Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Outdoor Retreat to release this week? Nothing found on The Sims Official Site?

Call me spoiled, but with The Sims 3 there were game previews, countdowns and live broadcasts to build up the next release for content. Between the store and expansion packs, my interest in playing was continual. I noticed with the last free patch, we knew it was announced but there was no release date until the day before. Now with this first world, I can find nothing on the Sims site about it. Only random tweets about the upcoming content and that it will release this week- what is going on EA? Where is your enthusiasm for this game gone? Please give us some info... what is in the works???

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I am wondering if there is even much to show. Maybe what people know already is all that will be in the GP.

However I am surprised that there is a lack of information, not even a broadcast. The pool patch had a broadcast (an awful one may I say) so why not the 'game pack' or what ever it's called?

Where is the hype, the countdows, the 'PEPS' the 'OMG I can't wait to play this!' attitude?

So far it is not unknown that game sales are poor so why are they setting themselves up for more faliure?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    I would like to know how big the file is, before i buy it. Because i have the budget internet connection and download speed is very slow. If its too big a file, i will not buy it.
  • ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    edited January 2015
    While it is odd that there isn't any hype and/or countdowns or any big presentation, because that's their usual MO...

I actually don't want that. In an ideal world, I'd be saying where is the measured, detailed flow of information regarding what exactly is in the pack?

I mean- the pack is finished. it's not like they can go back and change anything. People that buy the GP are going to find out what is in it eventually. Why not just be honest, upfront and mature about it?

Why is there this ridiculous need to keep content secret? I get (to a point) not discussing "future content" because it's subject to change and you don't want to get people's hopes up and yada yada... but, this content is DONE. Given the rocky start, EAxis silence just makes people assume the worst.

When I was in the Army, I had a First Sergeant that told me something that I still hold dear to this day: "Bad news doesn't get better with time," he told me.

I'm not saying that it necessarily is bad news, only that- if it is- what exactly do you think is going to happen between now and next week? You made your bed, now sleep in it. Own it and flippin' talk to the community.
  • ArubianaCalienteArubianaCaliente Posts: 448 Member
    edited January 2015
    My guess is the pack contains a couple tent styles, maybe some log cabin parts, a few hairstyles and pieces of clothing along with the new venue. I'm not expecting a ton of stuff for 20 bucks. I just wish EA would stop teasing us so much. I want to buy the pack, but I also want a good idea of what's in it from an official source.

Edited for typos
    Post edited by ArubianaCaliente on
    Please check out my Youtube channel, thanks! https://youtube.com/user/RubySimsFatale
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    While it is odd that there isn't any hype and/or countdowns or any big presentation, because that's their usual MO...

I actually don't want that. In an ideal world, I'd be saying where is the measured, detailed flow of information regarding what exactly is in the pack?

I mean- the pack is finished. it's not like they can go back and change anything. People that buy the GP are going to find out what is in it eventually. Why not just be honest, upfront and mature about it?

Why is there this ridiculous need to keep content secret? I get (to a point) not discussing "future content" because it's subject to change and you don't want to get people's hopes up and yada yada... but, this content is DONE. Given the rocky start, EAxis silence just makes people assume the worst.

When I was in the Army, I had a First Sergeant that told me something that I still hold dear to this day: "Bad news doesn't get better with time," he told me.

I'm not saying that it necessarily is bad news, only that- if it is- what exactly do you think is going to happen between now and next week? You made your bed, now sleep in it. Own it and flippin' talk to the community.

Well said!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • JCRsunsim24JCRsunsim24 Posts: 31 Member
    I found something on a tweet that says to subscribe to see the preview trailer this week- I can not find it listed for sale on Origin and nothing on the Sims site? Like ASDF0716 said above, the pack is finished, so just curious as to the lack of information. I feel like they have no confidence in their product... they should have continued to develop the Sims 4 until they were ready to release instead of rushing it out. The Sims 3 was running strong and the content was good and plentiful.
    I found something on a tweet that says to subscribe to see the preview trailer this week- I can not find it listed for sale on Origin and nothing on the Sims site? Like ASDF0716 said above, the pack is finished, so just curious as to the lack of information. I feel like they have no confidence in their product... they should have continued to develop the Sims 4 until they were ready to release instead of rushing it out. The Sims 3 was running strong and the content was good and plentiful.

Couldn't agree more! More Sims 3 content and final bug fixes please?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Agreed with everyone else here. The GP is done. They should be selling it, not hiding it if they want people lining up to buy it on release day.
    edited January 2015
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Agreed with everyone else here. The GP is done. They should be selling it, not hiding it if they want people lining up to buy it on release day.

I remember the old days when a couple of months before an EP comes out there will be hints and clues before the leaked information and then there will be the enthusiasm, the hype, the PEPS and finally the count downs and not forgetting previews, screens, broadcasts and the live chats.

It seems the pack is coming next week but no one would even notice?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    My guess is the pack contains a couple tent styles, maybe some log cabin parts, a few hairstyles and pieces of clothing along with the new venue. I'm not expecting a ton of stuff for 20 bucks. I just wish EA would stop teasing us so much. I want to buy the pack, but I also want a good idea of what's in it from an official source.

Edited for typos

Judging from some of the teaser screens, we're getting:

Camp chairs
    Log furniture (chair and bench/sofa)
    Working cooler (not just decor like in IP)
    Ground blanket (you can lay on it and look at the stars)
    Campfire pit
    Tents -- I believe two types, a small 2 person tent and a larger family tent (similar to what we had in WA)
    New restroom building (in Debug mode)
    CAS: hairstyles, clothing, hats (there's a cap with a jackalope on the front that one of the SimGurus had in their Twitter avatar)

New collectibles: insects, herbs
    New Herbalism skill and new aspiration with Survivalist reward trait
    Someone I think mentioned horseshoes as an activity, along with group singing around the campfire

Hoping we get but not confirmed:
    Outdoor showers
    Log walls in Build Mode
    Bunk beds (would be good for families who rent a lodge/cabin)

My guesses (pulled out of my backside) would be that the trailer will come out on Tuesday morning, so the Ask a Guru thread in General Discussions can field a lot of questions then. Wednesday will be a small bug fix patch to take care of some of the major issues people had with the December patch, then the game pack will come out on Thursday. We might get another screenshot on Monday but that's not a given.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Flufpup78Flufpup78 Posts: 2 New Member
    I agree stilljustme Thursday could be the day for it to come out but what happens like the bug fixes if you are on the game playing and you want to like go somewhere wont it like just be in codes like *746* or something that's what happened with my December patch?
  • YorkieGirl4YorkieGirl4 Posts: 361 Member
    It bothers me that they choose to release their announcements across different social media sites but no longer bother to announce it on the official forums / site. I don't like having to go on a scavenger hunt to see what they've said about new content. It'd be nice if they'd remember that it isn't just about getting likes on Facebook or followers on Twitter...
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    To the OP I have been thinking about this for days now and can't understand it. I took it from the sims 4 led up that there was no substantive marketing because of the 'bad news' coming, no toddlers, semi closed world etc. But I just don't get it, the company has chosen this add on, it's finished and due to release next week. What is controversial about a camping pack? There should be an advertisement, broadcasts etc. Why is the only trailer showing a silly shot of a person in a costume stinking up the toilet. I'm not two years old, you know.
  • becstar732becstar732 Posts: 265 Member
    is it this week or next?
    because its monday(AUS) and they havent released anything!
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    becstar732 wrote: »
    is it this week or next?

Tralier tomorrow... not sure about release. Could be tomorrow.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    becstar732 wrote: »
    is it this week or next?
    It might be Monday in aus, ( waves to fellow Aussie) but our Tuesday is US Monday.
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    I don't think they are hiding anything. They've given teasers. Some of the fun in this game is actually exploring and finding secrets. They were the same way for pools (the broadcast was the same day I believe?) and the ghosts patch. Not much was released until the actual release.

I don't really know why they are doing it this way. But it's not different than the rest of the way it has been.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I was just on The Sims's homepage just moments ago, and saw nothing about Outdoor Retreat being released at all. Why? :\
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    They're doing so little to promote it, it's almost like they're embarrassed about it. Or they want us to buy it blindly without knowing too much about it. I think not!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • FuzzygiraffeFuzzygiraffe Posts: 172 Member
    Well I don't blame them for not having parades over OR. As much as I like the idea and am excited for it, it's just a glorified stuff pack. No need for broadcasts there.
  • konfusedwithakkonfusedwithak Posts: 79 Member
    > @ASDF0716 said:
    > While it is odd that there isn't any hype and/or countdowns or any big presentation, because that's their usual MO...
    >
    > I actually don't want that. In an ideal world, I'd be saying where is the measured, detailed flow of information regarding what exactly is in the pack?
    >
    > I mean- the pack is finished. it's not like they can go back and change anything. People that buy the GP are going to find out what is in it eventually. Why not just be honest, upfront and mature about it?
    >
    > Why is there this ridiculous need to keep content secret? I get (to a point) not discussing "future content" because it's subject to change and you don't want to get people's hopes up and yada yada... but, this content is DONE. Given the rocky start, EAxis silence just makes people assume the worst.

I agree, The lack of information, or even an actual date it will be released really bothers me. I don't understand what EA is doing. I would assume they would want to hype up any expansions, or add-ons, after what was a dismal launch of the new game. I would think they would want to do all they could to win back the loyalty of long time fans who were disappointed with the newest installment. I predict TS4, and it's following EPs will be the last in the series. I really don't think their heart is in it anymore.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    While ago on twitter they told someone later this week.
  • carroebcarroeb Posts: 37 Member
    Does anyone know anything about the release in Sweden? Or Europe at least? We haven't heard much about it either...
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    While ago on twitter they told someone later this week.
    Tuesday is later this week. :)

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Well I don't blame them for not having parades over OR. As much as I like the idea and am excited for it, it's just a glorified stuff pack. No need for broadcasts there.

True. They didn't make big announcements over every stuff pack.