Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need weather in Sims 4!

Don't we? :)

I mean, since day one I was cheering for seasons to be first expansion pack for Sims 4.
Would really like some snow and rain in the game, especially sometimes when I am camping! :)

What do you guys think about seasons EP?

Comments

• Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    Yes, please, I liked the seasons EP in the third game. we definitely need one.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    I so agree 1000% on this we need weather and seasons
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    Weather and seasons have always been amazing. I'm sure it'll look awesome in this game too. So much potential for them to make an awesome expansion.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    i always miss seasons when a series is new - and i hope they add back the holidays like in 3 but also add some more new stuff like extreme weather :)
  • Options
    HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    Seasons and pets are the two EPs I always get super hyped about and then regret purchasing. I'm probably in the minority who feels the perma-sunny, perma-summer is better. I just hate having to worry about rain during weddings or a fun family day out unless I stop the game to cheat it all away (which kind of takes me out of the moment and defeats the purpose of having weather in the first place).

I might sit those ones out this time around, but I know it'll be hard because I bet seasons will all look GORGEOUS in this game. All of the screenshots from players are gonna be torture!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I would like a accessible weather widget on the UI instead of the options.
    like where it tells us the day and time it will tell us the temperature and a Sun/rain cloud/snow icon. if we click on it or hit W key we will open the weather Widget DJ where it gives us a default 7 day forecast, and if we don't like the weather we can change it easily. and we can make storms more intense, or turn it down. raise or lower the temperature. how many inches or feet of snow the town will get.

I can't wait for seasons it's going to add so much depth

I hope the add favorites back and sims can have their favorite weather maybe they love the cold more so they become uncomfortable in 90ºF weather
    maybe they thunderstorms relaxes them
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ShadyProShadyPro Posts: 227 Member
    If I remember in Seasons EP for Sims 3 you can choose to not have winter (snow) or autumn (rain)...or you can just make it to last like one day or two days, if you didnt want default 7 -10 days I think...
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    my sims experience seasons as though if it were real time, so for the next three months it would be cold and snowy for my sims.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Nope, I hate seasons. I always buy it and then after it turns into a season other than summer, I wonder why. I live in a climate where it is literally winter 6 months out of the year, so I love pretending that it's summer 24/7 in my game unless I'm playing through Christmas. Then I like the snow for like two sim days, max.
  • Options
    Rose292Rose292 Posts: 1 New Member
    I love seasons! Added so much more to the game! I feel like without them I am just sitting stagnant in the game. I highly miss seasons, pets and my top one businesses! Oh what I would do to be able to play open for businesses again like on the Sims 2 :(
  • Options
    philkewleyphilkewley Posts: 552 Member
    I would really like to see some extreme weather, nothing disastrous though! But heavy rain that makes the sims run for cover, or knee deep snow to play in, or even a heat wave that burns and makes them pass out.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2015
    I think weather and changing seasons (tree colours and weather sets, custom for each world, plus outerwear catagory) should be a free base-game patch (it's a basic thing) but seasonal specific items and clothes, festival lots, carnivals, events and activities (like visit from Santa or sending Valentines cards) should be in an EP/GPs.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    It'll come at some point provide EA doesn't just give up on this iteration of the series. You can bet everything you've got we'll see weather unless they only release one or two EPS and call it done.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    vergil7vergil7 Posts: 106 Member
    we need weather and natural disaster
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Yes, I want weather, but please, no umbrellas because they are too hot, it's dumb.
  • Options
    DuchessRedDuchessRed Posts: 11 New Member
    I'd love to see seasons!

It would also be nice if there were a decorative use for the flowers, like being able to put them in vases to decorate your house, or give someone a bouquet of flowers as a gift.
  • Options
    Gretchen_WienersGretchen_Wieners Posts: 24 New Member
    I think weather and seasons stuff should be apart of a gamepack or a small edition to an expansion pack.
  • Options
    ChazLee86ChazLee86 Posts: 296 Member
    Am sure a version of seasons will be on the cards soon but I'm not 100% sure if it will be as effective in the closed small worlds we have at the moment. I miss the festivals which I edit quite a lot to make them super fun places for the whole family which is what at the moment my sims 4 game is lacking. I'm only on my first household though so time to create some of my own fun lots.
    http://sims4100babies.blogspot.co.uk/ Check it out! Enjoy as the drama unravels...
  • Options
    weebl_101weebl_101 Posts: 101 Member
    Seasons and Weather will be the exact same as The Sims 3, you have to remember that things persist through the loads, so before you load it will be raining, and after you load it will still be raining. I do admit the worlds need to be twice the size, with a few more lots in each neighbourhood... We still need to think about loading screens with larger open (loading all houses) neighbourhoods. This will need more resources..
  • Options
    ThitPoulsenThitPoulsen Posts: 54 Member
    Weather is definitely neccesary and i actually agree with @EmmaVane that by now it should be a free patch with weather and then we can buy all the items seperately. but i know it wont be. they will squeeze every penny they can out of our hands. But i suppose im also okay with that when it comes to seasons because they have been seperate packages before and everyone was okay with it then. i wont complain about it. but yess i cant wait for some seasons, its gonna be amazing. i hope seasons is the first EP to come out. and soon.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    We totally do (and to be fair at this stage in the franchise weather should be a base game feature)

We will obviously get a Seasons expansion at some point. Doubt it will be soon though. The devs talked about how Seasons was one of the hardest packs to make so I think they will leave it for a while and concentrate on other stuff.
  • Options
    ebomb23ebomb23 Posts: 242 Member
    I got so used to having weather in my game that it feels weird without it. Living in Indiana, you could experience all four seasons in a day so it's really weird to me to have it bright and sunny all of the time.
    UhDsviD.png
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    edited June 2015
    I really hope seasons is coming soon! And apartment buildings. But hopefully like in the Sims 2, where they are all actually furnished and inhabited by sims.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    KaiKai Posts: 132 Member
    Oh plum yes! (Take my like).
    img
  • Options
    UntotheLordUntotheLord Posts: 47 Member
    I am so voting for weather in The Sims 4! Also would like to add my vote for being able to use flowers to decorate homes... or having the plants look decorative, like the flowering shrubs do, so that they can be used for outdoor decorating and landscaping, too. But especially WEATHER! :-)