Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation!- Do you think...?

Hi :mrgreen:

One of my little Sims opened the fridge to grab some cereal (parents were busy) and I finally looked at what was in there.. .No, not a gnome (I wish!)- It shows Pizza and Chinese takeout.

There's already Pizza... but what about Chinese takeout?
I don't remember seeing it on the phone to order; if it is just laugh and point. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It was added to TS2 with University and Chinese foods with World Adventures in TS3 (not going to ask about cows for the strawberry milk or juicers XD ).

01-07-15_5-20nbspPM-2_zpsa9a91ae6.png

I like when the game adds food- so many in here now and I haven't played with the cooking at all (no more than having mom cook meals).
Though I still haven't make cupcakes in game yet and I really want to... I love cupcakes. :yum:

Happy Simming! :cookie:

Comments

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Nice find! I never even noticed that. I'd love to have chinese food back.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    Cute I think the foods also vary depending on the fridge you buy,
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    That has to be an Easter egg!! I would love it!! I think an option for strawberry milk would be awesome!!! Especially since they don't make cake with strawberries and they should..
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Nice find! I never even noticed that. I'd love to have chinese food back.

Me, too! :yum:
    Cute I think the foods also vary depending on the fridge you buy,

It does? I'm going to buy them a mid-range as soon as they can afford it just to see what's inside. :blush:
    @azsimmer1 wrote: »
    That has to be an Easter egg!! I would love it!! I think an option for strawberry milk would be awesome!!! Especially since they don't make cake with strawberries and they should..

Lol~ Hm... Strawberries. :D
    They should, you're right. :yum:

The lack of Asian foods is disturbing.

I would like sushi.

There isn't much? :(
    Yes, Sushi would be a nice addition. :yum:
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    azsimmer1 wrote: »
    ...they don't make cake with strawberries and they should..

You can fix that. Linkage.

• Options
    Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »

I would like sushi.

Raw fish guts. *pinches nose*
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    mine has one of those stupid freezer bunnies in it
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    mine has one of those stupid freezer bunnies in it

Does it? I've got to find that one. :yum:
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member

I would like sushi.

That is true, I think we should have sushi, and stuff like Samgyeopsal, Mandu, Tteokbokki, Sundae ( and no i dont mean the ice cream sundae), Yakitori, Kaiseki ryori, and other dishes like that
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    dsef wrote: »

I would like sushi.

That is true, I think we should have sushi, and stuff like Samgyeopsal, Mandu, Tteokbokki, Sundae ( and no i dont mean the ice cream sundae), Yakitori, Kaiseki ryori, and other dishes like that

Yeah I would love some more Asian food, Tom Yam, Laksa, Nasi Goreng, Cao Lau, Shaomai, yeah, I love Asian Cuisine!
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I wish they could order chinese food. I don't actually like it in RL. I make my own, which is way better, but I'd absolutely love it if my sims could order more than just pizza.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    AkramA wrote: »

I would like sushi.

Yeah I would love some more Asian food, Tom Yam, Laksa, Nasi Goreng, Cao Lau, Shaomai, yeah, I love Asian Cuisine!

When I was younger me and my use to always go eat at this Thai restaraunt when my dad was busy at work, so I've pretty much grew up eating Asian Cuisine all of my life, the city in whichi I live in the UK has one of the biggest Asian ethnics in the UK, as 2.2% (6,040 people) of out population in the city is Chinese. We have other asian ethnic minorities in the city as well.
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm a little bit picky about Asian food. I'm not as big a fan of sushi as some people are, but I do like it (especially octopus, and an Americanized invention called a Firecracker Roll). I prefer other Japanese foods like yakisoba and katsudon and sukiyaki. And I love hibachi cuisine. There's no better meal in the world than steak and scallops with fried rice, IMO.

I find Chinese food strangely passe. I don't object to it or anything, but, well, there are only so many possible variations on beef and broccoli, or sweet-and-sour anything. One local place, the Sidewok Cafe, has something called Volcano Fried Rice that I really like. It's cooked with hot sauce and your choice of meat; I generally choose the pork, because that goes really well with the sage and basil in the dish.

We've recently had an explosion of Vietnamese restaurants around here. I do like pho, and that tends to be the specialty dish of these places, so that works for me.

Korean food is really lacking around here, but I'd really like to try dukbokki. I think I'll just have to do some internet research and find out how to make it myself. At least the chili sauce they use in it is available at the Sur La Table in my neighborhood, so it's at least feasible for me to make it for myself if nobody else will.

I have trouble getting into Thai food. It smells like pee to me. One friend of mine tells me that's the coconut milk I'm smelling. After forcing myself to take a bite or two, I'm okay with it, and can begin to enjoy it, but I generally prefer other options.
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member

I would like sushi.

When I was younger me and my use to always go eat at this Thai restaraunt when my dad was busy at work, so I've pretty much grew up eating Asian Cuisine all of my life, the city in whichi I live in the UK has one of the biggest Asian ethnics in the UK, as 2.2% (6,040 people) of out population in the city is Chinese. We have other asian ethnic minorities in the city as well.

Hmm, I live in Asia, so we don't usually have burger, grilled cheese, or prosciutto-wrapped asparagus, it's nice to see TS3 have a lot of them, especially when the Asian inspired cooking sets are introduced.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    nateslice wrote: »
    Korean food is really lacking around here, but I'd really like to try dukbokki. I think I'll just have to do some internet research and find out how to make it myself. At least the chili sauce they use in it is available at the Sur La Table in my neighborhood, so it's at least feasible for me to make it for myself if nobody else will.

I have a dukbokki (Tteokbokki) recipe if you would like it :smile:
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    I really want that pink rainbow ice in real life =)
  • Options

I would like sushi.

Hmm, I live in Asia, so we don't usually have burger, grilled cheese, or prosciutto-wrapped asparagus, it's nice to see TS3 have a lot of them, especially when the Asian inspired cooking sets are introduced.

Over here we have about 10 Japanese resaurants, 20-30 chinese restaurants (China Town, as well as other various places in the city), 100's of chinese takeaways, 2 thai restaurants, a korean restaurant, 1 chinese supermarket and 2 chinese food markets. So yeah we are pretty much influinced by the Asian Culture in my city
  • Options
    @dsef, that would be awesome! I'd appreciate it! That stuff looks so good, based on the manhwa I've read.
  • Options
    @natealice i'm postintg it up on your wall now, on here
  • Options
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I hope they add this! I love Chinese food! haha
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @nateslice i'm having to post the ingredients first then the method, as it wont allow me to post both at the same time
  • Options
    Thanks, @dsef! I'm looking forward to trying it!
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited January 2015
    Chinese food is good, but in my house we have a lot of Mid-Eastern food, like Bayme, Hubus, meat pies, spinach pies, grape leaves, koos koos, (spelling of these are way off believe me.). Maybe we could have some of that also. I do like Chinese Food, and hope they bring it back.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    nateslice wrote: »
    I'm a little bit picky about Asian food. I'm not as big a fan of sushi as some people are, but I do like it (especially octopus, and an Americanized invention called a Firecracker Roll). I prefer other Japanese foods like yakisoba and katsudon and sukiyaki. And I love hibachi cuisine. There's no better meal in the world than steak and scallops with fried rice, IMO.

I find Chinese food strangely passe. I don't object to it or anything, but, well, there are only so many possible variations on beef and broccoli, or sweet-and-sour anything. One local place, the Sidewok Cafe, has something called Volcano Fried Rice that I really like. It's cooked with hot sauce and your choice of meat; I generally choose the pork, because that goes really well with the sage and basil in the dish.

We've recently had an explosion of Vietnamese restaurants around here. I do like pho, and that tends to be the specialty dish of these places, so that works for me.

I have trouble getting into Thai food. It smells like pee to me. One friend of mine tells me that's the coconut milk I'm smelling. After forcing myself to take a bite or two, I'm okay with it, and can begin to enjoy it, but I generally prefer other options.

My husband has owed me an Indian birthday dinner for the past 4 years -- I think this year I'm finally going to collect on it; there are a couple of really nice Indian restaurants I've been wanting to try.

Depending on where we go for Chinese, string bean chicken is one of my favorites, or they'll switch it out for asparagus chicken when asparagus is in season. It's a little healthier since the chicken isn't breaded like in lemon chicken or sweet & sour.

I'd like to try pho sometime -- we've got a good pho restaurant not too far from us.

I'd love if they'd add some ethnic foods to the game; I liked when they had the different foods in World Adventures in Sims 3. Maybe we could get some Mexican food (and more than just taco casserole) and Middle Eastern dishes like falafel; we've got a good variety of Italian dishes already.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)