Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

After all these years, something new and very odd happened in T2 today

windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
Hi Fellow Simmers! I'm back to playing t2 again, loving every minute.

Something very strange happened today. I was playing a new sim I made in CAS. I put him in a lot that I've had stored in a folder on my desktop for years. I can't tell you how many times I've played it, but yesterday I had to start a new game again, so I just used an old reliable lot for my new sim. Don't know if its the game, the tons and tons of cc & mods, or my computer, which is very old now, that caused this mess, but it was very new to me!

So, I get this new sim in the lot and he's learning skills. Looking for a job. I think I was able to play him about 2 sim days, just doing the normal Sims stuff when I directed him to put the newspaper in the compost can. He suddenly combusts into flames. I wasn't too worried, I "x-ed" out the flames and told him to extinguish himself... except he just suddenly is gone up in flames. The Grim reaper appears and that's that. There was no other sims on the lot, so he died.

So strange... Nothing like that ever happened before in all the many years I've played this game.

So I figured, I'd just go back into CAS and make a new knowledge Sim to put in that house, they always like seeing ghosts. So, I play this new sim for a couple days, and then the paperboy ignites into flames! He too is dead. That time, I had my sim run to the scene and beg the Reaper to let him live! But no go, my sim lost the game, so the paper boy was gone.

After Grimmy leaves the lot, my sim walks immediately to the kitchen, to get something to eat. He did this autonomously, and there, at the refrigerator, he too catches fire! Thank goodness I had a smoke detector in that room! The fireman came and put him and the room out. After that, I packed up his stuff and moved him out to a new house!

My goodness that was an exciting time, lol! What do you guys think of that? Has anything like that ever happened to your sims? I just was flabbergasted that this game could still surprise, excite and blow me away!
My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Wow. Wonder what caused it? I hope that doesn't happen in my game.
  • Options
    It seems to me that there was a lot of lightening in the game. Storm after storm, so I think that it got messed up from that? Don't know for sure.
  • Options
    Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    Your house was cursed.
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Hi, there used to be a mod that increased these deaths, I wonder if you have that installed? It might be time to run that application from MTS that lets you see if you have some conflicting mod problems in the game other than a particular mod that increased this stuff. Heck, I can't remember the name of either one of these right now. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    Your house was cursed.

This /\ :grinning:
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    RSully94RSully94 Posts: 212 Member
    The only thing I can think of was in 2006 when a guy grabbed some chili from the stove and it caught fire as soon as he took it off and he burned up.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Hiya!

I have had this happen! :o I believe it came with Seasons heatstroke ;

"There are two kinds of temperature; Sims' internal temperature and outdoor temperature. The outdoor temperature is affected by the season and the weather, and affects how fast a Sim's internal temperature will change when they are outdoors. Unlike outdoor temperature, Sim internal temperature is different for each Sim, and can be affected by what the Sim is doing and wearing. Sims who are too cold can freeze, Sims who are too hot can get sunburned, and can even have heatstroke. "

Found here: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_2:_Seasons

My sim was on the treadmill and over heated and poof! :o I paid more attention to them after that! ;)
  • Options
    pinkieposhpinkieposh Posts: 241 Member
    That never happened to me. I did have a sim that get sunburned running the treadmill indoor. And I was like, really? Who gets sunburned indoor?
    tumblr_phvdhrrkdl1qcy6v1o1_r2_540.png
    My Page My Simblr My Studio
    My YouTube Channel
  • Options
    Wow, thanks everyone! I haven't been back to the game since I wrote this. I have to do year end stuff for my business, but once I get that all set, I want to go make another knowledge sim, since they like the ghosts so much, and see if it was just something that day, or if is really is the lot. If it is, I think I better save it to a file, maybe rename it to something like Carrie's House or Fire Starter, lol. It's really fun to play if you don't mind all the drama. :D

Cinebar, I know there are those mods to check stuff, but I'd have to do a lot of research to try to remember what to use. I sure wish Darkraven still played this game and came on here, she knew so much about this game. Happy Holidays everyone!
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Huh so odd! I never had that happening to my game before.

However, is there a way you perhaps can upload said lot? Would love it as the ultimate home for my Knowledge Simmies as I feel bad for killing ugly NPC's to grant their wish or even take the risk of killing- and bringing back them to life to fit another wish of theirs.
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    Godlike wrote: »
    Huh so odd! I never had that happening to my game before.

However, is there a way you perhaps can upload said lot? Would love it as the ultimate home for my Knowledge Simmies as I feel bad for killing ugly NPC's to grant their wish or even take the risk of killing- and bringing back them to life to fit another wish of theirs.

I would have loved to, but this morning when I tried to load up my game, it just sat there and I had to reinstall it again for the second time this week. I'm now going to try the Ultimate Ts2 now to see if it will work any better.

I do still have the lot as it was originally, but I don't know if it will be "cursed" or not. I'll let you know if it is and I'll put it up on mediafire, if it is. But remember, the original house was made by some simmer that I don't have any idea where it came from. It's quite a nice English Cottage type of house. But it's very tiny, I always have to fool around and make it larger.

I'll get back with you, once I'm done setting up my game.

• Options
    Hi again Godlike, I am in the game now and my new sim just made his first meal...and had a major fire! So it may well be cursed. But I seem to remember that the ghosts don't upload with a lot, for whatever reason.
    I'll let you know how it goes, but don't hold your breath about getting new ghosts.
  • Options
    It's cool! No rush :)
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    Hi, it's not cursed now. It probably was b/c something had gone wrong with the game over all. So, it's just a lot. If you want it, let me know and I'll go ahead and upload it, but there's nothing special with it, sorry.
  • Options
    Oh boo. Guess I'll continue my ways of acting like Olive Specter to make my Knowledge Simmies happy :p
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    MsMidolUSAMsMidolUSA Posts: 328 Member
    That has happened to me before where it stormed and lightning hit a tree and my girl caught on fire and died. I was soooo angry but I just exited and did not save and started over again. I use a mod now that is called "book of knowledge" that teaches all of the skills and books like learned fire safety, and gives them any badge they need. So my Sims all start out with me buying that book and teaching them fire safety through mods.
  • Options
    MsMidolUSA wrote: »
    That has happened to me before where it stormed and lightning hit a tree and my girl caught on fire and died. I was soooo angry but I just exited and did not save and started over again. I use a mod now that is called "book of knowledge" that teaches all of the skills and books like learned fire safety, and gives them any badge they need. So my Sims all start out with me buying that book and teaching them fire safety through mods.

Oh my! I thought I knew about all the mods, but I've never heard of that one. Do you remember where you got it? I usually just cheat to give my sims the bookcase from the Education reward, but I like your method better!

• Options
    MsMidolUSAMsMidolUSA Posts: 328 Member
    it is at Mod the Sims. I can't play without it.
  • Options
    it is at Mod the Sims. I can't play without it.

I found it at mts, but it's for t3 not 2. At least I couldn't find it. But thanks anyway.

• Options
    windweaver wrote: »

Oh my! I thought I knew about all the mods, but I've never heard of that one. Do you remember where you got it? I usually just cheat to give my sims the bookcase from the Education reward, but I like your method better!

Pretty sure it's this or a close match: http://modthesims.info/d/293562
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    You could run "hood checker" to fix any corruption your game might have?
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Thats hilarious! I'd love for that to happen hahahaha. I would just put fire alarms in every room.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Tumelonc123Tumelonc123 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Thats hilarious! I'd love for that to happen hahahaha. I would just put fire alarms in every room.

Hahaha, or fire sprinklers in every room, that would eliminate the firefighter having to come over, but also in the same token, make water puddles.

• Options
    Godlike wrote: »
    windweaver wrote: »

Pretty sure it's this or a close match: http://modthesims.info/d/293562

Ah Ha!! That's great! Thank You!! I was looking for Book of knowledge not talent. That's where I went wrong, lol. But I'm glad to have it in my game now. Thanks so much.