Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TGL Studios - Construction Zone [Closed]

Comments

• Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    I knew it would be awesome just by looking at your images, but I just got a chance to check it out in game, and it's such a wonderful build, TGL! :D You've captured the pinball machine perfectly - your work with the lights is amazing, I love the "buttons," and I love the interior too! I could just picture a pinball knocking sims around in there - now that would be some fun to watch! This is an excellent addition to your neighborhood!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Another wow! Cosmic Pinball Arcade is ultimately gorgeous and creative! :D
    I love that concept, especially with the use of pool lights that represent buttons, the title, and scoring. I also like the use of furnishing as bumpers, flippers, etc.
    I really love it! I already added this to my faves. :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Love love love the new Cosmic Pinball Arcade! A must have for sure :D
    Amazing work with those lights o.o Extremely creative and yeah, just genious!
  • Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Wow! Cosmic Pinball Arcade is awesome, such a creative build and use of objects! Impressive designing with those lights!
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    @ Bry, LOL, poor Sims! 10 points for each! >:)

Yeah I had fun replicating a pinball machine, I did have it between Radio Waves and Mini Modem but it's a bit of a monster so the outer lot was the perfect place for it. Been getting some serious mileage out of those pool lights, lmao! It was difficult to place them on the back because half the time the hand completely covered them so I wasn't sure exactly what I was doing, especially the stylized pinball comet. Totally worth it though. :)

Thanks for dropping by everyone! :D
  • Options
    FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    I love your theme idea/s. Very cool to see so much off the beaten path, well done!
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Nice to see you back TGL!! Hope you and your loved ones enjoyed the holidays!
    Mega Mouser is Fantastic! Not only is he Adorable on the exterior but the interiors are a Dream! It looks like an elegant mansion on the inside. Beautiful use of space with gorgeous decor. :D
    Cosmic Pinball is So Cool! B) Even without any arcade items, it still Rocks! :D (*)
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    The Pinball is superb :D It looks so real! The letters, numbers and little graphic you've made with the round lights are wonderful. I looove the way you execute these insane ideas you come up with so perfectly. And they don't just look good, they're all functional too! Did you create this kind of stuff back in TS3? I'm really happy I finally wandered into the Sims part of the internet, it's so much fun to see what other players create, but I really feel like I missed so much by not finding this forum sooner :p
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    @ Kalpheonix, Thanks for stopping by! It's been really fun to entertain bizarre ideas and see them turn out well! :)

@ Cath, Thanks! Holidays were great, smooth sailing to the new year. :) I'm not used to furnishing such large spaces, kinda ran out of ideas with those last rooms on Mega Mouser lol! Got done with the top bedrooms and the gym/art studio and sat there looking at it like "now what?". :p

@ Cerrydd, Thanks! I guess it's a sort of imagination therapy for me. Kind of hilarious to wander around looking at things and thinking, "I bet I could build that in TS4.", lol! It definitely needs functionality, it's a great challenge to figure that out so it isn't just neat to look at. I haven't quite gotten around to throwing landscaping into the mix on a regular basis but I'm stumped thinking about what to do with that last lot in my electronic neighborhood so I may go back and fiddle with that.

I didn't build nearly as much in TS3, mostly I did future/science themes. Nothing quite as crazy except maybe my 5P4CE 1NV4D3R, that was my favorite build. :) I did have a giant nanite in progress but I got sucked into TS4 building before I finished it. Played Live mode a bit more and made stories in TS3, I may do stories for TS4 but I always end up in Build Mode. Pretty sure the icon has magnetic properties. :disagree:
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    OMG! Your lots...are...incredible! Your town must be so freakin fun! And so sci-fi!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @ Angellite, yep it's very strange! :) Thanks for dropping by!

While I'm busy pondering what I'm going to do for the last electronic lot I decided to noodle around and make a camping style starter (Edit: in Oasis Springs) for grins. It has an old-looking outhouse, a random fridge parked outside that nobody wanted (needed food storage, lol), four garden planters for green thumbs, a workbench for handy types, an easel for artists and some decent landscaping for a change. :p

I'm rather enjoying this lot, it's very easy to keep a Sim who Loves the Outdoors happy. It has a lot of portables set up already so you get an idea of how I've used the space thus far, looks nice aesthetically I think. :) Links are on the first page.

Also thank you Rye for your nomination of Mega Mouser and Maxis for favoriting it, that's very kind of you!
    Post edited by TheGreenLion on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Old Mesquite Campground is a great place for sims to enjoy staying in when visiting Granite Falls. :) Great layout of the build. The enlarged truck there looks great. Nice campfire area for sims to enjoy sitting near the fire roasting food and chatting. It looks nice that you have used two colours of the campfire seating and have a tree stump seat as well as the chairs. It is great that you have a tent there, and the cooler outside it will be great for sims to get drinks or a quick meal from. The camping food decor items look nice on the table outside the tent. Sims will enjoy cooking on the grill and eating their meals in the sunshine at the picnic table . Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the garden boxes. Sims will enjoy doing woodworking on the woodwork table, painting on the easel or have fun playing horseshoes. The garden hose is a nice touch on the bathroom exterior wall. Nice texture of the interior walls in the bathroom.
    It is a great build with many facilities for enjoying living outdoors :)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Thank you rosemow. :) I hadn't thought of placing it in Granite Falls, I suppose that would be properly weird with all of the cactus. Thought it would be cool to have in Oasis Springs!

I can share it over there for sure, it's sort of related. :)
    Post edited by TheGreenLion on
  • Options
    Hello :) I am sorry. I just thought that it would be a great place for sims to stay at when visiting GF, because it has many great facilities for living outdoors and the layout of the build looks great. As you said, the cactus and the ground texture would not suit the world. I now feel a bit silly. I am sorry.
  • Options
    Oh no apologies necessary! I could have mentioned it was for Oasis Springs, I know a lot of people have been putting their Outdoor Retreat stuff in OS and WC because there aren't any giant trees in the way. No worries rose, you're still awesome! <3

I've got something else in mind for Granite Falls, which I may work on because I still don't have an idea for my last electronic themed build. :)
  • Options
    Finished doing a conversion of my Chicken Walker build for Granite Falls! Kinda neat because I'd always wanted to place it in an area like GF! I've included a screenshot of the lot I placed it at.

I tried placing at another lot and some strangeness happened with the orientation and things shifting slightly. Didn't seem like a full tile but I could be mistaken. There's a whole bunch of landscaping so if something does happen to go missing it probably won't be too noticeable but you'll likely see a random patch of painted ground where something used to be. :p

I did do some routing tests and it seems to work just fine, the Park Ranger will go up the stairs to the front door which can be strange but understandable. It doesn't actually keep bears away either...lol! Oh well, the ol' Chicken Walker has a perfect environment to exist in now. :)
  • Options
    Your campground conversion of your Chicken Walker build for Granite Falls looks great! :) Imperial Glampground is a great build! The chicken walker exterior of the home is so very creative and great! It looks nice that you have placed tents in the build, and have tree stump seats nearby for sims to enjoy sitting on in the sunshine eating meals they have cooked on the bbq. It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers and rocks in the build! Nice campfire area. Sims will have fun sitting around the fire on the seats there, singing songs and roasting food. It looks nice how you have placed the kitchen items on the nearby table, and have a cooler there for sims to enjoy getting a drink or a quick meal from. Great corner games area for sims to have fun playing horseshoes.
    It is a great campgrounds build :)
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited January 2015
    Also thank you Rye for your nomination of Mega Mouser and Maxis for favoriting it, that's very kind of you!
    You're welcome and congrats on the feature! Gonna catch up all of your latest creations that I'd missed after the wedding. :)

*Old Mesquite Campground - Very nice details with added resized car for very nice touch. I also liked your customized outhouse thing (not sure what is called).
    *Imperial Glampground - I like the layout from your Chicken Walker with additional camping objects.
    I really love them! I already added these to my faves. :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I like your new camp ground and the house with the resized computer is really cool :D

bookmarked B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Your campgrounds are nothing short of amazing! I applaud your level of creativity, really cool builds. Chicken Walker is awesome and it looks great in OR, I can't help but think "space camp!" Great job!
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Once again nothing short of awesomely creative builds from you!! Your Mouser build is astounding! Your Cosmic Arcade is so fun and inventive and I love your campgrounds!!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    TGL...where do I start?!

You've got keyboards, pinball machines, x-wings & tie fighters!!!!! Your builds r NOTHING short of creative & wicked cool!! Gratz on the Maxis faves as well...ALL well deserved =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for dropping by everyone! @ Vihisha, it is quite a strange collection, lol! Going to be adding another type of build to the pile here soon. :) I kinda started thinking I was going to make another electronic themed build but things got a little out of hand. :o Still need to do the interior and work out some details but it should be interesting when it's done. :) (I was going to post a teaser screen but it's too awesome for a preview :p )