Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trait Effects Happening Without Actual Trait

bold0727bold0727 Posts: 34 Member
Odd title? Thought so. Erm, my Sim is undergoing the effects of the Romantic trait... Without actually having it. This is a sim from the Gallery that I posted. I put her into CAS and changed her hair color and traits - From Romantic, Creative and Family Oriented to Foodie, Hot-Headed and Loves the Outdoors. I have a picture here. The black space is simply my desktop.

http:**i.imgur.com*42Cth9a.jpg

Replace the astericks with slashes, please.

Comments

• Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    I don't know about a resolution, but I am having a similar issue, just not with the gallery. I took a Sim that started in the world into CAS and changed his trait away from noncommittal, but he still get's the moodlets for it. It may just be something we have to live with until the devs fix it, but hopefully not.
  • Options
    ShuushiiShuushii Posts: 745 Member
    edited January 2015
    Happened to me too. What I can get from my experiences and yours is everytime you take your Sim into CAS and change them up this glitch happens.

I was able to fix it by just simply exiting the game and coming back. I dont know if that would work for everyone though.
    codxHiZ.jpg
    Disclaimer: He or Him! Not a girl!
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I've seen this mentioned before so you aren't alone :smile: I'm not sure if there's advice in the bugs section? There may be :smile:
  • Options
    SmoochSmooch Posts: 387 Member
    This happened with me and a Townie. He moved into my sims home with something like Loves the Outdoors, Foodie and Romantic but was constantly unhappy and all of his interactions entailed listening to music deeply and he was desperate to play the violin. I got so fed up trying to appease the dude he ended up having an "accident" and met Grimmy.

Somewhere, wires were crossed with traits assigned and true traits. But this was a Townie, one not altered in CAS or from the Gallery. But am posting here to say it can happen apparently at any time?

Dunno!
    CxevBFV.gif
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    What about deleting the thumbnail file and clearing the cache?

It worked for me.
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Hi @Smooch‌ a few of us have experienced a similar bug which I started a thread about (it's called 'are the moodlets glitching') and most of us discovered that using the mod pod seemed to trigger it. Might be worth checking if any of your Sims were using that bed?
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    I don't know about a resolution, but I am having a similar issue, just not with the gallery. I took a Sim that started in the world into CAS and changed his trait away from noncommittal, but he still get's the moodlets for it. It may just be something we have to live with until the devs fix it, but hopefully not.

Yep, happened to me, too. I changed a non-committal sim so that his second marriage would be happier than the first, but the moodlets still appear.

• Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    Yeah I've seen this brought up many time in the forum, I guess it's a bug.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    It is not a bug.
    There are two possibilities.

1. You cheated or
    2. Someone else cheated and you downloaded their borked sim from the gallery

Trait removing cheat doesn't remove hidden buffs that trigger moodlets. Also, hidden buffs that trigger moodlets are not removed on age down cheat (getting sim younger in CAS).
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    jamesya.jpg

This is James, I dl'd him as a child from the gallery along with his older sister. He looked so much like Don L. when he grew up and had his moodlets although his traits were very different. I've seen this glitch happen a lot.
  • Options
    SmoochSmooch Posts: 387 Member
    Hi @Smooch‌ a few of us have experienced a similar bug which I started a thread about (it's called 'are the moodlets glitching') and most of us discovered that using the mod pod seemed to trigger it. Might be worth checking if any of your Sims were using that bed?

Thanks for the info. The event is long gone but if I encounter it again with any townies, I will definitely pay attention to what bed was used. Actually seems kind of sinister. Luring a townie into bed to make him/her insane. Testing reasons...of course.

CxevBFV.gif
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    There is a bug where if you create a sim with traits/aspirations, load it into a game, modify it through the cas.fulleditmode cheat and give it new traits, the sims will retain both traits.

That is probably what happened and then the sim was reuploaded to the gallery and you downloaded it.
  • Options
    Circe344Circe344 Posts: 22 Member
    edited January 2015
    Clearing the cache helped me with the lingering non-commital trait issues.
    Be careful not to delete anything else than the cache though. And never throw them away until you are sure it worked.

http:**simscommunity.net/2014/09/13/sims-4-tutorial-deleting-cache-files/ (replace the *´s with /´s

Edit: Nvm that, it´s back.
    Post edited by Circe344 on
  • Options
    RevenantVerseRevenantVerse Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anyone found a fix for this yet? This problem is new to me, but I can't find a solution anywhere online.
  • Options
    olyanaesmeolyanaesme Posts: 338 Member
    This happens to me with one of my sims all the time. The game thinks she's creative and a geek and neat, and I get moodlets for those all the time, and its really annoying.
    we way too young to get old <3
  • Options
    DeeB424DeeB424 Posts: 35 Member
    > @Shuushii said:
    > Happened to me too. What I can get from my experiences and yours is everytime you take your Sim into CAS and change them up this glitch happens.
    >
    > I was able to fix it by just simply exiting the game and coming back. I dont know if that would work for everyone though.

I only wish, I've done that and my Sim still has the Klepto trait. Changed traits and still has that old Klepto. Hope someone gets a fix out for that.
  • Options
    pj9871pj9871 Posts: 89 Member
    The way I have dealt with this in my game is assuming the sim had therapy for these undesirable traits. So even though they have "changed" traits they used to have, these traits still work to the surface and still occur from time to time. Simmies are doing their best but just like in real life, you can't always exorcise who you once were. You just try to work with who you are now.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    DeeB424 wrote: »
    > @Shuushii said:
    > Happened to me too. What I can get from my experiences and yours is everytime you take your Sim into CAS and change them up this glitch happens.
    >
    > I was able to fix it by just simply exiting the game and coming back. I dont know if that would work for everyone though.

I only wish, I've done that and my Sim still has the Klepto trait. Changed traits and still has that old Klepto. Hope someone gets a fix out for that.

Maybe @Crinrict, has an idea if this is still being reported as a bug.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 720 Member
    Yes, this happened to me too. I made a Sim with the Dance Machine trait and went into CAS with cheats and changed it. He still gets the bored moodlet when he's not partying, it's so annoying, among other traits that I've changed like Klepto. He doesn't have it anymore and he gets Tense.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Open the cheats console, enable 'testingcheats on' then type: 'traits.remove_trait X' ( X is the trait you removed in CAS.) This removes the hidden attributes left over from the cas.fulleditmode cheat.

Don't include the '
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    The problem i have is that after changing the traits my sim's friends won't recognize the new ones. My sim will forever be "romantic" although I have changed the trait looooong time ago. Annoying.
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • Options
    The cheat I posted above removes this problem @MistyLake :)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    I have tried that but the old names in the panel (the one you get when talking with someone..and you can hover over the little face photo and see if the sim is in any club, if he/she is married...where he/she works etc) still stays there!
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • Options
    @MistyLake After your sim has talked to them for a while the other sim will 'discover' the new traits and those panels will adjust to show the sims 'new knowledge' of your changed sim. If that makes sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top