Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Outdoor Retreat to release this week? Nothing found on The Sims Official Site?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    JCRsunsim24JCRsunsim24 Posts: 31 Member
    > @becstar732 said:
    > is it this week or next?
    > because its monday(AUS) and they havent released anything!

Supposed to be this week -but no kind of info- I think the trailer will be tomorrow and hoping it gives us something :)
  • Options
    KHarpoolKHarpool Posts: 56 Member
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, I agree with the folks commenting on here. Where is all the hype, EA? I've gone looking around all over the place online only to find a few, all be it, tiny nuggets of info about the new GP. When's it coming out? (Other than the unspecified 'this week' blurb.) I imagine it will be tomorrow, Tuesday seeing as how that's the US standard for game releases. Who knows really. What's in it? I want a nice list of all the gaming goodness! I miss the Sims 3 way of doing things. You could see what was coming out, when and for the most part, what was in it. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I love the Sims, I need my Sims! :wink:
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Maybe they lost their passion.

Maybe since sales were bad they're not excited about Sims 4 anymore?
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »

It's possible. And while they likely have an EP or two planned if they have indeed lost their passion to promote the game they will halfheartedly release them to little fanfare. That doesn't mean the devs won't do their best to do a great job on them, it just means EA won't care.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    edited January 2015
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    LaAbby wrote: »

It's possible. And while they likely have an EP or two planned if they have indeed lost their passion to promote the game they will halfheartedly release them to little fanfare. That doesn't mean the devs won't do their best to do a great job on them, it just means EA won't care.

If true, the thing that is wholly ridiculous is... the community is telling them how to fix it so we buy crap again... like- for real- the first speed bump and you throw up your hands and say: "Man, they don't like our vision- I guess we'll all just go away now..."

Like... for real, for real?

Adapt. Overcome. Improvise.

Look at the feedback, reconfigure your priorities and then reenagage.

Seriously.
  • Options
    SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    I am wondering if there is even much to show. Maybe what people know already is all that will be in the GP.

However I am surprised that there is a lack of information, not even a broadcast. The pool patch had a broadcast (an awful one may I say) so why not the 'game pack' or what ever it's called?

Where is the hype, the countdows, the 'PEPS' the 'OMG I can't wait to play this!' attitude?

So far it is not unknown that game sales are poor so why are they setting themselves up for more faliure?

because Broadcast= don't buy
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited January 2015
    Because Broadcast=don't buy? Really? Not exactly a good reason not to buy Outdoor Retreat. Basically because there's no way of knowing what's in it. And someone wants to skip it because of no broadcast, poor choice. For me having very little info on it will make me want to buy it even more for the shear curiosity of what's in it. :)
  • Options
    Caitie85Caitie85 Posts: 156 Member
    Forget about the hype, what about just the basic information? Like, the release date? I can never remember a time when EA was so close-lipped over when their product was being released. Right now, it's 11pm EST, which means it's 8pm there. End of the work day. And literally the ONLY SOURCE OF INFORMATION that we have regarding a release date is the little blurb at the bottom of the main menu in-game ... WHICH STILL READS "NEXT WEEK"! Expansion pack, stuff pack, didn't matter -- even if they didn't have live broadcasts and Q&A's with the Gurus and tons of screenshots and all that stuff, at least you knew when it was released. Even the stuff packs, which didn't get much publicity, were announced, complete with release date, about a month in advance. Even the store sets were announced a few weeks before being released! This is the first paid DLC of this game; it's kind of a big deal, even if it was just a small stuff pack that came with a few outfits and a lamp. Where is the info?!
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
  • Options
    ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    Do we really think it is coming out this week? When I launch my game, it still says that it comes out "next week".
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    It is indeed odd. I mean it is true that they never really hyped up stuff packs before, but this is "supposed" to be a Game Pack, a completely new pack-type addition to the series on top of being the first pack released for TS4. I'm honestly amazed that there hasn't been any hype over it to the point it sometimes feels like nothing's really coming out. Oh well, time will tell.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited January 2015
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    They're doing so little to promote it, it's almost like they're embarrassed about it. Or they want us to buy it blindly without knowing too much about it. I think not!

They have released trailers and done interviews etc.

I think it's more the fact that this is just "digital content" rather than a full blown Expansion that you would find in stores etc.
    Saving money on advertising, because it's not a full blown release.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    ts3seml wrote: »
    Do we really think it is coming out this week? When I launch my game, it still says that it comes out "next week".

It just hasn't been updated yet. It's most likely tomorrow.
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    I don't know who is looking after advertising/marketing for Sims 4..... they're not doing a very good job. No wonder the sales are down.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    Caitie85Caitie85 Posts: 156 Member

That's been nagging me at the back of my mind, too. I've been telling it to shut up and go away, but every time I load up the game, or see something else alluding to the "next week" release, it comes back.
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Caitie85 wrote: »

That's been nagging me at the back of my mind, too. I've been telling it to shut up and go away, but every time I load up the game, or see something else alluding to the "next week" release, it comes back.

Give it time guys! It will be updated. It's 11:12pm PST. I think we will hear some more information between 8-12 on Tuesday as stated previously. Hopefully wake up to some good news.... I'm from Australia! :)
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    Call me spoiled, but with The Sims 3 there were game previews, countdowns and live broadcasts to build up the next release for content. Between the store and expansion packs, my interest in playing was continual. I noticed with the last free patch, we knew it was announced but there was no release date until the day before. Now with this first world, I can find nothing on the Sims site about it. Only random tweets about the upcoming content and that it will release this week- what is going on EA? Where is your enthusiasm for this game gone? Please give us some info... what is in the works???

IKR. I am blindly confident that it will be available this week, but I do get a little nervous when I hear nothing. I would imagine they would be buggin' the living crap outta us about it, so it will sell like gangbusters. I'm sure there is a reason, but I am still clinging onto the hope that it's coming.

• Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    > @David_Wharton said:
    > I don't know who is looking after advertising/marketing for Sims 4..... they're not doing a very good job. No wonder the sales are down.

The Sims 4 sales are actually quite decent, though they are not as good as The Sims 3.