May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Time - tell us what you think

Comments

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    You know, EA, it makes no sense for your mods to merge this thread with that other thread. This thread was supposed to be strictly for those who tried Game Time, while the other one was here before you made this one. Now, you're going to be getting a mixture of feedback from the fans who already have the game to the ones who are trying it out for the first time. It just makes no sense.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    SarzzSarzz Posts: 3 New Member
    Won't let me play because it says i've already played it and wants me to enter the product key. So disappointed :(
  • Options
    Mrknowitall526Mrknowitall526 Posts: 386 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    You know, EA, it makes no sense for your mods to merge this thread with that other thread. This thread was supposed to be strictly for those who tried Game Time, while the other one was here before you made this one. Now, you're going to be getting a mixture of feedback from the fans who already have the game to the ones who are trying it out for the first time. It just makes no sense.

Either way, the game still sucks, so they get the jist of it!
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    I would like to talk to an actual dev about the migranes i suffered while playing serious. I thought i was over it but again my headache is coming back strongly. I just wanted to point out the importance of working on a new ui. I wanted to describe the problem and what triggered the headaches. I fear for users playing that game when the ui becomes a health concern.
  • Options
    jmoore37jmoore37 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited January 2015
    > @SimChic1 said:

> I get what you mean. I just don't want to launch the game and then realize I don't have much time because I have things to do I feel like I'd waste the demo, which I don't want to do.

Did you eventually get the game downloaded and play it for a bit? Did you have any issues with bugs, etc.? Are you able to see the world from map view, or only a neighborhood at a time and it has to reload to get to the next one..if any of that makes sense? Thank you!
  • Options
    DevilH4DevilH4 Posts: 467 Member
    This is a video I posted on my Youtube channel. Read the description on the video itself, for more details
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGuzy4rCEZc
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Dat voice... <3
  • Options
    jmoore37 wrote: »
    > @SimChic1 said:

> I get what you mean. I just don't want to launch the game and then realize I don't have much time because I have things to do I feel like I'd waste the demo, which I don't want to do.

Did you eventually get the game downloaded and play it for a bit? Did you have any issues with bugs, etc.? Are you able to see the world from map view, or only a neighborhood at a time and it has to reload to get to the next one..if any of that makes sense? Thank you!

It's free! Download it yourself and give it a try!
  • Options
    EmmaBarbieEmmaBarbie Posts: 5,836 Member
    My demo is working. I tried it (still love CAS) and I like how its a mix between TS2 and TS3 with modern-ish TS1 music. I really like TS4's music, nice and calm ^-^

I enjoyed:
    The cute romantic interactions.
    The rockets!
    The emotions, so far, were nice to watch.
    Collecting items to upgrade stuff, I thought that was interesting.
    The CAS. Including more clothes (been playing the demo for a long time)
    I liked being able to scale up items. Like toy cars xD

I haven't played it too long to see too many things I didn't like, apart from things like pop ups (was looking to disable them and went back to playing) The one things I don't like isn't part of the game, it's the price. (Apart from toddlers not being in there)
    You're too late.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited January 2015
    DevilH4 wrote: »
    This is a video I posted on my Youtube channel. Read the description on the video itself, for more details

At first, I was wondering what was up with your video. Then I followed your advice and read the description :)
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    DevilH4DevilH4 Posts: 467 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    Dat voice... <3

Why thank you :)
  • Options
    Mfaw81PMfaw81P Posts: 114 Member
    I love that they can multi-task! But people keep randomly joining in, and the active sim still has to introduce themselves?

I love the different walk styles, and how different personalities interact with objects differently. I think it definitely has a cuteness aspect to it that I very much appreciated.

I understand that having the town sectioned off helps loading time. It just seems so simplified compared to Sims 3, so why does it cost so much? Could things have been sectioned off, while still maintaining the versatility of the town?

This might sound creepy, but I like how they colored people's flesh. :D

I wish that the town was larger. I got used to having 30+ households in a town! And I liked the seemless neighborhood of sims 3.

I find it odd that when a Sim goes to a community lot, they can't simply wander over to the neighboring building. The game reloads when they go from (for instance) the museum to the bar.

There is a whole slew of people that play this game purely to watch Sims fall in love, get married, and start families. We enjoy cooing over what our Sim's babies look like when they become toddlers, and we enjoy every aspect of toddler-hood. That being said, I think we would have enjoyed seeing more life stages added, rather then seeing them decreased. I believe a pre-teen stage would have been greatly appreciated. Along this line, I hear there is no longer a family tree? You're breaking my heart here. And toddlers would have looked so cute with the way you made the Sims! Oozing with cuteness in fact!

Teenagers don't look like teenagers. They look like adults. That's not cool. They need to look like acne-riddled, awkward teens. Teens that think they know what they are talking about. Teens that trip over nothing, because they aren't aware of the length of their limbs. Teens with peach fuzz, and bad decision making skills.

I enjoy the new stuff in CAS, such as being able to customize body types. However, I miss being able to customize colors and patterns on the outfits, and hair (CASt). Everything has pre-set colors and patterns, and I find that limiting. I think maybe a few more options with colors and patterns would have been nice. However, I LOVE that outfits can be layered over each other.

I also miss custom lifespans. That was a nice aspect of Sim's 3, because then you could choose what life stage you spent the most time on.

All-in-all, this feels like the Play Station version of Sim's 2, which I got bored of very quickly. I'm not willing to spend $60 for this game. Will you be having a sale on the game anytime soon? This version of Sims has so much great potential, I would really like to see it evolve, but I'm not willing to spend $ just to see it evolve. Which meant toddlers, and awkward teens, and editing styles. I think I would tolerate all the other limitations if toddlers were added, and teens looked like teens, and if the game was about half this price... I really don't see what is so new and fantastic with this game. It feels like a rehash of the older games, with less content. Really not worth the price. And I didn't even mention the bugs. You should be aware of those by now.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    So Colton likes your voice over mine now!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member

I like yours too. <3
  • Options
    Well, your experience was vastly different from mine. Game runs great for me. However, I've also gone back to S2 for my own reasons. Most of it's because EA is poopoo.
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,443 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    You know, EA, it makes no sense for your mods to merge this thread with that other thread.

People started throwing temper tantrums because a thread was made specifically for the trial players, so the mods most likely merged the threads to keep the peace. It's a crying shame that had to happen, but on a forum where so many posters are constantly on the warpath looking to be outraged, angry and offended all the time or are ready to take even the most innocuous act personally, what choice did they have?
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    ts1depot wrote: »
    People started throwing temper tantrums because a thread was made specifically for the trial players, so the mods most likely merged the threads to keep the peace. It's a crying shame that had to happen, but on a forum where so many posters are constantly on the warpath looking to be outraged, angry and offended all the time or are ready to take even the most innocuous act personally, what choice did they have?

I must have missed the commotion. Unless it was just flagging. I also agree that it makes no sense to merge it. They could have at least moved it to this section, but burying it is basically saying _______. Well, it's saying something that isn't nice.
  • Options
    dwmispdwmisp Posts: 1 New Member
    I appreciate the opportunity to try out the game. I've played all of the previous Sims games. I purchased the Sims 2 and all the Sims 1/2 expansion/stuff packs immediately upon release. For the Sims 3, I purchased the base game immediately but had to be selective about what expansion/stuff packs I purchased until I got a new computer recently.

I didn't purchase the Sims 4 on release because of the high price coupled with some concerns about the content (namely, the lack of toddlers). My decision was further cemented by reading reviews of the game and forum postings. After playing the game, I believe that I will purchase it eventually, but not until it is priced around $30-40. I don't think the existing game play is worth $60 although I generally do like the amount of content (objects, clothing, etc.) that was included.

I do like the look of the game and the Sim 4 children and adults, however, I think there needs to be more differentiation between the teen and adult Sims. I also like some of the additional child interactions, although I wish the ones that are missing from the previous Sims games were also included.

I was sure that I would hate not being able to customize patterns like in the Sims 3, but there were enough clothing options that it wasn't a huge concern. I wish there were more fabric options for furniture instead of furniture stain/color options, though.

I don't like that there aren't toddlers in the game. I know that a lot of people have been critical, as well, of the "babies as objects" but that doesn't bother me as much. There weren't a huge number of interactions with babies in the Sims 2 or 3, either, unless you purchased store items.

I find the camera controls, even when selecting the Sims 3 controls option, to be very awkward and annoying. I much prefer the actual Sims 3 controls.

I do like the additional build mode options and find it easier to build more realistic homes.

I think it's bizarre that the game is missing objects such as dishwashers and some of the object sizing is weird like the dollhouses. Again, I do find the amount of objects good.

I like the additional emotions the Sims display but Sim control is annoying. I expect that if I have 3 actions queued that the actions will be performed in order and that the Sim won't "forget" the actions, unless the Sim is in really dire straits. This is especially annoying when you have an action queued to resolve a need that is not at critical level but is causing a negative mood and the Sim skips over that action or it is erased.

Lastly, it takes way too long for the Sims to finish eating.
  • Options
    SteffynSteffyn Posts: 23 New Member
    > @Mfaw81P said:
    > All-in-all, this feels like the Play Station version of Sim's 2, which I got bored of very quickly. I'm not willing to spend $60 for this game. Will you be having a sale on the game anytime soon? This version of Sims has so much great potential, I would really like to see it evolve, but I'm not willing to spend $ just to see it evolve. Which meant toddlers, and awkward teens, and editing styles. I think I would tolerate all the other limitations if toddlers were added, and teens looked like teens, and if the game was about half this price... I really don't see what is so new and fantastic with this game. It feels like a rehash of the older games, with less content. Really not worth the price. And I didn't even mention the bugs. You should be aware of those by now.

So THAT'S what TS4 reminds me of! It had seemed familiar, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it until you said something. I played the PS2 version of Sims 2 extensively a long long time ago so I know exactly what you mean.

After playing more, I've come to realize that the goal-orientated set up of the game nerfs my creativity of it. It's become a grind of find the collectibles and do the gardening/fishing/working, then skill skill skill. They eat fruits and vegetables much quicker than full meals so in my game they only eat apples now to bring down the time consumption.
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    colton147 wrote: »

I like yours too. <3

If you were to hear my voice, your ears would fall off...
  • Options
    Well, the game just crashed for the first time. I went out on a date with Don Lothario, and upon trying to return home, the game crashed to my desktop. I had been playing for at least an hour.

My trial runs out at 10 AM tomorrow. I really don't want to replay the last hour, so I will probably not play again because I will be going to bed soon.

It seems appropriate to end on a crash..... typical EA!

As a bonus, just found 300 Simpoints I never used for TS3!
  • Options
    SwiteziankaSwitezianka Posts: 2 New Member
    OK I am not one of the people who got 48h of free play, but I figured I still qualify to comment since I only played the game I bought for about 48 h.

I bought TS1 when they first came out and bought all the expansion packs and all the Sim games ever made. When TS2 came out I was thrilled...such progress. After that TS3 came out and overall I still saw it as an improvement and still love the game. But TS4 just suck.

Aside from the more popular criticism which I agree with, I want to add a bit more.

There is no aging control, so when you play for 48h you might not care but long term...that sucks

When clicking on an object the face of my sim no longer shows up

No services

One of the biggest perks of TS3 aside from the open world was the fact that we could see some job which the sims were doing. Not only that we had University life in Sims 2 and 3 we also could get a job where we really could control the outcome. Now we are back to Sims 1 where they disappear and that's that.

The town feels very isolating. I no longer feel like it's a big exiting world out there. I feel trapped, my Sims feel trapped (I'm sure of it). And you can't even do much with the world itself.

and how about all the overload of emotions. Controlling their mood 24/7. Their emotions change so much throughout the day, one might thing all the sims are bipolar.

The whole game feels more like something I would play on my phone. The graphics, the game-play.

The positives are:

They can do two things at the same time.

Creating a sim is great.

I never really cared for toddlers

Although I liked the aspirations better in TS3 and even TS2 the one thing that works is the fact that you can have more than one.

Final thoughts:

It almost feels like whomever was hired for this job either was not a fan of the sim games or is a very unique individual who liked a different kind of game play from millions of people around the world.

Seriously, you could have picked three random people from this forum and they would have done a better job at improving the Sims 4. Even hired someone like "LazyGamereviewer" from youtube who is always right about everything that has to do with the sims. I have no clue who was the brain behind this but...this is just bad.

What the heck happened with this game???
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    edited January 2015
    My thoughts on the game.

I went into cas saved a Sim, exited the game for a few minutes, went back and the sim wasn't in the gallary so that was two hours gone. Cas alone kind of frustrates me I find it hard to grab certain parts of the face and push and pull where I want it to go.
    Also why do children get one trait and teens get two? Why are traits so limited? That doesn't make any sense to me, one trait for a child is just sad.

Hate that the tips keeping popping up in cas then the game if I want to a tutorial I'll look at the lessons on my own.

The camera control is a big annoyance I find scrolling to be a big pain. I don't care for the UI screen postition or the chat bar above their heads I find it to be in the way when I went to take a picture.

The musical chairs is true I found out is true it was way to strange when my sim would chat with the other sim then a few seconds later they moved their seat three times. Why? It's a bit frustrating when I want to film them but they keep moving.

Didn't seem much of difference in emotions with this game and sims 3 the only emotion mod I have was so they don't die on me.

Don't care much for load screens either.

What I did like was the slamming of the fridge when my sim was mad, or the kick at the trashcan, or how she was angry while cooking that was nice.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I download the trial of Sims 4 and tried to be as unbiased as possible, I adore the Sims 3 and when I saw Sims 4 coming out I was excited at first. Then I saw so much missing and the fact the worlds are not worlds to me, no todders, lack of content and I mean total lack of it. Using CAW truly makes you realize just how much is missing as well.

My first thought when I made my sim in CAS was grrr that chin why did they limit it so much when in 3 I had way more control. Sure the other parts to make their face was ok but the chin I found myself focusing on it, that chin! lol Sorry but this new so called CAS feel was empty I was finding myself grumbling about lack of the colour wheel. Picking their traits isn't as good as 3, Sims 3 they had Lifetime rewards when in game you can purchase to enhance your sim even more, giving more personality to them.

Then I went in game, got my sim a house and first thing I thought of when seeing this world reminded me of the Loony Tunes Cartoons, and the sound effects are eerily the same as well, I was expecting Elmer Fudd or Daffy to come out somewhere with how cartoony it looked.
    I picked traits I like to play with, they make a sim do cool stuff and one I picked was evil with mischief, genius, friendly and into music.
    She was totally bored nearly the whole time, I had to make her do evil stuff to stop the boredom, go to the gym she's bored. Go to the club, BORED and the park also bored and i didn't even bother with the library and art. I felt sorry for my sim who seemed to be struggling to find something to keep her amused, so I got her in the shower to get that flirt on and went nuts on the townies, especially Bella Goth. But I and my sim were still finding it hard to find something to do and keep her happy.

In Sims 3 the base game had way more to do, and I find it hard to understand how a game that is over 8.4gig in file size just for the base game alone is bigger than Sims 3 which is 7.41gig but has so much more in it. Both file sizes include patches as well, so I am really trying to understand why this has happened to such a brilliant game. I don't mean to be rude but bad management and dev team are a big part of it, lack of understanding and caring to the customers is EA's fundamental lack of emotion they have. I hope one day they see that, then maybe their own employees, players and even football players for the FIFA game wont want to sue them anymore for the greedy way things are handled.

I have felt so strongly about Sims 4 and how they managed to destroy it I promised myself I would NEVER buy the game. Not because I hate the game, but because they without a doubt didn't hear us as customers and only thought of what is cool for them.

But I digress, to me the trial couldn't of ended quick enough, I played for about 5 hours all blurry eyed as boredom had set in long before but I promised myself to give it a good go so it only confirmed what I already knew. Unfinished game, really devs it should of been an Early access game the way its been mutilated at least you would have an excuse for why its in a shambles.

The Forest is a game I play, early access and only 14.99. I play it almost every day, glitches and all because there is something that the dev team (endnightgames) has that you don't. Ears for listening, a heart for compassion and a real love for the game so much they update every month, let us all know whats going on even if there is a problem. Thats what a true professional team does. They were picked up by Sony for the PS4 so they are doing something right. I digress again. o:)

If only you listened EA, this game could of been the best but I found myself running to the fun that is the Sims 3.

I put this to quote EA from the Sims 3 Wikipedia to marketing and promotion, I wish you felt the same about 4.

On February 3, 2009, it was announced that the release date of The Sims 3 would be delayed from February 20, 2009 to June 2, 2009 in the US, and June 5, 2009 in the UK. John Riccitiello, CEO of Electronic Arts, said "In the case of [The Sims 3], we're moving this title to June 2 to give us additional time to build the worldwide marketing campaign a title like this deserves". Grant Rodiek, Associate Producer of The Sims 3 said:

The Sims 3 June launch gives more time for tuning and polish and the ability to launch the game on PC and Mac platforms simultaneously. This is a key EA franchise and title and it deserves a bigger bet on the best Sims game EA has made. These last few months will give us a little more time to tune, tweak, and polish the game. Our players have been waiting for something awesome and that's exactly what we intend to give them.

Pride EA, where has it gone? :(

Great review, I hope they read this among the other ones.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top