Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Officially disappointed.

Comments

• Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    I say wait for it to go on sale, because they charged too much for too little.

Also you can always look at LB on youtube/twitch, and watch LPs and read reviews of the game.

But me, personally, I'd say not to buy it.

They didn't even do a broadcast for Outdoor Retreat though which I thought was a bit odd as they done on for the patch. I mean who does LBs for patches but not contented packs?

There was one for OR. I saw a few minutes of it, I thought it looked interesting when they showed this huge map but ... It was a lie ...
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I love this game, I really do. And I'm finding the more I play it the more I love it. It is different to Sims 3 (which was my fave) so it took some getting used to, but after a couple of hours I was completely hooked! I'm one of those people who likes the new graphic style. I'm crazy about building things now because the new tools make it so much easier to create the designs I have in my head. The new CAS finally allows me to create the Sims I've been imagining for years. And now I have Outdoor Retreat which is gorgeous and so much fun! :grin:
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Just wanted to add this in, but watched a few videos of people talking about sims 4 and other games released in 2014. And quite frankly 2014 was a bad year for games. And one guy pretty much said that while they did patch in pools and ghosts, those things should of been released in the base game, they were missing items from a product, and were obligated to put them in. They still have a ways to go. But chances are, they are going to put the missing stuff in a game pack and force us to pay for stuff we should of already had.

Well EA, here is my answer: No. I will not buy any packs for this game. Until EA brings the game up to the standards set by Sims 2 and 3, they will get no more money from me, as far as Sims 4 is concerned.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I say wait for it to go on sale, because they charged too much for too little.

Also you can always look at LB on youtube/twitch, and watch LPs and read reviews of the game.

But me, personally, I'd say not to buy it.

They didn't even do a broadcast for Outdoor Retreat though which I thought was a bit odd as they done on for the patch. I mean who does LBs for patches but not contented packs?

There was one for OR. I saw a few minutes of it, I thought it looked interesting when they showed this huge map but ... It was a lie ...

They never announced it on here, seems like the official forums are less important than Twitbook
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    It depends very much on how you like playing. If you like building, you may like it because the new building tools are really good, despite a few limitations. If you like creating sims, the new CAS tools are also very good (although there is no colour wheel). If you liked the Sims 2 toddlers and family/generational play, you will probably be disappointed, because this game does not measure up. Likewise if you liked the Sims 3 open world and story progression. Of course, if you have never played Sims before, you may well like Sims 4 because you will have nothing better against which to compare it. However it is very much a base game, a bit thin on content, and (mainly since the December patch) it is full of annoying bugs and glitches. So, unless you are really desperate to get it, I would suggest holding on for a while, until the bugs have been fixed and a bit more content is available.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    to the original poster and other simmers if you do not went to find this thread lock like any other negative threads that where posted i would use a little caution and no matter if we love the game or have disapoitment it do not change the fact that we are all simmers eather the game is the sims dune or any other game we can not have everything all at once ;)
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    s2ladolcevitas2ladolcevita Posts: 341 Member
    Wilderwolf wrote: »
    People will always be disappointed and bash it because it's not Sims 3. No matter how much is changed/added there will still be that dedicated group that grumbles on and on.
    No disrespect but isn't that kind of what a sequel is supposed to be about? It's supposed to build on the sims 3. Meaning it should contain the basic functions of what was introduced in sims 3 (i.e toddlers,open world), and then add new aspects on top of that. OR a sequel can eliminate some qualities about the sims 3 only to replace it with bigger and better qualities. That is what change is about. In my opinion, a sequel should NOT be something that regresses from the sims 3 while only adding a few minor qualities to attempt to make up for the huge setback. This is what I believe people are upset about and they have a right to be disappointed considering we are paying customers. And until we get the basic aspects of gameplay back people are going to be disappointed because any other addition is simply a bandaid solution to a much more fundamental issue.

If I had to try to put this into an analogy its like trying to mask a really bad tasting dish by adding spices or condiments to it.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    People will always be disappointed and bash it because it's not Sims 3. No matter how much is changed/added there will still be that dedicated group that grumbles on and on.
    No disrespect but isn't that kind of what a sequel is supposed to be about? It's supposed to build on the sims 3. Meaning it should contain the basic functions of what was introduced in sims 3 (i.e toddlers,open world), and then add new aspects on top of that. OR a sequel can eliminate some qualities about the sims 3 only to replace it with bigger and better qualities. That is what change is about. In my opinion, a sequel should NOT be something that regresses from the sims 3 while only adding a few minor qualities to attempt to make up for the huge setback. This is what I believe people are upset about and they have a right to be disappointed considering we are paying customers. And until we get the basic aspects of gameplay back people are going to be disappointed because any other addition is simply a bandaid solution to a much more fundamental issue.

If I had to try to put this into an analogy its like trying to mask a really bad tasting dish by adding spices or condiments to it.

What!? Cheese fixes everything!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    I've been having a look around the forums and a lot of simmers actually discourage people on purchasing or playing it. Has nothing really changed that much? I was thinking of buying it but I'll probably hold out now...

(Also, have the mods become a lot more stricter? They seem to have deleted or combined one of my other threads.)

I would never tell anyone to buy or not to buy anything. However, if you notice in this thread here, others have listed what is not in the base game that actually was in the other base games. I never compare the TS4 to my fully loaded TS2 or TS3 or even TS1. I am fair in my observance of what came before. Granted Aspirations were a new thing only in the TS2 University EP and then part of the base there after even if someone didn't buy the Uni EP. So those are building blocks in my view.

They were carried forward no matter if you bought the EP or not, they would be in all other EPs. And they were carried forward in the TS3. The thing here is the TS4 is not part of those building blocks that the teams added with each and every base even after added by EPs. They kept things like the hammer to delete things even if in an EP later it was carried forward etc. That is the sort of example I am talking about when I say layer cake. Because a lot of things in one base is carried through to all EPs and or vice versa and then into the next base. However, TS4 is actually a bigger exception than the TS3 was in that respect. Yes, TS3 left out diving boards etc. And they caught the backlash for things like that then, too.

Players have a good grip on what should and shouldn't be carried forward. I don't want to influence you to buy or not buy, only think on they have said it's not a life simulator but a drama, or they get their ideas from reality TV. And they never consult professional people who could tell them how the traits in real life work, but I don't know, maybe they make that up themselves, however, it doesn't seem to me they actually have a good grip on what traits should do for the Sim and how they should behave.

They have told players not to approach the TS4 with the mindset of the TS3...so you have decide if you are looking for the 'fourth' installment in the series the way you think it should be or if you are willing to toss that all to the wind and embrace what it isn't.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    nilanius wrote: »

Thanks for the lovely list, I've pretty much decided to purchase ITF instead.
  • Options
    Memina11 wrote: »
    to the original poster and other simmers if you do not went to find this thread lock like any other negative threads that where posted i would use a little caution and no matter if we love the game or have disapoitment it do not change the fact that we are all simmers eather the game is the sims dune or any other game we can not have everything all at once ;)

This thread isn't being negative, I was wondering why people were still dissing the game. Also, we have a right to freedom of speech, why would the mods lock or delete this thread?
  • Options
    s2ladolcevitas2ladolcevita Posts: 341 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

Unfortunately EA has no cheese for TS4 :'(
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

Unfortunately EA has no cheese for TS4 :'(
    Cheesy animations.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @sam123 people can see it's not just a 'negative' post. There's been some fair discussion across the board here so don't worry, you've done nothing wrong :)
  • Options
    edited January 2015

This thread isn't being negative, I was wondering why people were still dissing the game. Also, we have a right to freedom of speech, why would the mods lock or delete this thread?

It is a new rule and worthy of banning if you tell someone not to buy the TS4.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

I honestly don't know if you're being serious or not, wouldn't be surprised If it's true.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I honestly don't know if you're being serious or not, wouldn't be surprised If it's true.

No, I'm serious> I think it was posted in one of the Etiquette guru threads or somewhere recently. I know it was stated we couldn't or shouldn't say bad things about others liking any Sims game before, but I'm pretty sure I read that new rule last week.

Yes, the Etiquette thread, and we can not say anything about any public leader or bad mouth EA.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Very much
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2015

No, I'm serious> I think it was posted in one of the Etiquette guru threads or somewhere recently. I know it was stated we couldn't or shouldn't say bad things about others liking any Sims game before, but I'm pretty sure I read that new rule last week.

Yes, the Etiquette thread, and we can not say anything about any public leader or bad mouth EA.

Wow, that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. It won't stop me anyway, I have aright to express my feelings about something.
  • Options

She's serious. I'm not saying buy or don't buy. All I did was give a list of what is missing and my personal opinion. Me, if I could go back in time, I'd tell myself not to buy, because within a couple short months, after dealing with all the bugs, crashes, and lack of features, the party is over for me.
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    nilanius wrote: »

She's serious. I'm not saying buy or don't buy. All I did was give a list of what is missing and my personal opinion. Me, if I could go back in time, I'd tell myself not to buy, because within a couple short months, after dealing with all the bugs, crashes, and lack of features, the party is over for me.

I tried to play it today, but instead just got fed up and posted a 'rant' over in feedback. I can't help it, after fifteen years with this company and knowing they can do better, I expect better. lol
  • Options

Bad mouth EA? That include criticism of EA's practices?
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    No one should be telling others what to do anyway :) everyone has their own opinions and if they share it should be taken in consideration amongst other people's feedback-in life if you only go by one persons opinion you may miss out! Best practice is to just go by your gut feeling and considering all kinds of feedback on anything you are considering buying :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2015

Hi :)

Actually, this is EA's forum and we must abide by their rules. You have the freedom of speech within their parameters. That's the way things are when visiting someone else's house. :)

My opinion- I waited until it was half off so I *wouldn't feel cheated if I didn't play it much.
    Origin's allows the full return on the game if downloaded from them- and returned within 24 hours.
    Post edited by Rflong7 on