The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

General Discussion Etiquette – PLEASE READ

Comments

• Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I would just ignore that person. Don't let them ruin your day. They just want to be antagonistic on the thread. It doesn't matter what you say and is not worth the bother. Their problem. Not yours.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    I would just ignore that person. Don't let them ruin your day. They just want to be antagonistic on the thread. It doesn't matter what you say and is not worth the bother. Their problem. Not yours.

Thank you lovely :smile: I just took a while away and people like you make it better :smile:
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    Well said SimGuruBChick & ty for saying it :-)
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    If we had no buttons, this would happen:

SimFan03: I love TS2 because ____ and _______.....
    SupernaturalGirl: I agree.
    Troll: I agree.
    13648474: I agree
    SomeRandomChick: I agree
    ....... and so on.
    That is still happening right now lol
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Jimil wrote: »

....... and so on.
    That is still happening right now lol

I agree.
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    edited January 2015
    FIXING POST
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member

....... and so on.

tumblr_lxxb81c33Z1r0sljq.gif
    Troll in the dungeon forum!
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    So I feel this needs to be posted here- some seem unable to understand these rules :disappointed:
    -
    What disappoints me the most actually is the hostile attitude towards me because I'm 'disappointed'. Yes I am but I work myself to the ground trying to keep a nice thread where people can share honest feelings without attack and again and again I, and the thread are attacked for daring to be there.

I couldn't have been more loyal to this series and I make a point of being nice and fair-I always treat simmers the same way no matter if we disagree but nothing is ever good enough. I'm always attacked for a perception that's incorrect that I'm evil and part of a group who live to annoy people who are happy. Any number of disappointed simmers can testify I've asked them to rethink posts or comments

I've always said I love people are happy with 4.

How is it right as a customer that I'm allowed to be the victim of ire from other customers who happen to disagree but don't realise the difference between a difference in opinion and a personal attack?

I love the sims but I don't love the toxicity. It's pervasive and upsetting enough that I understand why people give up.

This is when we take advantage of the Ignore option (ahem... a still broken feature @SimguruBChick) Don't let these people bring you down, sparkfairy1!
  • Options
    Gramz777Gramz777 Posts: 111 Member
    In all sincerity, Mods YOU are ultimately responsible for the conduct that is ALLOWED to take place on this forum. It's disheartening that it was one of the mods that started this thread and yet, not one word of accountability for the break down and deterioration of this forum. The breakdowns and deterioration this forum has been experiencing didn't happen overnight, and the levels it has reached did not happen beyond your control, your the moderators who have been given the authority to control this forum. What happened? because it's been the members who do follow the rules that have been suffering due to mods not enforcing the forum rules.

I think it is nice to go back over basic forum rules as a reminder, but without enforcement of those rules it means nothing to the very ones who are breaking them....thus the core of the true problem on this forum. If you don't plan on enforcing the rules, wouldn't it have been better to not have brought the rules up at all, then to bring them up and only prove they mean nothing due to inaction of enforcing them.

None of this is going to be fixed as long as Mods simply keep closing threads instead of doing the dirty work and going in and pulling out the nasty weeds that are actually causing the problems time and time again.
    The thing that frustrates me is when mods say " we can't be everywhere all the time". Of course you can't, but we have report buttons so you don't have to comb the forums in order to be aware of problems going on. I think many of us have lost faith in using the report button because 90% of the time...we know the mod isn't going to deal with the reported poster(s) that caused the problem to begin with..the mods just close the thread. Seriously, these posters laugh about how much chaos they can cause to get a mods attention so the thread will be closed down...they know you guys don't even read what is going on in the thread reported, you just close it.... and five minutes later there they are posting somewhere else in the forum with smiles on their faces. If you guys are reading it and know what is going on...that is even more disturbing that you didn't even issue, at minimum, suspensions.

Why are they afforded the right to be out five minutes later posting among forum members who do follow the rules and why do those of us who do follow the rules have to be further subjected to their nasty behaviors. Some of these behaviors are so severe yet they don't even get suspensions...It's not right and it just adds to the frustration of coming to this forum. :(
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Gramz777 wrote: »
    In all sincerity, Mods YOU are ultimately responsible for the conduct that is ALLOWED to take place on this forum. It's disheartening that it was one of the mods that started this thread and yet, not one word of accountability for the break down and deterioration of this forum. The breakdowns and deterioration this forum has been experiencing didn't happen overnight, and the levels it has reached did not happen beyond your control, your the moderators who have been given the authority to control this forum. What happened? because it's been the members who do follow the rules that have been suffering due to mods not enforcing the forum rules.

I think it is nice to go back over basic forum rules as a reminder, but without enforcement of those rules it means nothing to the very ones who are breaking them....thus the core of the true problem on this forum. If you don't plan on enforcing the rules, wouldn't it have been better to not have brought the rules up at all, then to bring them up and only prove they mean nothing due to inaction of enforcing them.

None of this is going to be fixed as long as Mods simply keep closing threads instead of doing the dirty work and going in and pulling out the nasty weeds that are actually causing the problems time and time again.
    The thing that frustrates me is when mods say " we can't be everywhere all the time". Of course you can't, but we have report buttons so you don't have to comb the forums in order to be aware of problems going on. I think many of us have lost faith in using the report button because 90% of the time...we know the mod isn't going to deal with the reported poster(s) that caused the problem to begin with..the mods just close the thread. Seriously, these posters laugh about how much chaos they can cause to get a mods attention so the thread will be closed down...they know you guys don't even read what is going on in the thread reported, you just close it.... and five minutes later there they are posting somewhere else in the forum with smiles on their faces. If you guys are reading it and know what is going on...that is even more disturbing that you didn't even issue, at minimum, suspensions.

Why are they afforded the right to be out five minutes later posting among forum members who do follow the rules and why do those of us who do follow the rules have to be further subjected to their nasty behaviors. Some of these behaviors are so severe yet they don't even get suspensions...It's not right and it just adds to the frustration of coming to this forum. :(

Unfortunately, it is not so easy to tell who the bad guys are. There are users that post awkwardly that are well-meaning and there are users that choose their words carefully that fully intend to wound without breaking a rule. There are also users that start flame wars then fly off to report other users just to get another into trouble or shut down a thread they do not like. Many reprimands are handled behind the scenes where users are warned and action is sometimes taken but the community doesn't see it.

I think the best approach would be for each user to police their own actions. If each one of us work to be respectful and ignore those that choose not to be, we can make the threads a more pleasant place to visit.
  • Options
    Gramz777Gramz777 Posts: 111 Member
    Shadoza2 wrote: »
    Gramz777 wrote: »

Unfortunately, it is not so easy to tell who the bad guys are. There are users that post awkwardly that are well-meaning and there are users that choose their words carefully that fully intend to wound without breaking a rule. There are also users that start flame wars then fly off to report other users just to get another into trouble or shut down a thread they do not like. Many reprimands are handled behind the scenes where users are warned and action is sometimes taken but the community doesn't see it.

I think the best approach would be for each user to police their own actions. If each one of us work to be respectful and ignore those that choose not to be, we can make the threads a more pleasant place to visit.

I disagree to a point...there are plenty enough threads where there is no question about the conduct verse where it falls per the forum rules. How is it that soo many are encountering these posters to a point they are leaving and don't want to come here, yet you believe the mods are struggling to figure out who the bad guys are? i can see the one's that come and go, but what about the ones who are repeat offenders and are always among the one's mods see being reported time and time again where trouble is found? If the rest of us are going out of our way to avoid it yet still encountering it, imagine how easy it would be if a mod put these posters on their watch list and purposely tracked their behavior.

In the mods defense, i think we all know these posters are posting and then cleaning up their post by the time the mods see it. They know what they are doing and they do it well. I have even seen convenient warning post stating a mod was seen on the forum..talk about burning up the edit button. Yet mods don't see how the system is being played? Do they seriously think SEVERAL people are reporting the same post with no merit for doing so? or is it quite obvious that by the time they get it, it's been seriously cleaned up....ehem.. do they not see the "post edited" in red at the bottom? So what's the solution, ignore the problem while it gets bigger and bigger?

It's frustrating to assume time and time again the mods are enforcing the rules when these people end up back on the forum posting minutes later. Police ourselves? the only people that are doing that is those who follow the rules, the unruly clearly see it as free reign and have different plans with a system like that in place. Ignore it? yes, let's all turn our heads the other way while others or ourselves are getting ganged up on by a relentless pack of wolves who are apparently bored at the moment and need a cat fight drama fix. Many don't get involved because it would just make it worse, but that doesn't mean they are ignoring it. They have instead chose to speak out by just up and leaving the forums, or reaching out to mods and explaining why they are contemplating leaving the forums. Are voices falling on death ears? it sure feels like it.
    I am sorry, but the solution is mods have got to be more proactive on this forum and enforce the rules. If we don't tell mods what the problem is as we see it, then what are we really accomplishing here? :(
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Can you guys find a way to make it not so easy to create a new account when people are banned?
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Can you guys find a way to make it not so easy to create a new account when people are banned?

This is a big issue, I second @fullspiral here.
  • Options

It just doesn't make sense that people are banned, and then come back 5 minutes later under a new account. Or have multiple accounts that they build at the same time.

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member

It just doesn't make sense that people are banned, and then come back 5 minutes later under a new account. Or have multiple accounts that they build at the same time.
    We need to register games to be able to participate. One section goes for those who don't have any games registered so they can ask questions before they buy etc...
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options

We need to register games to be able to participate. One section goes for those who don't have any games registered so they can ask questions before they buy etc...

I agree. It should be base games only though, and not the ability to register with every ep or sp. (well, because you have to have the base anyways!)
  • Options
    MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    Wait people open new accounts! When did this start to happen?
    And @bobyo2001: I like your idea, but, if people can't afford The Sims 4 and still want to chat and have fun with other Simmers then how would that work out?

Matthew.
  • Options

I couldn't agree more. If they were banned presumably that was for acting outside the rules. It's not fair that our efforts in reporting and trying so hard not to get drawn in or hurt by these users goes out the window when they pop up only to recreate exactly the same behaviour they were banned for and continue to hurt other users and the integrity of this forum.

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    MiffoShort wrote: »
    Wait people open new accounts! When did this start to happen?
    And @bobyo2001: I like your idea, but, if people can't afford The Sims 4 and still want to chat and have fun with other Simmers then how would that work out?

Matthew.
    The Off-Topic section should be open to everyone.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    Ah I see. Yeah then that sounds like a plan, nice one :)
  • Options
    Hopefully when @SimGuruBChick‌ comes back they will look at this and realise it's an issue if they hadn't already :smile:
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited January 2015
    The problem is that this is not exclusively a Sims 4 site. It is also is a Sims 3 site and there is also a section for even older games. As long as people have registered games on a site called the Sims I don't think you can stop it.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I wont buy Sims 4 because of its appalling state. I certainly wouldn't buy it just to be able to post on the boards. I've invested thousands of dollars in Sims 2 & 3. The should suffice for registered game accounts posting only ( which I do support )
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,590 Member
    I would so LOVE for EA to reopen The Sims 2 BBS and The Sims 3 Forums. I've got games register there and I"d participate every day on those forums and leave this one... Even reopen The Sims site, I have an account there, too. There's stories I never did finish reading. :+1:

I also have more than one account here. What's to be fair about? Anyone can... that's what's fair.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    It would be nice to reopen Sims 2's, and Sims 3's forums. But it would cost EA even more money to keep those sites open when it's much cheaper for the company to have all the Sims forums on one site. And also who gets to pay for EA having multiple Sims web site? We do, and we will be paying for that by having to pay even more money for the current Sims game.
    As for ways on banning those people who come on here to disrupt this wonderful and peaceful community of ours. That is easier said than done. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top