The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Huge thread with info and pictures of Outdoor Retreat

Comments

• Options
    Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    steve7859 wrote: »
    They need tents!!!!!!! 4VvWAk8.jpg

So do my gypsie Sims.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Oranges and apples are both fruit, no one can argue with that. But like with the worlds of Sims 3, and the little neighborhoods of Sims 2. Both are the same when it comes to place that the sims live in. But they are different when it comes to what they contain. So what you mean by best analogy, I have no idea. But you might want reread what is posted, because I believe that you have misread it. :|
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member

So do my gypsie Sims.

Lol
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Oranges and apples are both fruit, no one can argue with that. But like with the worlds of Sims 3, and the little neighborhoods of Sims 2. Both are the same when it comes to place that the sims live in. But they are different when it comes to what they contain. So what you mean by best analogy, I have no idea. But you might want reread what is posted, because I believe that you have misread it. :|

I just thought apples and oranges isn't a correct analogy because the two fruits are more alike then different. A better analogy might have been eggs and tacos or something.

Anyways , this is the literature scholar coming out in me.
  • Options

So do my gypsie Sims.
    At least they don't have to worry about paying the bills. :)

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,520 Member
    You know I wish EA would have announced this earlier because this long holiday period is killing me waiting for new info. I sure hope next week there will be more info.
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    You know I wish EA would have announced this earlier because this long holiday period is killing me waiting for new info. I sure hope next week there will be more info.

No I agree with you, it seems like its taking ages and have a feeling it will come out late an cat.
  • Options

So do my gypsie Sims.
    At least they don't have to worry about paying the bills. :)

They do when they go back to their caravans. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Comparing eggs to tacos would not be the best analogy when it come to Sims 3 worlds and Sims 2 neighborhoods because they are not in the same category at all. Now comparing white eggs to brown eggs, that would work. Or hard shell tacos to soft shell tacos, that would work as well. The thing is using an analogy that are in the same category. Just like Sims 3 worlds to Sims 2 neighborhoods, both are places where sims live. :|
  • Options
    I hope that there are cabins that arn t lodges so I can place them in any world.
  • Options
    They haven't said anything about them being cabins that I know of yet. But they are saying that there will be rentals in the pack. So I would assume that these rentals are cabins or something like it. :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    Karritz wrote: »
    Remember how in TS3 everyone was complaining because we couldn't vacation in these beautiful store worlds well now this is happening with this pack and this new town is probebly similar looking to Hidden Springs.

The worlds in Sims 3 can not be compared with the tiny neighbourhoods in Sims 2.
    Hi Karritz, it's nice to see that you have migrated over here too.
    I agree with what you said about comparing the worlds in Sims 3 to the little neighborhoods in Sims 2. It's like comparing apples to oranges. :)

Hi sunman.

I drop by here occasionally.

I have Sims 4 and open it occasionally. It currently has the numbers bug that it picked up from the last patch.

I tried fixing it but I am going to have to reinstall if I want to have words instead of numbers in my pie menus.

I decided I don't want to reinstall after every patch so have consequently decided to ignore that I have it on my computer until it miraculously fixes itself. I'll probably launch it once after each patch or two to check if it's fixed itself.

In the meantime I'm sticking to Sims 3 for my play time.

That probably means I won't be spending any money on any new GPs or whatever else they release for Sims 4. :)

I hope they come up with a workaround soon -- you might want to bookmark this thread over at Crinrict's EA Answers site: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Info-Request-Codes-instead-of-text/m-p/3903165#U3903165
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Op you can add our sims can invite any sim to go on vacation. We're no longer restricted to only family like in TS3. Simguru Sarah just mentioned this on tweeter.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Let's hope for tent woohoo while the creepy man in a bear costume listens outside
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Op you can add our sims can invite any sim to go on vacation. We're no longer restricted to only family like in TS3. Simguru Sarah just mentioned this on tweeter.

That's good news!
  • Options
    nettlejuicenettlejuice Posts: 144 Member
    Oh, that's brilliant. I always wanted to travel without adding my Sims friends to the household it made things too complicated as I dislike playing too many Sims.
  • Options
    What if our sims can kiss while setting around the campfire?
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    very exciting the list is longer then i would have expected for a pack. love new career option and more plants, recipes, collectables and potions. i hope we get songs to sing by the campfire. and please gurus! storage boxes - our inventories are soooo bloated already
    fullspiral wrote: »

That's good news!
    agree! it sounds like sims 2 option
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2015

I hope next week there will be a suprise patch to fix all these bugs :s
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

I played Bon Voyage for a while a few days ago, you could invite friends to go with you on vacation, was this really not possible in WA? (don't play TS3 for months :p)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I played Bon Voyage for a while a few days ago, you could invite friends to go with you on vacation, was this really not possible in WA? (don't play TS3 for months :p)

I'm fairly certain you could. I may not be remembering the circumstances correctly but I had one Sim take his girlfriend on vacation while he left his wife at home. I am certain they didn't live in the same house.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    very exciting the list is longer then i would have expected for a pack. love new career option and more plants, recipes, collectables and potions. i hope we get songs to sing by the campfire. and please gurus! storage boxes - our inventories are soooo bloated already

That's good news!

Yep. Seems like it. and I think the herbalist will have alchemy abilities to create potions. Tis why I want it!
  • Options
    nettlejuicenettlejuice Posts: 144 Member
    The only way to travel with other Sims in TS3 was by adding them to the household :(
  • Options

That's good news!

Yep. Seems like it. and I think the herbalist will have alchemy abilities to create potions. Tis why I want it!

There will probably be a new "potion" making station for herbalists to mix herbs no? Will they make them in the stove?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

That's good news!

There will probably be a new "potion" making station for herbalists to mix herbs no? Will they make them in the stove?

I would think it would have it's perks like all the other careers.