • Little to no advertisement - the sims 4 heavily relied/relies on word of mouth.
    • Bad PR / bad press - People freely talk about how bad the game is in most of the places the average person would look for information on the game. There also really is no one at Maxis who's doing much of anything to put a positive spin on the situation.
    • Arrogance - Some of the devs come off as if they think just because they made the game, we should be grateful we got what we did. Example: bragging about how early the gurus got a game pack out. The game pack wasn't for free, we payed for it (those who bought it) just like we bought the base game which over all is average at best. It was an okay pack, but over all it didn't add anything important to game play. You don't need the pack to go on vacation.
    • Last Minute Changes - Having to scrap the original concept well into development and make the game from the ground up
    • False promises - leads to a lack of trust from the community
    • Bad communication - Rare interactions from gurus that typically result in "I can't talk about it, sorry"
    • Lack of progress / lack of implementation - We're asked for our thoughts and our suggestion; we provide them, but for the most part no advice is being heeded.
    • Lack of family play/story play - Many people who enjoy the sims, enjoy telling stories and a lot of those stories revolve around the life of their sims and their decedents. There are a limited amount of family tags, no family tree, and no story progression.
    • Lack of life stage depth and no toddlers - Other than the occasional angsty interaction from a teen and the poor posture of an elder there isn't really much to differentiate the life of a T,YA,A, or Elder. Babies are portrayed more as objects that sims barely care for and there are no toddlers. We have 6 life stages but it feels more like 2 and a half. (babies(1/2), kids, adults)
    • Not much to do - watch your sim level a skill, play chess at the park, "view objects", or get "juiced" at one of the 3 bar types.
    • Controlling game play in what many people consider to be a sandbox game - It's great to have many things to do, it's even better when you can choose how those things are done.
    • Game breaking Bugs - for those that have them
    • Dumbed down AI - Sims that need a little too much baby sitting
    • Hollow emotions - Sims have many things that they are shown to feel, but seldom to they feel anything during big life events such as child birth and death. When they do feel anything it tends to be short lived or over written by nice surroundings.
    • Lack of color options and hair styles even despite mostly solid build mode and cas
    • Loading screens - Even if you can see all the objects in your neighbors house or hear their tv, you must go through a load screen to visit them
    • Broken immersion Not only are there many loading screens, your sims just vanish instead of getting into a car or riding a bike off the screen.
    • Two steps forward, three steps back - Many people who have played the Sims 1,2,and 3 will compare it to those games because of basic human nature. The sims 4 is lacking a certain charm these games had for many people as well many interactions and content.

If Maxis would just show they are listening to their community, reply without automated messaging, and implement some big changes people actually want, the game could have a turn around. However, as long as these things (and more) exist for the sims 4 - It will always be "just okay" and never a best seller. There are many people who would love nothing more than to buy sims products, they just want to make sure they're paying for quality and not name alone.

This is just what I've gathered from the community though. I'm sure I'm missing more than a few points.

Very well said. This game has a long while to go if they're gonna redeem the latest iteration. Most of me think because of the gigantic hole they dug for themselves it's almost likely it'll never get not even halfway filled.

If only they didn't get so cocky with such a 'successful' franchise (as per previous iterations) none of this would be the case. Most of us would be happy with The Sims 4 if they ADDED onto the foundation that made The Sims what it is as a whole.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    hihi122122 wrote: »
    @Evalen -- sims 3 was also accused of having nearly the same RPG elements. Personally, I don't classify any of the sims games as RPGs. If anything, the sims is a virtual dollhouse :D

I always love it when someone calls the sims a virtual dollhouse. I think that I love the sims so much because when I was twelve my mother said I was to old for my dollhouse that I had. She put it in the basement, I would sneak down there and play with it.
    When my grand daughter gave me the Sims 1 for a present, I was in my glory, my beloved dollhouse was back, only this time it was alive.
    I know this is silly, but that is ok. Sims are silly anyway. Maybe I have the Childish trait. :) We all have reasons we play. I love the Sims.

• Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    hihi122122 wrote: »

I always love it when someone calls the sims a virtual dollhouse. I think that I love the sims so much because when I was twelve my mother said I was to old for my dollhouse that I had. She put it in the basement, I would sneak down there and play with it.
    When my grand daughter gave me the Sims 1 for a present, I was in my glory, my beloved dollhouse was back, only this time it was alive.
    I know this is silly, but that is ok. Sims are silly anyway. Maybe I have the Childish trait. :) We all have reasons we play. I love the Sims.

I love the sims too :D It also replaced my dolls.... but I was slightly older than 12. Lol :)
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    happy birthday, sims franchise. we rule. we all rule down here.

[img]http://cdn.🐸🐸🐸🐸/instances/53487229.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    It's expensive, and lacks content (compared to other games at that price, and some cheaper games too).
  • Options
    Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member
    It's boring.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Basically this article explains it well:
    irishtimes.com/culture/why-are-we-paying-for-broken-video-games-1.2075454

For the $60+ price tag, it's asking for a lot of money for a game that is missing so much compared to the previous versions of the Sims. It has the 4 sequel title attached to it, so it brings a lot of expectations compared to the previous games. Sometimes I wish they had just left the Sims Olympus title on the game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited January 2015
    The marketing was beyond horrible on this game. A lot of people got tired of it in the pre-launch marketing phase. And this game is nowhere near as tactile, powerful, and intuitive as they claim (I still hate those words too). That to me became clear the second I started playing the CAS demo, it wasn't bad but all the hype the put around it made it sound way better than it was so it was a let down. Much as the whole game has been and I think people caught on to that. Good game, bad game, or anywhere in between it is not what it was made out to be (I know some of the fans will disagree, but still) and people catch on to stuff like that and they don't like it. A lot of people were hesitant about this, and after it came out and they saw other people's feedback were turned off of the game even more.

And of course there's all the features that were removed, and all the play styles that took a huge hit. It seems to appeal to a much smaller group now. It's a huge let down for a lot of people, and just not something a lot of people are into anymore. It's not the sims as we've known it, it's changed. Some people like that, a lot don't.

Also, with those stupid mobile games like candy crush, they're new games without previous expectations and standards to keep up. They don't have to live up to their predecessors. And over all they're cheap mobile games that you pay a few bucks for play for a bit, and then move on when the next game comes out. They're not games that you pay 70 dollars for, then invest constantly in store content and EP's or game packs or whatever. Yes I know a lot of them you can pay for extras and whatever, but it's not the same as the sims. When you pay what you do for the sims you expect to get a lot out of it. When you pay a couple bucks for a mobile game you basically know what you're getting and don't expect as much.

Those cheap games are going to sell better because they're cheap and people don't expect much of them so they get what they expect and it's good enough. People expect something out of a 70 dollar game, and that's something people aren't finding in this one.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Never played Flappy Bird or Candy Crush Saga (know people who do though) but aren't those games very addictive? People can't stop playing it.
    There's your answer I think.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    The price
    Seems like the game is aiming for younger demographic but misjudged how much they would pay for a game that involves multitasking and prolonged concentration that doesn't include car chases, zombie killing, loud noises, gunfire, etc...
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Bamajam wrote: »
    The price
    Seems like the game is aiming for younger demographic but misjudged how much they would pay for a game that involves multitasking and prolonged concentration that doesn't include car chases, zombie killing, loud noises, gunfire, etc...

I dunno about that....kids love Minecraft, and whilst there are zombies and whatnot, majority of the time my kidlets are building stuff. They'd play all day, given the opportunity. However, neither of them are interested in Sims.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Okay, Colton will say it's brilliant, but then again, he's minority. >:)

*cough* Majority. *cough*
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    I dunno about that....kids love Minecraft, and whilst there are zombies and whatnot, majority of the time my kidlets are building stuff. They'd play all day, given the opportunity. However, neither of them are interested in Sims. [/quote]

I've never played minecraft. Is building stuff difficult in that game? Would kids consider The sims 4 building and CAS complicated? Can you build more stuff than houses in that game?

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2015

I've never played minecraft. Is building stuff difficult in that game? Would kids consider The sims 4 building and CAS complicated? Can you build more stuff than houses in that game?
    It is challenging and there is a lot of freedom in what you can build in it. You can build mine carts, castles, houses, rivers, furniture, and so much more. It's a major collecting and building game. You can make your character in it too and play with other people. Kids love Minecraft and Minecraft videos are the most popular in the gaming section on Youtube. The worlds are really massive and you can spend days walking. It makes the Sims 3 open world look like nothing with how big everything is. I had fun playing it.

Let it Glow video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOEmvpEUg5M
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited January 2015
    Kittenkiss wrote: »
    The price

I dunno about that....kids love Minecraft, and whilst there are zombies and whatnot, majority of the time my kidlets are building stuff. They'd play all day, given the opportunity. However, neither of them are interested in Sims.

I get the point you're making and I agree. The thing about Minecraft though is it's cheap (12 bucks), you can create any world you want on any type of land you want, it updates constantly, there are tons of mini games created for it, tons of solo & multi-player playability, and tons of mods that can add story play, new bosses, crafting items and all sorts of other things and just... like it feels like the player sets the limit.

I'm so happy that that is a game that so many children and adults enjoy because it's great fuel for a creative mind.

I feel like Maxis did want to hit a younger demo with the marketing they did do for the Sims 4 but that they really failed to hit what people in general wanted/want.(Ignoring the fact there just wasn't much marketing in general) To be quite honest most of the kids who play the sims 4 or have tried the sims 4 probably got introduced through family members who played the sims or youtubers who post videos of gaming. Gaming channels are huge. Hundreds of thousands to millions of people subscribing and viewing.

Community fuels this game and Maxis seems like they're a bit too arrogant to realize that.

(Also, to clarify; I'm not trying to argue against anyone. It's just the points you both brought up made me think to type this out because it's been on my mind.)
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    From what I've gathered by reading post on these forums as well as reading post on other sites, this is why the sims 4 isn't a best seller (or why fans are disappointed with their purchase):
    (There are some positive things I find about the Sims 4 but I will stick to what is affecting sales (the negative).)
    • Little to no advertisement - the sims 4 heavily relied/relies on word of mouth.
    • Bad PR / bad press - People freely talk about how bad the game is in most of the places the average person would look for information on the game. There also really is no one at Maxis who's doing much of anything to put a positive spin on the situation.
    • Arrogance - Some of the devs come off as if they think just because they made the game, we should be grateful we got what we did. Example: bragging about how early the gurus got a game pack out. The game pack wasn't for free, we payed for it (those who bought it) just like we bought the base game which over all is average at best. It was an okay pack, but over all it didn't add anything important to game play. You don't need the pack to go on vacation.
    • Last Minute Changes - Having to scrap the original concept well into development and make the game from the ground up
    • False promises - leads to a lack of trust from the community
    • Bad communication - Rare interactions from gurus that typically result in "I can't talk about it, sorry"
    • Lack of progress / lack of implementation - We're asked for our thoughts and our suggestion; we provide them, but for the most part no advice is being heeded.
    • Lack of family play/story play - Many people who enjoy the sims, enjoy telling stories and a lot of those stories revolve around the life of their sims and their decedents. There are a limited amount of family tags, no family tree, and no story progression.
    • Lack of life stage depth and no toddlers - Other than the occasional angsty interaction from a teen and the poor posture of an elder there isn't really much to differentiate the life of a T,YA,A, or Elder. Babies are portrayed more as objects that sims barely care for and there are no toddlers. We have 6 life stages but it feels more like 2 and a half. (babies(1/2), kids, adults)
    • Not much to do - watch your sim level a skill, play chess at the park, "view objects", or get "juiced" at one of the 3 bar types.
    • Controlling game play in what many people consider to be a sandbox game - It's great to have many things to do, it's even better when you can choose how those things are done.
    • Game breaking Bugs - for those that have them
    • Dumbed down AI - Sims that need a little too much baby sitting
    • Hollow emotions - Sims have many things that they are shown to feel, but seldom to they feel anything during big life events such as child birth and death. When they do feel anything it tends to be short lived or over written by nice surroundings.
    • Lack of color options and hair styles even despite mostly solid build mode and cas
    • Loading screens - Even if you can see all the objects in your neighbors house or hear their tv, you must go through a load screen to visit them
    • Broken immersion Not only are there many loading screens, your sims just vanish instead of getting into a car or riding a bike off the screen.
    • Two steps forward, three steps back - Many people who have played the Sims 1,2,and 3 will compare it to those games because of basic human nature. The sims 4 is lacking a certain charm these games had for many people as well many interactions and content.

If Maxis would just show they are listening to their community, reply without automated messaging, and implement some big changes people actually want, the game could have a turn around. However, as long as these things (and more) exist for the sims 4 - It will always be "just okay" and never a best seller. There are many people who would love nothing more than to buy sims products, they just want to make sure they're paying for quality and not name alone.

This is just what I've gathered from the community though. I'm sure I'm missing more than a few points.
    There are so many, many reasons-

First of all appearing to fail to adhere to their 'player first' policy and releasing the game unfinished-many of us expected better from EA given that promise by the CEO and are very disappointed that this situation was allowed to happen.

The impression sims players aren't as important.-we've all seen the battlefield staff engaging with the community and an open dialogue. So many of us wonder why we are being penalised?

A premium price for an unfinished base-absolutely no discount to those of us who invested early, and no right of return for those of us who bought discs.

Lots more missing than many realised.

Lack of reviews-I found that concerning and believe it was because what I found out after purchase would have been reported. I would've cancelled my preorder.

Move away from sandbox-feeling of claustrophobia playing with endless loading screens and the linear task based play.

Negative advertising-instead of praising ts4 to the heavens they criticised previous beloved games, they kept announcing savage cuts and killed the excitement by refusing to dedicate the proper staff and resources to give us a ts4 everyone could be proud of.

Ill advised comments in interviews-dismissing the customers who were having issues by inferring the issues were their fault 'can't approach with a ts3 mindset' and 'they'll figure it out' I very much believe that attitude caused further hurt-not only hearing it, but from community thinking that was acceptable to do to one another :(

Fundamental issues with trust not being addressed-the silence after people are so shaken from upset at after 15 years or any less which caused damaged trust just alienates people further. I wish they would hire a representative that could take the time to work on rebuilding trust with the community.

Sacrificing aspects from many popular play styles-failing to realising how important these aspects were to their fan base

Saying it would be a truly stable base game-if you make claims you better make sure it holds water. Judging by the huge bugs even the most ardent supporters of ts4 have suffered I don't believe it was an accurate claim to make.

Favouring social media above their own website-their fans who don't have the time or inclination to follow multiple sim gurus are put at a disadvantage automatically. They seem to forget many of their customers are professionals themselves who can't have things like the sims on show on their social media accounts.

Seeing the perception that the forums aren't taken seriously-and failing to take a few moments for the people in charge to allay those fears by showing their presence.

Telling people to come here to give feedback when the community here already feels marginalised-Before asking people to come here there should have been a charm offensive to combat that perception.

Olympus-clearly many of us suspect and they won't talk about it. Lack of transparency causing more irritation.

Lack of family play-even die hard rock stars settle down one day to have kids-young adult lifestyle can't last forever ;)

Claiming new features when they are reworked old features-emotions and multitasking were present in older games. Fabulous if they want to rework for next generation but don't try to say it didn't exist before when we know far better.

Clipping-my I'd give anything for sims stamping their feet over that any day! ;)

This isn't comprehensive-many of you I'm sure have touched on a lot of what I've said (I'm posting quickly so apologies if I've missed things!)
    both of that posts diserves prises, they are exactly the big problem we have and dont know if gonna fixed
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    I disagree with claims to marketing failure.

This is the kind of product that if made well requires ZERO marketing.

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited January 2015

Building is easy, the complexity and difficulty only comes from your own mind. I've seen people build computers within the game (basic in what they could do but extremely in depth with the amount of time, awareness, and foresight that goes into building something like that). What I mean is they (computers) can do simple math and type letters and words the user puts in within the game world.

There are people who make there own "rpg" type worlds (adventure maps), people who only can build little square houses but have tons of fun exploring with their friends or creating / playing mini games, and then people who recreate real life castles or pixel art of their loved ones.

I think a child who plays minecraft could follow along with the Sims 4 build mode and cas.

That being said, sims and minecraft are similar only really because they're sandbox type games and not really much else. I'm sure someones tried to make a sim inspired minecraft mod though. They've done it with things like pokemon so I wouldn't be surprised lol

Edit: Actually I just remembered I played a Simcity mod in minecraft, it was fun but also made me mad lol. My poor townies
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    both of that posts diserves prises, they are exactly the big problem we have and dont know if gonna fixed

Thank you.

2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member

Building is easy, the complexity and difficulty only comes from your own mind. I've seen people build computers within the game (basic in what they could do but extremely in depth with the amount of time, awareness, and foresight that goes into building something like that). What I mean is they (computers) can do simple math and type letters and words the user puts in within the game world.

There are people who make there own "rpg" type worlds (adventure maps), people who only can build little square houses but have tons of fun exploring with their friends or creating / playing mini games, and then people who recreate real life castles or pixel art of their loved ones.

I think a child who plays minecraft could follow along with the Sims 4 build mode and cas.

That being said, sims and minecraft are similar only really because they're sandbox type games and not really much else. I'm sure someones tried to make a sim inspired minecraft mod though. They've done it with things like pokemon so I wouldn't be surprised lol

Edit: Actually I just remembered I played a Simcity mod in minecraft, it was fun but also made me mad lol. My poor townies
    Ellessarr wrote: »

Thank you.

well, truth is truth no matter of we look, this game need a big improviment and less "silence" if he want to survive and just ignoring the problems like what is happening now is not working, is like rubing salt in the wounds, justing making worse the things.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Without reading any of the responses, I have to say that the distinct lack of life-stages has crippled this game. I can handle, quite honestly, the taller teenagers, as the shorter ones always seemed to bug me, especially in Sims3 when they could learn to drive. :open_mouth: But, removing the toddlers and tethering the baby to a bassinet making it a virtual Object, is pitiful. I tried to shrug this off in the beginning. And when I play, I do have fun, but, it greatly alters my game style of play. I love to play families. Large families with collateral lineages. If my Sims can't recognize family, once they move out of the original household, this is problematic. It would be one thing to consciously try to marry cousins to each other (as was actually done in the past to keep land in the family), but unconscionable for a father/daughter or mother/son or even step-parent/step-child relationships to form. I am all for the so-called "weirder" stories, but this goes beyond the pail.

That being said, the world, is indeed, too small. In the beginning I didn't think this would be an issue. But, going back to that larger family, at some point children become adults and it's simply time for them to move on, to their own lots. With the overall area being so small, you can see where the problem with so few available lots comes into play.

I love CAS. I've even found the genetics (especially being able to create parents for the Sim you just created and/or siblings and children) is quite innovative. I posted something on the Off Topic thread about what this has done for me, personally.

Build Mode is interesting. I'm still having my own set of issues with it, but overall, it, too, is innovative.

I don't even mind, so much, having my Sims do their 'daily tasks' for work. (I guess deep inside me there's a little bit of an RPG player). However, with so much to do, just to get ahead, that doesn't leave much "free" time for adult Sims, let alone the younger set of Sim, in game.

Yes, it is about "time management", so was Sims2. I can deal with that, as well. I do love the fact that the Sims are livelier again. That's certainly a plus.

But to sum it all up, much was promised and little was delivered so that even the most die-hard fan, like me, is finally, sorrowfully, all but giving up on this game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/