Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Want EA to make better games? Stop buying them.

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    There's only two kinds of people on these forums? Who knew! And here I was thinking people where complex and this community was made of all kinds!

I actually bought the game because I thought it was innovative, and hours and hours of gameplay has only reinforced that thought for me. I've never enjoyed playing a Sims game as much as I do TS4. Are there things missing? Totally! Do I think EA needs to do better by its customers? You bet! Just stop making assumptions about the people who play these games. Lots of people love TS4, and lots do not, and both have extremely valid reasons for those feelings.

I'm sorry that I seem to be one of the few who think engaging and charming Sims are more important than being able to watch them drive across town for five minutes (or drive for two minutes, get out, run up a hill, get into the car again, and drive some more), or make sure their shoes are the exact same shade of periwinkle blue as their hat.

I'm being a bit condescending here, and I apologize. I know that isn't all that people are missing. I'm just offended by the OP's assumptions and I felt like being a little snarky.

I am glad that you like the game. Some people do. But I think the majority of the people on here don't like the sims 4. EA is looking at that majority. That is why they released a free trial trying to get more people interested and want to buy the game. They have not had the sales with the sims 4 that they had with the other 3 games in the series. For the people like you that like the game, are there enough of you to make EA want to continue with making eps for the game. People lost interest in Medieval after 1 ep and that was enough for EA to let it fade into history. EA wants to make money. If they see that this game is not bringing in enough revenue, they may let the sims 4 fade away like Medieval.

Is this an artificial majority though? I do not deny for one second that the game doesn't have it's problems but when you think about the kind of atmosphere festering here in these forums is it any wonder there is a huge swing towards one particular side?

Heck - this thread alone is a prime example of the kind of BS that has been going on here.

I look on the forums and all I see are the same type of nasty click-bait threads over and over again posted by the same people. It's rubbish and I feel as though a lot of people who DO like the game are being driven out by what this community has become.

@Darkslayer I dont think it's people influencing each other-I think it's that this game it's much, much narrower in it's scope than previous games. You have disappointment from all types of play styles and those of you who like it are the lucky few-the ones we wish we were ;)

When I was disappointed early on I was really abused by people telling me to 'get with the program' and 'they decided your play style was plum so change it or disappear'. It really hurt and I'd never treat anyone that way-it's why I've tried to step in to support you guys when I think you need it-I respect you and I don't want you to feel uncomfortable in the slightest. You guys are valued members of our community and I think you would be surprised at how many of us support your right to love (try to ignore the plums who try to bother you for your feelings-they aren't worth your time lovely!)
    What you have to try to remember is people are hurt and they all act differently through it-some bring levity to the situation because they would rather laugh than cry, some of us try to be articulate and kind, others get angry or frustrated and vent here. None is the 'right' way because 'right' in how you express emotions doesn't exist. Of course some people misbehave-but that's why we need to flag and get rule breakers to either change the way they behave or make it inhospitable to be here by showing love beats mean. :)

Sadly I think the longer the mistakes have been allowed to go on the more users who found themselves disappointed through no fault of their own. @Terrylin, @kremesch73‌, @SelenaGrey and @nilanius were some of the biggest ts4 supporters and found themselves in a difficult position of having defended it then stuff happened to make them feel disappointed. I hated seeing that. I was happy they were pleased with the game-and I'd hoped that we would see movement towards introducing choices to satisfy a wider customer base like we saw in previous games. But with each day of relentless silence it gets hard to have any faith in EA. I know you've mentioned you feel in a similar way about being worried about investing further when things are so clearly wrong within the community and let me tell you this now-if I loved the game I'd feel exactly the same you do.

What all of us want to see is much better from EA. Clearly they have missed the mark in many, many ways and they need to start being proactive. Building trust by engaging with the wider community and showing good faith by sharing information with us. Because currently the silence is damaging the brand and their company and it's so unnecessary. We saw battlefield gets a clear dialogue with the development team. Why are we inferior as customers? Because that's what that suggests.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited January 2015
    See to be honest I never saw the other side of it. I don't deny that it existed and honestly again knowing certain users here it wouldn't surprise me at all to hear that it had but it just wasn't something I experienced either because I was just plain off the forums at that point or I was just coming on at the wrong times.

The thing is:- it isn't the people who are legitimately upset with the game I'm talking about here, I really don't think people like yourself are making this place a horrible place to be because at the end of the day regardless of our individual feelings on the game we can still have a discussion about it and that's honestly what I enjoy about this place. I think it is a very obnoxious and vocal minority who seem to have nothing better to do than to spam the forums and various threads daily with their same one-liners and other such nonsense. I don't believe these people are contributing whatsoever and all it is doing is making this place a horrible place to be.

These are the people who I believe have caused the divide, not the people like us who feel one way or another about the game. Unfortunately though the moderators here are either blind to it or they just don't care. That's how it seems anyway and the really sad thing is that I don't believe the people who are doing this who are making this place such a horrible environment to be in are even Sims "fans" - I think they've just seen this place, seen the divided opinion and decided to set up shop here with their nonsense.

I hope I've explained that right. It isn't you or anyone else like you who is bringing this place down whatsoever - it's the idiots who are making a mockery out of your legitimate dislike of the game while consecutively making it very unpleasant for people who like the game to post.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    I'm neither a "buyer" nor a "restrainer" because I bought the game and I'm enjoying it a lot. Quite frankly I find it insulting that you are suggesting everyone who has bought the game is encouraging a company to innovate less:- I bought the game because the game appealed to me personally, not because "ZOMG SIMS!". I don't expect everyone else to go out and buy the game just because it's there but let's be realistic here shall we? Buying something because you like it isn't a problem and it should never be a problem.

This!!

I will never buy or not buy something just because someone tells me to/not to. I will do my research myself and make that decision on my own. Never understand these threads 1khML.gif

Me too. I wish these threads could be made without the OPs tending to insult everyone who likes the game.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    I'm neither a "buyer" nor a "restrainer" because I bought the game and I'm enjoying it a lot. Quite frankly I find it insulting that you are suggesting everyone who has bought the game is encouraging a company to innovate less:- I bought the game because the game appealed to me personally, not because "ZOMG SIMS!". I don't expect everyone else to go out and buy the game just because it's there but let's be realistic here shall we? Buying something because you like it isn't a problem and it should never be a problem.

This!!

I will never buy or not buy something just because someone tells me to/not to. I will do my research myself and make that decision on my own. Never understand these threads 1khML.gif

Me too. I wish these threads could be made without the OPs tending to insult everyone who likes the game.

Yup, same here.
  • Options
    See to be honest I never saw the other side of it. I don't deny that it existed and honestly again knowing certain users here it wouldn't surprise me at all to hear that it had but it just wasn't something I experienced either because I was just plain off the forums at that point or I was just coming on at the wrong times.

The thing is:- it isn't the people who are legitimately upset with the game I'm talking about here, I really don't think people like yourself are making this place a horrible place to be because at the end of the day regardless of our individual feelings on the game we can still have a discussion about it and that's honestly what I enjoy about this place. I think it is a very obnoxious and vocal minority who seem to have nothing better to do than to spam the forums and various threads daily with their same one-liners and other such nonsense. I don't believe these people are contributing whatsoever and all it is doing is making this place a horrible place to be.

These are the people who I believe have caused the divide, not the people like us who feel one way or another about the game. Unfortunately though the moderators here are either blind to it or they just don't care. That's how it seems anyway and the really sad thing is that I don't believe the people who are doing this who are making this place such a horrible environment to be in are even Sims "fans" - I think they've just seen this place, seen the divided opinion and decided to set up shop here with their nonsense.

I hope I've explained that right. It isn't you or anyone else like you who is bringing this place down whatsoever - it's the idiots who are making a mockery out of your legitimate dislike of the game while consecutively making it very unpleasant for people who like the game to post.

Totally agree, that's why I said focus on each other-be kind and let's not pay them the slightest bit of attention-they don't deserve it :) They'll soon get bored. And report if you see rules being broken-multiple flags should show the mods there is a genuine issue :)
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    I will only pay for good games, i learned my lesson with the Sims 4, i won't buy any Games from EA or Maxis just because it holds a great Name.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member

I agree with this statement so much. The players posting all those one-liners and flame bait threads would be here, trying to cause trouble even if everybody else loved the game. Because that's how they get their enjoyment.

can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Certain posts I don't read, but I think some of it is just frustration and venting, not meant to be unpleasant (even if it is unpleasant.) Some people are better communicators, and we have a *lot* of international posters for whom English is a second language. Other cultures have different ways of expressing things, too, sometimes a more aggressive stance is simply normal, and in other cultures it's beyond impolite. Different things are taboo and things that are taboo here might not be. So I try to read posts objectively and with that in mind. Of course, some things still come off as condescending, but everyone has bad days. I figure they can just vent without my participation.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    There's only two kinds of people on these forums? Who knew! And here I was thinking people where complex and this community was made of all kinds!

I actually bought the game because I thought it was innovative, and hours and hours of gameplay has only reinforced that thought for me. I've never enjoyed playing a Sims game as much as I do TS4. Are there things missing? Totally! Do I think EA needs to do better by its customers? You bet! Just stop making assumptions about the people who play these games. Lots of people love TS4, and lots do not, and both have extremely valid reasons for those feelings.

I'm sorry that I seem to be one of the few who think engaging and charming Sims are more important than being able to watch them drive across town for five minutes (or drive for two minutes, get out, run up a hill, get into the car again, and drive some more), or make sure their shoes are the exact same shade of periwinkle blue as their hat.

I'm being a bit condescending here, and I apologize. I know that isn't all that people are missing. I'm just offended by the OP's assumptions and I felt like being a little snarky.

I am glad that you like the game. Some people do. But I think the majority of the people on here don't like the sims 4. EA is looking at that majority. That is why they released a free trial trying to get more people interested and want to buy the game. They have not had the sales with the sims 4 that they had with the other 3 games in the series. For the people like you that like the game, are there enough of you to make EA want to continue with making eps for the game. People lost interest in Medieval after 1 ep and that was enough for EA to let it fade into history. EA wants to make money. If they see that this game is not bringing in enough revenue, they may let the sims 4 fade away like Medieval.

Is this an artificial majority though? I do not deny for one second that the game doesn't have it's problems but when you think about the kind of atmosphere festering here in these forums is it any wonder there is a huge swing towards one particular side?

Heck - this thread alone is a prime example of the kind of BS that has been going on here. According to the OP I am apparently "against innovation" just because I like the dang game - like, wut?? That's news to me. I shouldn't be getting insulted over my personal preferences, especially when said personal preferences concern a blooming video game.

I look on the forums and all I see are the same type of nasty click-bait threads over and over again posted by the same people. It's rubbish and I feel as though a lot of people who DO like the game are being driven out by what this community has become.

I see it. And I have a sneaky suspicion that this is exactly what a few individuals are aiming at.

And the negativity is contagious. It is ridiculous.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    BayalynnBayalynn Posts: 67 Member
    Well I think right now there is radio silence from EAxis because they are trying to get the Mac version out. I think they are hoping that mac users (who are probably itching to have the game NAO!) will instantly buy it and drive up their sales. I'm sure if that's the case we'll be long forgotten., and yes, this is sad.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member

I also agree with you. Nobody should be made to feel uncomfortable because of the opinion they hold. I also agree with @Sparkfairy1 that it is better to ignore those who are only there to destroy the discussion. There have been far too many good threads which have crashed and burned as a result of their activities.

One word I would like banned from this site is hater. There is a common misconception that if you are unhappy with some aspect of the game then you must hate it. If someone genuinely disliked something that much they wouldn't continue to play. Instead most people who are disappointed are here to ask for improvements. I am not getting at anyone in particular here, it is a general observation.

Sparkfairy1 family thread is a very good example of what people can achieve collectively, despite having very different personal views. I am a great believer in the community being able to police itself and if we pulled together it is achievable. At the height of the trolling I have seen you tackling some of the worst offenders and I applaud you for it :) The truth is being ignored hurts them more :)

My apologies OP for going off topic.

I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    @Bettyboop55 Great post :) by paying that sort of behaviour any attention we allow them to diminish our very valid feedback. @Darkslayer how many times have you seen threads fostering good healthy debate from all sorts of us sensible users be deleted just because one or two people who love creating trouble derail them? It's a pain for all of us because with the threads deletion there goes all those wonderful points of view, compromises and sensible ideas!
    Bayalynn wrote: »
    Well I think right now there is radio silence from EAxis because they are trying to get the Mac version out. I think they are hoping that mac users (who are probably itching to have the game NAO!) will instantly buy it and drive up their sales. I'm sure if that's the case we'll be long forgotten., and yes, this is sad.

I'd be very surprised. Mac users are just as diverse sims players as the rest of us-I think the same will happen that's happened with the demo. You'll be fine if you fit into the narrow scope for this game and that's great, but if you don't that rejection will hurt.
  • Options
    Lynne563Lynne563 Posts: 100 Member
    I won't be buying anything relating to Sims 4 until it is sorted and I think my money was well spent.
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member

Heck - this thread alone is a prime example of the kind of BS that has been going on here. According to the OP I am apparently "against innovation" just because I like the dang game - like, wut?? That's news to me. I shouldn't be getting insulted over my personal preferences, especially when said personal preferences concern a blooming video game.

I feel that is exactly the case. I don't particularly like being on these forums because they aren't entirely friendly towards people, like me, who happen to enjoy the game. It isn't as safe of an environment as people are being lead to believe.
  • Options

I feel that is exactly the case. I don't particularly like being on these forums because they aren't entirely friendly towards people, like me, who happen to enjoy the game. It isn't as safe of an environment as people are being lead to believe.

@IgnitedTobi1‌ I think it's very easy to get into a 'sides' mindset which colours perception. Early on because I was 'assigned' a negatives label I found myself identifying who was who by this ridiculous method of discrimination on this forum. Then I realised that is ridiculous that I was rewarding the trolls and bad behaviour by identifying and judging others by the 'forum discrimination standard'.

Every single one of us has different opinions of everything inside each and every game. So I started advocating for people to drop the 'sides' mindset and start afresh. I found myself appreciating the nuances and differences between everyone and enjoying myself more. I no longer cared about the plums who misbehaved because I believe those of us who are kind and sensible outnumber them thousands to one. I made a point to pm users like @nilanius, @kremesch73‌ and @brookesaywhatx to offer my support no matter our differences. And I appreciate and respect everyone I've ever met here for how they act as individuals :)

The troublemakers get far too much credit by allowing them to affect our day to day experiences here and it's really frustrating and sad to watch.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    awesome post, op. i have no intention of rewarding a bad company making bad decisions by buying their bad product. yeah, let them try and dlc and "premium subscription" their customers back.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I agree with the OP. I bought the base game out of pure loyalty to the franchise. On the plus side I did get it at a reasonable price though it still wasn't worth it. I don't play any other EA produced game and it's looking unlikely that i'll be buying anymore content for the Sims 4 unless they add in a bunch of missing features.

• Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member

Well in regards to moderators not doing anything about people outright attacking, I know of 3 cases, of people who were banned from the forum. One was attacking me and another user's wall, even though at the time, supposedly like him, I liked the game, he decided to have it out for me. He was banned. The other user he attacked? She started getting vile and trolly on these forums, attacking other users in threads, and even on their walls. She was banned. Another one, would call anyone that liked the sims 4, sheep, and use pictures of lamb chops to attack the pro-ts4 side. She was banned.

And from what I heard, a few who were with them, were instigators of the massive trolling attacks on the forum, or were accomplices, who were banned as well. So moderators do watch the forums, and ban the more volatile and toxic people. If you feel someone is attacking you and others like you, pay them no mind. They fixed the forum ignore feature so it no longer breaks threads. I've got one on ignore, who is constantly trying to derail threads and screams for locks all the time. So if they get too vile, report them. If I saw someone attacking another user, I'd report them, even if they were of the same opinion as myself. There's no sense in being vile to others, or stirring up trouble.
    I will only pay for good games, i learned my lesson with the Sims 4, i won't buy any Games from EA or Maxis just because it holds a great Name.

For me, I never used to look at reviews before I bought a Sims title. Sims 4, and EA/Maxis's direction with it, has changed this. If they make a Sims 5, I'm going to wait for actual reviews, before buying it. They've damaged their brand with me, and it's going to take them changing, to restore their brand in a good light.

Part of me also wonders, if the reason Sims 4 was made as it was, was because simmers from SimCity took a heavy handed approach and voted them the worse company in america twice. If that is indeed EA's response, that's not the right response. All it will do, is encourage simmers to vote them worse company again, which I would not be surprised if they end up in that competition once more.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    The end result explains pretty much all of the nonsense, backtracking and flat-out misleading (to put it nicely) info EA was throwing out before the release. It certainly doesn't excuse it, but boy does it make sense to me now. Unfortunately.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    NanohurtzNanohurtz Posts: 280 Member
    chrisauh wrote: »
    There are two five kinds of people here.
    -The people who bought the game, were disappointed by it, targeted, vented, and chase away forum members, in which I'll call the "buyers". I shall call them trolls.
    -The people who bought the game, were disappointed by it, and accepted the engagement internally as simply a bad investment. I shall call them "buyers".
    -The people who waited for other people to buy it, saw their reactions, and did not buy it. I shall them the "restrainers". "cautious consumers".
    -The people who bought the game and absolutely love it, and whose opinion we shall NOT pigeon hole, but respect and will not chase away out of sheer provocation, anger, regret or all of the above. I shall call them "satisfied customers"
    -The people who bought the game to fulfill their collection, and proudly fully support the franchise to the very end. I shall call them "loyalists"

Fixed..
    nilanius wrote: »
    I already had resigned myself that my $70 purchase of Sims 4, was a waste of money. I'm not going to buy the game pack or any expansions. Only thing I will invest money in, is getting the last few expansions for sims 3 I need.

This ^ IMO I don't think we should throw out the baby with the bath water. Boycotting the franchise as whole won't make EA produce a better product. If anything you cut their lifeline and then the entire franchise comes to a standstill, and is no longer supported. Personally, I think people should continue to invest in what works and promote that. If SIMS4 is a fail, then spam EA about it but continue to support what DOES work.
    ..If that is the future of gaming, then the gaming market is going to crash. It almost did in the 80's, but Nintendo is the one that saved gaming and raised it up to what it is today. But sadly today, the gaming quality instead of reaching new heights, is taking a nose dive. Game developers need to know, that we customers, will not support poorly made empty shells of a product. And investing in their newest poorly made creation, is only encouraging them to get worse not better[/b].

This ^ SIMS4 is not the only omen around here. This sort of practice is apparent in many other gaming products, consoles, and even day-to-day necessities as well. Corners are being cut and the "disposal" market economy is ever increasing. I was just telling someone this morning that quality and originality died within both the gaming and movie circles. I'm still waiting for a gaming series that rivals that of FF7, Chrono Trigger, Star Ocean, and Kingdom Hearts. God how I loved those games, and would give half my bank account in seeing continued.

The intro music still gives me goosebumps

The next "positive" or upward spike in gaming is with the release of VR technology. In which case, ALL previous development will be revisited and translated for use with it, and the excitement, positive-tudes, and smiles restored, if even for a while. However, It is still a ways off, and the wait, very long. In the meantime, we should promote some hidden talents out there. People here should surf some of the independent kickstarters that could use some funding, and hopefully slow down if not stop this apparent, and worldwide downward spiral until the next big leap.
    Yes, I feel bad about spending the money. Worse, I feel bad about all that I spent on previous Sims games, which I still love and play daily - even though when I bought those I had no way of knowing it would lead to this. However, it is still remotely possible that they will take things in a new direction from here. I consider my money essentially forfeit, but if they do fix it, I have a front row seat.

I spent the same amount in SIMS4 if not more. I bought the DLC too.. ok, big deal bad investment; no-one in this forum or in the world for that matter is going to make me feel bad about it. My money, my decision, * shades rolling down * deal with it. People seem to be quite judgmental and stand-offish as if they have not made a few bad investments in the hundreds in other lame games I know are festering in their PC harddrive or collecting dust next to their equally failing consoles.
    a lot of people who DO like the game are being driven out by what this community has become.

True, sad, and this must stop. We shouldn't be shooting people down in this community by deflecting our anger at them, but at the source. It also helps if we don't feed into the trolls that are clearly right under our noses.
    Graciella_Base_Drama.jpg
    Bio: Architect - Interior Decorator - Celebetante
    Played: SimCity, SimAnt, SimEarth, SIMS1, SIMS2, SIMS3, SIM4 (oh gawd why?)
    Status: Ecstatic +40, Updating Rochelle of Kendleton - Episode II.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member

^^ This. A million times this.

Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    Nanohurtz wrote: »
    -The people who bought the game, were disappointed by it, targeted, vented, and chase away forum members, in which I'll call the "buyers". I shall call them trolls.
    -The people who bought the game, were disappointed by it, and accepted the engagement internally as simply a bad investment. I shall call them "buyers".
    -The people who waited for other people to buy it, saw their reactions, and did not buy it. I shall them the "restrainers". "cautious consumers".
    -The people who bought the game and absolutely love it, and whose opinion we shall NOT pigeon hole, but respect and will not chase away out of sheer provocation, anger, regret or all of the above. I shall call them "satisfied customers"
    -The people who bought the game to fulfill their collection, and proudly fully support the franchise to the very end. I shall call them "loyalists"

Fixed..
    I already had resigned myself that my $70 purchase of Sims 4, was a waste of money. I'm not going to buy the game pack or any expansions. Only thing I will invest money in, is getting the last few expansions for sims 3 I need.

This ^ IMO I don't think we should throw out the baby with the bath water. Boycotting the franchise as whole won't make EA produce a better product. If anything you cut their lifeline and then the entire franchise comes to a standstill, and is no longer supported. Personally, I think people should continue to invest in what works and promote that. If SIMS4 is a fail, then spam EA about it but continue to support what DOES work.
    ..If that is the future of gaming, then the gaming market is going to crash. It almost did in the 80's, but Nintendo is the one that saved gaming and raised it up to what it is today. But sadly today, the gaming quality instead of reaching new heights, is taking a nose dive. Game developers need to know, that we customers, will not support poorly made empty shells of a product. And investing in their newest poorly made creation, is only encouraging them to get worse not better[/b].

This ^ SIMS4 is not the only omen around here. This sort of practice is apparent in many other gaming products, consoles, and even day-to-day necessities as well. Corners are being cut and the "disposal" market economy is ever increasing. I was just telling someone this morning that quality and originality died within both the gaming and movie circles. I'm still waiting for a gaming series that rivals that of FF7, Chrono Trigger, Star Ocean, and Kingdom Hearts. God how I loved those games, and would give half my bank account in seeing continued.

The next "positive" or upward spike in gaming is with the release of VR technology. In which case, ALL previous development will be revisited and translated for use with it, and the excitement, positive-tudes, and smiles restored, if even for a while. However, It is still a ways off, and the wait, very long. In the meantime, we should promote some hidden talents out there. People here should surf some of the independent kickstarters that could use some funding, and hopefully slow down if not stop this apparent, and worldwide downward spiral until the next big leap.
    Yes, I feel bad about spending the money. Worse, I feel bad about all that I spent on previous Sims games, which I still love and play daily - even though when I bought those I had no way of knowing it would lead to this. However, it is still remotely possible that they will take things in a new direction from here. I consider my money essentially forfeit, but if they do fix it, I have a front row seat.

I spent the same amount in SIMS4 if not more. I bought the DLC too.. ok, big deal bad investment; no-one in this forum or in the world for that matter is going to make me feel bad about it. My money, my decision, * shades rolling down * deal with it. People seem to be quite judgmental and stand-offish as if they have not made a few bad investments in the hundreds in other lame games I know are festering in their PC harddrive or collecting dust next to their equally failing consoles.
    a lot of people who DO like the game are being driven out by what this community has become.

True, sad, and this must stop. We shouldn't be shooting people down in this community by deflecting our anger at them, but at the source. It also helps if we don't feed into the trolls that are clearly right under our noses.

It's not just those who like the game who are being driven away. It's all sorts of simmers with all sorts of experiences. I almost left before I started my family thread. I was sick to death of being told my opinions didn't matter, to go play something else and shut up, to play their way or tough luck. There's been bad behaviour all over these forums.
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    Nanohurtz wrote: »

Fixed..

Very well said. Aside from me agreeing with it, quoted for awesomeness.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member

I'm quoting you because I have seen you write this comment, or variations of it, several times. I understand that you are troubled, feeling that those who happen to enjoy the game are being driven out or that the environment isn't as safe as people are being led to believe, as you wrote above. I agree that there have been many unpleasant conversations about this game and I know that there are many people who feel apprehensive about posting here, about expressing their opinion. But, as I have said several times, that is true of people who are disappointed with the game as well. I recognize that there are people who are being unkind to others, when someone posts an opinion that is contrary to their own-but that happens to people on both sides of the argument. I think it bothers me when I see one "side" of this discussion calling out the problem as a one-sided problem. I guess I'm wondering why, if it bothers you that one side is being attacked and potentially driven out, why doesn't it bother you when the other side is attacked as well?

There are people on both sides of this debate who are unpleasant and uninterested in really having a conversation. These people are more interested in trying to drown out comments that they disagree with or to put someone down. There are people on both sides of this debate who are pleasant and open to discussion and willing to listen to an opinion that doesn't necessarily match their own-I think this is the majority of the people who post on this forum. If we are truly interested in trying to have an open and inclusive debate on this forum we have to try to have a more balanced view of what is going on. How can we have a productive conversation if we just continually blame the other side for all the problems?

The problems with the interactions on this forum are not based on how one happens to feel about Sims4, or any other Sims series. They are based on how some of us are responding to each other. If we are concerned that some Simmers are being driven out or made to feel uncomfortable about expressing their opinion, shouldn't we be concerned no matter what their opinion happens to be?
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Well, I posted this on another thread but to me it is still relevant. So here goes:

Interesting that when someone expresses disappointment in the game they are told to "wait for the GP, EP, etc., it'll get better!" and once the GP is found to be less than what they hoped for the response is "why did you buy the game in the first place?" Cognitive dissonance much?
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club