Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEED HELP - wont let me play with any families - stuck on town map

Comments

• Options
    shannonthekittyshannonthekitty Posts: 13 New Member
    I haven't been able to play since 12/27/14 because of this issue, its getting really annoying. And now I am seeing more and more posts about it. Anyone finally fix it?
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I may have a clue as to why this is happening. Anyone here having the twins glitch as well and are you splitting up your pair?

Actually, that's a very interesting theory. In my game, one of the twins had just died. Like, Grimmy is actually still on the lot. I saved the game straight after the twin died and then the next time I tried to play I had this bug.

@luthienrising sorry to summon you, but I thought this might interest you! Hope you don't mind.
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    Andrew060Andrew060 Posts: 281 Member
    edited January 2015
    I've been having this issue for over a week now. I don't understand why it's taking so long for them to fix. Repeating myself a bit here, but some people have been having this problem since mid December.
    Andrew - UK Fan and player of the Sims since the year 2000
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I got this bug, so annoying so many gens in. The only thing that worked for me was to start a new game, saves that have been saved over seem to be borked I went back to the beginning of the gen (new surname so new save and I haven't got back to saving over it - I save as five or so times on each surname) and it loaded but I've started again on new saves until they fix this.
  • Options
    ttttttfanmanttttttfanman Posts: 53 Member
    When will they fix this? :'(
  • Options
    rk800rk800 Posts: 541 Member
    When will they fix this? :'(

It's extremely annoying! How many people playing had twins in one of their current households? Could they be causing it?
    2cr3bs9.png
  • Options
    omgwork!omgwork! Posts: 1 New Member
    omg can they fix this bc im having the same problem like seriously paid money for this and I doesn't work what even im not happy!!!!
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Everyone, if you haven't done this already, add your voice to the following thread. There are at least 500 people with the same issue and it will grow until we get a new patch. :(
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Info-Request-Loading-family-just-loads-Map-again/m-p/4137583#U4137583
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    afaaprilafaapril Posts: 1 New Member
    Repaired the game - didn't work.
    Loading past save point - didn't work.
    Creating new game - didn't work.
    Logging in & out of origin - didn't work.
    I've tried all suggestions and nothing is working.

I paid too much money for this game not to work.
  • Options
    > @MegandtheMoon said:
    > simspeaker4 wrote: »
    >
    > I may have a clue as to why this is happening. Anyone here having the twins glitch as well and are you splitting up your pair?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Actually, that's a very interesting theory. In my game, one of the twins had just died. Like, Grimmy is actually still on the lot. I saved the game straight after the twin died and then the next time I tried to play I had this bug.
    >
    > luthienrising sorry to summon you, but I thought this might interest you! Hope you don't mind.

Right when this glitch started I had just had twins and also the dad in my game died by electrocution! I had just saved and the next morning I tried to play and it wouldn't load the household (or any for that matter). So yes it could be related.
  • Options
    GrumpyCatGrumpyCat Posts: 28 Member
    > @shannonthekitty said:
    > Right when this glitch started I had just had twins and also the dad in my game died by electrocution! I had just saved and the next morning I tried to play and it wouldn't load the household (or any for that matter). So yes it could be related.
    There are no twins in my saves and nobody died recently, but I have this issue. The only things I can do at the moment (and I tried all the recovery methods) is to make new families and play in a build mode. Though some items (not cc, just regular game items from the newest patches such as the pool ladder) cannot be placed because of the script error.
  • Options
    Andrew060Andrew060 Posts: 281 Member
    I sent a message to The sims facebook page today complaining and got this response:

"We've been working on a patch to fix this bug, which we're hoping to have available this week when Outdoor Retreat releases. Sorry for the inconvenience so far".

Hopefully it will be fixed this week guys. Fingers crossed.
    Andrew - UK Fan and player of the Sims since the year 2000
  • Options
    AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    I looked and didn't see anyone post this link, but I ran into this exact same problem thrice and I know of a means to get back to playing. However, depending on when the save was screwed up, you will lose progress but not your entire game.

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save

You will need to roll back your saves. Also, save frequently. To insure that you won't lose too much progress, I'd suggest making a copy of your saves folder 2-3 times a day depending on how much you're doing. Make sure you upload your WIP builds into the gallery in case this happens.

It's very tedious and aggravating but it's better than losing everything.
    Let them eat cake.
  • Options
    I put my sims "saves" folder on my desktop and I made a new family. I can access that family, and have been able to so far, but I don't want to play that family lol. I want to play on my saved families!!! But for anyone that just wants to get around this bug, trying moving your "saves" to your desktop and starting a new family......I don't know if it will work for everyone.
  • Options
    mssoria21mssoria21 Posts: 1 New Member
    After only 2 days of having this game, I'm experiencing the same issue... I upgraded from Sims 3 as to get away from all this glitchy stuff on my Mac. Waste of time & money to upgrade when it doesn't even work. Not a happy customer.
  • Options
    JamsinJamsin Posts: 21 Member
    Same problem with my game too, so upsetting! I've tried numberious things, nothing is working!
  • Options
    Angela_4588Angela_4588 Posts: 246 Member
    Same here! This is so frustrating!
    Gallery Username : XInspiredAngelX
  • Options
    gemmarosegemmarose Posts: 4 New Member
    I spoke to an EA advisor and he said to uninstall the game and install it again... It still doesn't work!!!
  • Options
    Angela_4588Angela_4588 Posts: 246 Member
    This worked for me

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Took me two times cause obviously something was wrong with my most recent save. But luckily I Had another save name with the same family just 3 days earlier.
    Gallery Username : XInspiredAngelX
  • Options
    RubyJaneRubyJane Posts: 7 New Member
    SOLUTION! I was having the same problem and it was so annoying, but I went into household management and clicked move household, then without moving them exit moving. It went into gameplay and I was so relieved! It might also work if you just go into household management and press play household but I don't know for sure. Hope this works for other people! :)
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Ditto this issue
  • Options
    AiHasanaAiHasana Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi guys!
    I had this issue just last night, and I think I somehow managed to solve the problem (temporarily though, I don't know if this will ever happen again).
    What I did was take a member of the household that I'm playing as, and moved her to an empty house through household management. I played her new household for like, a minute or so. And then I evicted her from her new house, and then moved her back in with the original household.
    And voila, somehow the issue was fixed!
    I don't know if this will help you guys, but surprisingly it worked for me. The only problem is that I'm not sure if that's the best way to solve the problem...
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    AiHasana wrote: »
    Hi guys!
    I had this issue just last night, and I think I somehow managed to solve the problem (temporarily though, I don't know if this will ever happen again).
    What I did was take a member of the household that I'm playing as, and moved her to an empty house through household management. I played her new household for like, a minute or so. And then I evicted her from her new house, and then moved her back in with the original household.
    I don't know if this will help you guys, but surprisingly it worked for me. The only problem is that I'm not sure if that's the best way to solve the problem...
    hi @AiHasana and welcome, theres seems to be more than one reason why this issue comes about and so theres more than one way to fix. very glad you figured out a solution and thanks for sharing so it can help others, happy simming :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    AiHasana wrote: »
    Hi guys!

Hello. Thanks for sharing what helped you in your game. It may help other simmers too. I am glad that your problem has been fixed :)
  • Options
    GnagoGnago Posts: 9 New Member
    I also had this problem... Have you tried deleting all your mods? Worked for me.